Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting Than You!*6/8* NEW Trip Report Link p154

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by MEK, Dec 17, 2012.

1. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

I'm with everyone else. With or without the hat, your firework pictures are just incredible! The colors of the fireworks and castle are spectacular!

I do love the freedom that digital photography provides over film (although I was dragged kicking and screaming to digital). You can snap away and ask questions later, only limited by battery life and SD card space.

Hope your mom is feeling better. Back pain is a pain in the butt! Sending healing thoughts her way.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

All three of us had a great time! It was actually a surprise to Cynthia and I how much we got to hang out with Pat. If she hadn't left we she did (stupid work) we would have definitely been a threesome through the whole trip!

Glad you are enjoying the trip so far. I have to say it really was one of my best trips ever because everything just felt so spontaneous. I loved that!

Well, obviously I didn't notice that hat at the time I was taking the pictures or I know I would have moved somewhere, anywhere.......:rotfl: Glad you like the pix. I am sure that Cynthia and Pat both have some good ones to add. I know Cynthia got some spectacular ones on her phone.

Just you wait - my all time best EVER HM picture was taken on my last night. So you have a little waiting to do! :rolleyes1

4. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

Thank you! She really missed up her back. She's in a lot of pain and she's stubborn so she won't do want the doctor tells her to do. So frustrating. :headache: Thank you for your concern!

Thanks so much! She is still really in a lot of pain. Took her to the doctor's yesterday and now she is going to stay with my brother until she can get more comfortable.

I totally agree. I absolutely LOVE the parade and the fireworks. They are awesome. So glad you like the pictures! Thanks for the compliment!

Thanks! And by all means - start that October TR! I love reliving the party. I actually don't remember all the pictures I take until I repost them. It's so fun to see them again! I think that's an awesome pattern - really perfect. I think you are on to something!

I heard about the horse falling and I'm actually surprised that doesn't happen more. It looks dangerous. Cynthia did a great job capturing the ghost of the headless horseman!

Thanks! She's really struggling right now and if she doesn't improve I think she's definitely going to need an MRI!

5. teekathepony

teekathepony DIS Veteran

Yikes! Hope your mom recovers soon Mary Ellen! Back/neck injuries are not something to take lightly.

6. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

:lmao: If it had been that pink hat again I would have really been losing it! :laughing:

I can't even imagine taking a fraction of that many photos pre digital. I never even liked to take pictures back than because I always felt like every picture that didn't turn out was a waste of money. And 36 shots per roll? What? I can tak that many pictures in about 10 minutes. :rotfl: Glad you like the photos!

Let's just say I used a few choice words while editing those photos. :rolleyes1

Why, yes, I do believe that was tinkerbell hanging out with KISS. I guess that was their attempt to make their costumes more Disney friendly. :rolleyes1

Thanks so much Karin. She is still hurting pretty bad and in spasm but is so reluctant to take medication or even to try heat or BenGay. So frustrating. :headache:

Thanks Rosie. It's tough for her to be that uncomfortable because she is my dad's primary care taker. She has help, but even with help she needs more now at night time.

And you don't want me to get a cramp in my hand from all that photo posting! So glad you like the pictures. I am pretty pleased with how they turned out. We really lucked out with a great viewing spot.

I would LOVE that. How fun would it be? It would be fun to follow crazy DISers like us! :rotfl:

It was pretty cool when people realized who we were. That was fun!

You would LOVE it! It's a great party! Nothing else out there like it!

Hmmmmm......wouldn't you like to know? :rotfl: I am certain it was one of the many flavors of rum in our room!

:rotfl:

Thank you so much! We had such a great viewing spot. And the lighting was good, so that definitely helped. Can't wait to see Cynthia's.

Amen! If it wasn't for digital I probably never would have gotten into photography. I just feel like the applications are limitless. Edit. Redit. It's all so creative to me.

Thanks Dee. She is really uncomfortable. I spent the last two nights there and now she is going to my brothers. I just wish she could get out of spasm, but she's stubborn and she doesn't like to try a lot of meds or non-medication interventions.

Thanks and I know. I just hope she is able to pull through this and it isn't masking a more serious problem. Thanks for the good thoughts!

7. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Despite "the hat", your firework pictures are outstanding as always.

I can't get over that guy with the shoes (I'm assuming it's a guy). :crazy2:

You got some pretty good shots at the Haunted Mansion as well.

I can't wait to see if you make it for the party the rest of the night.

8. petals

petals Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Luvin the castle pics even with the hat. The colours in them a fab :)

9. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

Thanks! That darn hat! :rotfl:

Those shoes are crazy. Where does one find platform shoes nowadays? Just curious. :rotfl:

Thanks! I love me some Haunted Mansion and I can never seem to put the camera completely away.

Let's just say that I had a few moments. :lmao:

Thanks! That castle was just amazing and we had such a good view with lots of lighting. It made it impossible not to take a ton of pictures.

10. englishrose47

englishrose47 DIS Veteran

Just keeping up!!!

11. Poolrat

Poolrat I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.

I took way too many pictures too!!!! :lmao:

I have this from the Villian Mix and Mingle.

Looks like the queen is floating

[​IMG]

pumpkins on the castle

[​IMG]

Cue the hat
    [​IMG]

I like the sequence of these.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and 1 more with the hat...

[​IMG]

12. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Great pictures, Pat. :thumbsup2

13. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

On a business trip so it's mucked up my week a bit but hoping to get my update up soon!!!

14. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

love this one!!

15. Disney9.9.10

Disney9.9.10 DIS Veteran

Great photos of the villains show and hallowishes!! I love them. My husband is a HUGE Kiss fan, and he would probably be upset to know that I made him dress up as Captain Hook when we went to MNSSHP and others are allowed to dress up as band members :rotfl2:

16. khertz

khertz Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Great Hallowishes photos!! But I can see where that hat was pretty annoying. :rotfl: You still got some pretty amazing shots though, so don't be too upset about that darn hat.

Sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she decided to go get checked out!

17. GoofyFan1515

GoofyFan1515 IMO, this new DIS is horrible! More chore than fun

Disney trips are always great! Pleasant surprises added in just make them even more special! :cool1:

Funny how I can often capture better pics when I forgot my camera and use my phone in a pinch. Can't wait to see Cynthia's! And I'm guessing Pat really did get some spectacular pictures too! :goodvibes

And no, I didn't read ahead.........really I didn't! What would make you think I read ahead??? :rotfl2:

Ooooo......the drama......the suspense!!! :hyper:

Were any of them "sackum" and "frackum".......??? :rotfl:

But it might also be crazy following fun DISers too!!! :confused3

I have to admit I would not have been one of them. I probably would have opted for Huey, Dewey and Louie.........

in drag??? :blush:

:drinking1 :banana:

Why is the rum always..................delicious???

Spectacular picture Pat!!! ::yes::

Great fireworks shot (maybe even spectacular)! And look at that cool hat in the bottom right corner!!! :woohoo:

Love the sequence with the series of exploding fireworks too!!!

But I think you took it a little too far with that final "hat" picture....... :lmao:

18. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

I love all the firework shots hat and all. But I would've been annoyed by the hat too.

19. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

Right on Rosie!!!!!! More soon!

I love this picture! That's really great!

I totally agree!

I think I'll post my pictures from the end of the party and then let you get caught up before I go ahead.

It's awesome!

OMG - well then don't let him see those pictures! :rotfl2: But now you can use that idea for a costume for the next time you go! You can be Tinkerbell and he can be Gene Simmons! :rotfl2:

Thanks! Yeah - the hat got a little annoying, for sure! But it could have been a lot worse, that's for sure!

Thank you! She did and she is recuperating at my brother's house now.

I totally agree!

I use my phone in a pinch, too and I use it a lot for food pictures. It's a lot less obtrusive!

:rotfl2: I hope the picture is as good as I remember. :rotfl2:

Those and a few others. :rotfl:

No doubt!

Rum just has those medicinal properties that make everything better!

It really is!

I thought Pat was to my right, but clearly she was not. So much for my memory!

Thank! Knowing you, you would have totally found a way around that hat! :thumbsup2

20. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

Cynthia mentioned above that she is on a business trip, so I am going ahead with my next update and then I'll let her catch up.

So now I present........

Enchanted Tales With Belle

In my last update we had just watched the fireworks, ridden the Hidden Mansion, had some grub at Pecos Bill and made away over to Fantasyland. While we were checking out the outside of Be Our Guest we noticed a line outside of Belle's House. Apparently there was a soft opening for Enchanted Tales With Belle, so we hopped in line and followed the crowd.

Entering the attraction

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I seriously hit the wall here so I don't remember what was going on all that well, but I believe we were in a little ante-room with a CM who was explaining the attraction.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then, I think, we walked through here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the next room one of the focal points was the cupboard

[​IMG]

Here's where the story started with different people in the group taking different roles in the story

[​IMG]

Details……

Rug on the wall

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then, finally, we got to see Belle herself

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

May and June are blocking my view. Actually, truth be known, I was sitting behind them because there was enough bench available that I could actually lie down for a few minutes. Yup, I was fading FAST! Not one of my finer moments.

[​IMG]

So what did I think of Belle's Tales. I didn't really get it. Maybe because I was tired. Maybe because I've seen Beauty and the Beast once. Maybe because it was poorly conceived. I don't know. But to me, it was sort of a sleeper. I surely wouldn't stand in a long line for it. Hopefully Pat or Cynthia will have a better assessment of the attraction.

I don't even remember how many people got picked to participate. All I know is it seemed awkward.

I found some PP pix of this attraction. I swear they are the same people who were in our group so maybe we had our PP card swiped while we were in there and got pictures of random people with Belle.

Continued in the Next Post.......

21. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

Continued.........

Here are the PP pix of our group

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This little guy in really cute

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Did this guest actually volunteer or was he forced into it?

[​IMG]

What about this one?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The better to see you with my dear.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will admit - he sure does look happy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now this little guy doesn't look completely sure

[​IMG]

This little girl needs some sleep

[​IMG]

In a boy's dream

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh Belle, why can't I take you home with me tonight?

[​IMG]

I'll get you my pretty....muhahahahaha

[​IMG]

Guy on the left (Thank goodness I agreed to wear this makeup so no one recognizes me)

[​IMG]

Is it really bad that I just posted 21 pictures of totally random people that were in this attraction with me????? :confused3

NAHHHHHHHHHHH!

Continued in Next Post.........