Split Stay at 2 Moderates...1 = POFQ, the other =??

lilandvisma

DIS Veteran
So, we decided to add on 2 nights and 3 days to the beginning of our trip in October. I've already booked POFQ, never been and like the idea of the compactness of this resort and the more "grown up" feel as this will be a sans kid trip. (don't worry, we just got back with the kids 2 weeks ago LOL). We've been to CBR and, though we really liked the feel of the resort, we want to try new things. Being from MI, I can't see staying in the cabins at FW...So, my options are POR or CSR? Thoughts please? Thank you!

Well, if you'e already staying at POFQ, I can't see packing up and moving to POR since you can use all the amenities there anyway. Only thing different would be the inside of the room and the multiple bus stops. If you're set on a split, I guess I'd go with CSR since it's your only other choice. Personally, I'd just stay put at POFQ!!! At the time you're going, you may well get free dining, too, and I'm not sure how that works with a split stay.

CSR. If you've never stayed there, it is well worth a visit. Either Casitas or Cabanas are pretty close to main bldg. Sometime, though, you should try FW Cabins. You'd be surprised how much you'll like this resort.

Another vote for CSR. As already mentioned, POFQ and POR are sister resorts and IMHO, too much alike to justify the move.

POR would certainly be the easiest move but I think it depends on your theming preferences. POR (Our Favorite Moderate) has both the plantation feel in the mansions section and a woodsy feel in the AB section whereas CSR has a totally different Southwest feel to it. Since we are from a southwest-ish area, CSR appeals the least to us because we see that type of architecture every day.

We like CSR. See if you can get Business Level because then you would get access to the Business Level lounge plus that building is very convenient to the main building. Nice for a couple's trip! If you can splurge a little for those 2 nights, I'd suggest looking at Beach Club or Yacht Club. It is so nice to be able to walk to Epcot, and you can go world hopping as a couple. YC/BC pool is awesome! That would be my choice for a special stay with DH.

POR would certainly be the easiest move but I think it depends on your theming preferences. POR (Our Favorite Moderate) has both the plantation feel in the mansions section and a woodsy feel in the AB section whereas CSR has a totally different Southwest feel to it. Since we are from a southwest-ish area, CSR appeals the least to us because we see that type of architecture every day.

Kinda how I feel about the cabins, though they are nice with cute theming, we live in Northern Michigan LOL and that type of décor is very typical for this area.

We like CSR. See if you can get Business Level because then you would get access to the Business Level lounge plus that building is very convenient to the main building. Nice for a couple's trip! If you can splurge a little for those 2 nights, I'd suggest looking at Beach Club or Yacht Club. It is so nice to be able to walk to Epcot, and you can go world hopping as a couple. YC/BC pool is awesome! That would be my choice for a special stay with DH.

Is that also the one that offers the breakfast/snacks?? I recall reading about this somewhere...thanks for the info.

I like the look of CSR, just not sure after reading some of the latest trip advisor reviews!
We enjoyed our stay there a couple of years ago and would definitely stay there again if the others weren't available. IMO they are all pretty similar, they can all be hit or miss ... for us, it pretty much all boils down to theming preference.

Is that also the one that offers the breakfast/snacks?? I recall reading about this somewhere...thanks for the info.
Yes, indeed. It is much like Club Level at the Deluxe resorts with breakfast and happy hour, but with limited hours and not as much on the "menu". You can google it to find some pictures.

LOL I did just that and found some interesting info :) The theming at CSR appeals to me over POR, or even POFQ...but the compactness of POFQ and amount of fans it has makes me want to be able to try it for myself . I'm such a lousy decision maker, but am leaning more towards CSR at this point, esp. if we could have a business class room !

LOL I did just that and found some interesting info :) The theming at CSR appeals to me over POR, or even POFQ...but the compactness of POFQ and amount of fans it has makes me want to be able to try it for myself . I'm such a lousy decision maker, but am leaning more towards CSR at this point, esp. if we could have a business class room !

CSR is more 'grown up' feeling than POFQ, IMO. The size of the resort is only a plus if you stay BC, because you are close to everything in 9B. The walk around the lake at night is beautiful.

We enjoyed POFQ, but it is our least fav moderate resort. It has only one pool that isn't impressive, no TS restaurant and giant Mardi Gras style heads hanging over you in the food court.

Business Class is very nice at CSR!

I'm on the phone with WDW right now....going to book CSR business class king LOL. That is really good to know! I'm a grown up (supposedly) but I do like the little Disney touches with the décor and what not. I have to agree that the pool and whole clown thingy leave much to be desired.

Well, I just booked CSR for our trip ! I ended up cancelling POFQ for the bulk of our trip...still have to figure out 3 days and 2 nights for the beginning of our trip now. *MIGHT* splurge. The CM I spoke with was awesome :) Told me all about the benefits of business class and whatnot. EXCITED :) Thanks guys!

Grown up? Who goes to WDW to feel grown up???!!

POFQ is our fav. Has been since before kids when we did "grown ups" only trips. Would get a river view...quiet and romantic. I don't find it clownish. The pool seems perfect for us.

Will be staying at CSR in June for a convention...guess I'll be able to compare then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter