Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting Than You!*6/8* NEW Trip Report Link p154

I was a semi-lurker. :lmao: I actually have been so behind on the DIS, I found your trip report and read the whole thing over the past couple weeks.

Cynthia, I have to say it was actually painful for me to scroll through your Country Bears updates!! :lmao: I really just can't stand that show, but some kind of way, my DH ALWAYS manages to drag me in there!! Your solo Photopass came out great though. :goodvibes

NO grey area with the bears it seems, folks love or hate them. Thanks on the picture!

I found the bears update and another one i'd missed d'oh!

Very colour co-ordinated Cynthia with your orange t-shirt in MK.

I'd love to say I planned it but...I didn't. Just a favorite top in fall colors I hadn't worn yet lol.

That's wonderful news, especially since that's at the top of her list. I guess someone will be traveling to Nashville this summer. Plus - what a great town! I love it there. Good luck to K. Keep me posted.

Well probably not. They will hopefully come see her. Challenge will be the when. Right now it's a bit up in the air if she is going to try and change teams and move to an ECNL league after state cup. We are less than thrilled with her coach (as is most of the team). Sounds like they attend the ECNL games but other than that it would be a tournament and based on what team she is on, not sure how all that will play out. No matter where she ends up there should be at least one summer event that it is likely they will attend. We are still trying to figure out the CO visit without her missing any school..ugh. And hoping her current team doesn't make it to HI. Which sounds horrible but....

April, May, and June reunion! :cool1:

NOT wearing that to Flower and Garden. Just sayin....:rotfl2:

Actually, things are better than when I last posted and I have some positive things to write about.

Good news! I love good news!

I was a semi-lurker. :lmao: I actually have been so behind on the DIS, I found your trip report and read the whole thing over the past couple weeks.

I'm a semi lurker on lots of threads these days, I can relate.

I am good on the October trip and I actually have good news about June and my job.
:woohoo: So good to hear!!!

Maybe we will all have to resurrect our costumes in a couple years for an April, May, June reunion! ::yes::
Wow that is a pretty aggressive reunion...........three whole months??? :eek: :faint:

Well if you ever do one you definitely have to share so we can be the judge of your artistic abilities.
Need a good laugh, huh??? :rolleyes1

OK semi-lurker. Still very impressive. I usually get intimidated by the TRs with a high post count. So happy to have you here! :thumbsup2

Well probably not. They will hopefully come see her. Challenge will be the when. Right now it's a bit up in the air if she is going to try and change teams and move to an ECNL league after state cup. We are less than thrilled with her coach (as is most of the team). Sounds like they attend the ECNL games but other than that it would be a tournament and based on what team she is on, not sure how all that will play out. No matter where she ends up there should be at least one summer event that it is likely they will attend. We are still trying to figure out the CO visit without her missing any school..ugh. And hoping her current team doesn't make it to HI. Which sounds horrible but....

HI? For Soccer? Oy! It's going to be a busy year (or six - 8 months) for Kendall. I hope she is able to find the perfect fit for schools.

NOT wearing that to Flower and Garden. Just sayin....:rotfl2:

:rotfl2: I can't imagine why you would shy away from that? :rotfl2:

Good news! I love good news!

:thumbsup2

:woohoo: So good to hear!!!

Should be posting an update soon!

Wow that is a pretty aggressive reunion...........three whole months??? :eek: :faint:

While three whole months of Disney sounds great, three months of wearing that itchy wig does NOT! :rolleyes1

Need a good laugh, huh??? :rolleyes1

A LOL laugh always makes my day!

HI? For Soccer? Oy! It's going to be a busy year (or six - 8 months) for Kendall. I hope she is able to find the perfect fit for schools.

Yah. Regionals are in HI this year so IF her team makes it to the finals, they go as we have the wildcard.

Jeff and I don't expect them to make it to the finals but it is possible. They will be in the semi's for sure.

However...if she changes clubs I'm not sure what will happen. Technically players on the team that play in the state cup are the players who can play in regionals. However it doesn't mean she would have to or that the new team would want her to. But since they are different leagues she could without a conflict. Then again she would have to make it onto the new team and that may be a reach, I'm not sure. I don't have a pulse on how good her chances are for that. Those girls are amazing. Like top 100 in the country soccer watch amazing some of them. Several of whom were prior teammates over the years. Really the next 4 months are big for her for soccer, it will likely be "over" by then in terms of placement/commitment. Not impossible for something to hit in the fall or winter but probability goes way down. Good news is that literally in a little over 2 weeks we will know one way or another on all of it.

Financially obviously we are hoping she does not go to HI. If she is with the new team she should get more overall exposure and wouldn't need the HI visit, which may or may not have less colleges attend due to the location and expense (who knows). That assumes she gets decent playing time on the new team though so....I dunno. At the end of the day doesn't much matter what I think, it will be up to Jeff and his ex and Kendall and whoever the coach is I guess. Either way there will be summer (and fall) tournament travel in addition to the HI wildcard.

UGH

Yah. Regionals are in HI this year so IF her team makes it to the finals, they go as we have the wildcard.

Jeff and I don't expect them to make it to the finals but it is possible. They will be in the semi's for sure.

However...if she changes clubs I'm not sure what will happen. Technically players on the team that play in the state cup are the players who can play in regionals. However it doesn't mean she would have to or that the new team would want her to. But since they are different leagues she could without a conflict. Then again she would have to make it onto the new team and that may be a reach, I'm not sure. I don't have a pulse on how good her chances are for that. Those girls are amazing. Like top 100 in the country soccer watch amazing some of them. Several of whom were prior teammates over the years. Really the next 4 months are big for her for soccer, it will likely be "over" by then in terms of placement/commitment. Not impossible for something to hit in the fall or winter but probability goes way down. Good news is that literally in a little over 2 weeks we will know one way or another on all of it.

Financially obviously we are hoping she does not go to HI. If she is with the new team she should get more overall exposure and wouldn't need the HI visit, which may or may not have less colleges attend due to the location and expense (who knows). That assumes she gets decent playing time on the new team though so....I dunno. At the end of the day doesn't much matter what I think, it will be up to Jeff and his ex and Kendall and whoever the coach is I guess. Either way there will be summer (and fall) tournament travel in addition to the HI wildcard.

UGH

At first I thought I was going to miss soccer, but hearing about Kendall's schedule makes me not miss soccer so much......:rotfl: At any rate, I wish he much success and hope that all the decisions that have to be made work out best for her. :thumbsup2

Ups & Downs

I think this is the perfect title because it applies as much to my life right now as it does to my trip report update. So here we go.

First, I want to thank everyone for their positive thoughts and replies regarding Max, Denny, my family, my June trip and my job. My last update was a downer, but now I have some good news. On Friday I was offered a job I applied for a month ago. I am so happy and relieved. Without going into a lot of detail, it is essentially doing the same type of nurse practitioner work I do now, but at a hospital closer to home. I think its probably best not to give to many details until everything is finalized. The important part is I don't have to stress over finding a job that I don't necessary want to do. I will start my new job July 1st, if all my credentialing goes through.

In light of our less than perfect HHI trip, and the fact that I want to use up my current vacation, Denny and I have decided to go ahead with our June trip. Quite honestly, I spent a lot of time thinking about Florida vacation locations other than Disney World. But ultimately we circled back to Disney World because, let's face it, its hard to visit the sunshine state and not go visit our happy place, even in stinking hot June.

Now here's where things get a little tricky. My brother invited us to stay with his family. So we essentially had no lodging costs. But, as you know, my brother's family is canceling. My brother is having health issues that prevent him from traveling. It's pretty hard to go from "no cost" lodging to the cost of Disney lodging. And since we have already borrowed into our 2014 points, we didn't want to borrow more points.

So the search began for reasonable, acceptable lodging. Can you say trip advisor? I really didn't think I was going to find anything acceptable at the price point I was willing to pay for this "extra" trip. But, finally I switched my search from Lake Buena Vista to Kissimee and I hit on a Diamond Resorts timeshare property that got great reviews across the board. I won't name the resort yet, in case someone out there had a terrible experience with it. If that's the case, I don't want to know. Let's just say that the rate that I got on Priceline may be too good to be true for a 1BR condo. But I'm willing to take the gamble. I stayed at a Diamond Resort before in Williamsburg, so I figure if its on the same par, it will work.

We booked flights. Yup - after HHI Denny has no interest in driving. I think he somehow associates driving with his cardiac event. Who am I to try to tell him otherwise? It works in my favor, since I much rather get on a plane any old day.

So yeah! I already told Katmark not to cancel our CMC breakfast meet because I was working out some details. Well, the details are pretty much worked out. I still have to cancel the ADRs I had for my brother's family. My SIL asked me NOT to cancel yet, on the slim chance that they still go. But their property needs to be canceled by tomorrow and I just can't see how its possible for them to pull this off. I can cancel the Diamond resort reservation right up to June 5th, so if they somehow pull it off, we can stay with them.

Yeah - its going to be tough not to stay on Disney property, but I think I'll live. I'll be back in the bubble in October.

So....back to our TR. Will Cynthia was wrapping things up at the MK, I was taking a trip back in time. Country Bears may be an MK classic, but Spaceship Earth is my Epcot classic.

Ready to go down.

Continued In Next Post........

Rise & Shine

My morning scan

All systems go!

Ok - I think that's just about enough of my future………..

I think I finally landed in the Atlantic Ocean. Usually I end up in the Gulf of Mexico or the Pacific. Yeah - I'm a little uncoordinated when it comes to using those touch pads.

After my trip into my future I decided to head over to the Festival Center. But first I grabbed a FP for Soarin with a 1:30-2:30 return time. At least that's what I think I did. If I stopped anywhere else I have no pictures to prove.

At the festival center I decided to see what was going on in the Chase lounge. Since it was still relatively early there were still same give-aways available. I had my choice between seating for Eat to the Beat and a reserved Illuminations viewing area.

I choose

After leaving the festival center I decided to head into the World showcase. It was just opening up and it seemed like as good a time as any to go check out some more booths.

As I was walking away from the festival center I ran into Christine (2excited2sleep). We decided to head over to the World showcase together. That was fun because I hadn't had much time to see C. We started over in Mexico and walked around to Italy. I had put my camera away after Spaceship earth and didn't take it back out again until Italy.

Interesting view…maybe?

It was time to break this bad boy out again and try some treats

This little tasty morsel was so good. Ravioli di Formaggio All’emiliana (Baked Cheese Ravioli, Creamy Beef Bolognese, Parmesan, Mozzarella) - $5.50,

Around this time I got a text from Cynthia that she was back in Epcot. It worked out perfectly since she got to meet C and I over in Italy. We all had a nice visit. It was a perfect day for noshing and sampling.

From Italy we headed over to the good ol' USA

It looks like some F&W related videotaping was going on

Looks like I stopped near Morocco to enjoy a little vino

Ah Morocco - how I love thee……

Up Next….. A little more F&W and saying Goodbye to Cynthia

I am so happy for you! So so happy. Your new job sounds great, I so hope everything works out smoothly and you love it. :thumbsup2 Hooray for less stress!
I'm also so happy that your June trip is back on AND you're flying. Staying outside of the bubble is always better than no trip!
Oh Spaceship Earth! Love that ride so much. Cute boyfriend there btw!
The Ravioli di Formaggio All’emiliana looks yummy.

Wonderful news about the job! :goodvibes And so glad your June trip is back on!

There's nothing like a leisurely stroll around the F&W Festival -- especially sans kids!! (Did I say that out loud??)

Kathy

Sounds like good things are heading your way. What a relief to get that load off of your mind. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

What a great update!

On all fronts, job, trip, and the actual TR update. Your plans sound fabulous and I couldn't be more thrilled about the job situation.

For some reason I am loving your SE pics at the end, classic is right even if you did end up in the middle of the ocean!

Staying anywhere is cool as long as you are at Disney, no doubt about that! So glad you don't have to wait until October :thumbsup2

That ravioli looks REALLY good right now. Well just in general but I must be hungry as I'm drooling.

It was so much fun seeing C again, that was such a lovely surprise.

At first I thought I was going to miss soccer, but hearing about Kendall's schedule makes me not miss soccer so much......:rotfl: At any rate, I wish he much success and hope that all the decisions that have to be made work out best for her. :thumbsup2

I tell you what I won't miss more than anything is the behavior of some parents at these games. It's mortifying.

What will be, will be. I'm actually not remotely stressed about any of it, though I think Jeff and K's mom may be. Things will happen how they are meant to even if it doesn't seem so at the time, I do really believe that. The cost part might really suck over the summer but hey look at it this way...no summer trip means no summer soccer drama with conflicts and sadly...there is something to be said for that.

The Spaceship Earth pictures of your future are too fun!

Congratulations on the job! :cool1: I hope it is a perfect fit for you.

Congrats on the job :) I'm so glad you and Denny get to take your vacation. I hope everything runs smoothly and you both have a wonderful time.

Nice SE pics. That ride is a must do since it's a great way to relax and cool off :)

Congrats!!!! All your good news makes me want to break out :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:!!!

Jill in CO

After all that heartache, I am glad things are starting to swing up.

Nice Morning in EPCOT. Isn't it nice when you can stroll around and just take it all in.

Nice score on the Illuminations band. :thumbsup2

Congrats on your new job! That's such great news! Great news about June as well. :goodvibes

You're making me wish I was riding Spaceship Earth this very second!

AHHH no way! I think you got a picture of Gary from the Disney Parks Blog! So cool! I think he was the one in front of the camera during the filming.

Ups & Downs

I think this is the perfect title because it applies as much to my life right now as it does to my trip report update. So here we go…….

First, I want to thank everyone for their positive thoughts and replies regarding Max, Denny, my family, my June trip and my job. My last update was a downer, but now I have some good news. On Friday I was offered a job I applied for a month ago. I am so happy and relieved. Without going into a lot of detail, it is essentially doing the same type of nurse practitioner work I do now, but at a hospital closer to home. I think its probably best not to give to many details until everything is finalized. The important part is I don't have to stress over finding a job that I don't necessary want to do. I will start my new job July 1st if all my credentialing goes through.

Congrats on the good news about the job, and your June trip being back on!!! Looks like whether on SE, or in real life, your future is looking UP!!! :banana:

Nice update! The more I ride SE, the more I like it. The past couple of times have definitely been my favorites. :thumbsup2

Congrats on the job !! I imagine that nurse practictioners are in pretty high demand. I had a nurse practictioner that I LOVED. She really listened and understood me. I was so sad and lost when she got married and moved away. I still miss her.

Anyway, I hope Denny is feeling better and that you love your new job.

We got that same thing from the Italy booth a couple of years ago and and I had to go back and get two more for the kids who LOVED it. They were disappointed that didn't have it at the Flower and Garden booths this last trip.

We've already talked on FB, but you know how happy I am that your June trip is back on. I was having major depression that I wasn't going to meet you. I'm so glad our breakfast is still on.

Love your Spaceship Earth photos, as always. And glad to see you had a "healthy and safe" trip into the future.

Mark and I never did get to sample any of the booths the one day we were there for F&G. I love the looks of that ravioli thing you got...it looks yummy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter