Spaceship Earth - Rome burning has no smell?

Hoan & Poopie

Mouseketeer
We were at WDW 5/12 - 5/15 for a short trip and rode SE each of those days I think. We noticed that the Rome burning scene no longer has the 'smell' its always had. Anyone been on it since then? We were wondering if it was removed for some reason? :confused3

I believe it has been gone since the refurb.....however, if you wish to have that 'smell' again, go to your local walmart, go to the hardware section, and smell a new plunger......think I am kidding?? try it and see......

It definitely was there when I went in March of this year because my BFF, who had never been on the ride before, commented on the smell... Maybe they're just doing some spring cleaning? :confused3

It seems to come and go since the refurb. In October, it was entirely missing. In April, there was just a hint of that bacon smell but not anything like it used to smell like. I miss it, too.

Oh no!! :eek: I hope it is not gone for good! We are going in 2 days, and hopefully it will be working. It was working in full force when we were last there in August. I love that part! The smell definitely adds that extra magic touch on SE!

LOL! Plunger at Walmart! There is no doubt in that. Imagine people walking by the aisle and see you with a plunger on your face! They ask you what you're doing and you smile and say "I'm at Epcot!"

LOL! Plunger at Walmart! There is no doubt in that. Imagine people walking by the aisle and see you with a plunger on your face! They ask you what you're doing and you smile and say "I'm at Epcot!"

I kid you not...my whole family will attest that it smells exactly like it!! :goodvibes I usually just make sure nobody is in the aisle before doing a demonstration.

Thank you so much for posting this! DH and I noticed it, but since I hadn't read anything thought it was just a fluke. Hope it's not permanent.

Of course I also could swear that the Dole Whip didn't taste the same (seemed creamier, less icy...but so far I seem to be the only one on that one!)

I think it was pumped 1400 miles north. I smelled it in my office today! :goodvibes

We were at WDW 5/12 - 5/15 for a short trip and rode SE each of those days I think. We noticed that the Rome burning scene no longer has the 'smell' its always had. Anyone been on it since then? We were wondering if it was removed for some reason? :confused3

So glad I wasn't the only one who noticed! I was there 5/12-5/17 and each time I rode it I kept thinking I was hard of smelling!

It seems to come and go since the refurb. In October, it was entirely missing.

That's weird. I was there last Oct and I smelled it then. :confused3

Imagine people walking by the aisle and see you with a plunger on your face! They ask you what you're doing and you smile and say "I'm at Epcot!"

This made me literally lol! :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2:

No burning smell May 9-14 :sad1:

Dh and I were so sad not to smell it

But it was definitely there in Dec 2010 and Jan 2011

When we roll past the Rome scene I light myself on fire. I don't smell the same as the sulfur, but I'm instantly distracted from the loss of Disney detail.;)

:scared1: I can not imagine it not being there. It was there when we went in Nov 2010. That is my FAVorite part. I am SOOOO going to sniff the plunger at wal mart. I cant wait :goodvibes At least I know I can get my Disney fix in a new and very unique way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter