Soulmates plan our committment ceremony!

hehe to add to the gel idea... you can get the table scatter crystals....if you look around you can get them for very cheap! you could put them in the jars / or baskets with the fruit?

Like Fall/ Winter you get frost/snow...so the crystals or the gel could be like the symbol of frost or winter on the fruits? Just throw the crystals all over the fruit! :wizard:

I'm SOOO looking into that. We have MICHAELS here, its' a craft store chain, HUGE, they have everything...so I'm heading there to check it out!! :thumbsup2

I'm caught up....love the plans!

I really wanted a fall wedding....but since many of our guests have gone back to school (including us) it wouldn't work for a destination wedding. I LOVE the dress! It is so pretty, and perfect for fall! The home you rented out is very gorgeous, and such a steal! It will look amazing!!! My bday is July too....I love the idea of having a ruby band (but red is so not my colour, so I think I am going to get pink :rotfl:)

I'm caught up....love the plans!

I really wanted a fall wedding....but since many of our guests have gone back to school (including us) it wouldn't work for a destination wedding. I LOVE the dress! It is so pretty, and perfect for fall! The home you rented out is very gorgeous, and such a steal! It will look amazing!!! My bday is July too....I love the idea of having a ruby band (but red is so not my colour, so I think I am going to get pink :rotfl:)

Thank you SO much. I'm fortunate in that none of us are in school. We are , um, the 40 and over crowd ! ;) So I'm THRILLED to be having a fall ceremony. Fall is my absolute fav time of year. Also, my son will be home from Afghanastan by then, I could never do this without all my children present. :grouphug:

Funny, as a child growing up, I HATED my birthstone, but now, as an adult, I LOVE it. It really thrills me that we'll have matching bands.

i wish wish wish we had a Michaels over here in the UK! We have small craft stores like Hobbycraft-but its not so good as michaels. You do get the odd wedding shop like confetti but they charge a fortune for things!

hehe to add to the gel idea... you can get the table scatter crystals....if you look around you can get them for very cheap! you could put them in the jars / or baskets with the fruit?

Like Fall/ Winter you get frost/snow...so the crystals or the gel could be like the symbol of frost or winter on the fruits? Just throw the crystals all over the fruit! :wizard:

Someone has a thing for table crystals....!! :rolleyes1 :lmao:

Everything is looking great Soulmates! :thumbsup2

Bob xoxoxox

Bob xoxoxox

Hahaha its only because i cant have them at mine... crystals wont really go with the Attic look so i can at least force* you and Chris to get crystals for your weddings so i can admire them! :lovestruc hehehe :rotfl:

*in a nice way of course hehehe!

Bob xoxoxox

Thanks, I'm sooo enjoying planning it all! :)

Hahaha its only because i cant have them at mine... crystals wont really go with the Attic look so i can at least force* you and Chris to get crystals for your weddings so i can admire them! :lovestruc hehehe :rotfl:

*in a nice way of course hehehe!

But yours will be AMAZING, even without crystals!! :yay: The Attic, ohhh la la! :love:

Thanks, I'm sooo enjoying planning it all! :)

But yours will be AMAZING, even without crystals!! :yay: The Attic, ohhh la la! :love:

Its strange, we loved the Living Seas venue at first, but it costs more and that meant we had to have Disney photos, but then it went to the Whitehall- which i loved because it had the outside area and it was a room you couldnt really go wrong with, but you had to decorate it a lot to get a particular style ... and then the Attic seemed our best choice- (we didnt go and site visit it either) At first i fell in love, then i fell out of love and now in back in love with it- im just hoping our guests dont find it too wierd- i mean, the whole granny house look is not the norm for a wedding reception- but i have grown to like it because of the character and the view from the place.

Im just hoping our guests will like it! haha! it will either be a hit or a miss!

Its strange, we loved the Living Seas venue at first, but it costs more and that meant we had to have Disney photos, but then it went to the Whitehall- which i loved because it had the outside area and it was a room you couldnt really go wrong with, but you had to decorate it a lot to get a particular style ... and then the Attic seemed our best choice- (we didnt go and site visit it either) At first i fell in love, then i fell out of love and now in back in love with it- im just hoping our guests dont find it too wierd- i mean, the whole granny house look is not the norm for a wedding reception- but i have grown to like it because of the character and the view from the place.

Im just hoping our guests will like it! haha! it will either be a hit or a miss!

Ohhhh, trust me, they'll LOVE it. EVERY picture I've seen of wedding receptions, I LOVED them all. Wonderful place. It will be lovely, I'm sure!

Now I'm bouncing back & forth on the flower idea...while I LOVE the echo friendly vases w/ fruit, it's alot of extra work the day of the ceremony. We'd have to transport all the vases, and then put them together that day. :scared: As it is, we have alot to do that day. IF I go with the quote from the florist, which is reasonable, that's less I have to do, PLUS they deliver to us. All we'd have to do it put the centerpieces on the tables and hang some garland on the fireplace. Is the extra $200 that I would have saved doing them myself worth it? Not sure. I'll get to the house, at 2pm and the ceremony starts at 3:30.:sad2: Just thinking it's too much to do and we have so much already on our plates...still on the fence. Oye vey!:confused3

Now I'm bouncing back & forth on the flower idea...while I LOVE the echo friendly vases w/ fruit, it's alot of extra work the day of the ceremony. We'd have to transport all the vases, and then put them together that day. :scared: As it is, we have alot to do that day. IF I go with the quote from the florist, which is reasonable, that's less I have to do, PLUS they deliver to us. All we'd have to do it put the centerpieces on the tables and hang some garland on the fireplace. Is the extra $200 that I would have saved doing them myself worth it? Not sure. I'll get to the house, at 2pm and the ceremony starts at 3:30.:sad2: Just thinking it's too much to do and we have so much already on our plates...still on the fence. Oye vey!:confused3

Is there anyone else who would be willing to help you out? I also love the eco-friendly option...I wanted to have a "green" wedding, but I figured I gave that up by going to disney (having people drive an hour to an airport, than to another country isn't very sustainable :rotfl:)

However, if the price is right with the flowers, and you think it will save you a headache, maybe it will be worth it?

When I was planning my fake fall wedding (since I don't actually get one :rotfl:) I was thinking I would use those pre-made centerpieces at Michaels.

mich.jpg

Not sure if it is your style, but I love it!! Just thought I would throw more options out there for you!!!

Is there anyone else who would be willing to help you out? I also love the eco-friendly option...I wanted to have a "green" wedding, but I figured I gave that up by going to disney (having people drive an hour to an airport, than to another country isn't very sustainable :rotfl:)

However, if the price is right with the flowers, and you think it will save you a headache, maybe it will be worth it?

When I was planning my fake fall wedding (since I don't actually get one :rotfl:) I was thinking I would use those pre-made centerpieces at Michaels.

mich.jpg

Not sure if it is your style, but I love it!! Just thought I would throw more options out there for you!!!

I've seen those pumpkins, I personally LOVED it, but the DP did not. Her ONLY request, was to not fall into the "Country Wedding Look" and I have to respect that. She wanted to keep it elegant...that said, I think having flowers at each table would work out. We will have several people (Family) helping, but we have alot to to. We have 1.5 hrs to get 8 tables ready, set up 50 chairs for the ceremony, hang garland, set up the Candy Buffet, do the present & cake tables, set up the place setting table, AND get ready ourselves!! :scared1: I'm hoping to have my hair done early that day, so I can get to the house and just hit it full force...leaving me 40 minutes to get ready, calm down and have a glass of wine! ;) Oye vey stressing already and its' less than a year!! :lmao: I need to get over it! ;)

Hmmm... this is a good point. I dont know what i'd do. If its only 200$ i might go for the flowers. Then again i'm a control freak and would want to make sure everything was how i wanted it and might do the fruit/vase/crystals on my own. hahaha

hmmm...

if i was there - i'd help out!!

The last thing you need to be doing on your wedding day is running around doing everything and setting up- you both need to be relaxing and having fun. Its great that family will be helping out, at least you will be able to get it done quicker!

You must choose what the easiest and cheapest way is :confused3

Hello!

Since we are wedding twins (yeah for 10/10/10 brides!) and both doing a Fall theme I had to chime in! :goodvibes

We are doing the edible centerpieces. We are actually having our ceremony at 10:30 in the morning and then having a brunch reception (cause honestly, breakfast is our favorite meal of the day! :thumbsup2). The base color is going to be chocolate brown, and then those beautiful fall colors are going to be our accents. I have the base idea of what we are going to do, we are going to have glass jars on the tables and fill them with green apples. Then I want to have a few votives spread out around them. This is the part I can't decide on, I'm either going to get some ribbon in a burnt orange or so to wrap around the jar a few times and have the table number affixed on that, or after the apples are in the jars I am going to fill in the empty spots in the jar with coffee beans (I thought that might be nice since we are having brunch). I'm thinking if we do the coffee idea then we will have the nice aroma, and the boquets and all will really pop next to them on the tables. I just can't decide! :confused3 But we are going to save money by doing these ourselves, and a day before the wedding so they can just be delivered to the venue.

I love the readings that you picked for your children, very sweet, and they seem to have a meaning for each child which makes it even more special. :grouphug:

I love your song also. That is not anything that I ever would have thought of, but reading the lyrics, its beautiful. Right now we are most likely going to be using Your Song by Elton John. :love:

It's a little bit funny this feeling inside
I'm not one of those who can easily hide
I don't have much money but boy if I did
I'd buy a big house where we both could live.

If I was a sculptor, but then again, no
Or a man who makes potions in a travelling show
I know it's not much but it's the best I can do
My gift is my song and this one's for you.

And you can tell everybody this is your song
It may be quite simple but now that it's done
I hope you don't mind
I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you're in the world.

I sat on the roof and kicked off the moss
Well a few of the verses well they've got me quite cross
But the sun's been quite kind while I wrote this song
It's for people like you that keep it turned on.

So excuse me forgetting but these things I do
You see I've forgotten if they're green or they're blue
Anyway the thing is what I really mean
Yours are the sweetest eyes I've ever seen.

I'm sure once you have everything figured out it will be beautiful!

hmmm...

if i was there - i'd help out!!

The last thing you need to be doing on your wedding day is running around doing everything and setting up- you both need to be relaxing and having fun. Its great that family will be helping out, at least you will be able to get it done quicker!

You must choose what the easiest and cheapest way is :confused3

How sweet, I'm sure you would! :hug:

Hmmm... this is a good point. I dont know what i'd do. If its only 200$ i might go for the flowers. Then again i'm a control freak and would want to make sure everything was how i wanted it and might do the fruit/vase/crystals on my own. hahaha

I know, and trust me, I TOO am a control freak, but looking at the TIGHT time frame we're under, I'm leaning towards letting the florist do it all.:)

Hello!

Since we are wedding twins (yeah for 10/10/10 brides!) and both doing a Fall theme I had to chime in! :goodvibes

We are doing the edible centerpieces. We are actually having our ceremony at 10:30 in the morning and then having a brunch reception (cause honestly, breakfast is our favorite meal of the day! :thumbsup2). The base color is going to be chocolate brown, and then those beautiful fall colors are going to be our accents. I have the base idea of what we are going to do, we are going to have glass jars on the tables and fill them with green apples. Then I want to have a few votives spread out around them. This is the part I can't decide on, I'm either going to get some ribbon in a burnt orange or so to wrap around the jar a few times and have the table number affixed on that, or after the apples are in the jars I am going to fill in the empty spots in the jar with coffee beans (I thought that might be nice since we are having brunch). I'm thinking if we do the coffee idea then we will have the nice aroma, and the boquets and all will really pop next to them on the tables. I just can't decide! :confused3 But we are going to save money by doing these ourselves, and a day before the wedding so they can just be delivered to the venue.

I love the readings that you picked for your children, very sweet, and they seem to have a meaning for each child which makes it even more special. :grouphug:

I love your song also. That is not anything that I ever would have thought of, but reading the lyrics, its beautiful. Right now we are most likely going to be using Your Song by Elton John. :love:

It's a little bit funny this feeling inside
I'm not one of those who can easily hide
I don't have much money but boy if I did
I'd buy a big house where we both could live.

If I was a sculptor, but then again, no
Or a man who makes potions in a travelling show
I know it's not much but it's the best I can do
My gift is my song and this one's for you.

And you can tell everybody this is your song
It may be quite simple but now that it's done
I hope you don't mind
I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you're in the world.

I sat on the roof and kicked off the moss
Well a few of the verses well they've got me quite cross
But the sun's been quite kind while I wrote this song
It's for people like you that keep it turned on.

So excuse me forgetting but these things I do
You see I've forgotten if they're green or they're blue
Anyway the thing is what I really mean
Yours are the sweetest eyes I've ever seen.

I'm sure once you have everything figured out it will be beautiful!

Sarah, CONGRATS! Yeah for 10/10/10!! Love your ideas, I wish DP would go for some of them. I can't wait to see pics! I LOVE that song, always have, its' SO romantic! :love:

Oh I didn't know you started a PJ!! It's hiding on the COMPLETED trip reports page:goodvibes

I'm loving everything. Oh The Places You'll Go is one of my favorites! A good friend gave me that book for high school graduation and I still have it!

Yeah, I'm hiding (such a dork!) I loved the poem too and it just fits us perfect. :thumbsup2

Can this be TRUE?? I found a DJ online, in my area. Says he has 12 years experience and I spoke w/ him about a good 30 min. Was very impressed. He quoted us, 4 hrs, 2 cordless microphones to use, lighting for the dancing, he'll do requests, ALL the special songs we want, he has...and, drum roll please....

$400!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo::yay::yay::woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter