Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting Than You!*6/8* NEW Trip Report Link p154

Thank you for the update!

Love the costumes! They are cute and colorful and unique. And they look super comfortable, so that is really key.

Great pictures of Main Street and the parade, Mary Ellen!

That's a bit creepy with the person/shadow in the window. Did you notice it when you were taking the picture or when you were looking at it later?

The pictures on the boat dock with the sunset are amazing! I also think the one of the Plaza seating area, with the lights, is gorgeous.

Love the haunted bride and groom couple, and I am trying to figure out if I "know" them. One of my FB friends is a DISer and that was going to be her costume, but she hasn't done a trip report and I don't remember her posting pictures from MNSSHP on profile, but I'm off to creep now to see.

ETA: Nope. Not them.

Looooving all the updates!! :love:

The one with Tracy made me tear up a bit, I sure miss her sweet, funny, spirited spirit. She was a lot of laughs, it was kinda hard seeing her with the pillow knowing the out come of her prognosis. Bless her beautiful heart. :sad1:

You did good on the pillow, Cynthia. I don't think I could have picked a better gift.

It is hard looking back on that picture, but if any one picture speaks to me about the essence of Tracy - its that one! I love it!

Okay, since I'm gushing about Cynthia's amazing ideas I have to say hands down those are some of the best comstumes I've seen in a long time!! :rotfl: So stinkin cute!! How did you come up with that?!? :confused3 Too fun! Y'all looked great!! :goodvibes

When she asked if I wanted to dress up, I said as long as you figure out the costume - and she sure did! She did a great job. I'll admit, I was a little skeptical at first, but when I saw the first picture that she sent me ahead of time, I knew it was a winner!

Also, I'd like to get some ideas from you two on the goodie bags, we'll be having a Dis meet with a kiddo who I want to spoil a bit when we see her. ::yes:: And since Cynthia and you, Mary Ellen, are the Queens of amazing ideas, I really could use y'alls help on this one. :)

Cynthia hit up ebay for pins and I just perused the dollar store and Walgreens for other Disney & Halloween goodies. It was fun!

Such a great Dis meet y'all had!! I remember when everyone was on this trip and how left out I felt not being there with all those amazing Disers!! My next trip will probably be for the F&W, just not sure it will be for 2014 or 15?

I will be skipping 2014 because I really want to plan a trip to California and Disney Land, but I am CERTAIN I'll be going back in 2015. I had know idea how fun F&W was and I feel so lucky that we were able to plan such a nice DIS meet!

Thank you, you two. This TR has been pretty great, I appreciate the time and effort y'all are putting into it. :)

So glad you are enjoying our TR. It really is fun to write because the whole trip seems like a blur and this is like reliving it!

Oh my gosh!! The party looks like sooo much fun. I love the whole Haunted Mansion part of the parade and such. What great photos! :) And yes, the blonde hair is very becoming!!

The party is SO much fun! I highly recommend it. I think its the best party. period! I've been to it three times now and I would happily go back again.

Backing up since I had to get caught up... what a beautiful day for your group Dismeet and breakfast with Tracy... despite sorrowing from the loss, the memories and smiles that you shared that day certainly warm your heart. Glad that you had that time with lovely Tracy and your other Dis-pals.

Planning breakfast with Tracy was such a smart move. I'm so glad we got to have some quiet time with her. Both Cynthia and I automatically liked her when we met up on our original East Meets West trip in 2010. She had such a great, roll with it spirit.

Now, what's up with making those like me who are a lazy slug on vacation look bad because you two work out while at WDW! Cynthia - even though you said you put in minimal effort for your work out - at least you did it!! :lmao: I always think about it but am too busy getting to my next meal to give it too much thought! ;) Great job you two!

I actually really like to run at Disney world, so although it requires a little extra effort I usually only run 2 miles. It doesn' t take that long and I enjoy the morning solitude. It's much more relaxing than when I run at home because that's always harder to fit in.

GREAT costumes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You ladies look stunning!

I'm not quite sure about "stunning", but OK! :rotfl2: It was a really fun costume!

I never get tired to see the pics of the Halloween Parties. We have so many fond memories of them. :goodvibes

I agree - the Halloween parade is always so amazing and I really enjoy seeing the pictures. I took a ton just so I could have a few with semi-decent lighting.

Oh, btw, Cynthia - we are going to have breakfast at the Wave in 2 weeks again and I'll have some of that breadpudding for you! :lmao:

Nice! I hope you enjoy your breakfast there. It's really a great spot and if I need a quick breakfast in June I am going to duck in there. :thumbsup2

Awesome costumes! The three of you look like you were having such fun that night. :goodvibes

We had a blast and you can thank Cynthia for the awesomeness of our costumes! They really were a hit. We got a lot of positive laughs from the people who recognized who we were.

The Boo to You Parade is pretty cool, especially if you haven't seen it in awhile. And I agree, the Haunted Mansion part (with the shovels) is great. My favorite part of the show...

The parade is awesome. I still don't get the cowboys :rotfl:, but the Haunted Mansion part is so fun. I wish I had seen a couple sparks fly from those shovels! :rotfl:

Aside from having to wait forever for a boat, it sounds like the party's off to a good start. Can't wait to hear how the rest of the night went.

We probably should have left a little earlier, but we did make up for it. We had great mojo in finding a perfect spot on the parade route and a perfect (almost) spot for Hallowishes!

I have to say that you've both made me realize I have no excuse not to exercise on our up coming trip! I've read some of your past TRs and it amazed me that you guys found time to keep up your routines. So thanks for the motivation :worship:

Great updates ladies! I love the pictures of the WL pool - it looks so relaxing. Great halloween costumes too! It is a great idea, and they look like they would be comfortable to wear in the park too. When DH and I went to MNSSHP in 2010, we were all dressed up at the boat dock, and nobody else was! We felt quite out of place lol Your boat looks much more prepared to party :rotfl:

:rotfl2: Probably how much my bra was digging into my side....:rotfl2:

And I thought that was your sign for needed an adult beverage. :rotfl2:

I am so NOT picture ready in most of those pictures... well really not any.

I hear ya! I'm rarely ready myself and I always need to remember to "suck it in". I obviously failed quite a few times! :rotfl2:

I remember it was hot that afternoon and soon after I made my way back and hit the pool.

Funny - I usually remember when its hot, but I don't remember noticing that evening. However, I do remembered being annoyed by how much shade there was at the pool.

My pictures from that meet.

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

Great pictures! I love how we have pictures from so many different perspectives! :thumbsup2

Picture of costumes random guy at the pool took.

IMG_0285.jpg

That was a fun day and night.

Thank goodness for that random guy! It really was a great day and most of the night - until I almost went comatose on you guys again! :rotfl:

Whew I am sooo glad my dementia wasn't kicking in!!!:rotfl2:I was thinking "That is really bad that I have forgotten Pat seeing Mary and her girls ":lmao::lmao:

You were NOT suffering from DISmentia this time! Phew! :rotfl:

Wow 2 awesome updates !!Cynthia your breakfast plate is also calling my name !!!!!

Mine too! That breakfast buffet was really good. I highly recommend it!

As for the costumes they were fabulous !!! Loved them !! Mary Ellen your pix were graet!! I was hoping for Cruella so I could say "There's my Nurse ":rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

:rotfl2: Too funny!

Glad you liked our costumes and the pics to prove it!

Christine and I are busy changing where to stay , when and where to eat for our Grannies trip:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Now there's a shocker! :rolleyes1:rotfl2:

Thank you for the update!

Love the costumes! They are cute and colorful and unique. And they look super comfortable, so that is really key.

It was a very comfortable costume. The only thing I didn't care for wearing was the wig because by the end of the night my head itched. But a lot of things itch my head, so that's nothing new.

Great pictures of Main Street and the parade, Mary Ellen!

Thanks!

That's a bit creepy with the person/shadow in the window. Did you notice it when you were taking the picture or when you were looking at it later?

I actually noticed it later, but at the last two parties I noticed stuff in the different windows like that. It's pretty cool how they put those details in. I definitely did not notice that during the first party I attended.

The pictures on the boat dock with the sunset are amazing! I also think the one of the Plaza seating area, with the lights, is gorgeous.

Thank you! The sunset was so perfect that night. I was hoping those pictures would turn out.

Love the haunted bride and groom couple, and I am trying to figure out if I "know" them. One of my FB friends is a DISer and that was going to be her costume, but she hasn't done a trip report and I don't remember her posting pictures from MNSSHP on profile, but I'm off to creep now to see.

ETA: Nope. Not them.

Did you find actual pictures of her? I just think that was such a perfect costume. I could see it being a pain if you had to fly with that costume. It was definitely top notch!

I have to say that you've both made me realize I have no excuse not to exercise on our up coming trip! I've read some of your past TRs and it amazed me that you guys found time to keep up your routines. So thanks for the motivation :worship:

I'm glad that motivated you. Sometimes I actually feel like I run more on vacation because I don't have work getting in the way. I just really like to run. I don't go fast - just jogging and rarely more than 2 miles. It's just a pleasant way for me to start the day.

ahahaha you all look so cute!!! I love the costumes.

Thanks! So glad you like our costumes. That was definitely Cynthia's doing! She was the mastermind behind the costumes!

Great updates ladies! I love the pictures of the WL pool - it looks so relaxing.

That was actually the villa pool. Definitely a chill place. Unfortunately, the trees are so big now that there's actually a little too much shade. Probably great for summer, but I could have used a sliver more sunshine. :laughing:

Great halloween costumes too! It is a great idea, and they look like they would be comfortable to wear in the park too. When DH and I went to MNSSHP in 2010, we were all dressed up at the boat dock, and nobody else was! We felt quite out of place lol Your boat looks much more prepared to party :rotfl:

Really? I bet that was weird being the only one in costume. This is the first time I wore a costume and I am so glad that we did. I think it made the party so much more fun. OUr boat was definitely ready to party. :rotfl:

I forgot to say all of you looked good as blondes! Those were really cute costumes & no my pink wig doesn't have a bow in it!

In the deep recesses of my brain was an inkling about Daisy having nieces. Thanks for the info.

I thought about the party before we went, but I didn't think I would be up to it otherwise I would have made him go.

Your costumes are too cute!! Do I lose my Disney card if I confess I had to resort to google to figure out who you were? So, so super cute!

MEK- beautiful photos as always but especially love the ones from twilight around the Wilderness Lodge. I think that is my favorite time of day. :)

A very special and heartfelt thank you to Cynthia, Sheree, and Pat for sharing your pictures from the meet. I will treasure these pictures more than you could know. I didn't take any photos with Tracy this last trip because I was feeling bad about myself and thought no one would want to see my ugly mug in pictures. Talk about perspective. I would give ANYTHING today for more pictures with her from our last trip. THANK YOU. :flower3: :hug:

I forgot to say all of you looked good as blondes! Those were really cute costumes & no my pink wig doesn't have a bow in it!

Haha - :rotfl2: I'm not sure if any of us look good as blonds, but it was fun for one night. :thumbsup2

I forgot to ask, but why do you have a pink wig? :confused3

In the deep recesses of my brain was an inkling about Daisy having nieces. Thanks for the info.

I didn't really remember the nieces either. I don't think a lot of people know about them. But they did make for a good costume!

I thought about the party before we went, but I didn't think I would be up to it otherwise I would have made him go.

Ask him now for September. I really hope you can talk him into it. It's a cool experience.

The Halloween Party looks like so much fun!!! That person in the window is creepy!! Can't wait to see fireworks pics! :goodvibes

Have you been to one yet? You really need to go. So much fun!

Those window effects were really creepy!

Firework pics are all edited, so that should be an easy update.

Your costumes are too cute!! Do I lose my Disney card if I confess I had to resort to google to figure out who you were? So, so super cute!

You totally don't lose your Disney card, because I had to google them too! :rotfl2:

MEK- beautiful photos as always but especially love the ones from twilight around the Wilderness Lodge. I think that is my favorite time of day. :)

It was such a gorgeous, gorgeous evening! Thank you!

A very special and heartfelt thank you to Cynthia, Sheree, and Pat for sharing your pictures from the meet. I will treasure these pictures more than you could know. I didn't take any photos with Tracy this last trip because I was feeling bad about myself and thought no one would want to see my ugly mug in pictures. Talk about perspective. I would give ANYTHING today for more pictures with her from our last trip. THANK YOU. :flower3: :hug:

Those pictures are all wonderful! I wish I had had some of those for the video, especially the one where she appears to be looking right at me. I used to hate having my picture taken so I can relate. Now I tolerate it and try to enjoy it. Usually I look back a couple years later and I'm glad I have the pictures.

Do you have all Tracy's photopass pictures from this trip? If you would like them I'll email you the link. All of them are wonderful.

I have a pink wig because I saw the movie Lost in Translation & the main girl wore one. I thought it was cute.

I have a choice to make, either the party or the Sunrise Safari.

I have a pink wig because I saw the movie Lost in Translation & the main girl wore one. I thought it was cute.

Well, that's as good enough reason as any. Cool, actually!

I have a choice to make, either the party or the Sunrise Safari.

Wow - now that's going to be a toughie. I would vote for party, but I think you guys will probably go with the Safari and I don't blame you one bit.

Great updates! Love the costumes! Adorable! How cool Cynthia came up with a idea for all 3 of you to do together.

Love the Parade and Party pics! Seeing the ones you, Jen and Carey are posting in the TR's makes me more and more convinced that I really need to go to the Halloween party. I am determined to go next fall so I will just have to make sure the dates fit with the party.

Your costumes are ADORABLE!
I love it and now you make me want to go back and dress up better!
I love that parade. You got a ton of great pictures too. And just so you know, the cowboys are just eyecandy for us ladies. We need a little fun too, right! :rotfl2:

The meet and greet looks so fun. Poor Sheree is hidden in almost all the pictures!

Oh my goodness, your costumes were too cute! I love that idea.

Love your parade pictures! I would love to see that in person. I have to wonder about Peter Pan's knees, though... either that's a random sweaty area for him or he fell knee-first into a puddle! :lmao:

I was looking over the Disney booklet and found a ride I'd totally forgotten about. It was in Frontierland, Davy Crockett's canoe ride. There is a picture of guests being rowed in one of the lakes around Frontierland. There were quite a few passengers in the canoe! Looked to be mighty low in the water!

In DLR, they still have that ride. It is a bit of a challenge when you have a young child though... since everyone trying to coordinate their paddling can be a tad frustrating.

I love the party updates! Your costumes for the party were too cute!
I hate it when transportation doesn’t work out. Glad you at least got a good spot for the parade. And I am super jealous! One of the things I was most looking forward to at MNSSHP was the headless horseman. Alas... rain caused him to be a no show. :( However... that parade is my FAVORITE!!! I can’t wait to see it again! I am with you on the confusion about the cowboys. What do they have to do with Halloween?

Hey there

Love your costumes - cutest blonde duckies I've ever seen:rotfl:

I love that parade - we were lucky enough to go to the party back in 2010 and the parade was worth it alone, along with the fireworks. We ended up going on a 2nd night as there was so much to do. My wallpaper is the family pic with all the seven dwarves - total highlight.

Also - I spy Big Al - I just love him. I have 2 cuddly Big Al's from previous trips. My pride and joy - my cuddly Sully comes a close second though. I think I have a thing for big hairy beasts :confused3 :rotfl2:

Did you find actual pictures of her? I just think that was such a perfect costume. I could see it being a pain if you had to fly with that costume. It was definitely top notch!

No pictures of my friend as the haunted bride. When I asked her about it, she said that her trip was cut short and she had to miss the party. Major bummer!

What a fantastic job on those costumes!! Such a cute idea. :goodvibes

And great pictures of the parade, MEK. It's getting me SO excited for our upcoming October trip. We are going to the party this year! My first MNSSHP, I can't wait! I'm excited to see the rest of your party pics...because I know you have a LOT more to share!!! :lmao:

What cute costumes! Love 'em! The first thing I thought of when I saw Cynthia is she looks like Charlene Darling from the Andy Griffith Show. See:

charlene-darling2.png

Every time I read a trip report that includes one of the holiday parades and decorations, I am jealous. Yep, pure jealousy oozes from my pores. I want to go so badly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter