Spray Painting Laminate Countertops? - UPDATE Post 34!

Big thanks for the info OP -- I really love this! We have plain white counters (not the best w/ DD who always seems to leave a Kool-Aid or juice ring from her glass. I'm getting tired of buying stock in Mr. Clean Erasers :laughing:) so this would be perfect.

I think I'll run the idea past DH when I get home :goodvibes

Wow! That looks ALOT like my counters and mine are real granite! Great job.:thumbsup2

What was the size of all the tops you painted? Did you need more than one kit? Did you have any of the paints leftover(mainly the sponging paints). I should be getting mine any day now and will be testing it out on some scrape laminate before comitting to it for my kitchen countertops.

Thanx
Melinda

WOW this looks incredible! i am going to have to see if DH wants to do this. The only hiccup with my counters is that they have a metal edge but maybe i can remove it...

Lara

What was the size of all the tops you painted? Did you need more than one kit? Did you have any of the paints leftover(mainly the sponging paints). I should be getting mine any day now and will be testing it out on some scrape laminate before comitting to it for my kitchen countertops.

Thanx
Melinda

I don't have a lot of counter space - you can see it all in the pictures. I have the standard 24" wide counters with a length of about 6 feet in all, plus around the sink and the backsplash. I did use only one kit and had some of each paint left - mostly the gold and white paints (second and third layers so needed less). On their website, they state how much the paints should cover, but that seems a bit too generous to me. I noticed that you can buy more of only one type of paint separately if you run out, which is good, except you'd have to wait for it to arrive while not using your countertops. The kit comes with a piece of black posterboard to practice painting with. I did this before I started. Good luck and please post pictures when you're done!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter