Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting Than You!*6/8* NEW Trip Report Link p154

Sorry I didn't do replies today. Just being lazy I guess but also bummed cause the June trip is off. Denny and I could still go on our own, but this was free lodging. I'm already borrowed into 2014 on my DVC points so that's out Not sure what we are going to do. Part of me just thinks I should save my vacation until I leave my job but Denny can't travel in July. Maybe well do something closer to home. With job uncertainty it's got to be cheap. *sigh*. I don't think I can make it to October w no va-Kay And now I'm afraid that my October trip is too long for any new job I'm starting. *double sigh*. Oh we'll, I feel like my good life is about to end. I could take vacation whenever I wanted and it was a use it or lose it deal so I was good at using it. Maybe a little too good. I guess I need to cancel my ADRs boo

I'm sorry, Mary Ellen. Remember: 1) This too shall pass. 2) Don't give up hope. You still might find an ideal job.

Sorry I didn't do replies today. Just being lazy I guess but also bummed cause the June trip is off. Denny and I could still go on our own, but this was free lodging. I'm already borrowed into 2014 on my DVC points so that's out Not sure what we are going to do. Part of me just thinks I should save my vacation until I leave my job but Denny can't travel in July. Maybe well do something closer to home. With job uncertainty it's got to be cheap. *sigh*. I don't think I can make it to October w no va-Kay And now I'm afraid that my October trip is too long for any new job I'm starting. *double sigh*. Oh we'll, I feel like my good life is about to end. I could take vacation whenever I wanted and it was a use it or lose it deal so I was good at using it. Maybe a little too good. I guess I need to cancel my ADRs boo

I'm so sorry about your job. And all the other things you're dealing with. :hug:
I hope you won't have to cancel your October trip. Usually if you tell new jobs up front about a planned vacation they're fine with it.

How is your dad doing?

You could but you'd also lose something. I mean those songs are "true" to the time period those bears represent and I don't know. Sanitize it and it kind of cheapens it.

then again....

MY WOMAN AIN'T PRETTY (BUT SHE DON'T SWEAR NONE)
Lyrics and music by Frankie Starr and Paul E. Miller

I got a woman, she's got me.
Whatever we do, we both agree.
She ain't pretty, but I ain't too.
The things we like are the things we do.

My woman ain't pretty, but she don't swear none.
She's kinda heavy, don't weigh a ton.
She's my woman, through and through.
I lover her only 'cause my heart is true.

MAMA, DON'T WHIP LITTLE BUFORD
Lyrics and music by Kenneth C. Burns and Henry D. Haynes

Mama don't whip little Buford.
Mama don't pound on his head.
Mama don't whip little Buford.
I think you should shoot him instead.

PRETTY LITTLE DEVILISH MARY
Lyrics and music by Bradley Kincaid

Hadn't been married but about two weeks,
She got as mean as the devil.
And every time I looked cross-eyed,
She'd hit me on the head with a "shevil."

and of course

ALL THE GUYS THAT TURN ME ON TURN ME DOWN
Lyrics and music by Plot and Powell

BLOOD ON THE SADDLE
Lyrics and music by Everett Cheetham

not sure you need the lyrics on those last two! :lmao:

Thanks for providing the lyrics!

I wouldn't propose changing the lyrics one iota. I think the animatronics could be improved though to make the movements look more lifelike. You know, more like how singing bears really look. ;)

Mary Ellen, this is NOT what I wanted to read!
I am so sorry your trip is off, but I hope that the job situation clears up SOON.

Lots of Pixie dust for you! pixiedust: :hug: pixiedust:

Oh Mary Ellen, I'm sorry to hear that the trip was cancelled. I'm sure that there is some worry about the right job coming along but it'll happen. God has a plan for you. Of that I am sure. I'll say a prayer that he'll reveal the plan to you sooner rather than later.

I remember when I had to cancel our May, 2008 WDW trip because of a job change. It sucked! But, I moved to a better job and, miraculously, when I mentioned to my boss that I wanted to go to Disney in August, he said "go ahead" even though I had only been working for him for just a few months.

It'll happen for you. I know it will.

another day caught up on. I will def be trying Le Frous Brew and I so want those B&B pillows but they'll take up a lot of luggage space so will have to take less clothes!

I'd def like to stay at WL one day and am a big Poly fan so lovely to see your photos.

I've never done the tikki room, might have to try that next trip but I do have a soft spot for COP.

Oh Mary Ellen, I'm sorry to hear that the trip was cancelled. I'm sure that there is some worry about the right job coming along but it'll happen. God has a plan for you. Of that I am sure. I'll say a prayer that he'll reveal the plan to you sooner rather than later.

I remember when I had to cancel our May, 2008 WDW trip because of a job change. It sucked! But, I moved to a better job and, miraculously, when I mentioned to my boss that I wanted to go to Disney in August, he said "go ahead" even though I had only been working for him for just a few months.

It'll happen for you. I know it will.

I have to echo this too, when I started at my current job (April 1 start date) I'd already had a mid April DCA trip planned and was simply upfront about it in the interview and negotiation process and it wasn't a problem. I also had a 2 week trip planned for August of that same year and just discussed it all up front.

We were able to work it out and I'm confident wherever you end up, you'll be able to as well.

I'm finally caught up!

And you didn't even know I was here. ;)

MEK, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with vacations and work. I hope it all works out for you. :grouphug:

eandesmom, I'm lovin' your part of this report as well as MEK's! Sounds like you had a lovely time together. :goodvibes

Not to hijack but...I feel your pain. K is in the same boat, literally. First "real" SAT is 5/5...should be interesting.

No hijack! Seriously. I know what you guys are going through. Been there. Done that! Not going back! :rotfl:

I know the feeling-but I can say for now- I am caught up.

Yeah! :cool1: I am having a hard time keeping up! :rotfl2:

:eek: Everyone will be singing Blood in the Saddle while following the spoon..... :lmao:

:rotfl2: OMG! too funny! :rotfl:

This had me :rotfl: Good one.

Yeah, no. Obviously I'm low on sleep and getting silly.

You don't have to be silly to find that comment freaking hysterical! :rotfl:

Goodness Mary Ellen, you have had a lot going on lately. I'll be praying that your parents make the decision to move to assisted living. I know that it has to be hard to make a decision like that. I probably feels like they are giving up their independence.

Thanks Lisa. I really appreciate all the positive thoughts. It really seems more difficult for my mom then most people. It's a constant challenge.

I'll also be praying that the right job comes along for you. Like you, I have never been without a job from the time I was just 17 years old. Hopefully, something will come along that's right up your alley.

Thank you. It is a weird feeling because I have basically been working since I got out of college. Uncomfortable is the best way I can describe it!

OK I am way way way behind, just started to catch up but still only up to the end of the party, will continue catching up in the next few days.

Welcome back stranger. So glad you are gradually getting caught up. The party was fantastic. We all really enjoyed it!

Brilliant costumes, what have you done with the feet now? Some really fab photos as well. Can't wait to go back to the party, hoping to do both next time I go, plan is to go end of October beginning of November in 2015 so we'll be able to hit halloween and christmas.

I still have my feet and my gloves AND my wig! :rotfl2: I just couldn't part with them. I'm sure I will never use them again, but I'm not ready to part with them.

You can thank Cynthia for the creative costume idea. It really was brilliant!

And yes I was trying to tell you something which you now know :goodvibes

So SO SOOOOO exciting! Congratulations!!!!!!!! :grouphug:

Cynthia - I'm so with you on CBJ! The first time I had seen it was at Disneyland as a little girl and had watched it up until they took it out in 2001. In fact, I missed it in 2001 by a few days because we were there during 9/11 and it had closed a few days before :sad2: But when I found out it was still at WDW I was extremely happy. A dated, but great show :thumbsup2

Mary Ellen - I swear, if I don't catch your update right when it happens, i'll be PAGES behind! :lmao:

You do look really great in that picture for having been running!:thumbsup2

I still haven't eaten at R&C yet (DH won't let me make an ADR:mad:) but i'm determined to get there someday.

You ladies make it really difficult to stay caught up around here!!! Still, it is great to have so much to see and enjoy when I have the chance to drop by!!!

We are a bit of a challenge, aren't we?

Not small kids, but older ones that do still like P&F, Perry the Platypus and Agent P. Doesn't mean I have to partake though does it??? :confused: I still can't imagine showing up at Animation Academy and that is the choice to try and draw............... :(

Yeah - I was pretty surprised. I thought the whole purpose was for them to have you draw the classics, but I guess the CMs must get tired of that and need a bigger variety.

That probably would have been my reaction too! :faint:

See! :rotfl:

Nice job finishing two of them! I barely have time to get one done when I have been in there. I am not normally the artsy type, but their hints do make it easier to come up with something decent. At least I was fairly pleased with my last effort............ :rolleyes1

They definitely do make it easy to draw the characters. My drawing never looks like theirs, but the resemblance is always there. :thumbsup2

Sorry about the issues with your Dad! I hope he is continuing to do better! Thoughts and prayers for Him......and for you while you try to help them through this!!! :grouphug:

Thank you! I really appreciate that. It's a tough situation and we take it day by day.

Oh yes, sounds like we would get along well!!! ::yes::

:rotfl2:

A real swinger and a high flyer!!! Can't ask for much more than that.............. :banana:

You sure can't!

Country Bears is a classic I guess I need to go see again since I hadn't been in a while! I remember thinking it was hilarious when I saw it as a child. :rotfl:

I never saw it as a child so I can't even comment. But as an adult I thought it was totally corny and I haven't been back since.

I usually like the parades at Disney, but this is one that just never did anything for me. I wouldn't mind seeing an update either.

I agree!

Yes, I also hate that feeling of leaving a park for the final time when every trip is over! :sad1:

It is so sad. So many great memories, but that feeling of knowing the trip is over and its going to be an eternity until you return is so depressing.

Wow, so much going on lately Mary Ellen! :eek: Congrats to Nick on making his decision! Sounds like it was well thought out and that should make him happy with his final choice for the long haul! :thumbsup2

I hope he loves it there. He confided in me that he knows its a good choice but he doesn't want to be stuck in Delaware the rest of his life. Kids. I know once he gets there he will feel differently.

Glad to hear that Max and Denny are both doing better. Can't wait to hear an update on the cardiologist visit!

The cardiologist looked at Denny's study and was really happy with the result of his stent. That is making Denny seem a lot more relaxed.

Sending more thoughts and prayers on your Dad's situation, the drama with the June trip, and hoping you hear great news soon on the job search!!! I'm hoping your nervousness about the job is unfounded and your decision about the earlier one proves to be a very wise one for you! :hug:

Thanks, thanks, and thanks. I now know that it's much easier to look for a new job when you HAVE a job.

Probably make it slightly easier to take all those Disney trips I would love to make. :lmao:

A heck of a lot easier. :rotfl:

He's solid and dependable, I'll have to give him that! Of course, those are also really good characteristics for a truck too. :rolleyes:

A truck? Now you are comparing Bo to a TRUCK????? For shame! :rotfl:

Your run pics turned out really good! I think I would have been bent double if it had been me. :worship:

Maybe I'm not running hard enough. :rotfl2:

Okay you sold me........I need to add this to my must do list!!!

Well, according to the experts they have stopped the segway tours. How sad. They really were fun. Expensive, but fun!

Some really great pics, even before knowing they were done on your iphone. :thumbsup2

Thanks. I love how they turned out.

Those are some definite classics!!!

I can hear it now...........plunk.............bloooood.....on the saddle!!! :rotfl2:

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Ladies, my deepest apologies for being behind again. As I posted in my PTR, things have been nuts since we got back and we had a full house this weekend.

Kathy - you never have to apologize for getting behind because you are never that far behind. And I know you have a lot going on - its a busy time for your family.

I've caught up on your updates and, as always, loving the pictures and the fun you two are having together.

Such a fun trip. I just love F&W!

MEK, I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed and sending lots of pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: for a new job soon.

Thanks Kathy. Keep those toes and fingers crossed - I need all the good luck I can get. :thumbsup2

can I just say holy crap! I wish i looked that good while running!

:rotfl: Thanks!

how funny that i just wanted to start by saying "Holy Crap" and saw that cheekypoppins beat me to it. :lmao::lmao:

You guys are too kind. Clearly I wasn't pushing myself hard enough because I don't have the sweaty face disheveled. :rotfl:

Wow ME! when it rains it pours.

Yes. Yes, it does!

and raining some more

Weird how everything is happening at once.

WE haven't been back to see this since our first trip in 2007, but we did put it on the list for this year. I am okay with seeing it every 6 or 7 years :)

That's better than my 20 years. :rotfl:

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/URL]
so funny - you did take and post a few pics for being sick of it:rotfl2:

It's a DIS duty to take pictures of everything, including parades you don't "love". :rolleyes1

I just love watching parades, and do a lot of people watching during the parades too. It was something free that my family could do whenever possible growing up, so that memory just sticks with me.

Parades are so engaging. I am always amazed at the energy of the performers, especially in the heat.

Love how these last photos turned out. Great color choice for the day!

I love those pictures. The orange is perfect.

again, HOLY CRAP on everything going on with you.

I almost feel weird talking about it because it must seem like I'm exaggerating. :laughing:

So glad that Nick decided on U D. Good school, and it fits the budget, too!

I think its a good choice. I'm happy with the outcome.

I know Denny's appt was yesterday (or today?) so hoping that it went well.

It did go well. The cardiologist is pleased with the stent result.

So rough when your parents reach that age. You're right, they would be better off in assisted living, but they won't see it that way. Not unless someone in the medical profession who is not related to them can convince them. Sigh.

I don't even think a non related medical professional can convince my mom. Believe me, it was take an act of God.

I hope that your brother & SIL can sort out the June trip. It does not sound promising.

Nope - not promising at all.

I hope you get the offer!! and I hope it has the same flexibility. When I was laid off in '09, I found a job within a few weeks, but the flexibility was zero (and I knew that with a young daughter that I really really had to have it or I would just be a bad employee. That combined with the number of smokers & smoke breaks that happened there (crazy for the size of the office) I knew it was not the job for me. Several times I kicked myself because it was decent money, but I know too that there have been quite a few things that I was able to attend and/or handle with Katie that I would not have been able to if I had kept that job. So, what I am trying to say is you have to go with your gut.

Thanks for sharing your job hunt story with me. I'm so glad it had a happy ending and you were able to find a job that's a good fit. That's so awesome. Flexibility means a lot.

I like DHS after dark -all the neon lights.

Me too! It's so pretty.

Pretty good for a mid run! where's the red face and sweaty forehead! you've set the standard WAY too high!

:rotfl2: Pure luck! A fluke, for sure!

Ireland? Why don't I remember ever seeing this?
was this just for F&W?

Yes - just for F&W. Cute little building.

Its weird how empty your photos are!

I know. It's cook, isn't it?

great shots!

Thanks. I am really pleased with how well they turned out.

almost, but NOT :crazy2: LOL

Yes - the key word is "almost"

this looks interesting! thanks for the info

I know - how cool is that. What a great idea.

:lmao:LOVE this!

:worship: I know. I was freaking dying when I read that the first time. :rotfl2:

Whew! Took me the entire day (off and on) but I did it! I read the entire report!

This is making me so excited for my Sisters-Only trip in October -- adult trips are definitely special!

Cynthia, I'm on pins and needles to see which t-shirts make it into your shopping bag!

Mary Ellen, I hope everything works out with your job. I quit mine after 11 years and couldn't find another position I liked for quite some time. Feels so strange to be a nurse who is unable to find a job! :confused3 That's what happens when you specialize...

You were spot-on about insisting that Denny get that stress test... so glad he is okay!

Kathy

Hope you don't have to cancel your October trip Mary Ellen:grouphug:I have been under the weather the past week and not dissing too much. Finally made a Doctor appointment for tomorrow . I am not taking any risks with not getting theis taken care of before my cruise !!

I am fianlly caught up. I did skip a lot of the chit chat.

I am so glad College is decided on.
I am hoping everything looks up for Denny from here on out. What a scare that was.

I hope you find your perfect job very soon. Good things come to those who wait...I know you are smart and terrific and you should find something soon.

What a bummer about your summer trip. I have anxiety, but never enough to stop traveling...I actually get it when I don't travel. :rotfl2:
My grandmother was that way though and my grandpa finally just said, I am leaving at this time and if you are going be in the car and she would miraculously be there. It's too bad your brither has tha, but if I was SIL, I would still go.

Loving the updates!
I am not a fan of the Country bears, but Skip loves them. He loves that blood in a bucket song. :crazy2: It's the one thing he most remembers from his childhood trip. He now takes Claire in it when we go. I have seen int once or twice and no need for me to rush back. :rolleyes2
I do like that it is still there and a classic though. I think some of the bears recently got a makeover, which was good because they were looking pretty sad last time I went.

MEK, you got some fabulous running pictures with photopass. If that was me, I would look half dead.....because I would be since I just don't run. :p

I'm here! (Better late than never!) :snail:

Thank Goodness you have post links; I'm diving in right now!!

Kathy

Whew! Took me the entire day (off and on) but I did it! I read the entire report!

This is making me so excited for my Sisters-Only trip in October -- adult trips are definitely special!

Cynthia, I'm on pins and needles to see which t-shirts make it into your shopping bag!

Mary Ellen, I hope everything works out with your job. I quit mine after 11 years and couldn't find another position I liked for quite some time. Feels so strange to be a nurse who is unable to find a job! :confused3 That's what happens when you specialize...

You were spot-on about insisting that Denny get that stress test... so glad he is okay!

Kathy

Kathys back!!!! So good to "see" you. Missed you around here.

I still have my feet and my gloves AND my wig! :rotfl2: I just couldn't part with them. I'm sure I will never use them again, but I'm not ready to part with them.

You can thank Cynthia for the creative costume idea. It really was brilliant!

I still have mine too!!! :blush:

Another day caught up on, i'm getting there! I'd really like to stay at the Boardwalk one day and spend more time in that area. As a past Disney Bride I can agree that they do a wonderful job. I don't know if anyone else answered but The Attic is a location for wedding receptions or other events. You can see some photos here: http://disneytravelbabble.com/disney-weddings/wdw-venue-photos/attic/

I feel for you getting ill just before the fireworks, thats happened to me as well. Where's Captains Grille you mentioned?

I fell just few pages behind... like 8 or so.. :rotfl: I wish I could just play on dis... but then I would get nothing else done.:confused3

Mary Ellen, I hope that both your mil and your dad are doing better. Isn't it funny/odd... getting older and now being the one who has to worry about your parents rather than your parent worrying about you. (not that a parent ever stops worrying about their child... but you know what I mean)

:cool1: and congrats to Nick on his decision!

:thumbsup2 glad to hear that Max is doing better.

Also glad Denny is doing better. I imagine you are quite the asset to him.

I wish the June trip could have been worked out. Nothing more sad than canceling a trip. :sad2:

I am so sorry about how stressful your job situation must be!!! I definitely will keep you in my prayers. :goodvibes

LOVE the running pic! It definitely turned out good!!!

What great shots in WS! I take it that it was not yet open?

Cynthia, I am not sure why... but I LOVE the bears! The weird songs... they just crack me up. Also.. the animatronics while are not the best make me feel just a bit nostalgic.

I agree with you regarding the parade in that... it needs to be updated. I do enjoy it... but you are right... it seems to ALWAYS be going on...and has each and ever trip that I have taken.

:eek: those crowds definitely were on the high side...

Love the windows on Main st.

Sorry it was the last of your MK moments... that is always rough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter