Spring 2013 Professional Internships

I am not a competitive person and knowing about my competition actually drives me up the walls. It's why I left the PI facebook groups. I am literally so nervous about how things will go for me because I'm convinced everyone is just as good as I am or better. It's really hard to stand out. I was thinking I received special advice or did something extra by reaching out to old managers. Apparently not! Also it looks like a ton of people got through to 3rd rounds. :headache:

YIKES.

I do wish everyone the best, but only as long as you don't take my dream ;)

Wanted to add I met with one of the panel interviewers I had from my second interview this morning for some prep for the final round. I asked him about how many are chosen each semester and he said it varies from semester to semester with some people extending, some not getting Pi's, etc... so who knows--maybe there is room for ALL of us!! :)

For the last five days I have sat here, sadly waiting. All of you were moving on to second and third interviews, and still I heard nothing.

I tried to make myself happy with the " I am in the college program thought" but that wasn't cutting it.

Today, they called and I was out. The number is 407 and actually says Disney in the caller id. I REALLY hope they will call again. I updated my profile to my cell number, which I had left off in the first place because I get such terrible reception in my house.

Has anyone ever missed the call and then they got a call back?

BTW Disneygirlie, I am reading the PI facebook group and it depresses me as person after person posts that they got an interview for the one of internships I am hoping to get. I totally understand your worries. I want to stop looking...but can't. However I will tell you that even if a ton of people get through to the third round, it is only the best of the best. So regardless of how many are in the competition, you are special and Disney has noticed. That is why they are considering you. Let that give you confidence!:thumbsup2

Thanks! I absolutely cannot believe my in person interview is Wednesday and that I'm driving to FL tomorrow. I wish I had someone to drive me so I could at least sit in the passenger's seat and prepare so that when I wake up Wednesday, I know I've done all that I could do and am ready to attack the interview.

I can GPS the address when I get there, but does anyone know the area that maingate place is where the interviews are?

Thanks! I absolutely cannot believe my in person interview is Wednesday and that I'm driving to FL tomorrow. I wish I had someone to drive me so I could at least sit in the passenger's seat and prepare so that when I wake up Wednesday, I know I've done all that I could do and am ready to attack the interview.

I can GPS the address when I get there, but does anyone know the area that maingate place is where the interviews are?

The interviews could really be anywhere- 'the maingate place' that you're talking about, if it is Maingate Office Complex, is located at 3010 Maingate Ln, Kissimmee FL, off 192.

Yeah I knew tht, hence why I mentioned I'd put the address in my GPS. I was asking the general area just for fun so I may know what it's near.

Best of luck to everyone going through the interview process! I'm in the Interview Stage for five internships, and I have a second interview on Thursday... I'm a little nervous; I didn't realize how competitive these internships are!

Was thinking someone had their interview today. Guess not. I was going to ask how it went. Anyway... I know Lady V and I have our interviews tomorrow so good luck to us and everyone else!

Hi everyone-

I was just wondering if anyone on here applied for any of the Animal program Internships? I applied for Animal Nutrition, Conservation Education DAK, and Conservation Education DAK Lodge.

I also applied to be an Adventure Guide for Adventures by Disney.

Was thinking someone had their interview today. Guess not. I was going to ask how it went. Anyway... I know Lady V and I have our interviews tomorrow so good luck to us and everyone else!

DH has his tomorrow as well. Good luck to you all!!

HEy! I had mine today. It went pretty good I think. Of course in the car I thought of answers I SHOULD have used!! haha they said they were picking 7 total out of the remaining 50.

Lady V said:
HEy! I had mine today. It went pretty good I think. Of course in the car I thought of answers I SHOULD have used!! haha they said they were picking 7 total out of the remaining 50.

I sincerely wish I wouldn't have read this. Talk about pressure.

I could have done a lot better but I could have done a lot worse. At least I can say I gave it my all and that it is over. Good luck to anyone else.

I am just glad it's done! It is now out of our hands.
I look forward to reading about all of you getting the job!! I believe in us!!

I am just glad it's done! It is now out of our hands.
I look forward to reading about all of you getting the job!! I believe in us!!

Just curious what PIs you interviewd for today? My poor son is STILL waiting to hear about when his FIRST phone interview for Engineering PI. He has been "interview stage" for about 6 weeks now!! Best of luck to you!

Just curious what PIs you interviewd for today? My poor son is STILL waiting to hear about when his FIRST phone interview for Engineering PI. He has been "interview stage" for about 6 weeks now!! Best of luck to you!

Lady V and I interviewed for Retail Management PIs.

Dh's 3rd interview is done! My stomach is in knots and it isn't even my internship! LOL

He thinks it went well but since it was over the phone there is no way of knowing their reactions to anything he said, yk?

I told him as long as he gave it his best shot that's all he can do. :goodvibes

I've got everything crossed that he gets this though. :shamrock:

Hello fellow Disney professionals interns and applicants!!

My name is Morgan and I am a current graduate student at the University of Florida. About a month and a half ago I applied for a PI in Accounting and Finance. After two phone interviews and one in person interview at UF's graduate career fair I was offered the internship! The most intense of the 3 interviews had to be the third, but I am happy to say that I received my offer a little over 3 weeks ago!!! Good luck to all of you still going through the process if you would like some advice let me know I am willing to help :)

I am not really too sure how to post a new thread so I am going to post my question on here, I apologize!! So my question is for the PI's that already received their offer... How many of you are going to take advantage of the corporate housing and are any of you not?

I have decided to not take advantage of the corporate housing offered due to the fact I have a dog and also because I didn't like having an actual "room" mate in college and I would prefer not to try it again. :) I don't mind having a roommate in my apartment, but having someone in my actual room with me is not ideal. SO I have decided to find an apartment in the Lake Buena Vista or Davenport area during Spring 2013. I was just wondering if any of you have also decided against corporate housing and if so have you found anything yet? I have been looking on Craigslist, but it's not going as well as I planned, so I was going to try to find something by myself or with other PI's! Does there happen to be a thread on this topic or am I in the right area?

Thanks!! :grouphug:

I had my second interview just a little while ago for HRIS Call Center. There is only one spot open and there are five people waiting to hear. I mostly did my best. There was point towards the end where I started to wish I had more time to sell me, so I pushed some other stuff about me into the conversation. Reflecting now, I sounded needy. At least I can say that I gave honest answers and didn't stumble anywhere. IF I not the one...well I still get to go as a CP.;)

Of the five I applied for, two are currently interviewing applicants (but not me), one interview today and two others that I have not heard anyone report interviews yet so there is still hope for those too.:thumbsup2

At least we can all wait together. It makes it just a bit better to know that my feelings of impatience and irrational hope, at the same time, are the same as all of you!:grouphug:

On Facebook there is a PI group. I belong, but never post. However it has been a wealth of information. In the files is a list of apartments, their websites and expected rental rates. I think is this exactly what you need. Just search for Disney Professional Interns Spring 2013.

I am older than the rest of you, and frankly don't like the idea of a "room" mate. I am not against sharing an residence, just a bedroom. I am seriously considering living elsewhere too. In addition to the list I mentioned above, I signed up for roommates.com and saw a lots of opportunities. It is too early to commit to anyone on the site because most of them were looking for someone right away. But just looking gave me real hope that I will find something.

Hello fellow Disney professionals interns and applicants!!

My name is Morgan and I am a current graduate student at the University of Florida. About a month and a half ago I applied for a PI in Accounting and Finance. After two phone interviews and one in person interview at UF's graduate career fair I was offered the internship! The most intense of the 3 interviews had to be the third, but I am happy to say that I received my offer a little over 3 weeks ago!!! Good luck to all of you still going through the process if you would like some advice let me know I am willing to help :)

I am not really too sure how to post a new thread so I am going to post my question on here, I apologize!! So my question is for the PI's that already received their offer... How many of you are going to take advantage of the corporate housing and are any of you not?

I have decided to not take advantage of the corporate housing offered due to the fact I have a dog and also because I didn't like having an actual "room" mate in college and I would prefer not to try it again. :) I don't mind having a roommate in my apartment, but having someone in my actual room with me is not ideal. SO I have decided to find an apartment in the Lake Buena Vista or Davenport area during Spring 2013. I was just wondering if any of you have also decided against corporate housing and if so have you found anything yet? I have been looking on Craigslist, but it's not going as well as I planned, so I was going to try to find something by myself or with other PI's! Does there happen to be a thread on this topic or am I in the right area?

Thanks!! :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter