Soulmates plan our committment ceremony!

My thoughts EXACTLY!!! He really impressed me on the phone. He emailed me the forms to fill out, what songs we want and when, all that stuff. He really seems very nice and professional. We REALLY wanted a DJ but didn't think we could afford one...but at THIS price, I'd be crazy to pass this by! Guessing we'll get the $100 deposit to him soon and sign a contract! He also does video too, I"m asking him IF we do video also, does he give a package deal?? Who knows! ;)

yeah why not ask!?

It sounds great, and if you can find a way to squeeze it in, it will be worth it!

yeah why not ask!?

It sounds great, and if you can find a way to squeeze it in, it will be worth it!

I just got a response from him saying they can do it, but no quote. So I replied back asking for a quote and reminding him, our ceremony is going to be very short...no attendants, no walking in parents and so on. Just 3 readings and our vows. Hopefully they can cut us a deal!! :yay:

I just got a response from him saying they can do it, but no quote. So I replied back asking for a quote and reminding him, our ceremony is going to be very short...no attendants, no walking in parents and so on. Just 3 readings and our vows. Hopefully they can cut us a deal!! :yay:

Never hurts to ask about a deal...! We've saved a LOT just through asking. If you just say: "Is that your best price?" they'll drop it a bit mostly just because you asked! Thats certainly been the case with us! :thumbsup2

Bob xoxoox

Never hurts to ask about a deal...! We've saved a LOT just through asking. If you just say: "Is that your best price?" they'll drop it a bit mostly just because you asked! Thats certainly been the case with us! :thumbsup2

Bob xoxoox

Good tip! I'm HORRIBLE at stuff like this. Christy is the one who does all our car shopping and big purchases. I'm a big pushover. But I think I can handle, "Is this your best price!" ;)

Oh WOW! thats a good deal on the DJ! Good job hun!

Thanks Katie, I'm thrilled!!:)

hah thats the only problem with a Disney wedding- you cant really haggle the price down! And trust me- we've tried! When we thought that the price of things seem to steep we have always questioned them and said that we really want it, but cannot afford it, and Disney just dont do haggles! haha i cant imagine emailing our planner and saying The Cinderellas Carriage...is this your best price??'....

Has the guy got back with the quotes yet?

My thoughts EXACTLY!!! He really impressed me on the phone. He emailed me the forms to fill out, what songs we want and when, all that stuff. He really seems very nice and professional. We REALLY wanted a DJ but didn't think we could afford one...but at THIS price, I'd be crazy to pass this by! Guessing we'll get the $100 deposit to him soon and sign a contract! He also does video too, I"m asking him IF we do video also, does he give a package deal?? Who knows! ;)

Sorry, just got caught up now. Love the house, said that in a previous post, reading are beautiful, kids will add their own personalities to the readings, which shall be interesting:thumbsup2. I would stick with the flowers, you both will have enough on your plates that day and even though the fruit in jars sounds very nice and easy, in the long run, you will need to add that to your 'to do list', which is probably long enough. LOL :scared1:
I like your invitations, very elegant and has the fall color theme.

The DJ is very reasonable but remember to get references, it never hurts to inquire and may save you from any heartache later. Remember to do your homework, espeically if it sounds like a great deal. Just a thought. I look forwarding to reading more about your planning. Good Luck!!:banana:

Sorry, just got caught up now. Love the house, said that in a previous post, reading are beautiful, kids will add their own personalities to the readings, which shall be interesting:thumbsup2. I would stick with the flowers, you both will have enough on your plates that day and even though the fruit in jars sounds very nice and easy, in the long run, you will need to add that to your 'to do list', which is probably long enough. LOL :scared1:
I like your invitations, very elegant and has the fall color theme.

The DJ is very reasonable but remember to get references, it never hurts to inquire and may save you from any heartache later. Remember to do your homework, espeically if it sounds like a great deal. Just a thought. I look forwarding to reading more about your planning. Good Luck!!:banana:

Thanks. Your right, we WILL have much to do, and to me, it was SO worth it to have the florist do it all. :) My friend designed the STD's, invites and will do our thank you's as well. She's awesome! The DJ is sending us a DVD with his video & DJ work. We'll get to see some of the weddings & events he's done. I looked at his online reviews and they were all positive, so that's a good thing. The real test will be seeing his work. ;)

Thanks again for the kind words!

Chris

hah thats the only problem with a Disney wedding- you cant really haggle the price down! And trust me- we've tried! When we thought that the price of things seem to steep we have always questioned them and said that we really want it, but cannot afford it, and Disney just dont do haggles! haha i cant imagine emailing our planner and saying The Cinderellas Carriage...is this your best price??'....

Has the guy got back with the quotes yet?

I think your right, when it comes to Disney, those prices are in STONE sister!! :eek: However, out in the none-disney world, it's dog eat dog and these vendors are struggling. They all are competing for our business, so I'm gonna try it. I know with the caterer, that's what we did. We TOLD him, we can ONLY afford $25 per head, and we want.....and guess what?? He said yes!! With Disney, they KNOW their going to be doing wedding after wedding after wedding. It's a money making machine down there! :banana: We're SOOO in the wrong business!!;)

I think your right, when it comes to Disney, those prices are in STONE sister!! :eek: However, out in the none-disney world, it's dog eat dog and these vendors are struggling. They all are competing for our business, so I'm gonna try it. I know with the caterer, that's what we did. We TOLD him, we can ONLY afford $25 per head, and we want.....and guess what?? He said yes!! With Disney, they KNOW their going to be doing wedding after wedding after wedding. It's a money making machine down there! :banana: We're SOOO in the wrong business!!;)

I know, it makes you wonder just how much money they make. I wish i could even haggle with the photographer- we want a 10 hour package, which sets us back to $2,700 with the special 'disney bride' discount... you cant haggle these photographers down. Grrrrrr!!

I already told you this in the emails but $25 per head is amazing, and for the amount of food! :scared1: Its sooo good!

Did you hear back from the video guy?

I know, it makes you wonder just how much money they make. I wish i could even haggle with the photographer- we want a 10 hour package, which sets us back to $2,700 with the special 'disney bride' discount... you cant haggle these photographers down. Grrrrrr!!

I already told you this in the emails but $25 per head is amazing, and for the amount of food! :scared1: Its sooo good!

Did you hear back from the video guy?

We got his DVD in the mail yesterday, but we had to drive 3 hrs to & from the car dealership. Christy bought a new suv and I had to sign off on our old one. By the time we got home, it was 8, I was exhausted. We'll watch tonight. Then after I see his work, I'm going to email and see what kind of package he can put together. Truth is, his price for videoing our ceremony, is the SAME price as the other guy gave me and he told me THAT was a great deal. I'm thinking, if I can have the same company DJ & Video, I'd rather do that, keep it simple. I'll keep you posted. ;)

Did you get the chance to see the dvd? :goodvibes

watched last night, VERY impressed. His price, for DJ & Videoing, along w/ 3 DVDs, ceremony & reception, we pick out all the music for the DVD, wireless lapel mics, and 2 cordless mics for toasting, is $1000. I think that's a great deal. What do you think? I've seen MANY sites that the DJ'ing starts around $850!! The DVD was really good stuff. We saw a few weddings, and they were all different styles. I think I hit the jackpot, again!!:banana:

Hi Chris - just caught up on your PJ - it's great reading :cool1:

I have to say, the cake is incredible (so sophisticated!) and the dress is simply...wow! You will look gorgeous :lovestruc

That sounds like a great plan for the DJ slash video guy - let's hope his work is as good as it sounds! We weren't going to have videography but at the last minute changed our minds - I'm so glad we did, although we had to pay Disney prices :laughing:

Your song choice and readings are perfect too - so appropriate - I love when couples make their ceremonies special to them. I also totally understand not wanting to have the same old first dance choices - we were the same.

I'm looking forward to reading more :thumbsup2

Hi Chris - just caught up on your PJ - it's great reading :cool1:

I have to say, the cake is incredible (so sophisticated!) and the dress is simply...wow! You will look gorgeous :lovestruc

That sounds like a great plan for the DJ slash video guy - let's hope his work is as good as it sounds! We weren't going to have videography but at the last minute changed our minds - I'm so glad we did, although we had to pay Disney prices :laughing:

Your song choice and readings are perfect too - so appropriate - I love when couples make their ceremonies special to them. I also totally understand not wanting to have the same old first dance choices - we were the same.

I'm looking forward to reading more :thumbsup2

Jen, thanks SO much. I'm on :cloud9: seems everything we want, we're getting at such great prices. Hoping everything goes as smooth in person, as it has on paper! ;)

Jen, thanks SO much. I'm on :cloud9: seems everything we want, we're getting at such great prices. Hoping everything goes as smooth in person, as it has on paper! ;)

Well, I strongly believe in karma, and you and your DP seem like wonderful people so you must deserve for things to go right :thumbsup2

Everything went so smoothly for our wedding (apart from parents on his side ;)) so I wish the same for your ceremony!

Well, I strongly believe in karma, and you and your DP seem like wonderful people so you must deserve for things to go right :thumbsup2

Everything went so smoothly for our wedding (apart from parents on his side ;)) so I wish the same for your ceremony!

I am SO loving all you British Birds..did I say it right? ;) I too belive in Karma and the past 5 years, we've really really been sowing some great seeds, and now, I feel its' coming back to us. Even though 5 years ago, neither of us knew eachother, we were both in places where we started giving instead of taking.

I am SO glad all went smooth for the both of you. Weddings are a time of love & celebration, therefor, very special! :love:

Yep, British birds is right, lol! Or sometimes we're chicks :rotfl:

Totally agree with all your sentiments :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter