Spirit of Aloha dinner??

jraymond503

Mouseketeer
Worth it?

We would probably plan this on an Animal Kingdom day and have to leave a bit early for it... worth the time with three little ones (6, 4, 2)??

We have been the last 2 years and it is one of our favorites. The food has always been exceptional and the show is cute. My 5 year old loves it. I highly recommend it!

Glad you asked this question. We have never been and really want to go. This summer my mother is coming with us and I think she will enjoy a break from the crowded parks. Plus it is a nice break from walking all day.

My DH and I really enjoyed this it was alot of fun. The food was good and I think it would keep your kids entertained

My family thought it was just ok, some of the food was good and some just average, the show was ok, We liked the fire dancer the best.
We decided we did it once and that was enough, not worth 2TS for us

We are in the same boat as imortalcandy. While we had a decent time and the food was ok, been once and once was enough.

We loved it. My daughter got to get up and dance, and she loved it! I think the food was pretty good, and I really enjoyed the desert. My husband and I also loved the free beer and wine!

My husband and 2 kids did this w/ my in-laws and it was our finale event before leaving the next day. We really enjoyed it. The kids were thrilled to watch the dancing and fire twirlers at the end. The resort was beautiful and it gave us an opportunity to look around. We were staying at the ASM and so we took the monorail there from MK. We did the last show (8:00, I think). Afterward, getting back to the resort was a mess! It took over an hour to get back to the resort, the parks were closing at the same time. I would definitely recommend driving your car there and parking at the Poly, then take the monorail to the park. That way, after the show, just get in your car and leave.

Just don't expect too much from over-tired children. We saw lots of sleeping children who probably didn't get their money's worth. Both times we saw this show we went to the early time and were dismissed onto Poly's beach. It is fabulous to watch to sun go down and is a great photo op. Take off your shoes and stay awhile it is a great resort to tour.

IMG_1546.jpg

IMG_1555.jpg

IMG_1549.jpg

I've been trying to decide on this one also. Now I am even more undecided!! Guess I'll put it on my "maybe" list.

I think that your children will love it. We did it in 2005 in December, just my wife and myself. We enjoyed it , but it was a very cool evening and I remember the plates being made of a metal and the food got cold really fast. I would try it at least once.

Surprised by all the positive reviews. I thought the show was long and boring, the food was just meh, and dessert was downright disgusting. I will never go again.

We're going to the 5:15 show on May 1, but only because we have to! My four year old insists, but two hours is a long time for any kid, in my opinion. I hope my kids don't get so bored that we spend the entire time walking around with them instead of enjoying the show! We'll see!

I went a few years ago with my parents, and we didn't think it was anything really great. Then again, we've been to Hawaii for a real luau and maybe you shouldn't really compare this to the "real" thing. If I were using the dining plan, it wouldn't be worth 2 TS per person for me. I do love the Poly resort though, it is definitely worth looking around while you're there!

We have done the show before and really enjoyed it. Would we do it again in the future? Sure! But probably not until our little ones are a little bigger to really enjoy the experience.

We have done the show before and really enjoyed it. Would we do it again in the future? Sure! But probably not until our little ones are a little bigger to really enjoy the experience.

Totally off topic, but wanted to say congrats on the pregnancy!! :)

I am currently 25 weeks pregnant as a surrogate for a wonderful couple! Good luck!

It is long. The fire dancer part is good but the rest is pretty slow. Food was just ok. Definately not worth the time nor the cost. With little ones a much better time could be had a musch lower cost elsewhere.

We've been there once and as many other people say - once was enough for us for a while! i might do it every 4-5 years for the hell of it...

We liked the food...LOVED the dessert...OMG... Volcano chocolate mousse!!

The show was ok...and we loved the fact that we were at the poly at night...very romantic...very very nice!! I'd love to stay there once.

Totally off topic, but wanted to say congrats on the pregnancy!! :)

I am currently 25 weeks pregnant as a surrogate for a wonderful couple! Good luck!

Awww.. Thanks so much! :goodvibes This was completely unexpected, but such a wonderful gift.

I hope you have a wonderful and easy pregnancy! I think it's amazing that you are helping out a couple! I'm sure they feel truly blessed. :)

I hope you and your family have a wonderful trip! :goodvibes

We are going in September to an 8:00 show. The parks are closing early that night (Epcot is open til 9, but everything else is closed by 8) so we won't miss much park time. Probably will try it once and never go again, but it was something different we've never done...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter