Spring 2006 CPs - Interested In Meeting Up Before Check-In?

dizprincess717

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone. My name is Alyssa. Like most of us, I'm patiently awaiting my presentation and interview, and most importantly the Response.

I posted this idea on another board but wanted to make a thread out of it so people can see it and not read over it...

If anyone is interested in meeting up before we check-in PM me, leave a message on the board, or IM me - my AIM s/n is sweetxtalker118. I was thinking that since we'll probably be arriving at different times, even different days, we should set up a time and see if we can check in one after the other so that we could maybe see if we can live together, or if there's a lot interested in this, split up into groups.

I honestly have no idea how the check-in process goes and if we even have a chance in getting to live together, but I think it's definately worth a try. Even if we can't live together, we already are a step ahead because we made friends who have a lot in common with ourselves! So far I've talked to two girls at my college, and it seems to me that the only reason they're trying for the CP is either "because" or "to live in WDW for a semester because it'll be like one huge vacation." Yes, it'll be fun to live in WDW and occasionally get the chance to go to a park free of charge, but from what I've heard from others who have went, it's not a vacation. Not by a long shot. Those of us on the DIS Boards are, I'm sure, huge Disney fans and are thrilled because we're getting a chance to work at the place we love the most!

Let me know if you're interested. I'll take your DIS Board name and around mid/late-November get back to you with more ideas. The most important thing I'll need to know is your arrival date at either MCO or to WDW itself if you're driving. I'll be there as early as January 9 becasue I'll be at my aunt and uncle's house in Daytona.

Hope to hear from you all soon! Good luck with your interview, and for those who are waiting the Response - I'm sure you'll get it! And to anyone who's already accepted congrats!

~Alyssa.

This sounds like a really good idea. My interview's not until 11/2 (hopefully I get in) but I'd really like to meet some people before move-in day. Especially because I'll probably be arriving all by myself by plane the day before move-in and staying in one of the All-Stars anway.
My AIM sn is binigrl417, same as my name on this board (I'm not very creative when picking screennames lol)

Count me in too--I am really interested in getting to know people who are real Disney people like me :flower: AIM is SHerold97 if you ever want to say hello and thank you, Alyssa, for coordinating this. Yet another reason to be excited!

I'm also interested in meeting up w/ people. My aim is tiggerloverbball. Good luck to everyone. My presentation isn't until 11/7......only 29 days! :cool1:
You can also add me your facebook Facebook Me!

Me too! Me too! :wave2:

My presentation is Oct. 18th and audition on Oct. 30! It's going to come up fast! My AIM is tiggerbelle22 if anyone wants to chat sometime.

Good luck to all! Think happy thoughts! :teeth:

Me as well! My aim is puretragedy112 ... I would love to meet up with some nice, true Disney fans! :)

I'm game, my AIM is in my signature, and my name is Anthony Maio from Binghamton University if you have facebook.

Wait, yes, sure. I was thinking this was a big meet-up, but it's not, and I've read the thread before, so I don't know why I thought that. So if you've got my check-in day (13th) and are a guy, then yes, sure.

OOH OOOH PICK ME!! LoL j/k But I would like to, at least, meet up with ppl once the acceptance letters have come out! B/c I <3 Disney and I would rather room with ppl that I know aren't that heavy into the party scene (if I make it I will be turning 21 on the trip, but I don't drink often), and that I am somewhat aquainted with. But we should defineitely have a DIS ppl get together!!

Good luck everyone on the interview!

~Snow White's Proteje princess:

Great Idea! I would love to 'room' or just meet up with everyone from the DIS (granting I get accepted). :sunny:

I think thats an awesome idea, and I think we were kinda talking about it in another post on the CB. My interview/presentation is tomorrow! I am so nervous/excited!! I'll be sure to post my experiance tomorrow night!! :Pinkbounc

hey! I was just accepted for the cp spring '06 in operations.. I arrive on January 9th and i'd love meet up with disney people and hopefully to find a roomate (i'll be over 21 by the time it starts). Feel free to IM me anytime.. sn is below!

Hi all!

I just got back from a meeting with a professor at my college who is, I guess you would call, the head of the WDW CP at the college. A girl asked the professor if we could request roommates and here's the deal:

He said it was a 90% chance that whoever is in front of you and behind you (same sex, of course, as there's only single-sex apartments) will be your roomie. Therefore, if anyone wants to room with people from the Dis Boards, we should meet up, try to get in line so that we can get apartments together.

Of course, I'm not sure how many people are interested in this and we'll just have to wait and see when we get down there.

So that's that. I know how we get put into rooms now.

He also said that there are different check-in dates, so that has to be taken into account. Like I said, I will be there as early as January 9, but won't be able to check-in after that date since my arrival time at MCO is like 10:30am.

Basically, we won't be able to have one big meet before check in with everyone here. If you don't have check-in dates or plane tickets, see if you can get flights and dates around my time. I think the professor said there's like 4 check-in dates.

And if we can't all meet up before check-in, or only a few of us can, it still is okay - I'll go on the computers there and post something on this thread so we can see if we can meet up somewhere anyway! Maybe in a park or something? Ideas!!! :)

...And at this time next week I'll be almost done with the presentation...

There are check-in dates all over January. I, for instance, have the 13th. So it's going to have to be same-dates meet-up. I know that the people at WDWmagic had a big meet-up last year at the rainforest cafe (after the program started, I guess), so I know it's possible to have a big meet-up, but once we get working, our schedules will be all over the place. So, sooner the better, if that works for most people.

I was thinking that we could use this board to tell each other our arrival dates to see if any other DISers would be coming that day so we could meet up. If I get accepted (fingers crossed) I'm looking to come either the 6th or the 9th...
anyone else looking at those days?

figments407 said:
I was thinking that we could use this board to tell each other our arrival dates to see if any other DISers would be coming that day so we could meet up. If I get accepted (fingers crossed) I'm looking to come either the 6th or the 9th...
anyone else looking at those days?

I was thinking about the 9th if I get accepted, doesn't seem to early and I'll have a little time to chill out before I start.

I think I will most likely have to check in after the 9th unless it doesn't matter what time I can check-in at. If I can check-in around 1pm-ish then I'll be okay and I will definately be checking in that day. I want to get there as early as possible My aunt will just drive me from MCO to the apartements. Or wherever we're supposed to check in.

Here's what we should do :: When we find out if we're accepted then post the date on this thread that you will be checking in and the time. From there I think we can get a far better idea of who will be checking in at what day and when.

Like binigrl said I would love to get there a little earlier and have a bit of time to myself before the real fun starts :)

I also wanted to ask - Are any of you taking their class there? I was thinking about taking one. My college counts the CP as 6 credits. Technically I'd be a half-time student on their terms, but the professor says that we are considered to be full-time students because of all the work we'll be doing. Also, the professor said that we have to write in a journal twice a week, write a 2-3 page paper about what we learned from the CP, and have a manager write something about us.

I have to stop thinking about all of this... The days are going by so slowly and I just know that waiting is going to be the worst part of all.

Check-in is from 9am to 1pm, so you're definitely not going to want to get there at 1pm (or even after 9am-10am in my opinion). I'll be getting there at least an hour early, because I'd like to be able to have a preference (Chatham).

ICKY on the writing thing... I hate writing... but I will be taking some classes while i am down there (mainly cause they are free accept books) But yeah we should all post on here if we get accepted so we can know who all will be going. My phone interview is in T-6 hrs lol and hopefully it will go well!

Good luck all!!!

~Snow White's Proteje princess:

Snow White's Proteje,
Good luck on your interview! Its not as scary as it seems! :) And hopeful you will get the "fantastic" interviewer! She is SO sweet and nice! Have fun with it! :) Let us know how it goes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter