Souvenirs! What did you buy? Or wish you had bought?

http://www.bellsfromeverest.com/the-everest-ornament.html

I found this ornament in the Everest gift shop in October during our trip but didn't buy it & later regretted it completely. I like more subtle souveniers that are useful or have some kind of meaning. (Except for my shot glass collection, although they DO get used.... :rolleyes1)

I purchased one when I went back in December & read more about the story of their creation. Artist Jeff Clapp used empty discarded oxygen cylinders rescued from the top of Mt Everest (where they had been left behind by hikers) to create bell & bowl art & then in an effort to use every single bit of the cylinders, created these ornaments from the shavings.

I loved the story & the teamwork & effort that went into visualizing this project, retrieving the cylinders & producing artwork out of garbage that previously cluttered that beautiful landscape. :goodvibes

http://www.bellsfromeverest.com/the-everest-ornament.html

I found this ornament in the Everest gift shop in October during our trip but didn't buy it & later regretted it completely. I like more subtle souveniers that are useful or have some kind of meaning. (Except for my shot glass collection, although they DO get used.... :rolleyes1)

I purchased one when I went back in December & read more about the story of their creation. Artist Jeff Clapp used empty discarded oxygen cylinders rescued from the top of Mt Everest (where they had been left behind by hikers) to create bell & bowl art & then in an effort to use every single bit of the cylinders, created these ornaments from the shavings.

I loved the story & the teamwork & effort that went into visualizing this project, retrieving the cylinders & producing artwork out of garbage that previously cluttered that beautiful landscape. :goodvibes

That's really cool!

I regret not buying a fridge magnet with the year 2011 on it. I bought one with out a year and after my 2012 visit realized that I had bought a dated one then and in 2009.

I'm not a huge souvineer buyer but I do with I'd gotten a dated one.

Also I bought a small metal keychain that had a Mickey head 'key' as the fob. I carry this everyday. I wish I had bought the Minnie one. I'm not a Minnie fan and didn't get it, but later realized I could have put Minnie on my spare keys. Just didn't think ahead on that one and could not find it last Oct in any shop.

On our last trip we discovered the little dioramas they started selling at Art of Disney. They light up and are really very pretty. We picked one up for my folks for dog-sitting, and grabbed another for ourselves. As long as they keep selling them, we plan on buying a different one on each visit.

There was a cutting board with Donald Duck on it in Italy in Epcot that I could not fit into my luggage in December that I am hoping to get in May as we are driving. I would also like to buy an area rug from Morocco but it might be too much.

My favorites are always the Christmas ornaments we get every time we go. I love those special memories of our trips every time we decorate the tree.

My biggest regret was not getting one of the beautiful mosaic wall tiles in the Morocco pavilion. I planned to go back and get one the last day of our last trip, but we ran out of time. If only I had know at the time I could get one right away and have it sent to our resort! Doh!

When we first went in 96' they had the Mickey Waffle irons. Back then they were $40. I just couldn't bring myself to spend that much for a waffle iron. 17 years later and I'm still feeling the regret. The last two times I've been there, I've looked for them, but they don't carry them any more.:sad1:

I know it's not quite the same, but you could get one on Amazon if you really want it!

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-DCM-1-...365102987&sr=8-1&keywords=mickey+waffle+maker

I'm a shopper, and I am lucky if I get to Disney once a year so I usually save quite a bit for souvenirs. Here are a few from my last trip:
IMG_0654_zps96f45e54.jpg

I started collecting this kitchen collection, so I bought a few of the pieces that I didn't have yet.

I also bought the shirt that I am wearing in this picture, and the Santa hat I bought for DH. My brothers and I all have one and we wear them while we decorate my moms tree for Christmas. DH and I have been together for 7 years and he still didn't have one so I had to buy him one!
DSCN0569_zps0f1c85f2.jpg

This is our last night at Disney - and I've been awful!! Hoodies for all 5 of us because it was chilly the first few days. Then, the kids decided they wanted to try pin trading (eek!!)...then, everyone HAD to have a cute Duffy bear! And, I still need to buy our Christmas ornaments! Bad, bad, bad.

I bought a mulitcolored mickey apron on our last trip. I wear it all the time, especially when use my mickey waffle iron while listening to Disney music. The kids say they feel like they are at the food courts!

I want pet stuff too! I asked a CM and they looked at me like I was nuts. :-(

This happened to DH and I last trip. We looked everywhere for souvenirs for our dogs (a bit crazy, I know) but nothing was to be found. Before our trip I had read that there were pet souvenirs in DD, but we looked and asked there also only to find nothing. :(

I got a bead for my Chamilla bracelet, it's such a great reminder of the trip!

Way back when I was 3 I remember wanting to get this red sword from the potc gift shop. My mom either talked me out of buying it (a quality that I hated for much of my childhood) or just wouldnt let me buy it. Maybe I had already spent all the money I had been given for the trip I dont know I was 3. I got a yellow one two years later but always wanted the red one which they didn't have after I was 3. I also have recently seen pins on ebay that I almost bought that are selling for about $30 that at most were $13 a few years ago.

I am In LOVE with the Laila perfume at the Norway pavilion. When I step I'm that store I know I am in Disney World. Every trip I say that I am going to finally buy it but for some reason I always talk myself out of it! I am determined next summer to finally buy it!

We got this on our last trip during Christmas:

Albyiphone158_zpsf466219e.jpg

My wife really wanted it and I agreed it was beautiful, so I gave in.

I wish I had purchased a Duffy bear for DD. I adored those bears and really wanted something for her since she was with us, just not born yet. I kept waffling though due to suitcase space and ultimately decided not to.

They sell Duffy's at the Disneystore now in case you still don't want to pack him into a suitcase :) Just get the outfits at the parks since they have more selection.

I want that Dumbo bucket and some Star Wars Weekends souvenirs this upcoming trip in May! And as far as regrets, I wish I had bought the WDW 40 Mickey ears hat and the Dooney&Bourke WDW 40 wristlet during our last trip a couple of years ago.

This happened to DH and I last trip. We looked everywhere for souvenirs for our dogs (a bit crazy, I know) but nothing was to be found. Before our trip I had read that there were pet souvenirs in DD, but we looked and asked there also only to find nothing. :(

I got the absolute cutest dog bowl one year. It was plastic and had all the Disney dogs on the outside of it. I washed it in the dishwasher and it got ruined. I have never found a replacement. Some day, I hope!

I got the absolute cutest dog bowl one year. It was plastic and had all the Disney dogs on the outside of it. I washed it in the dishwasher and it got ruined. I have never found a replacement. Some day, I hope!

We have the same one!!! I just love it.. Sad the pet stuff is gone. :sad:
I've never put it in the dishwasher.. And now never will (thanks for the heads up)

I found a few things which I'll post later..
But heres what I have right now ... My list keeps growing and growing!!!!

For those of you that liked the popcorn bucket
Check these out!
Sooooo getting a gaston for me and belle for Dd
And what to drink with it? how about : LeFou’s Brew!
named after Gaston’s sidekick..... It’s no-sugar added frozen apple juice with a hint of toasted marshmallow, topped with all-natural passion fruit-mango foam
gtc809172LARGE.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter