Spring 2013 Professional Internships

Hey everyone!

I just had my second interview for the Park and Event Ticket Sales PI today! It seemed to go very well, I'm happy with it!

He said that I will find out in about a month- does anyone know if there are more than 2 rounds for this internship?

Also, does anyone know how many interns they take for this one? It seems like it wasn't a lot...

Thanks!

That's great! So we're both in the 3rd round stage :) better watch your back ;)

Don't go crazy worrying about this! I'm sure you did just fine. I figure what ever is meant to be will be. No need to stress.

So I had my in person panel interview on Thursday for Food and Bev management. Is there another round? I feel I did super well but they said the Operations manager was not in, so they would discuss me with him and then I would find something out. Is there another interview for food and bev?

My son has applied for the engineering spring PI probably about 3-4 weeks ago. He almost immediately went into "interview stage" and is just stuck there. Never heard about a phone interview and never heard "no longer under consideration" either. Is this normal? I think the closing date for applications is 10/15. He checks his dashboard almost daily. Any experience in this?

stitch09 said:
Hey everyone!

I just had my second interview for the Park and Event Ticket Sales PI today! It seemed to go very well, I'm happy with it!

He said that I will find out in about a month- does anyone know if there are more than 2 rounds for this internship?

Also, does anyone know how many interns they take for this one? It seems like it wasn't a lot...

Thanks!

Since park and event sales isn't a management PI there may not be another round for interviews. Don't quote me on that though.

From what I've gathered, all management PIs have 3 interviews.

Dh had his 2nd round last week and made it through. The 3rd round is supposed to be scheduled for next week sometime. He's going for the food and bev management.

Since park and event sales isn't a management PI there may not be another round for interviews. Don't quote me on that though.

From what I've gathered, all management PIs have 3 interviews.

Awesome, thanks for responding! That's what I was wondering, I've read a lot on here about the Management PIs but nothing really about the other PIs. When I asked him "What is next in the process?" He didn't mention another interview. Just that I would find out in 2-4 weeks. But I guess we'll see...

Best of luck to everyone still interviewing!

Yeah, I feel as though the other PIs don't get much love. I hear so much about the management ones, as well as Animal Programs, but other than that, nothing. I applied for a few PIs that fall under the CP Alumni Only branch, but know nothing regarding those. I only know about how my management PI process is going. The wait is so hard.

DisneyGirlie - - -

Have you heard anything on any of your Alumni PIs or scheduled 2nd interviews for Hollywood Studios Operations Support internship, Epcot Operations Support internship, or Traditions?

Do you receive an email prior to status being updated on dashboard? Our son completed 1st round for same positions.

Congrats on the CP and 2nd-round Mgmt Retail! I bet you get it!

:)

DisneyGirlie - - -

Have you heard anything on any of your Alumni PIs or scheduled 2nd interviews for Hollywood Studios Operations Support internship, Epcot Operations Support internship, or Traditions?

Do you receive an email prior to status being updated on dashboard? Our son completed 1st round for same positions.

I know this wasn't directed toward me, but I thought I'd let you know that for my 2nd interview for the Park and Event Ticket Sales PI, the recruiter said that they were actually ahead of everyone else, and that a lot of 2nd round interviews don't start for a little while longer. I don't know if that is true for every PI, but I also selected a few Alumni choices as well (including Epcot Operations and Traditions), so I was hoping they haven't started the next round yet. I guess we'll find out together!

DisneyGirlie- I know what you mean. I feel like the PIs are near impossible to research. There's so much info out there about the CP, but hardly anything for the PIs.

Thanks for the input! It really is a test of patience. Just read on the official Disney blog site that more activity for the PIs p/u from mid Oct - Nov. Only a lucky few have probably heard anything; so no news is good news at this point.

Good Luck to all!

I'm the current Traditions intern and I'm extending through June. There was a second interview but that was about 3 months after my screened. A heads up: many people are under the impression that my role is facillitating Traditions classes. Nope. I'm behind the scenes coordinating :). This internahip has only been around a few years and has generally been one intern per season.

Does anyone have an idea how is the level of difficulty of the third interview? Just curious

I had a one on one meeting with my area manager and she said she didn't think the third one was much harder than the second one. I still am up in the air about staying here or not but I am so thankful for the continuing education offered. I'm just going to keep going through the process and if I don't get it than that's my answer! And if I do, well, I'll have to really start thinking! Does anyone know how long you have to respond if you are in fact offered a PI? I know the help here is going to make me a stronger applicant for every interview- at Disney or not.

DisneyGirlie- I know what you mean. I feel like the PIs are near impossible to research. There's so much info out there about the CP, but hardly anything for the PIs.

If you have any general questions about any PIs in general I would go ahead and ask them here. I know there are a number of people who have completed a PI in the past (such as myself) that could give some insight into different roles/experiences.

My background with the PIs is as follows:
Fall 2009 - Park Event Operations
Fall 2011 - WDPR Finance/Accounting

I have been with the company continuously since 2008 and am now working for the Studios in CA. I know many individuals who have participated in a PI, so ask any/all questions and maybe someone here will know the answer!

DisneyGirlie - - -

Thank you so much. I haven't heard anything about Alumni PIs. As someone else pointed out, some of them have second rounds, and I was told by my interviewer (the general phone screen one) that some don't have a second interview. I have heard though that Alumni PIs are some of the last to find out. I'm starting to feel that that is extremely true.

As a side note and personal complaint, I'm a little upset about my 3rd round management PI interview. I was told I would receive a phone call to schedule my 3rd interview within two weeks. Tomorrow marks two weeks since I had my second round interview. Killing me here, Disney.

As far as emails and dashboard, no. My status for the Alumni only ones hasn't changed obviously (been in interview stage forever) and for the management PI there was no email update or dashboard update. I had been in interview stage for the management PI ever since my initial phone screen and then one day I received a phone call to set up a second round interview.

If you have any general questions about any PIs in general I would go ahead and ask them here. I know there are a number of people who have completed a PI in the past (such as myself) that could give some insight into different roles/experiences.

My background with the PIs is as follows:
Fall 2009 - Park Event Operations
Fall 2011 - WDPR Finance/Accounting

I have been with the company continuously since 2008 and am now working for the Studios in CA. I know many individuals who have participated in a PI, so ask any/all questions and maybe someone here will know the answer!

I have questions about about your most recent position. I am also a finance major. My first interview went well and I have high hopes for getting something. I was accepted to the CP, so either way...I am going.

I am not really certain what to expect in the day to day routine of the finance department internship. What kind of work did you do?

I am hoping that this will lead to a permanent position with Disney finance, perhaps in a year or two. I am already working towards a move to Orlando.:dance3:

I would appreciate anything you want to share, you can even PM if you think it will be too boring for the thread:goodvibes
Thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter