• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Southwest RR + miles from Southwest premiere card

StephandDick

Mouseketeer
I'm certain this is a dumb question but we are new to RR and the Premier card. I understand earning RR with each flight taken and purchase partners. I understand earning miles for purchases with my card. Do those miles gets converted to RR points? Or will I be purchasing tickets with miles separately from RR points?

Each flight you take on Southwest earns Rapid Rewards points based on the type of fare and the price you paid for your ticket, not on the actual miles flown. When you book your flight online it will show you how many Rapid Rewards points you will earn.

With your card, you do not earn "miles" with each purchase. You get 1 RR point/dollar spent on most purchases, with travel booked through the SW website earning $2/dollar. You can also earn points by shopping through the SW RR website portal. If I buy anything online, I either check there or Ebates to be sure I get the best reward for something I was going to buy anyway. I also signed up for e-rewards, which is a survey website that is free. In the last year, I think I have earned about 10,000 RR points just doing online surveys. I hope that helps answer you questions.

I'm certain this is a dumb question but we are new to RR and the Premier card. I understand earning RR with each flight taken and purchase partners. I understand earning miles for purchases with my card. Do those miles gets converted to RR points? Or will I be purchasing tickets with miles separately from RR points?

Your RR Credit Card points and your RR earned from travel both go into the same pool, tied to your Southwest RR account. Each month you can see the multiple ways that you earn RR points on the SW webpage. I earn points from 1) travel, 2) RR credit card and 3) from my local electricity utility company!

RR points are great! I've earned mine mostly from card bonuses. Just booked a flight down for a family member for a little under 5000 RR's. So far, the yearly fee has been recouped in a flight - they give you 6000 on your anniversary when you pay the annual fee. I was going to cancel the card but see no need to so long as it's paying for itself.

If we book 4 flights through my husband's RR account does he get the points for all 4? Or just his flight?

He o
If we book 4 flights through my husband's RR account does he get the points for all 4? Or just his flight?
he only gets the points from his flight. But he does earn 2x the dollar amount paid on his SW visa in points as well as the points earned from his own flight.

You should enroll each person in your traveling party in the RR program so that each flight flown can be credited to each person. When you book the flight enter their RR # so they get credit for the flight.

Rapid Rewards points are great - I've been converting Marriott Rewards points into RR points for years in order to get Companion Pass status (and I've been an A-List holder for years). However, starting on April 17th, the Rapid Rewards program will be undergoing a presumably massive devaluation... nobody knows the full details, since Southwest isn't publishing them, but RR points will no longer have a fixed value. I love SWA, and I fly them exclusively for business travel and personal travel when possible, but this devaluation is really stings. I had ~175,000 points in my RR account, but I cashed them all in for a few upcoming trips that we *might* take (there are six of us total, but one is on a companion pass).

So, if possible, try to book your travel before April 17 if using RR points -

ugh,another change? well, it had to be coming, it is a very popular program..... I love SWA and the CP too.... best airmiles programs out there (well they were,we shall see about the future)

If you mean booking reward flights using his points, reward flights do not earn more points, only paid flights do.
Also if you like to shop online you can enter many retail websites via the SWA shopping mall and you earn points just for shopping in addition to using your card. Each store lists how many points they give per $ spent.

We received the premier card for my DH in the mail yesterday. I went online to register it and also to apply for a second card and now the bonus is only 25,000. So, I did not have him apply for a second card. I will keep an eye out this year if they offer the 50,000 again and apply if they do. Even if we get it later in the year it would be ok as we have 2 trips planned for 2016 and only one for 2015... In the meantime, I am going to try and charge everything on the card so that we can reach $8,000. Then if we do get the second card we would only need to spend $2,000. I am trying to plan ahead now to get the companion pass if possible still.

We received the premier card for my DH in the mail yesterday. I went online to register it and also to apply for a second card and now the bonus is only 25,000.
I think you need to search for it. My email invite for the Premier expires 3/21. And others have posted that the 50k is extended.

Does anyone know how quickly the 50k goes into your RR after spending $2k on the cards?

I think you need to search for it. My email invite for the Premier expires 3/21. And others have posted that the 50k is extended.

Does anyone know how quickly the 50k goes into your RR after spending $2k on the cards?
I did search for it, but maybe I am not looking in the right place. My husband did get the email invite for the premier and thst is the card he just got. I was going to get the other personal card for him if I could.

I also missed the Southwest deal. I found a referral through a blogger that took me to Chase to apply & get the 50000 points but it said I had to apply by February 28, 2015. I wasn't sure if it's been extended but still has an expired date listed?? Does anyone know how I can find a referral that is currently active? We

We got our cards today with the 25,000 point bonus. They told us 50,000 was not available. I was happy to see a chip on the cards though! Apparently Chase is switching all cards to chip technology in 2015.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter