Southwest 2 flights free

mommy2allyandaveri

DIS Veteran
Got the offer in the mail. Has anyone done this for signing up for their card? It seems too good to be true. Any experiences?

Looks like there is a $99 annual fee. So for 4 round trip tickets we would have to pay $198 and nothing else?

That's better than the $700 our flights to DL are costing right now. Would probably spend nearly $198 in gas there and back.

I did this deal a few months ago when they offered 50,000 points. I ended up with 7 one way tickets that in the end cost me $99 annual fee and $20 for the fee that you pay when booking the trip. I think it is a $5 fee per person that you book so it was $20 for the four of us.

It was a great deal!

I got an offer about 5 months ago for roundtrip air, no fee first year(then $59) and then $500 in gift cards.... :cool1: What a great offer. Had enough points with what I had to spend to get the $500 in gift cards for another one way flight so our trip from Orlando to home in November was free! Still have the gift cards for our 2012 trip! Luv it!

we got the same/similar offer a week or so ago through email.

2 free RT tickets (only it's 50k points which could book 3+ RT tickets)
$69 annual fee

I thought it was their standard offer? It's the only one I've ever seen.

just remember it takes some time for the credit to show up. They say 6-8 weeks. Mine showed up in about 2-3 weeks...booked 2 R/T tix to SFO from Indy that were running about $330 each for when we wanted to go. Woo Hoo.

$10 each for the fees + annual fee. Much better deal!

:thumbsup2

We just did the 50,000 point one. My husband got one and I got one. So for $200 we had 100,000. We can go to disney twice this year and fly both times! It will cost us $200 for all that flying! No problem with the tickets... the points appeared as soon as the 1st payment was made.

I got this in the mail too. Explain this to me, is this a credit card offer? What do you guys mean by "points" and "annual fees"?

I did this deal in the beginning of this year when it was an offer on their website. The two free flights posted to our account after we made the first purchase and the credit card statement closed. Did not have a problem booking the two free flights. It had to be done over the phone, though.

I believe our annual fee is $59. Great deal when you have 4 flying.

I just got this offer also. It sounds like I will get points to exchange for the flights. Do these points need to be used within a certain time period? I would love free flights but have no travel plans right now.

Points don't expire - I just signed up for this deal last week. My question is - did anyone have any experience with old "credits" transferring over in the form of points? I think I have a couple of leftover flight credits. Thanks.

Points don't expire - I just signed up for this deal last week. My question is - did anyone have any experience with old "credits" transferring over in the form of points? I think I have a couple of leftover flight credits. Thanks.

yup, i do :) the old r/t flight credit system does not convert to the point system. we had old flight vouchers, which do expire, that i used for a flight this oct. btw, though it cost $50 to extend the old r/t credits once they expired, they do stay in your account a looooooooong time (i used one that had expired in 2009 - long story).
nice thing about the new point system is that they combine with your regular RR points also :woohoo:

It's a great deal! My husband and I both did it as well a few years ago. I'm not as fond of the new rewards program, so we got rid of one of the cards.

We did this but the annual fee was $59. We had no problem booking the two free RT flights

So I will get 100000 points total. How do I find out how many points is needed for a round trip ticket?

go to their website and select the airports and days you want. you will see the flights listed, with cash prices and the option to see the point cost of every flight listed.
hth

Just to make sure I understand:

Between DH and I, we get 100,000 points.

Our round trip flight to DL is 8880 points per person, total of 35520 points.

That leaves 64480 points to be used.

I can use those on future flights correct? Is there a time limit that I must use them in?

We just did this with no problems. We were able to book 3 round trips with our 50,000 points. So our total cost for the three tickets was $15 + $69 annual fee. Not a bad deal at all! It took 2 weeks for the card to come. Then you have to make your first purchase and wait for points to show up. Ours were not available until our first statement. Overall I think it was about 7 weeks from ordering the card to booking the flights.

My mom and I both applied for this card and where able to get 7 RT flights to Disneyland for $700 including the $198 annual fees and early bird check in for the flight back home.

We initially applied when they were offering 30,000 points instead of 50,000 but because of a tip from someone on here I was able to email chase and get an extra 20,000 points credited to our accounts. We plan on using those points to fly to WDW in a few years for a family reunion.

My mom and I both applied for this card and where able to get 7 RT flights to Disneyland for $700 including the $198 annual fees and early bird check in for the flight back home.

We initially applied when they were offering 30,000 points instead of 50,000 but because of a tip from someone on here I was able to email chase and get an extra 20,000 points credited to our accounts. We plan on using those points to fly to WDW in a few years for a family reunion.

Do you have the email address?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter