Spaceship Earth Rehab (Update)

screamscape.com is reporting possible major changes to the animatronics, putting in the latest tech ones like Jack Sparrow's at POTC. I think that would really make the ride more interesting.

sorry i'm going away from spaceship earth for a sec, whats POTC ride like now its been modernised? pirate:

sorry i'm going away from spaceship earth for a sec, whats POTC ride like now its been modernised? pirate:

I assume you mean at WDW. Not much, in my opinion. They have this, I don't know what you'd call it, kind of smoky cloud as you first go a little ways into the ride with the pirate ghost from the movie projected on it. They also, supposedly, changed the sound of the cannons going off in the battle at the bottom of the waterfall, but I did not think it is any better really, then the old "air" cannon sound they had before. They also added Jack Sparrow at various places on the ride route, and the last scene before you exit, which originally had soldiers held captive by the pirates, now just has Jack Sparrow sitting on a throne,and drunkenly singing Yo ho,etc., etc. Not much of a difference in my opinion, in the overall ride show.........:confused3

now just has Jack Sparrow sitting on a throne,and drunkenly singing Yo ho,etc., etc. Not much of a difference in my opinion, in the overall ride show.........:confused3

But the big difference is that Jack Sparrow looks real, it even fooled people sitting behind me on the ride who swore he was a person and not an AA figure.

If we can see AA figures throughout Spaceship Earth that look real, that would add a lot to the ride

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter