Specific Instructions for Getting a Cindy's PS (Updated Oct 1, 2004)

dsneygirl

<font color=blue>My little pirate is here<br><font
Oh I'm so disappointed! I missed getting Cindy's on both of our days -- June 13 and June 14. This is our Honeymoon and I _so_ wanted to go since we were engaged at the Princess Breakfast at Cindy's in 2000.

Does anyone have any extra PS's that they'd share with us for June 13 and 14? It's just 2 people and anytime would be fine.

Marianne

Yes, it's wonderful that they're intentionally grabbing extra PS times, thereby decreasing the likelihood that folks will score a PS on their own and have to ask an 'angel' to help them. What's that syndrome where someone nearly causes another person's death just so they can revive them and be a hero? Obviously not comparing the severity of the two, but the pathology might be the same.

I heard a rumor that they might start requiring a credit card to hold reservations for CRT. Do angels use credit cards?

I do have some advice for those trying to snag a PS -- some people have suggested saying "any time" or "whatever's left" rather than asking for a specific time. I think that can work against you because some inexperienced CMs hesitate when you say that, but if you request a specific time that forces them to input it immediately. I believe I read somewhere that they HAVE TO put in a time -- they can't just call up the whole morning's availability. They can't see what's available until they put in a specific time so you might as well give them YOUR time rather than having them pick one. Can anyone confirm or refute this?

WANNAGO and DISNEY4US2002, when I mentioned that Howie's angels reminded me of 'Munchausen's by Proxy' (thanks for clueing me in on the title) I said in the same sentence that I was wasn't comparing the two but that it seemed to smack of the same mentality -- creating or at least contributing to a problem (difficutly getting CRT PSs) and then helping solve it in order to look like a hero.

I guess it might make sense to request a specific time if you're interested in one of the later seatings (~10:00 a.m.) since it sounds like they tend to go in chronological order. Otherwise, saying anytime might be the way to go.

I can't imagine why anyone would beat themselves up to get a PS here. We ate there once and it was TERRIBLE. We left without eating and without paying. Govern yourself accordingly.

Just an FYI I found on another WDW board, guess this will stop howie & his so called angels

. Just got this from the CRO manual:

Effective June 1, 2002, all reservations for Cinderella's breakfast will require a credit card deposit, in full, at the time of booking. The charge will be fully refundable if the reservation is cancelled within 7 days of the Priority Seating. Otherwise, it will be charged in full. As "eatertainment" we have a right to treat this with the same no refund policy as dinner theater venues. Full refund instructions have been added to Sec. 243.6.

Looks like we've have some success here!

Originally posted by Dopeygirl
This thread was started by someone trying to help provide instructions on obtaining PSs for Cindy's, which is quite a popular topic. PLEASE keep it about that--not about Howie or multiples PSs for Cindys or whatever.

I'm confused....which part of this post is unclear? :confused:

Now everyone kindly think before you post again to this thread....keep it on topic please, it will <i>not</i> be allowed to degenerate into yet another public argument.

Thanks everyone!

Penny :)

The original poster had some great tips and hopefully they will be usefull to someone trying to make PS's for Cindy's...

The only thing I'd like to add is that using two cell phone and speed dialing for 3 minutes prior enabled me to get ressies for a party of 20!!!!!

I have heard that the CM's will usually already have a PS pulled up when the phone lines open. It seems they even have a little competition going on to see which CM's can book a Cindy's PS. If you say anytime they can use the one in front of them. Several here and over on the "breakfast Club" have reported the CM's telling them they book Cindy's how long it has been since they have booked one. If they are new they will say how many days they have been there and that the one they just booked is their first.

BTW many of the "angels" have called CRO to make sure the PS's that they have given away can be used. They have been told it does not matter if the persons name matches the name on the PS as long as the "party" tells them the name it is under (having the comformation number wouldn't hurt ). Everyone should just in case have their number anyway. We found that out at 1900 PF. Somehow the name(my name) on our PS and the age of our children was all messed up. If I didn't have the number we probably wouldn't have been able to eat there.

LOL gthorson my sentiments exactly! We too had success this morning when Wednesday failed and my 1st thoughts were thank god I can sleep in now! To themeparkcomando maybe you could try again today for June4th and get in as we got 2PS this morning for a party of 12 and called back at 9:30 to cancel the one we didn't need! So maybe they'll have some seats left of the 12. It's worth a try as most give up when sold out for the day and wait to call the next one. Good luck!

My daughter is competeing at the AAU Gymnastics championships on June 8-11, and we are staying a full week at PO-FQ. We do not know, yet, what day she will be competing. We used your method to get one reservation this morning for June the 8th. We are trying again tomorrow for the 9th to get one in case she has to compete on the 8th. The method you described worked like a charm this morning. I am going to post my extra reservation on the DIS board once we know her competition day. THANKS-A-MILLION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce:

This thread was started by someone trying to help provide instructions on obtaining PSs for Cindy's, which is quite a popular topic. PLEASE keep it about that--not about Howie or multiples PSs for Cindys or whatever. As we said earlier in the week, if you want to debate that, we do have a debate board and you are free to start up the topic there. But this board is for trip planning.

Thanks! :)

After reading a bunch of threads and getting some helpful (but occasionally conflicting) advice, I decided to write a quick "help sheet" for others who are doing the same.

Here is the process I recommend:

1) Determine the date that you can make your Cindy's reservation. Go to the DIS Priority Seating calculator and verify the earliest calling date for the dates that you can attend (90 days prior). Realize that there is a VERY good chance that you will be unsuccessful if you only try once. So plan on getting a PS for early in your trip and if you get it, GREAT. If you don't, you can still try the next morning.

2) Have your credit card ready. Disney now requires a credit card guarantee of $10 per adult and $5 per child. The deposit is refundable if you cancel at least 48 hours prior to your reservation.

3) You should only make reservations using the (407) 939-3463 number. The (800) numbers used for Annual Passholders and other services sometimes have delays (as much as 12 seconds) that will seriously hinder your ability to get a Cindy's PS.

4) Syncronize your clock. Go to the official U.S. time clock for great results. I have DSL at home, so I leave the official U.S. clock up on my screen while calling.

5) Get up and 'at 'em! Begin calling at about 6:58am Eastern time. Plan on calling 10-15 times during this two minute period. The range seems to be picking up between 6:58:30am and 6:59:30am. Some people have successfully tried and used multiple phones to get through.

Please note that there are two possible greetings:
a) <i>Thank you for calling Walt Disney World. Our office is closed...</i> (hang up immediately as soon as you hear the words "Our office" and hit redial immediately).
or
b) <i>Thank you for calling Disney dining. At this time, we are experiencing very high call volume. If you have already arrived for your Magical Walt Disney World Vacation, you may visit any resort or theme park Guest Services location, or the podium at any Walt Disney World restaurant to make your dining Priority Seating arrangements. Thank you for your patience and understanding.</i>

Once you hear option b, you're in and on hold! Do NOT hang up or you may lose any chance of a ressie! Please note that you cannot select any options while this message is being read. You must wait until the word "understanding" is completed.

After this passage is read (i.e. immediately after the word "understanding" is read), immediately hit the number "1" key twice on your phone.

Here are the options that you are skipping:
<i>If you are calling to make a Priority Seating for Victoria and Alberts at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa, please press 2. If not, press 1.</i>

<i>If you are calling from the Orlando area, or to make a reservation for within the next seven days, please press 1. If you are calling to make a reservation for your upcoming trip, press 2.</i>

I don't recommend that you select #2 in the second option because if you select it, you will then be asked to give additional information (i.e. how long it has been since you last visited WDW, how many times you have been to WDW in the past four years, your telephone and/or reservation #). You don't have time for these options, so select #1 as directed above to skip them. After hitting the number "1" key twice on your phone pad as described above, the following line will be read:

<i>Thank you for your time and patience. All of our representatives are currently assisting other guests. We look forward to speaking with you momentarily.</i>

Again, do NOT hang up. Wait for the next available CM. You are almost there! Cross your fingers AND toes! :)

6) Upon speaking to a "live person", interrupt the CM and blurt out "I need Cindy's, for **insert date**, for x people, any available time". The CRO rep will understand your temporary rudeness, and you'll make up for it later with endless amounts of gratitude... :) Don't try and pick a specific time. Any delays will seriously hinder your ability to get a PS.

7) Be sure to write down your time and PS #. If your PS is before the park opening, you'll have to present your PS# to get into the park.

Please note that if you can't get a PS for Cinderella's Royal Table, another excellent character breakfast is the Princess Storybook Breakfast at Epcot!

Have any editorial suggestion? Please share!

Good luck to you all!

Good luck to you! I originally failed on Wednesday but was successful today. Now I can sleep in!

I'm trying starting tomorrow for a ressie for 10 of us! Thanks for the post to help me with my quest!:bounce:

Jacquelyn:D

Still trying for a party of 10 June 9-15. I downloaded an atomic clock that shows the time to the seconds!

I have 2 phones dialing the 800 and 407 #'s. The 800 so far had picked up first!

My DH was calling and the CM told him that they have about 500 calls incoming at that golden moment!!

We had 3 princesses and 2 princes! (and 5 adults!)

We would be willing to split up if we need to, in a 5/5, 6/4 close to the same time!

Wish me luck for the next time!!!:bounce:

Jacquelyn:D

My dd will graduate from kdg on 6/1 and we (dh, dd, ds and I) are going to WDW to celebrate. She absolutely adores Cinderella and I thought that it would be so nice to have breakfast at the castle. For three straight days, I have been calling (and calling and calling) at 6:58 am and I have had no luck!

This morning, the redial button got me though at about 6:59. The guy that picked up the phone sounded like he had just rolled out of his bed! He spoke in SLOW MOTION. I let him finish his greeting (which was probably my biggest mistake) and I asked him for CRT reservations and he said (in slow motion) oooooohhh, weeeeeee're sooooold ouuuut.

Darn. Then I went back a day, then two days (because I know that sometimes reservations are cancelled, etc.) No luck! So I finally asked for 1900 Park Faire for 6/3. He then proceeds to book a reservation for 6/5. After I politely correct him, he re-did my reservation. I am a little bummed about it. But on the other hand, I will get to see the Grand Floridian--one of the resorts that we admired on our last trip down.

Okay, I've calmed down. I think that I will call back and try to get lunch reservations at the castle--it's not the same, but at least it will be in the castle. And, if we are lucky maybe just maybe she will get to see at least one character.

Thanks for letting me vent.

After four days of dialing and holding on and major disappointment, I finally got thru and I have my CRT ps!!!!

Yesterday, my dd and ds were watching Mulan and my dd for no apparent reason started a conversation about who was their favorite character. My ds said Tarzan, my dd said Cinderella. It almost broke my heart. I told myself I had to try one more time.

So even with this being the beginning of DST, I forced myself to go to bed at 9:00 pm and I reset all of the clocks in the house and left a note out for my dh that the clocks had already been set and I went to bed.

When that alarm clock rang out at 5:50 am (previously 4:50 am), I sprang out of bed and readied myself for the task at hand.

I re-dialed four times before the phone picked up at about 7:00 (according to my clock) and was on hold for about three minutes. When the CM picked up, I almost cried. I got my voice together and asked for CRT. She didn't bother to ask me for a time, she just started typing. I thanked her at least five times! Unfortunately, I didn't get her name. But wherever she is thank you for making my daughter's dream come true.

Thank you Disers for all of the helpful hints and encouragement. Have a great day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter