Spaceship Earth - Rome burning has no smell?

Lapsang Souchong tea. Brew a cup -- you're in Spaceship Earth...

When we rode it in January the smell was there. It's a very cool part of the ride. In regards to the plunger scent, it's later on in the evening here so it's too late for me to make a run to Walmart and so I figured I'd just head to the bathroom and try to smell that plunger to see if I could perhaps be hit with that fine aroma that will bring me back to that part of Spaceship Earth. Instead, the "aroma" brought me back to when we rode Kilimanjaro Safari.:rotfl2:

When we rode it in January the smell was there. It's a very cool part of the ride. In regards to the plunger scent, it's later on in the evening here so it's too late for me to make a run to Walmart and so I figured I'd just head to the bathroom and try to smell that plunger to see if I could perhaps be hit with that fine aroma that will bring me back to that part of Spaceship Earth. Instead, the "aroma" brought me back to when we rode Kilimanjaro Safari.:rotfl2:

:worship: Apparently, it has to be a "new" plunger.

Or a cup of Lapsang Souchong tea...

I believe it has been gone since the refurb.....however, if you wish to have that 'smell' again, go to your local walmart, go to the hardware section, and smell a new plunger......think I am kidding?? try it and see......

:rotfl2:

seriously ... you know I'm gonna be smelling a plunger when I next go to Walmart! Yeah, thanks.

I actually bought a new plunger about 4 days ago. My very sophisticated storage of said plunger is in a kitchen garbage bag, hanging on a nail in the garage.

For the hell of it, I went and smelled it...and of course, it smells nothing like Rome burning. Just smelled like an unused plunger.

I actually bought a new plunger about 4 days ago. My very sophisticated storage of said plunger is in a kitchen garbage bag, hanging on a nail in the garage.

For the hell of it, I went and smelled it...and of course, it smells nothing like Rome burning. Just smelled like an unused plunger.

:lmao:

Ah, but did you get it from Walmart? Maybe its only theirs that smell like Rome burning :teeth:

Here now. This was the last ride of the night tonight for us and the Rome burning smell was there. :goodvibes

Did it smell like a Walmart plunger :confused3

This will now become a focal point of my trip to Epcot. I'll have to do Spaceship Earth and have a whiff because I don't actually recall a smell when I went last September.

Dear any guest who happens to be riding SE on Sept 12th, 2012,

I apologize in advance if you hear any sniffing coming from my ride car. It probably won't be subtle, and may make you miss your dog that you left at home.

:thumbsup2

This will now become a focal point of my trip to Epcot. I'll have to do Spaceship Earth and have a whiff because I don't actually recall a smell when I went last September.

Just so ya know... the rubber mallets at Target (like you get in the tool dept) smell EXACTLY like Rome. ;)

Will you bring a Walmart plunger with you and take a whiff of both? The mind can play tricks on you and now I REALLY want to know if it smells like a Walmart plunger!:rotfl2:

As a father to two boys, this thread sounds like a regular conversation in my house:

"I smelled it."
"I didn't smell it"
"I definitely smelled it."
"I remember that smell from last month!"

I cannot say, with any certainty, whether an unused WalMart plunger smells like Spaceship Earth's rome burning scene. I can, however, say that a used plunger smells like the monorail sometimes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter