1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Spray Tanning Before Cruise

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by disneypoor, Mar 13, 2013.

1. disneypoor

disneypoor DH thinks I have a "thing" for Mickey! DVC Gold

How often did you do the Versa tan? The place I went to had a special....if you were a new customer, you could purchase two sprays for $26, so I have one left. I could go again tomorrow, but would that be a good idea? When I looked online, it sounded like they say to repeat it in one to two days, but the gal I asked at the place didn't think it would do anything if I repeated it again tomorrow. I should probably be happy with the one I have. Knowing my luck, I'd for sure look like I spray tanned if I did it one more time that soon.:rotfl: Any advice for that? Thanks!

Susan

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. disneypoor

I should correct my previous post. Online it didn't say that you SHOULD repeat it in one to two days. It said that you could. I'd love to do it again if I knew it would look good but don't want to mess it up either. Any tips on this would be GREATLY appreciated. While I should be packing like a crazy woman tomorrow night, I've scheduled a highlight and haircut. Why not do a spray tan too?:rotfl2:

Susan

4. llnolte

llnolte Mouseketeer

I got a special too the last time I got a tan. Still have that one left. I have never done one right after the other so I'm not sure what it would do. I have always tanned the night before we fly out. And then I always have pretty good color right through the end of our cruise week.

5. Heyriddle

Heyriddle Mouseketeer

I'm glad it worked out for you. I have done the mystic as well. It's nice to have a little something.

By the way, was anyone thinking of Ross in that Friends episode?

6. southlake

southlake Mouseketeer

I've gotten dozens of spray tans, all by professional airbrushers who come to my home. (I have a 3 yr old so using a mobile service is wonderful, otherwise I'd have to arrange babysitting just to get a spray tan). My tans always come out looking great and not orange. If you come out orange, you went to a poor place!

I will Absolutely be spray tanning before our cruise, no doubt about it! Have fun!

7. disneypoor

Totally thought of Ross! My husband thought about doing it and I couldn't quit laughing! I envisioned him having a Ross experience. :)

Susan

8. tnkrbell

tnkrbell DIS Veteran

I always spray tan before I go on any vacation including cruises!! I would recommend you go to someone who does it by hand rather then a booth that way they can control the amount of color. The colors now a days are soooo much better then they use to be.

9. dharma517

dharma517 Mouseketeer

10. RadGirl

RadGirl i was lurking, but i'm afraid my glow gave me away

A good, thorough exfoliation prior to spray tanning, will go a long way as far as how well and even your finished product looks.

Additionally, I believe you get far superior results from an experienced technician than a machine.

Finally, Moisturize! Moisturize! Moisturize! (Minimizes flaking and it makes it last longer)

:-)