Spinoff---Parents, Do You Regret Not Having MORE Kids?

I would have liked more. But I married late, we had fertility problems, and it just didn't work out. I got pregnant once and had dd who is now 16. Ran into more problems when we tried for a second and ended up stopping the fertility treatments and adopting. Our ds is now 14. We did think about adopting another but we were both in our 40's at that point and it is so expensive that we decided not to do it.

Before we had kids, we always said that if we had two boys or two girls then we would have a third. We had twin boys and the doctors told us that we had an 87% chance of having another set. That was a good enough reason for us to stop. To be honest, I was glad. DH wanted a girl and I would have tried to give him one, But from the day I found out that I was pregnant with two boys, I was good.

I do agree with a PP that said that it is hard to only get to do things once. I am planning their graduation party now. I do think that I am about to go through horrible empty nest syndrome. DH says that I need to find a hobby.

We have one. No regrets about not having more.

There are many reasons for the lack of regrets.

One of them is that by the time we had our dd, many of our friends and family had teenagers. Those adorable babies and cute toddlers we knew and babysat so often were...not so adorable and cute any more. The thought of more than one of them in the house was not something my dh could handle in the slightest. LOL

I think about having another child often, but DH makes excelent arguments as to why we decided no more. After the morning I had with my son who has severe ADHD I have to agree! LOL

DH has two older teenage and adult boys and we have a boy and a girl who are 23 months apart and all are healthy. We should stop while we are ahead!:rolleyes1

My two are 3 1/2 years apart. I was very happy with that spacing and did not want any less. By the time that spacing was coming around again, l was 35 and I was not willing to have kids after 35. Anyway, I never regretted not having a third, especially since we had a boy and a girl.

I think it would of been nice to have one more. We have four. It was some what of a blur with the last three because they are close in age...twins and dd is 14 months older then them. I have three boys and one girl and would of loved one more girl.

No. Boy and girl. I'm done. When I was first married, I did not want kids. Now that my kids are teens, there are no regrets. I come from a big family, but I never felt the need to have as many kids as my parents did.

Sometimes. We have two - one boy and one girl. Our decision to stop may have been a little different if we had two of the same.

Although my DH has what he can handle so he is quite happy with the two.

I grew up with 3 of us and I kinda like having an extra sibling now that we are adults.

My kids won't have the same, so I just hope they stay close so they always have each other.

Not for one second! We have a daughter and a son and it is all good. They are four years apart and actually pretty good friends at this stage.

A very wise woman once told me two things:

1. Never have more children than you do hands
2. Never let the kids outnumber the grown-ups

It has worked wonderfully for us! LOL

We have six. Sure wish it had been more.

After the fourth in 5.5 years I panicked a bit and had my tubes tied. First year I was ok. Second year I started to get sad. Third year was depressed and despondent. Paid $5900 and flew states away to have tubes reanastomosed. Had #5 right away, but still had > 4 year gap. Lost three babies, then finally #6. None since.

Wish we'd started younger.
Wish we didn't cause that horrible gap.

Beyond grateful for the amazing little girl blessings we got to add on. ❤ ❤ ❤

Hate my user name! LOL. Joined DIS during my "dark years."

We have 4 boys and I always wanted more. I love kids. They really do get too expensive though. I am so happy with all boys. They are easy going, fun, and a blast to have around. My husband is the one who always wanted a girl.

We have 4 boys and I always wanted more. I love kids. They really do get too expensive though. I am so happy with all boys. They are easy going, fun, and a blast to have around. My husband is the one who always wanted a girl.

We had all boys as well and I always felt bad for my wife in that she never got to do all the things associated with having a girl. We are now at the grandparent stage and all of our grandchildren are girls, so she's having a blast with it now. It's fun to see her enjoy all the things she never had the opportunity to with our own kids. Doing it as a grandparent makes it all the more enjoyable as well. We get to spoil them rotten while our boys just shake their heads wondering when all this happened to us. :)

I would have loved one more. I actually wish I had adopted one or had done foster care.

Nope, we have one girl and one boy.
Even with just the 2 we run around like crazy with them.
Often their sports/actives overlap. It's important to us to go to see their games/concerts/recitals etc. if we had even 1 more, there's no way the 2 of us could be in 3 places at once.
And a family of four is just so convenient, traveling, going out, etc.

I do admit, as I am one of 3 and my husband is one of 3, when I see pictures of 3 siblings together that seems more "right" to me.
But never wanted that 3rd. They're 13 and 15 now, and I'm 43, so no way would I have another now even if I wanted to. LOL

I only ever wanted 2. I never had baby fever after my second or the desire to " try for a boy" as people asked if we would. I am happy with my 2 girls. :)

Nope. Have two adult kids, and wouldn't have wanted any more.

Kept me busy just taking care of 2, working full time, household chores, finances, college for kids, etc.

Yes. I had my 4th child two weeks before my 31st birthday. I would have loved to have ten kids.
I'm 39 now, so it's not going to happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter