Southern California (& Disneyland): Backstage Magic Meets Thread

The deal (10% off) was, as far as I know, only being offered on the Fantasy, so you should be OK from that standpoint. But there have been a couple of reports that it was discontinued recently. Don't have any confirmation on that or not. When I was on the Fantasy, the ABD guide kind of said it was offered whenever they were able to have a Guide on the ship to do the bookings. I'd check with DCL to be sure.

Sayhello

Thanks! Here's hoping that I can get that extra discount! pixiedust:

Since our 1-day ABD got cancelled last month, we are now considering doing this full ABD trip. Are they still offering good deals for booking while on a cruise ship?

Just got off the Fantasy last week and there were no ABD discounts being offered at that time. :sad1:

My fiancé (will-be husband at the time) are doing BSM on Aug 4-9 as part of our Disneymoon! Our first ABD and my first time visiting Disneyland/LA. So excited!

Considering this adventure for 2014 - is the park ticket you get included valid throughout your departure day if you wanted to stay for the full day after parting ways at the final breakfast?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Considering this adventure for 2014 - is the park ticket you get included valid throughout your departure day if you wanted to stay for the full day after parting ways at the final breakfast?

It was as of last year when we were on the trip.

Thanks, that's good news! Thinking of adding an extra day on too (probably separate from the package) to do Universal for a day too...

Thanks, that's good news! Thinking of adding an extra day on too (probably separate from the package) to do Universal for a day too...

Sounds like fun. You could stay in Hollywood/Universal City/Burbank area that last night since it's closer to Universal. Unless you're flying out of SNA, that's what I'd recommend.

ETA: Just realized you're in England. We'll be doing the ABD Scotland tour next month, stopping in London first because my daughter is the world's biggest anglophile. (Gets it from her mom!)

Keeping my fingers crossed that there will be space for us to go on the DIS Podcast BSM for July 6-11, 2014. I just signed up tonight through the link Kevin from DU sent out. This will be a great way to celebrate my DD's 16th birthday. :cake: Maybe it will become a tradition, since this year her birthday also happens to be during our Ireland ABD. ;)

Sounds like fun. You could stay in Hollywood/Universal City/Burbank area that last night since it's closer to Universal. Unless you're flying out of SNA, that's what I'd recommend.

ETA: Just realized you're in England. We'll be doing the ABD Scotland tour next month, stopping in London first because my daughter is the world's biggest anglophile. (Gets it from her mom!)

Yes, I think Universal City might be a good idea, as we're thinking maybe October so we could also do Halloween Horror Nights there (need to decide quite quickly now the DIS dates are out, although Oct isn't one of these!)

I'm the equivalent of you two being Anglophiles, but for the USA, although I'm not sure what the term is for that!!

A couple more questions :)

If we're already in LA, we can meet the group at the hotel on day 1?

On departure day I think the FAQ/Tips info indicates the last leaving time for transport to LAX is 4pm. But it also says flights should not be scheduled after 7pm as it can take 1 hour to transfer to LAX. Very confused by this bit!! Can anyone help?

Super excited....booked my first ABD trip today....booked the June 8-13, 2014 Adult exclusive Backstage Magic!!!!! I booked a pre-night stay in Hollywood along with my Adventure....can't wait...only 374 days away!!!!!

A couple more questions :)

If we're already in LA, we can meet the group at the hotel on day 1?

On departure day I think the FAQ/Tips info indicates the last leaving time for transport to LAX is 4pm. But it also says flights should not be scheduled after 7pm as it can take 1 hour to transfer to LAX. Very confused by this bit!! Can anyone help?

I think what they mean is the last transfer leaves at 4 and, if it takes an hour to get to LAX, that would leave you "only" two hours to check in, get through security, etc., for a 7 pm flight. It's suggested that you get to the airport 2 hours before international flights.

And, yes, you can just show up at the hotel on day 1. We did that in Germany and plan to do so for Scotland.

We too are booked on the June 8th, 2014, Adults Only Backstage Magic! So excited!

I booked it on my cruise last week but still have not received an email confirmation yet. I have my confirmation number and they've taken the deposit off my credit card, but still no email. I called and they said they were so swamped with new bookings that they were running behind, but it's been a week already :(

Very jealous of all those of you getting booked, we were after Oct 14 but no dates have been available. There's a possibility we could afford to go next July or August, but really need to wait and see what the flight prices are like when they're released as I imagine they could be crazy in the school holidays. Plus I guess it will be HOT!

We too are booked on the June 8th, 2014, Adults Only Backstage Magic! So excited!

I booked it on my cruise last week but still have not received an email confirmation yet. I have my confirmation number and they've taken the deposit off my credit card, but still no email. I called and they said they were so swamped with new bookings that they were running behind, but it's been a week already :(

woo hoo!!!! can't wait to meet you!!!! Only 373 more days!!!!!

That's weird about not getting your confirmation. I booked yesterday afternoon with my travel agent and got my confirmation from ABD this morning. Since they have already charged your credit card, I'm sure everything is okay but you might want to check back with them to make sure they have your email address correct.

I called them back today and they said they mailed my confirmation. Ok, that's fine! LOL. So happy to know of someone else on the trip, I can't wait. We had previously booked the one day tour in September but they cancelled it on us before we left. So excited to be able to do the full ABD this time! :)

I called them back today and they said they mailed my confirmation. Ok, that's fine! LOL. So happy to know of someone else on the trip, I can't wait. We had previously booked the one day tour in September but they cancelled it on us before we left. So excited to be able to do the full ABD this time! :)

Glad to hear your confirmation is in the mail.

I was surprised when I heard that they cancelled the one-day ABD because it was AMAZING. We took it in April 2012 before we went on the Disney cruise to Hawaii and we loved it. It was a jam packed day and it was nice because there were only like 15 people on the trip including some people from our cruise. It was nice to get to know them before we boarded the Disney Wonder.

I have wanted to take this ABD for some time but after taking the one-day ABD, I KNEW I had to take it. I am so excited that it is finally booked. Are you arriving the day of the adventure or are you flying in before? I am flying in the day before so that hopefully I will be adjusted to the time change on Day 1.

I'm not sure yet if we will come in the day before but probably not as we plan to stay on a few days at the end to spend more time at the parks and take a day trip to San Diego. I got the packet in the mail this weekend so that made me feel better. :)

I booked the October 13, 2013 BSM tour a few months ago. Don't know if anyone else here is in that tour?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter