Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting Than You!*6/8* NEW Trip Report Link p154

Just checking in !!Been a hectis week , I soooo need to update my PTR for 2013 !!But no time this week !! I guess Marv is rubbing off on me:lmao::lmao:

Sounds like a wonderful breakfast and a fun DISmeet. Meets are always a great thing to be able to do; it's nice to be able to put a face to names and pictures. Plus, it's nice to be able to converse with people who share similar interests and understand what it means to be a Disney nut. :rotfl:

I agree - DIS meets are wonderful! I really enjoy them. As C said in her post, I was so nervous for my first meet, but now it just seems really natural!

I'd definitely recommend joining the cruise thread for your trip this fall if you haven't already. Getting to know a few DISers beforehand made running into them on the ship fun. And a group of us ended up booking a private brunch together, which was very special. Alex and I are now good friends in real life with a couple that we met via the DISboards, so it's very cool to read about all the friends you were able to meet up with and spend a few minutes with on this trip.

I really do need to get over to the cruise threads. I did after I first booked, but haven't since. Another couple is going with us and I know they think its really strange that I have so many so-called "internet" friends. So I am definitely going to downplay that while we are on the cruise.

I am so curious to see what you went to the party as....:confused3

:rotfl2: It's funny. Get ready!

this time of year drains me I swear! I know I owe everyone an update, it will probably be tomorrow night :thumbsup2

I agree - this time of year just wipes me out. But the last two days have been fairly warm here, so that seems to give me a little more energy.

Tomorrow night is good! :thumbsup2

We are heading out for Disney tomorrow! Your trip has helped to build the excitement for us. Can't wait to see what else is in store! :woohoo:

Have a fantastic trip and please let us know if you start a TR so we can hear all about it.

Oh no! NOT THAT!!!!!!!! :rotfl2: Rosie - I am sure I am as behind as you are! :rotfl2:

Rosie and MEK, don't feel bad. I went 11 days without an update and finally did a mega one yesterday after being sick all of last week and then catching up at work.

Rosie and MEK, don't feel bad. I went 11 days without an update and finally did a mega one yesterday after being sick all of last week and then catching up at work.

Wait! I missed a mega update??????? Heading there now! :thumbsup2

As Mary Ellen mentioned, our breakfast wasn't until 10:30 so we got up and worked out. Running for Mary Ellen and the gym for me. I am not a morning person, never have been. At home, I get up a fair bit before I truly need to, to allow myself time to wake up and be civil. It is generally best for all involved that I at least have a cup of coffee in my hands before speaking commences. As a result my preferred time to do any sort of exercise is in the evenings with my normal workouts occurring around 6:30-7:30 pm. Saturdays are an exception to this, we are at the gym by 10am each weekend. 10am I can manage. If I am up by oh, 8:30 that gives me a good 1.5 hours to have 1-2 cups of coffee, and water to balance that out and still manage a decent and sometimes great workout. I'm not sure what time we got up but factoring in the time for the workout itself, shower/change, hit the gift shop and one other thing I’m sure it was no later than 7:30 more likely 7 for me and possibly earlier for Mary Ellen. We had coffee (it is nice to have a roomie who shares your morning need!) and then hit the road. I was on west coast time and yes, had been out quite late the night before. Instead of my normal 1.5 hours for coffee/water before attempting cardio it was more like dump it into my vein and hit the elliptical immediately. Being a little short on sleep and water, and my body thinking that it was 5am that coffee hit hard and I found myself sweating much more than was warranted for my level of effort. Pathetic! I hung in there and got it done but it was definitely one of those workouts that felt like a chore and like the gym staff were looking at me and going "why bother". Of course it was one of those days where the only other 2 souls in there were in far better shape than I and just cranking it out like they were training for something. I did the bare minimum of cardio as to not totally hang my head in shame and spent some time stretching, feeling supremely annoyed with myself. As a result I think I may have been back to the room prior to Mary Ellen. We had a task to do and if memory serves I think I got it started while she hopped in the shower first. Our task? Make up the goodie bags for the DISkids. We’'d had fun emailing/texting about what to put in them and it was fun to put them together. We’d done a small amount of personalization for each child with some specific pins and little cups and I know we both really enjoyed making them up. At least I'm pretty sure we made them up that morning and it contributed a little bit to use being late as I can't see when else we'd have done it unless it was the first night. My memory is going!

With both of us showered, changed, goodies packed we headed to the Mercantile and found the lovely pillow for Tracy and then were off to the Wave! I was excited to see Tracy and for our breakfast. By this point I was starving and I had heard nothing but good things about the buffet.
Unlike Mary Ellen, I was NOT on top of photo’s this morning, my first one not occurring until I saw food!

IMG_0992.jpg

I know I've got on my plate some sweet potato pancakes, biscuits (with scrambled eggs of course) and gravy, cheesy grits and some fabulous pull apart thingy on there that I think may have been a breakfast bread pudding?. I think that muffin may have had some sweet potato in it as well. OMG it was good. I want that same plate, right now! From a carb standpoint, pure heaven. I was a bit disappointed in the fruit offerings, though not surprised. Melon is SO boring! LOL.

We did linger quite a while, chatting up a storm. Tracy looked absolutely fabulous and was in such a positive happy place. I tried like heck to edit the picture but the fact is the lighting in there was awful and it is a cell phone pic. Still I am so grateful to have it and I know she had it up on FB for a while :goodvibes I know I left breakfast feeling a renewed sense of hope for Tracy's health and prognosis, definitely didn't expect it to be nearly so soon.

IMG_0994.jpg

An incredibly special memory and morning, followed by a tour of BLT which was super cool to me. I had been there over the summer to visit TOWL but had never need the rooms. Tracy had made a room request and then I know others had added pixie dust requests and they had an amazing view

IMG_0995.jpg

I really quite liked the room and would definitely stay there someday. It's on Eric's wish list so I'm sure at some point we will. That day would be sooner rather than later if the points weren't quite so high! After our lovely morning it was time to head to the meet. We were a little bit late and rushed as a result. We had agreed to meet at the Rose and Crown (pub) but hadn't really specified inside or outside so weren't sure where folks would land (or I wasn't anyway as I’d never really been there before despite walking by it a zillion times). As we walked up to the outer seating area, which isn't technically part of R&C, we spotted John and Melissa right away, Christine and Pat and Tracy of course. Brook either was already there or had just arrived. I was looking around for Mary and the girls and made a comment that they weren't here yet and we were waiting for them.

Someone piped up "yes they are, they are inside looking for you". LOL! It was Mary’s DH. I had no idea what he looked like. I think at that point maybe Brook went inside to get them and bring them out? About then I think Sheree and her family arrived. I recognized them right away and we quickly made introductions and her DH says to me.

“I know you, you cost me a lot of money!”

Huh?

:confused3

I was so confused and then it hit me and I started laughing. They are booked on the Wonder this summer to celebrate a big birthday for him. Sheree had used my TR as leverage to convince him to book it. It was SO funny, one of my favorite lines of the trip. It was so nice to meet everyone, people I already felt I "knew" and some I already did. It was a great meet, a great group of people and not an ounce of awkwardness.

My pictures are virtually identical here, though taken from a slightly different angle.

PA186667.jpg

PA186668a.jpg

I think either Sheree's DH or Melissa's had my camera. Those guys, and Mary's DH (and maybe Tracy's friend and Brielle helped too?) were troopers with all the cameras and phones, making sure we each got shots. Pretty cool! After the photo op I think we gave the girls their treat bags, and Henry's to Brook. They were so cute with them, all 4 girls as they opened what was in them. I have to say though Avery got me. She gives the BEST hugs! Having never had a little girl of my own (Kendall was 7 when we married and was not/is not demonstrative like that) it just completely melted me and made the morning just that much better and brighter. Sadly it was time to go, we all said our goodbyes and hoped paths would cross again over the course of our trip, and some did!

We headed towards France

What is it about this shot? I always take several pictures here.

PA186669.jpg

PA186670.jpg

We picked up a glass of wine. From….somewhere

PA186671.jpg

I'd love to be looking at this right now

PA186672.jpg

PA186676.jpg

The lunch crowds were just starting to come in. I really wanted to make it to Belgium, it was actually on my must do list and sadly, I didn't. The difference in the crowds mid-day on a week day versus weekend was mind boggling.

PA186673.jpg

PA186674.jpg

Apparently I was nursing my wine compared to someone

PA186677.jpg

JUST KIDDING!

See, add a border to the photopass version and I don’t look like a lush!

Photo0621FourBySix.jpg

Oh maybe not, Mary Ellen is sad her wine is gone!

PA186678.jpg

Mildly better, this one says it's time to get to the pool! It was so perfect out.

Photo0629FourBySix.jpg

My fountain shots are never as good as Mary Ellen's. Then again I can't say I try very hard.

PA186679.jpg

PA186680.jpg

And with that we headed to the bus, we had a date with a quiet pool and a party to prep for.

I really do need to get over to the cruise threads. I did after I first booked, but haven't since. Another couple is going with us and I know they think its really strange that I have so many so-called "internet" friends. So I am definitely going to downplay that while we are on the cruise.

Until you bump into some of your imaginary friends on the cruise!

When my family was at Atlantis, someone recognized us from my Disney trip reports. :magnify:

As they say "IASW"

Great update Cynthia!

I'm pretty impressed with both your and Mary Ellen's dedication to workouts on vacation (and at home for that matter) :worship:

It makes me happy to know that Tracy had such a spectacular room/view for the trip!

The goodie bags were such a sweet treat for the kids! What a great meet.

Love, Love, Love the comment from Sheree's husband!

And now,

Party! Party! Party!

popcorn::

IMG_0992.jpg

I know I've got on my plate some sweet potato pancakes, biscuits (with scrambled eggs of course) and gravy, cheesy grits and some fabulous pull apart thingy on there that I think may have been a breakfast bread pudding?.
We did linger quite a while, chatting up a storm.

I just had lunch and I think i could eat this all right now. It really looks yummy. That is going to be my new "go to" place for breakfast, especially when I have a car!

Tracy looked absolutely fabulous and was in such a positive happy place. I tried like heck to edit the picture but the fact is the lighting in there was awful and it is a cell phone pic. Still I am so grateful to have it and I know she had it up on FB for a while :goodvibes I know I left breakfast feeling a renewed sense of hope for Tracy's health and prognosis, definitely didn't expect it to be nearly so soon.

IMG_0994.jpg

I am so happy that you took this picture because if one picture captures the spirit of Tracy - it's this one. Cell phone or not, its perfect! Strong Work!

An incredibly special memory and morning, followed by a tour of BLT which was super cool to me. I had been there over the summer to visit TOWL but had never need the rooms. Tracy had made a room request and then I know others had added pixie dust requests and they had an amazing view

IMG_0995.jpg

Jen and I had this view several years ago, although I think we were a couple floors higher. It was perfect. I am so glad that Tracy got such a perfect view!

About then I think Sheree and her family arrived. I recognized them right away and we quickly made introductions and her DH says to me.

Huh?

:confused3

I was so confused and then it hit me and I started laughing.

I totally forgot about this and really wasn't sure where you were going with that title. :rotfl2: That was really funny!

My pictures are virtually identical here, though taken from a slightly different angle.

PA186667.jpg

PA186668a.jpg

I like this angle better and I feel like Tracy is looking straight at me in the first picture. I mean - straight at me from my computer screen!

I'd love to be looking at this right now

PA186672.jpg

I couldn't think of a more awesome view, especially today when it was a traffic nightmare thanks to an inch of snow. Accidents EVERYWHERE and now freezing cold!

This is a GORGEOUS photo! Very Nice!

Apparently I was nursing my wine compared to someone

PA186677.jpg

JUST KIDDING!

:rotfl2: Haha - No you're not. You can't fool me! :rotfl2:

Great update. I am just about ready to start my next update. Almost have my 500 party pictures edited. :faint: Yeah - that's right - I said 500! :rolleyes1

Until you bump into some of your imaginary friends on the cruise!

When my family was at Atlantis, someone recognized us from my Disney trip reports. :magnify:

As they say "IASW"

:rotfl: I'm not sure if they think they are imaginary. More so - they think its just plain weird that I make friends with people I've met on line. When we vacationed with them this summer they were shocked that I got up from dinner and walked down the boardwalk to say "hi" to another DISer who just saw my FB post that I was in the restaurant right near where she was with her kids. I was gone minutes, but I think there was some eye rolling going on. Oh well!

Great update Cynthia!

I'm pretty impressed with both your and Mary Ellen's dedication to workouts on vacation (and at home for that matter) :worship:

It makes me happy to know that Tracy had such a spectacular room/view for the trip!

The goodie bags were such a sweet treat for the kids! What a great meet.

Love, Love, Love the comment from Sheree's husband!

And now,

Party! Party! Party!

popcorn::

That was a great update and I'm glad Cynthia took pictures of Tracy's view. I see my phone out, but I guess I didn't take any pics. I'm glad her view was perfect. She seemed right at home.

Good news - I have almost my party pics edited, so I think I'll probably post a party update tomorrow!

Great catch up. I love the line You cost me money, just like a man!

Right on Doris! Somehow I can never picture a woman saying that line! :rotfl2:

Mary Ellen, I dug out a souvenir booklet that was in MIL papers. The booklet came from WDW in the early 70s when there was just Poly, Contemporary & Ft Wilderness. It was done after Space Mountain was built. Anyway there is a photo of the island in Bay Lake, it was called Treasure Island. The book says "it is filled with tropical birds, botanical beauty & winding pathways to adventure inspired by the famous RLS story".

It must have changed later to Discovery Island. Book has really cool pictures of what used to be. The Swan boats are so cool, I wonder what happened to them?

Mary Ellen, I dug out a souvenir booklet that was in MIL papers. The booklet came from WDW in the early 70s when there was just Poly, Contemporary & Ft Wilderness. It was done after Space Mountain was built. Anyway there is a photo of the island in Bay Lake, it was called Treasure Island. The book says "it is filled with tropical birds, botanical beauty & winding pathways to adventure inspired by the famous RLS story".

It must have changed later to Discovery Island. Book has really cool pictures of what used to be. The Swan boats are so cool, I wonder what happened to them?

That's so cool. I love Disney nostalgia. Too bad they don't use the island for anything anymore. Seems sort of a waste, but I guess you can't maintain everything. I'm going to see if I can find anything on youtube.

MEK said:
That's so cool. I love Disney nostalgia. Too bad they don't use the island for anything anymore. Seems sort of a waste, but I guess you can't maintain everything. I'm going to see if I can find anything on youtube.

I visited Discovery Island the last time I was in Disney World - 1988. The pics I took got lost somewhere, but it was a lovely place. Beautiful nature paths and very green. I remember it was a sanctuary for brown pelicans, and other wild birds that had been injured or orphaned. I stayed at Fort Wilderness in a tent.

And another great update!

No matter how often I see that photo of your friend with her pillow, it always makes me tear up!

Glad you enjoyed breakfast at the Wave. That IS breadpudding on your plate and I am sooooooooo looking forward to having some in a little over two weeks. :cloud9:

Your meet sounds like it has been a lot of fun! How could it not be ...... lots of ladies getting together!

Can't wait for more! :thumbsup2

A great update, Cynthia.

I definitely see where MaryEllen sees that Tracy is looking right at her on the computer. I'm so glad you had this time with her.

Love the DIS group photo. Aren't Avery and Cayley the best? Avery is a good hugger (can't wait to see them in 125 days).

I hung in there and got it done but it was definitely one of those workouts that felt like a chore and like the gym staff were looking at me and going "why bother".
I'm thinking "why bother" after reading about it... it's vacation... you're going to do a lot of walking... and you had to get up at what is basically 4 am to you!!!! :faint:

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl: Well, at least you know he's a fan of your TR's.

Now I have to comment on Pat's pix of the Land Boat Ride !!I didn't know that you captured that pix of Cayley !!!! Now if you say you told me I am claimimg Dementia:rotfl2::rotfl2:

No I never said anything to you. I didn't know at the time. I did zoom in so maybe I thought she looked familiar from far away but I guess I forgot about it afterward.

I did not notice until I saw it the picture full sized on my computer. :rotfl2:

I agree with you that there is something unique with on-line relationships. I think there is someone about the written word that takes communication to a whole new level. That has to bring you closer to other people. Plus, I think that knowing we all share a common bond makes it easier for us to trust other people we meet in this forum.

I totally agree with you on this. The common bond is one thing but sometimes you find much more. Disney Magic.... ::yes::

OH. MY. GOSH. :rotfl2:
My husband gave you a chapter title!!!! He'll be so proud!
I'm not sure I knew or remember that my DH said that to you Cynthia!!! Can't take him anywhere!! Although we have unique ways of identifying DISers in our conversations. I'll say things like, Mary Ellen, we met her at **, she's the one who went to Hilton Head (another trip we're copying) or Cynthia, she's the one that did the Alaska cruise. He can't remember names otherwise!

My girls were SO excited to get an unexpected gift! Super sweet of you to do that. And unique for them and their favorite characters too. We had the pleasure of hanging out with Cayley and Avery at the MNSSHP - they are so cute and sweet!

Your breakfast looks so yummy - too bad I didn't have anything remotely like that waiting for me in the kitchen this morning. Nope, it was a do-it-yourself breakfast for me...

ETA - OK I went back a page further - I think we had driven over and parked at BC that day and walked past the pool and saw a couple friends hanging out - must have been Christine and Pat? Melissa? These are the things I forget. I really should do a TR. Just don't know when I will find time.

I was looking over the Disney booklet and found a ride I'd totally forgotten about. It was in Frontierland, Davy Crockett's canoe ride. There is a picture of guests being rowed in one of the lakes around Frontierland. There were quite a few passengers in the canoe! Looked to be mighty low in the water!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter