Spinoff---Parents, Do You Regret Not Having MORE Kids?

LBIJim

Satisfied With 2.71828
That's a definite NO!!! for me and DW. She had a C-section and had her tubes tied when our second daughter was born. I had a snip job soon after. We didn't want any more kids under ANY conceivable circumstances. Not if we broke up, not if one or both of our kids should die, nothing. Two were plenty.

No, our kids are so spread out age wise, I wouldn't want to have had anymore. As soon as our youngest graduates from college DH is going to retire and if we had more kids there is no way we could even be talking about it.

When I was younger, I wanted 4 kids. By the time I had my second at 38, I was done.
So no regrets. I'm glad we had them later.

I do regret not having more. I always pictured myself with 4 or 5. After having the 3rd I also wish I had them closer together than such large gaps. Unfortunately their dad and I are no longer together and there does not appear to be any prospects on the horizon. What's funny is that even if i had another right now I would still have that same gap! lol I'd have to have 2 more to have a set close together. I joke with my kids now that I want to have triplets....they are not amused!

I have three kids. While raising my youngest, I sometimes thought that it would have been pretty cool to have another one. I don't regret stopping at three though. Now that my youngest is in college, my husband and I are able to spend more time on the two of us and have several vacations planned.

I wonder if this is a thing that changes as we age?

Both my parents and in-laws (mid to late 50's, all children grown) wish they would've had one more. (#3 for my in-laws, #4 for my parents). They all come from families of 4 or 5 children.

I half do. 5 or 6 years ago I wanted a fourth badly but we just felt too old. Today I'm glad we didn't as I see retirement in my line of sight and I'm more ready to be a couple again

Not me. Mrs. Tex would have liked to have another, but we were both 40, risks were higher, and we decided not to.

No. The third one was a real handful! In her younger years we sometimes wondered why we had gone beyond 2, definitely glad we stopped at 3.

I wonder if this is a thing that changes as we age?

Both my parents and in-laws (mid to late 50's, all children grown) wish they would've had one more. (#3 for my in-laws, #4 for my parents). They all come from families of 4 or 5 children.

I'm in my 50's and DH is 60 and we have no regrets. I am one of 6 kids, and all my siblings who have kids have 2 or 3.

No!!!!!

#1 and # 2 are 1 day shy of 4 years apart. #2 and #3 are 19 months apart. I have the best of all worlds. My oldest acts like an oldest and an only, my middle is the only girl and only 19 months older than little DS, so she is like an oldest, youngest, middle, and only, and DS is totally the baby and everyone likes it that way LOL.

They are almost 15, almost 11, and 9 now and I look at my family and peers who are still having babies and cannot imagine going through that again. I did my years and years of baby and toddler duty and am so glad my kids are the ages they are now.

My only regret is that my oldest didn't really get to grow up with a brother, and my DD doesn't have a sister. I have 4 sisters and they are my absolute best friends in the whole world. DD will never know what that is like. No regrets at all about the youngest...he gets the cool high school teenage brother and a sister that bosses him around and keeps him on his toes.

I never wish for another child, but with only three short years before DS14 graduates high school and leaves for college, I could collapse into a puddle of tears just thinking about how fast the time has gone.

Last edited:
No. And yes. I see now how different our DS's growing up years would have been with a sibling and the benefits there would have been in the years to come for him and us. But at the time we simply felt like our hands were full with one - stopping was definitely a decision. If given it to do over again though (and of course in hindsight) we may have just left it in the Lord's hands.

No I have four and that's considered a large family now adays. My youngest starts kindergarten next year so that makes me sad. I always wanted 2 kids, my DH always wanted 3. We are extremely happy that we had 4.

I would have been fine with one more but my DH was done and he made a strong and logical argument for why three was just right and I agreed. I have no regrets. My three little ladies are the prefect family for dh and me.

Not really- hard enough getting ready to pay for one to go through college, don't know how I would have managed with more than one! She is happy too, she never wanted a sibling so it worked out well all around.

Dh and I said 2 maybe 3 kids. We had 4.

Now that they are older and growing up and our house is quieter, I have wished we had another one or two.

But then I remember how tight the finances were after #4 and remember why we stopped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter