Sooze's Surprise Trip for DS's 8th UPDATE! p.20 #287 11/3 Link to New TR p.19

Can't wait to read all about it! One day I'd like to take each of my kids solo....:cloud9:

yah so that means when i get back on monday, there will be part 1, 2, and 3 up already.
:banana: :laughing:

Wow! Thanks everyone! No pressure to get this going, eh?;) As soon as the kiddos are in bed, I'll get going. So check back in the morning if you're not a night owl!

WElcome home!

YAY!!! Glad you made it home safely. Can't wait to start reading all about it. SO EXCITED!! :banana: :3dglasses popcorn::

Welcome back! :hug:

Welcome back? Where have I been?

I guess I'll be around for the trip report.....:thumbsup2
Yeah, seriously, where have you been? Just kidding.. it was kind of a lame PTR.. hopefully the TR will be better!!

Can't wait for your report Sooze!

Allyson

Can't wait to read all about it! One day I'd like to take each of my kids solo....:cloud9:

yah so that means when i get back on monday, there will be part 1, 2, and 3 up already.
:banana: :laughing:
Yeah... sure.... But I'll try anyway!

Welcome home Sooze! Eager to read all about it!

Welcome Home Sooze!!!:cool1: I can't wait to hear all about it!!:goodvibes

We had made a pretty uneventful trip into Atlanta on Thursday, July 10. We hit 4 traffic jams (3 of which were in Atlanta....) which added an extra hour to the trip. Add in some bathroom stops and food breaks, and our 8 hour drive turned to 10.

Just a tidbit.. we had barely crossed the Kentucky border when Tyson realized that Atlanta was pretty darn close to Florida. "We should go to Disney World, Mom!".... Yes honey... we should!

We spent a boring day with the family on Friday, July 11. Saw WallE for the 2nd time (Tyson's 4th!) and did some shopping. Just couldn't WAIT to get out of there and get on our way to DISNEY!!

Saturday morning, July 12... Ty and I were up bright and early. He kept asking me, "Where are we going, ma?" I said, "I'll give you a hint when we get in the car." So we pack everything up (I had a secret Disney suitcase already to go) and were on our way by 7:30am. We had barely pulled out of the driveway when he asked for the clue.

I said, 'Look at our shirts, hon'. We both had on "Carolina Crown" t-shirts (The drum and bugle corps DH teaches) Ty didn't make any connection. I basically had to tell him that we were going to see Daddy's drum corps!! Yes!! We are driving another 7 hours to see DADDY!! Isn't that AWESOME BUDDY?!?!:banana: :banana:

... ... ... ...
insert chirping crickets here
... ... ... ...

He was so bummed. He said, "is that all?":rolleyes1

Seriously, would I REALLY drive 7 hours just to see one drum corps show? Not any more I wouldn't... but Ty didn't know that!

After a bit, we settled in and I told him to enjoy our little "Mommy and TyTy" time. We had fun watching movies and playing games. We listened to 3 Junie B. Jones books on tape... that was cool.

Finally, we saw it...
08DisneySurprise002.jpg

Look closer.. it's the "Welcome to Florida" sign!

08DisneySurprise004.jpg

We stopped for the complimentary juice:
08DisneySurprise006.jpg

Then headed down the blessed penninsula that is Florida. The drive really went fast. It's amazing how relaxing it can be without a 2-year-old demanding your constant attention... tho' both Tyson and I realized we missed our little Shae Shae many times during the trip!

Soon, we arrived at our EconoLodge hotel on International Ave near Universal Studios. (Thanks for the advice, V... we steered clear of downtown Orlando!) We had plenty of time to check in, swim, and get ready to head to the show. Tyson LOVED the hotel. He kept saying how awesome it was!! I was very happy to see that we don't have the child COMPLETELY spoiled with our DVC resorts!! I guess any hotel that has a pool is cool to a kid! I also enjoyed watching him make friends easily with some kids there. I actually got to relax in a chair.. what a concept!
08DisneySurprise008.jpg

My view:
08DisneySurprise009.jpg

08DisneySurprise010.jpg

08DisneySurprise015.jpg

08DisneySurprise011.jpg

08DisneySurprise012.jpg

Making friends:
08DisneySurprise016.jpg

We got dressed and found our way to the Citrus Bowl. Parking was easy and we found Matt very quickly. He looked great... all tanned and losing weight (he always does during tour.. not a lot of food around to snack on, and plenty of time to run). We hung out during Carolina Crown's visual warm up. Then Ty and I headed inside for some nasty stadium dogs and root beer. We finally sat down to watch the last 4 corps (I've been around the activity for a LONG time. I just can't sit through many groups any more.. it gets old to me and I lose interest.. I've just become bitter I guess!)

Here is Ty cheering on the Crown team!
08DisneySurprise003.jpg

The cool thing about the night was that Carolina Crown was trying to top a corps from Pennsylvania, the Cadets. This is a corps that has been around a LONG time and has won many, many world championships. Crown had never beaten them. Well, guess what?!? They DID that night! The Pixie dust had drifted over to the Citrus Bowl that night! Matt was on :cloud9: his corps had just won and he was heading to Disney the next day!:woohoo:

We had to wait FOREVER for Matt to get out of there. I just wanted to get back to our nasty hotel, get to sleep, and get up the next day!!! I couldn't wait!!

FINALLY, at almost MIDNIGHT, we were on our way. A quick drive to the hotel was followed by an even quicker trip to the pillows... we were OUT! Although Matt had a hard time getting to sleep.. too excited! Me, on the other hand... OUT!!

Tune in for the next episode when we reveal to Ty that we really ARE going to Disney!!

Wow!!! Yay for DH winning the championship!!:woohoo:

I'm sure your drive down was sort of long but it sounds so sweet to be traveling with just your DS. Mine is still a little too young to do a trip that long just the 2 of us. But we may be trying out a 5 hour in the near future to visit daddy at a job. We shall see how that goes. :rolleyes1

I'm so excited to read about the next day and Ty finding out you are going to Disney! :banana:

Glad you are back Sooze.. hope your trip was lots of fun. I am sure Tyson reacts better than Hannah did when we surprised her in June!

Yay :yay: Great start!

Its amazing how kids can go anywhere and make a friend. Adults should be so open.

Congrats to Matt and his corps! Awesome!!!!

Can't wait to read Ty's reaction to "his trip".

Oh, Ty looks so happy playing in the pool. Little does he know the surprise coming up!

Congrats to Matt on his corps winning! That is awesome! :cool1:

More, more, more! (please)... :surfweb:

Great start Sooze!

I LOVE the pic. of you and Tyson drinking the OJ:thumbsup2

Yay for DH and the Carolina Crown, even though I grew up in The Cadets backyard:goodvibes

Congrats on getting to relax in the chair why Ty swims!:cool1:

I hope Ty responds well to the surprise:goodvibes

Looking forward to more:surfweb:

Can't wait to hear how Ty reacts.

Wow!!! Yay for DH winning the championship!!:woohoo:

I'm sure your drive down was sort of long but it sounds so sweet to be traveling with just your DS. Mine is still a little too young to do a trip that long just the 2 of us. But we may be trying out a 5 hour in the near future to visit daddy at a job. We shall see how that goes. :rolleyes1

I'm so excited to read about the next day and Ty finding out you are going to Disney! :banana:

It's such a pleasure to have an 8-year-old. Still so loving and cute, still a mommy's boy, but old enough to have serious conversations with, and old enough to entertain himself. I think that's why I love teaching 3rd grade, too!!

Good luck with your 5 hour drive! I don't know if you're a fan of DVD players, but a movie or two will help the time go by!

Glad you are back Sooze.. hope your trip was lots of fun. I am sure Tyson reacts better than Hannah did when we surprised her in June!

Ooohhh, I'd love to hear about Hannah's reaction!

Great start.

I can't wait to hear about Ty's reaction....popcorn::

I'm trying to figure out how to get the video loaded so you guys can actually SEE the reaction... subtle, yet satisfying!

Welcome Back!! Your trip is off to a great start!! Can't wait to hear how the big reveal goes....popcorn::

Working on it!! Hope to have it up by the end of the weekend!

Yay :yay: Great start!

Its amazing how kids can go anywhere and make a friend. Adults should be so open.

Congrats to Matt and his corps! Awesome!!!!

Can't wait to read Ty's reaction to "his trip".

Thanks! I didn't know if I should start with the Disney day, or the day before. I had some good pics, so I opted for the latter!

So true about making friends.. why do adults have to get so anti-social?

Oh, Ty looks so happy playing in the pool. Little does he know the surprise coming up!

Congrats to Matt on his corps winning! That is awesome! :cool1:

More, more, more! (please)... :surfweb:

I know.. I kept thinking that as I watched him swim. He was so happy, but had no idea how much happier he'd be!

Great start Sooze!

I LOVE the pic. of you and Tyson drinking the OJ:thumbsup2

Yay for DH and the Carolina Crown, even though I grew up in The Cadets backyard:goodvibes

Congrats on getting to relax in the chair why Ty swims!:cool1:

I hope Ty responds well to the surprise:goodvibes

Looking forward to more:surfweb:

Thanks! Sorry bout the Cadets. If it makes you feel better, they beat Crown at the next two shows!! They have a BIG show in San Antonio tonight... we'll see what happens!
Relaxing in my chair was SWEET!!

Can't wait to hear how Ty reacts.

Hope I don't make you wait too long! Thanks for checking in!

Great start:thumbsup2 Can't wait until his surprise is shown:banana:

Stay tuned.....:3dglasses

Hey all of you joining me, if you have time to fit another TR into your lives (;) )... check this one out:

3 Generations at Disney

This is an old college friend of mine. I got to see her and her DH last week at the Grand Floridian. Turns out we are both Dissers! She's trying her first TR. Hop on board if you can!

Plug over.....

We are driving another 7 hours to see DADDY!! Isn't that AWESOME BUDDY?!?!:banana: :banana:

... ... ... ...
insert chirping crickets here
... ... ... ...

He was so bummed. He said, "is that all?":rolleyes1
:rotfl2: Kids!

Soon, we arrived at our EconoLodge hotel on International Ave near Universal Studios. (Thanks for the advice, V... we steered clear of downtown Orlando!)
My pleasure! Did you happen to see why I advised against downtown? When we were circling the Centroplex looking for parking at the Capital One Bowl, we saw quite a few motels by-the-hour being advertised. :scared:
I guess any hotel that has a pool is cool to a kid!
::yes:: Same for Leo... even thogh we have a pool 10 feet form our front door! :rolleyes: Not the same I guess.

Matt was on :cloud9: his corps had just won and he was heading to Disney the next day!:woohoo:
Wooo hoooo ! WTG Matt :thumbsup2

Great start Sooze! :goodvibes

My pleasure! Did you happen to see why I advised against downtown? When we were circling the Centroplex looking for parking at the Capital One Bowl, we saw quite a few motels by-the-hour being advertised. :scared:

Great start Sooze! :goodvibes

Thanks again for the advice! We had to walk about a block away from the Citrus Bowl for the warm up.. and I already felt scared! Not very safe feeling in downtown Orlando... for REAL!

Happy to have you along on another TR! I've been trying to read your newest adventures, but having trouble sitting for more than ten minutes at a time!

Just found your TR and I'm hooked!

I can't wait to hear about the reaction to the surprise.

WELCOME!!:banana: Hoping to update soon! I'm really struggling with the video thing.. I'm new to it and just need to figure it out! I might go on with the update and post the video later when I get it figured out!:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter