Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting Than You!*6/8* NEW Trip Report Link p154

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by MEK, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Captain_Oblivious

Captain_Oblivious DIS Dad #257

I'm sorry, Mary Ellen. Remember: 1) This too shall pass. 2) Don't give up hope. You still might find an ideal job.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Pinkocto

Pinkocto DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry about your job. And all the other things you're dealing with. :hug:
    I hope you won't have to cancel your October trip. Usually if you tell new jobs up front about a planned vacation they're fine with it.

How is your dad doing?

4. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Thanks for providing the lyrics!

I wouldn't propose changing the lyrics one iota. I think the animatronics could be improved though to make the movements look more lifelike. You know, more like how singing bears really look. ;)

5. dizneeat

dizneeat DIS Veteran

Mary Ellen, this is NOT what I wanted to read!
    I am so sorry your trip is off, but I hope that the job situation clears up SOON.

Lots of Pixie dust for you! pixiedust: :hug: pixiedust:

6. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

Oh Mary Ellen, I'm sorry to hear that the trip was cancelled. I'm sure that there is some worry about the right job coming along but it'll happen. God has a plan for you. Of that I am sure. I'll say a prayer that he'll reveal the plan to you sooner rather than later.

I remember when I had to cancel our May, 2008 WDW trip because of a job change. It sucked! But, I moved to a better job and, miraculously, when I mentioned to my boss that I wanted to go to Disney in August, he said "go ahead" even though I had only been working for him for just a few months.

It'll happen for you. I know it will.

7. Chilly

Chilly RIP Tag Fairy

another day caught up on. I will def be trying Le Frous Brew and I so want those B&B pillows but they'll take up a lot of luggage space so will have to take less clothes!

I'd def like to stay at WL one day and am a big Poly fan so lovely to see your photos.

I've never done the tikki room, might have to try that next trip but I do have a soft spot for COP.

8. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

I have to echo this too, when I started at my current job (April 1 start date) I'd already had a mid April DCA trip planned and was simply upfront about it in the interview and negotiation process and it wasn't a problem. I also had a 2 week trip planned for August of that same year and just discussed it all up front.

We were able to work it out and I'm confident wherever you end up, you'll be able to as well.

9. TarzansKat

TarzansKat Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

I'm finally caught up!

And you didn't even know I was here. ;)

MEK, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with vacations and work. I hope it all works out for you. :grouphug:

eandesmom, I'm lovin' your part of this report as well as MEK's! Sounds like you had a lovely time together. :goodvibes

10. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

No hijack! Seriously. I know what you guys are going through. Been there. Done that! Not going back! :rotfl:

Yeah! :cool1: I am having a hard time keeping up! :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: OMG! too funny! :rotfl:

You don't have to be silly to find that comment freaking hysterical! :rotfl:

Thanks Lisa. I really appreciate all the positive thoughts. It really seems more difficult for my mom then most people. It's a constant challenge.

Thank you. It is a weird feeling because I have basically been working since I got out of college. Uncomfortable is the best way I can describe it!

Welcome back stranger. So glad you are gradually getting caught up. The party was fantastic. We all really enjoyed it!

I still have my feet and my gloves AND my wig! :rotfl2: I just couldn't part with them. I'm sure I will never use them again, but I'm not ready to part with them.

You can thank Cynthia for the creative costume idea. It really was brilliant!

So SO SOOOOO exciting! Congratulations!!!!!!!! :grouphug:

11. Leshaface

Leshaface DIS Veteran

Cynthia - I'm so with you on CBJ! The first time I had seen it was at Disneyland as a little girl and had watched it up until they took it out in 2001. In fact, I missed it in 2001 by a few days because we were there during 9/11 and it had closed a few days before :sad2: But when I found out it was still at WDW I was extremely happy. A dated, but great show :thumbsup2

Mary Ellen - I swear, if I don't catch your update right when it happens, i'll be PAGES behind! :lmao:

You do look really great in that picture for having been running!:thumbsup2

I still haven't eaten at R&C yet (DH won't let me make an ADR:mad:) but i'm determined to get there someday.

12. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

We are a bit of a challenge, aren't we?

Yeah - I was pretty surprised. I thought the whole purpose was for them to have you draw the classics, but I guess the CMs must get tired of that and need a bigger variety.

See! :rotfl:

They definitely do make it easy to draw the characters. My drawing never looks like theirs, but the resemblance is always there. :thumbsup2

Thank you! I really appreciate that. It's a tough situation and we take it day by day.

:rotfl2:

You sure can't!

I never saw it as a child so I can't even comment. But as an adult I thought it was totally corny and I haven't been back since.

I agree!

It is so sad. So many great memories, but that feeling of knowing the trip is over and its going to be an eternity until you return is so depressing.

I hope he loves it there. He confided in me that he knows its a good choice but he doesn't want to be stuck in Delaware the rest of his life. Kids. I know once he gets there he will feel differently.

The cardiologist looked at Denny's study and was really happy with the result of his stent. That is making Denny seem a lot more relaxed.

Thanks, thanks, and thanks. I now know that it's much easier to look for a new job when you HAVE a job.

A heck of a lot easier. :rotfl:

13. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

A truck? Now you are comparing Bo to a TRUCK????? For shame! :rotfl:

Maybe I'm not running hard enough. :rotfl2:

Well, according to the experts they have stopped the segway tours. How sad. They really were fun. Expensive, but fun!

Thanks. I love how they turned out.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Kathy - you never have to apologize for getting behind because you are never that far behind. And I know you have a lot going on - its a busy time for your family.

Such a fun trip. I just love F&W!

Thanks Kathy. Keep those toes and fingers crossed - I need all the good luck I can get. :thumbsup2

14. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

:rotfl: Thanks!

You guys are too kind. Clearly I wasn't pushing myself hard enough because I don't have the sweaty face disheveled. :rotfl:

Yes. Yes, it does!

Weird how everything is happening at once.

That's better than my 20 years. :rotfl:

It's a DIS duty to take pictures of everything, including parades you don't "love". :rolleyes1

Parades are so engaging. I am always amazed at the energy of the performers, especially in the heat.

I love those pictures. The orange is perfect.

I almost feel weird talking about it because it must seem like I'm exaggerating. :laughing:

I think its a good choice. I'm happy with the outcome.

[quote="Moira222, post: 48201021"]
    [SIZE=4]I know Denny's appt was yesterday (or [SIZE=4]today?) so hop[SIZE=4]ing that[SIZE=4] it went well.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/QUOTE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]

It did go well. The cardiologist is pleased with the stent result.

[SIZE=4]So rough when your parents reach that age. [SIZE=4]You're right, they would be [SIZE=4]bett[SIZE=4]er off in assist[SIZE=4]ed living,[SIZE=4] but they won't see it that way. Not unless someone in the medical profession [U]who is not related[/U] to them can con[SIZE=4]vince them. Sigh. [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/QUOTE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]

I don't even think a non related medical professional can convince my mom. Believe me, it was take an act of God.

[SIZE=4]I hope that your brother & SIL can sort ou[SIZE=4]t the June trip. It does not sound promising. [/SIZE][/SIZE][/QUOTE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]

Nope - not promising at all.

I hope you get the offer!! [SIZE=4]and I hope it has the same f[SIZE=4]lex[SIZE=4]ibility. [SIZE=4]When I was laid off in '09, I found a job within a few weeks, but the flexi[SIZE=4]bility was zero (and I knew that with a youn[SIZE=4]g daughter that I really really had to have it or I would just be a bad employee. That combined with the number of smokers & smoke breaks that happened there (crazy for the size of the office) I knew it was [SIZE=4]not the job for me. Several times I[SIZE=4] kicked mys[SIZE=4]elf be[SIZE=4]cause it was decent money, but I know too that there have been quite a few [SIZE=4]thi[SIZE=4]ngs that I was able to attend an[SIZE=4]d/[SIZE=4]or handle with Katie that I would not [SIZE=4]have been able to if I had kept that job. [SIZE=4]So, what I am trying to say is you have to go with your gut. [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [/quote][/SIZE][quote="Moira222, post: 48201021"][/quote][/SIZE][quote="Moira222, post: 48201021"][/quote][/SIZE][quote="Moira222, post: 48201021"][/quote][/SIZE][quote="Moira222, post: 48201021"][/quote][/SIZE][quote="Moira222, post: 48201021"][/quote][/SIZE][quote="Moira222, post: 48201021"][/quote][/SIZE][quote="Moira222, post: 48201021"][/quote][/SIZE][quote="Moira222, post: 48201021"][/quote][/SIZE][quote="Moira222, post: 48201021"][/quote][/SIZE][quote="Moira222, post: 48201021"][/quote][/SIZE][quote="Moira222, post: 48201021"][/quote][/SIZE][quote="Moira222, post: 48201021"][/quote][/SIZE][quote="Moira222, post: 48201021"][/quote]

Thanks for sharing your job hunt story with me. I'm so glad it had a happy ending and you were able to find a job that's a good fit. That's so awesome. Flexibility means a lot.

Me too! It's so pretty.

:rotfl2: Pure luck! A fluke, for sure!

Yes - just for F&W. Cute little building.

I know. It's cook, isn't it?

Thanks. I am really pleased with how well they turned out.

Yes - the key word is "almost"

I know - how cool is that. What a great idea.

:worship: I know. I was freaking dying when I read that the first time. :rotfl2:

15. KathyRN137

KathyRN137 ...and the greatest of these is Love

Whew! Took me the entire day (off and on) but I did it! I read the entire report!

This is making me so excited for my Sisters-Only trip in October -- adult trips are definitely special!

Cynthia, I'm on pins and needles to see which t-shirts make it into your shopping bag!

Mary Ellen, I hope everything works out with your job. I quit mine after 11 years and couldn't find another position I liked for quite some time. Feels so strange to be a nurse who is unable to find a job! :confused3 That's what happens when you specialize...

You were spot-on about insisting that Denny get that stress test... so glad he is okay!

Kathy

16. englishrose47

englishrose47 DIS Veteran

Hope you don't have to cancel your October trip Mary Ellen:grouphug:I have been under the weather the past week and not dissing too much. Finally made a Doctor appointment for tomorrow . I am not taking any risks with not getting theis taken care of before my cruise !!

17. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

I am fianlly caught up. I did skip a lot of the chit chat.

I am so glad College is decided on.
    I am hoping everything looks up for Denny from here on out. What a scare that was.

I hope you find your perfect job very soon. Good things come to those who wait...I know you are smart and terrific and you should find something soon.

What a bummer about your summer trip. I have anxiety, but never enough to stop traveling...I actually get it when I don't travel. :rotfl2:
    My grandmother was that way though and my grandpa finally just said, I am leaving at this time and if you are going be in the car and she would miraculously be there. It's too bad your brither has tha, but if I was SIL, I would still go.

Loving the updates!
    I am not a fan of the Country bears, but Skip loves them. He loves that blood in a bucket song. :crazy2: It's the one thing he most remembers from his childhood trip. He now takes Claire in it when we go. I have seen int once or twice and no need for me to rush back. :rolleyes2
    I do like that it is still there and a classic though. I think some of the bears recently got a makeover, which was good because they were looking pretty sad last time I went.

MEK, you got some fabulous running pictures with photopass. If that was me, I would look half dead.....because I would be since I just don't run. :p

18. Poolrat

Poolrat I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.

Kathys back!!!! So good to "see" you. Missed you around here.

I still have mine too!!! :blush:

19. Chilly

Chilly RIP Tag Fairy

Another day caught up on, i'm getting there! I'd really like to stay at the Boardwalk one day and spend more time in that area. As a past Disney Bride I can agree that they do a wonderful job. I don't know if anyone else answered but The Attic is a location for wedding receptions or other events. You can see some photos here: http://disneytravelbabble.com/disney-weddings/wdw-venue-photos/attic/

I feel for you getting ill just before the fireworks, thats happened to me as well. Where's Captains Grille you mentioned?

20. annmarieda

annmarieda DIS Veteran

I fell just few pages behind... like 8 or so.. :rotfl: I wish I could just play on dis... but then I would get nothing else done.:confused3

Mary Ellen, I hope that both your mil and your dad are doing better. Isn't it funny/odd... getting older and now being the one who has to worry about your parents rather than your parent worrying about you. (not that a parent ever stops worrying about their child... but you know what I mean)

:cool1: and congrats to Nick on his decision!

:thumbsup2 glad to hear that Max is doing better.

Also glad Denny is doing better. I imagine you are quite the asset to him.

I wish the June trip could have been worked out. Nothing more sad than canceling a trip. :sad2:

I am so sorry about how stressful your job situation must be!!! I definitely will keep you in my prayers. :goodvibes

LOVE the running pic! It definitely turned out good!!!

What great shots in WS! I take it that it was not yet open?

Cynthia, I am not sure why... but I LOVE the bears! The weird songs... they just crack me up. Also.. the animatronics while are not the best make me feel just a bit nostalgic.

I agree with you regarding the parade in that... it needs to be updated. I do enjoy it... but you are right... it seems to ALWAYS be going on...and has each and ever trip that I have taken.

:eek: those crowds definitely were on the high side...

Love the windows on Main st.

Sorry it was the last of your MK moments... that is always rough.

21. Mndisneygirl

Mndisneygirl DIS Veteran