Sorry kids! We're going to the DARK SIDE!

We are under one week! I can't believe it! :)

Plumber isn't coming until Tuesday to install our dishwasher, sink, etc.. So, this weekend will be devoted to cleaning the house and catching up on laundry. I need to stop by Kroger to pick up a couple of things, but other then that, our shopping is done. We have plenty of snacks and food for our trip. Out tickets are supposed to arrive by mail today. Part of my family has gotten back with me and we have plans made with them. Still need to solidify plans with my other family there..

So, yeah.. Cleaning, laundry, packing, and a few minor details are all that is left to do before we leave! :)

We got our tickets in the mail. Actually, they are confirmation numbers that we give to the will call area or something. But, we have tickets waiting for us! We were also given a couple of t-shirts to wear that say Wounded Warriors Family Support and some plastic band bracelets. We are going to write our phone number on the inside of them and have the kids wear them.. In case they get lost. They included some brochures. The biggest surprises were the gift cards. We were given $75 for Texas Roadhouse and $1500 in Visa gift cards to help cover our travel expenses and things. Yes, that is the right number. I was speechless. We were already so blessed by this organization... I never expected this additional blessing!

I know you aren't going to Disney, however I love the pixie dust that came your way. 1500 dollars in gift cards goes a long way to adding much fun and maybe decreasing some stress.

I know you aren't going to Disney, however I love the pixie dust that came your way. 1500 dollars in gift cards goes a long way to adding much fun and maybe decreasing some stress.

Yes, it was an amazing shock! I was all teary and emotional yesterday. We have been blessed by family, friends, and strangers with this trip. Having this to plan and look forward to has helped us through some stressful times. We are just so overwhelmed by the generosity of others. I hope that one day I can pay it forward and bless someone else!

So, I let the kids watch ET for the first time. Buds could have cared less. Pod and Boo Bear loved it. Punky, however, cried her eyes out and never wants to watch it again. Pretty sure I just scarred her for life. She's very empathetic and sensitive. Boo is sensitive but not as empathetic. Pod is neither.. She takes more after her Daddy and was like, "it's just a movie!" So, I don't think we will be adding ET to our movie collection.

I slept in today. Going to drink my coffee and then clean, clean, clean... Only 5 more days!!

Kids are watching Despicable Me for the first time now... They are so excited! I think this one might be a bigger hit then ET. Punky is still upset over it this morning..

That'll cover most/all of gas & food for the whole trip !!! :rotfl: :cool1:

I know! This definitely gives us a nice little cushion! :)

So, the girls from Despicable Me are just like our girls! Hubs and I can't get over it! They have watched it 3 times today! I don't normally let them watch so much TV, but they were so into the movie and I was trying to get stuff done. We borrowed it from the library but I think we will need to buy it!

Got my bathroom cleaned and organized! Bagged up 2 more bags of stuff for goodwill. Washed dishes but it is never ending! I can't wait to get our dishwasher hooked up!

Three days and a wake up! Did lots of laundry and stuff today. Cleaned my bathroom. Bagged up some stuff for goodwill. Got my bag packed. Well, mostly packed. Packed up all the snacks in the garage that I've been buying. Need to put together the address list for everyone that we are going to send owl post to! :) Getting super excited!

Wow! So close. :)

Congrats on the new kitchen items. Always good to have a dishwasher that works. I use ours almost daily. Can't believe how many dishes 2 kids and a DH go through.

Hope you have a great trip!

Two days and a wake up!! :cool1:

Hubs is sick.. poor guy! My throat is slightly sore.. doubled up on the vitamin C and hoping for the best!

Just typed out our "Owl Post Mailing List".. simultaneously updated our Christmas Card List while I was at it! ;)

Typing out a pet care instruction list for my friend who is going to watch the animals and stuff for me.

I honestly don't know what else to do to get ready. I have to buy some more pull ups, wipes, and a few more sandwich fixings and that is it. Well, I need to clean, clean, and clean some more. I just don't feel like it today. Blech!

So, we measured the kids and talked about which rides they could ride. Punky and Pod are 1/2 inch different in height. Most rides will be open to them! Spent some time talking about each one! So excited!!

Just found your thread today, and want to thank you for the treat! It's been like reading letters from you. I'm so glad you received the Visa card. Have a wonderful time, and be sure to update us when you return.

Ohhhhh I hope you all are healthy for your trip!!!

HOT TEA!! I swear by it!! LOL!

Maybe it'll just be a quickie and disappear as fast as it came on.
(fingers crossed!)

Have a great time! I can't wait to read all about your trip afterwards! I bet you'll have great weather, too.

Have FUN!!!!!

:drive:

Thanks Plannermom! :)

I am feeling okay today. I think part of it is our crazy weather. Woke up to snow this morning. Was almost 70 just the other day! I am tired though, but it's been a long day at work. Not bad, just long.

Not tomorrow but the next day! I just can't believe that we are almost ready to go!! I am so nervous that something is going to go wrong. So, the guy who is here doing our plumbing is taking forever and I have a feeling it is going to cost a whole lot more then we thought. Not his fault really, there were some fitting issues and whatnot. Hopefully, it won't take much longer. All kinds of food in the house and I can't make dinner so we are ordering pizza. At least I don't have to cook.

I hope the plumbing job didn't end up costing you too much.

Well, if I don't get back on here before you leave, I hope you have a fantastic time!!! And I hope the germs go away and you are all healthy and ready to go full steam ahead!!

Florida heat sounds so good right now!
:cool1:

While I am excited, I am exhausted! Didn't get all the laundry done since the water was turned off yesterday. House is a disaster. Our NEW dishwasher DOESN'T work and we can't get it fixed until we get back. I'm pooped AND I can't get off work tomorrow to get all of the last minute stuff done! I just don't know what I'm going to do!! Stay up all night, I guess!

For the most part, the laundry can wait. I'll finish what is already going and leave the rest for when I get back.

We lost our spare key and the other one didn't work so I had to run and have two made for the people who are watching our house/pets for us.

Kids are getting their showers. My bag is packed with the exception of my hair dryer, hair brush, and toothpaste.

Kitchen is still pretty much a disaster from yesterday, but it's coming around. I will get it straightened up tonight. I'm going to just shut the bedroom doors and hope our pet watchers aren't nosey because they are awful!!

Litterbox needs to be changed..

Fishbowl needs to be cleaned (poor fishy!)

Must vacuum living room and downstairs.

Cooking dinner and will have to clean up that mess. Sigh. Never ending.

Kids straightened up the outside a bit, so at least it doesn't look like some b00by trapped junkyard in front of our house anymore.

Oh no! I have to dig out the cooler! EEK! And charge the DS's! And pack the chargers!

I did get the kids' activity bags done..

So much to do, so much to do, so much to do...

Hubs insists that we are to leave RIGHT AWAY when we get home! AAACK!

Ooh, got directions to BIL's house printed. Got owl post list completed and printed.

I'm forgetting stuff, I just know it! I'm panicking! I'm totally off schedule!

While I am excited, I am exhausted! Didn't get all the laundry done since the water was turned off yesterday. House is a disaster. Our NEW dishwasher DOESN'T work and we can't get it fixed until we get back. I'm pooped AND I can't get off work tomorrow to get all of the last minute stuff done! I just don't know what I'm going to do!! Stay up all night, I guess!

For the most part, the laundry can wait. I'll finish what is already going and leave the rest for when I get back.

We lost our spare key and the other one didn't work so I had to run and have two made for the people who are watching our house/pets for us.

Kids are getting their showers. My bag is packed with the exception of my hair dryer, hair brush, and toothpaste.

Kitchen is still pretty much a disaster from yesterday, but it's coming around. I will get it straightened up tonight. I'm going to just shut the bedroom doors and hope our pet watchers aren't nosey because they are awful!!

Litterbox needs to be changed..

Fishbowl needs to be cleaned (poor fishy!)

Must vacuum living room and downstairs.

Cooking dinner and will have to clean up that mess. Sigh. Never ending.

Kids straightened up the outside a bit, so at least it doesn't look like some b00by trapped junkyard in front of our house anymore.

Oh no! I have to dig out the cooler! EEK! And charge the DS's! And pack the chargers!

I did get the kids' activity bags done..

So much to do, so much to do, so much to do...

Hubs insists that we are to leave RIGHT AWAY when we get home! AAACK!

Ooh, got directions to BIL's house printed. Got owl post list completed and printed.

I'm forgetting stuff, I just know it! I'm panicking! I'm totally off schedule!

Hi! I've been lurking and reading along on your pre-trip report! You sound like me before I leave for every trip: trying to clean and organize and getting stressed out! (And I only have one child!)
Keep calm, take a deep breath and tackle one chore at a time. Prioritize what really needs to be done and what can be done when you get back. I went to Universal last June with me, DH, DS14 (now 15) and his cousin. We had such a blast!
Have an amazing trip, take lots of pictures, and make lots of great memories with your family :goodvibes

Hi! I've been lurking and reading along on your pre-trip report! You sound like me before I leave for every trip: trying to clean and organize and getting stressed out! (And I only have one child!)
Keep calm, take a deep breath and tackle one chore at a time. Prioritize what really needs to be done and what can be done when you get back. I went to Universal last June with me, DH, DS14 (now 15) and his cousin. We had such a blast!
Have an amazing trip, take lots of pictures, and make lots of great memories with your family :goodvibes

Thank you! I got the kids fed and in bed, ate some chocolate, and looked at what was written on our countdown chain.

1280490_10203823974303557_503705788_n.jpg

This just warms my heart! My kids are driving me batty, but gosh I love them and it makes me happy that, of all the things they could look forward to on this trip, "play w/ mom" was one of them! :cloud9:

Taking a deep breath, trying not to panic, and just doing what I can.. If we forget something, they have stores there. If the house is a little messy, it's no big deal. The clutter will be there when I get back. I just need to relax and not freak out..

Oh, and Hubs is saying, "I told you that you were going to get all stressed out! Just like you always do! You're going to freak out!" :crazy2:

Chocolate= GOOD!! SWEET KIDS=EVEN BETTER!!

Yep, sounds like you're GOING ON VACATION!! YAY!!!

Somehow it will all come together.
Have a fabulous time, I can't wait to read all about it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter