Sorry kids! We're going to the DARK SIDE!

I realized I needed to pack laundry soap, cleaning stuff, etc.. so I got that done last night.

The kids' DSs are charged and their chargers are packed.

There are a few dishes in the sink that I'm going to make DH wash while I am gone.

Now, Buds still sleeps in a crib because, if he isn't contained, he won't slow down enough to actually fall asleep. I'm debating on whether or not we should bring the pack & play or not.. I'm leaning towards not. I figure the hotels will have them if we need them but this might be a good time to get him used to sleeping in a regular bed. Maybe I should pack a clean crib sheet just in case though..

I remembered that we needed to pack COFFEE and so I ground an entire bag for our trip.. one handful at a time with our little coffee grinder. Packed sugar to go along with it. And filters. Coffee is a necessity.

Making Hubs get down the cooler and I can load it up when I get home. Who puts a cooler on the TOP SHELF in the garage??

Really wish I could get out of work early today.. I alternate from being excited to panicked! You would think that, after MONTHS of planning that I'd be better prepared!

Oh! I need to change the litter box! Better go do that now..

Safe travels, mrsabott & family :) . It has been a real treat to read your posts as the weeks have counted down. Your excitement is evident, and so refreshing and fun. We should all approach our vacations with the kind of enthusiasm you have shown :thumbsup2 .

I hope your entire family has an incredible time. Can't wait to hear all about your adventures after you return. :goodvibes

Safe travels! I actually like that panic before I leave. Whatever you forgot, Orlando is not a foreign, desert place. Anything missing can usually be bought there.

I too work the day I leave later in the day. Nervous energy is good!

So happy the day is here! Enjoy the Florida sun! :beach:

Take one last deep breath, everyone is right, who cares about the mess when you get home...

And then...

WOO HOO!

Have a fabulous time, safe drive, and keep us posted. (Really glad to hear that you did get the coffee taken care of; that would kill me too!)

Just joining in to your report! Loved reading everything up to this point, and will be excited to hear about your experiences and see any pics when you return! Have a GREAT time!!

Thought I would give a little trip update as I sit here in rush hour traffic, on our way back to the hotel. Our trip here was fairly uneventful. We actually got on the road ON TIME, which was a miracle. Kids loved their goody bags I made for them. We stopped at a Cracker Barrel for dinner which took longer then anticipated. Boo and I played checkers and she's not bad! :) Hubs drove most of the way. It was dark and we didn't get to enjoy much of the scenery but Hubs was surprised by how curvy and hilly the roads were. Of course, we WERE in the mountains.. At some point we got a little goofy and we now have an on going joke re: love a la mode.. Don't ask because I'm pretty sure we are the only ones to get it. ;) The girls eventually fell asleep but Buds.. It was like he was wired for sound. We arrived at our hotel at 1am and he was bouncing off the walls! Speaking of our hotel, we're staying at a Country Inn & Suites that I got via Hotwire. Nice chain. Very clean, great breakfast. The only issue is that they put us in an economy king suite when I clearly checked a double. Hotwire told them that we wanted a king. The girl was super sweet an tried to find a different room but they were booked. Some sort of convention or something in the area. We got a portable crib for Buds and the kids had their pillows and blankets and stuff so they camped out on the floor. We were so exhausted, no one cared. So, today we got up, ate breakfast, and went to Penske Racing and the Nascar Hall if Fame. Hubs is a huge race fan. Huge. Not so much nascar, but he loves racing history and stuff. Now, I admit that I was kin of dreading it because I figured it would be boring, especially for the kids. But it was really cool! Lots of interactive stuff to keep the kids busy. Things we have noticed about North Carolina.. Everyone we talk to has been very friendly and helpful. You don't find that everywhere, believe me! Also, it is very clean. You don't see much litter on the sides of the road. Things are attractively landscaped, and buildings (even shopping centers) look NICE! Hubs and I both agree that it wouldn't be a bad place to live. We had lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings.. Food was good but they got my black bean burger wrong an the poor waitress forgot my toppings for it twice. There is a melting pot right next door to our hotel. We've always wanted to go to one, so we might eat dinner there tonight. We took it as fate that one was right there! :) So, dinner and then a swim in the hotel pool tonight. Tomorrow we will drive on to Orlando! :) I'll try to upload pics at some point but probably not til we get home.

Happy it's going well for you! And glad the kids (and you) took the sleeping situation in stride. Thanks for posting the update, have thought of you today.

Note to self: NEVER AGAIN TAKE OUR KIDS TO THE MELTING POT. NEVER EVER.

P.S. Taking kids swimming before bedtime does NOT make them more tired. It does make the parents exhausted though.

Sorry to hear the evening, day was not that restful. I guess I won't ask about the Melting Pot. Only my DD has been to one, and I have yet to. Hmmm.

Hope the rest of your vacation is smooth sailing. :)

Have a great night!

You are cracking me up, guess I should have said melting pot + kids = guaranteed meltdown! Rest well, tomorrow will be better!

We are a rowdy bunch, not to mention accident prone, and the Melting Pot is a nice restaurant. Let's just say it was fortunate we didn't manage to catch anything on fire and the staff breathed a collective sigh of relief when we walked out the door. :)

Food was good, albeit expensive, and our server rocked! Kids had a blast with it though. And a couple mojitos helped mom just roll with it!

Last night the kids literally crashed! One second they were bouncing off the walls and the next they were all snoring! Lol!

We are having fun though! On our way to Florida now! :)

I've loved reading your thread and I'm feeling the excimer for you guys as you head to Orlando......you will have the best time ever and can't wait to hear how you've all enjoyed the parks have lots of fun x

We are a rowdy bunch, not to mention accident prone, and the Melting Pot is a nice restaurant. Let's just say it was fortunate we didn't manage to catch anything on fire and the staff breathed a collective sigh of relief when we walked out the door. :)

Food was good, albeit expensive, and our server rocked! Kids had a blast with it though. And a couple mojitos helped mom just roll with it!

Last night the kids literally crashed! One second they were bouncing off the walls and the next they were all snoring! Lol!

We are having fun though! On our way to Florida now! :)

I have been to the Melting Pot here in KC, but not with children in tow! Yes, delicious, but yes, expensive! What a trooper you are!

Enjoying your updates! Thanks for keeping us posted!

ROTFL. Sounds like my brood when we go to a restaurant. We always give "the talk" before we walk into restaurants. It doesn't always work! I am glad you are having a great time. Looking forward to your review.

So, the drive here was long. We opted for subway for lunch, thinking it would be a quick stop and we could get back on the road. It was busy and 30 minutes quickly turned into an hour. We also had to make quite a few bathroom stops and we arrived a good two hours later then we thought we would.

Bahama Bay is a very pretty resort. It looks more like an apartment complex. I guess that is kind of what it is in a way. Check in was quick and easy. Our place is on the bottom floor. 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. We are close to the pools and the splash park but we haven't had a chance to go yet.

After checking in, we unloaded our stuff and unpacked. I snapped a few pics on my iPad. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to post them on here from my iPad, which I am using right now. I may have to go back and add pics later. Sorry!

We were famished, so we went to Chuy's Mexican restaurant for dinner. I love that place and it has been a year since I last ate there. He environment there is so awesome.. It makes hubs uncomfortable because it is too chaotic and doesn't match.. But he fact that it doesn't match is what makes it work.. Just goes to show how two opposites can attract! Hubs likes things monochromatic and orderly and I like a little chaos! The kids all love Chuy's and it is definitely more our speed.. Punky said that this was the best vacation we've ever had. And it has barely started! :)

After a quick stop for milk, creamer, and a toothbrush, we are back at the resort. Kids are all asleep. Tried to get Buds to sleep in a bed but he wouldn't do it. Set up the portable crib and he was trying to climb in. Whatever makes him comfy enough to sleep works for me!

It's late but I am a little wound up! Harry potter is on tv and we are going there tomorrow!!! Got to set my alarm though.. Don't want to oversleep!

Glad to hear you made it to your resort. Hope the rain moved out for your stay. We have had rain and more rain.

Restaurant sounded like good food. We like Mexican, so that one may be on our list of maybe try.

Have a great day in the parks!

I am officially a Universal Studios fan! We didn't even get all the way around!! So much to see and do, I wish we could spent two weeks straight just take our time soaking it all in!

Yay!!!! Oh you're having such a great time!! I am even more excited now for my upcoming trip!!!!

We are watching HP too!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter