Special offer @ SSR

The SSR offer of 83.75 a point is a real deal, you do not have to be a cast member to get this special offer.... All you have to do is call Jeff at the DVC at SSR and he will give you all the great info....

That's a great deal... kinda sucks for those of us that just recently did an add-on though. oh well... :confused3

vascubaguy said:
That's a great deal... kinda sucks for those of us that just recently did an add-on though. oh well... :confused3

Yup
:guilty: :guilty: :guilty:

I'm not interested in a SSR addon, but I'm dying for more details. This will definitely put a damper on my hopes of selling my own SSR addon anytime soon!

You know, I was just thinking... I actually still got a better deal with my add-on because I got 2004 year points and 2005 points essentially at the same time. So if I factor those 2004 points into the equation, I really only paid about $80 per point. So the $14.25 is just about comparable for not having those extra 2004 year points.

vascubaguy said:
You know, I was just thinking... I actually still got a better deal with my add-on because I got 2004 year points and 2005 points essentially at the same time. So if I factor those 2004 points into the equation, I really only paid about $80 per point. So the $14.25 is just about comparable for not having those extra 2004 year points.

If you have a Dec UY, you would get 2004 points with the new deal as well. I'm surprised this hasn't been announced formally though.

Now, if they would just give us a discount on the sold out resorts. I would be adding on at the VWL. The price is tempting though...

mydogdrew said:
If you have a Dec UY, you would get 2004 points with the new deal as well. I'm surprised this hasn't been announced formally though.

Getting the '04 points for DEC isn't guaranteed and there's no guarantee they would bank them, but you are right... if they do that it would make it a GREAT bargain for those with DEC UY. Mine is Oct though.

Maybe it's just a promo that's going on during F&W? I dunno... maybe it's totally new and they just haven't posted it yet? :confused3

Maybe they are trying to speed up the sell-out of SSR so they can start on CRV or AKV!!!! :cool1:

:charac2: This thread has been an emotional roller coaster. The tremendous highs :Pinkbounc , the staggering lows :sad:; I can't take much more. :crazy:

whats the minimum points to buy to get this deal does anyone know. the 8 dollars off a point was 100 points minimum. i need to call i have been thinking about adding on for a couple months now since i just got my 150 bwv points paid off. i stayed at ssr in july and loved the resort. i really dont care about crv, i like to stay where they have some sort of nighttime entertainment close by.

I put in a call to my guide as he was going to send out paperwork for me today. I asked him if this is something I am eligible for since I am new buying into DVC. I will let you all know what I find out.

For add-ons of 120 points or more at SSR, the discount is now 15 percent off. Just got off the phone with a guide. So for 120 points, that costs 11,760 and with the discount: 9,996. So a total of 1764 towards the downpayment or $14.70 per point. Total cost per point: 98 - 14.70 = 83.30 per point. You still need 10 percent out of your own pocket minumum or 1176 downpayment.

No additional discount for the "sold-out" resorts, they are still 92 per point.

That is all I know.

Thanks Tammy other posters for the information, does anyone know how long this incentive will last? I live in a non-registered province so I cant call and ask any questions.

Thanks

Ok, so I'll ask the question everyone who has bought in the last month is dying to ask. I bought as soon we could afford it and didn't wait for the next offer to come out because as long as I've been watching DVC, the price has gone UP, not down! Do those of us who bought in at $90/pt (less than 30 days ago) have any hope of getting anything from Disney along the lines of the difference? I'm guessing no, but if anyone else has been in this situation before and has asked, I'd love to know what you were told. I may call my guide and see what he has to say....but no time right now..... Any been in this situation before have any thoughts?

I just came to these boards, as i haven't read them for a few days, been to busy! Wanted to see what was up as my mom called, as i referred her to get the $50 Disney direct gift card. She did the tour, and said she was not ready to buy until next year. Anyway my guide called her today and told her they were having a special for add-ons and FRIENDS AND FAMILY of DVC members. They could buy in for 15% off, and get this years and next years points.

its true just talked to my guide if you buy a minimum of 120 points you get it for 83.30 a point its 15 percent off. i got 175 points my downpayment was 1715. i put the downpayment on my credit card. she told me this is for existing members only or if a member refered someone friends or family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter