Sooze's Surprise Trip for DS's 8th UPDATE! p.20 #287 11/3 Link to New TR p.19

Sooze,

When you get a chance...There is a report on the trip board http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1698318

Can you check out post #211 and let me know if she's talking about you and Matt????? It just seems too coincidental.

Isn't that WEIRD!?! Wasn't us though.. she was there in May, I believe, and we got serenaded in January. Plus, the girl she has the picture of (in the big blue dress) was not wearing that big blue dress! In fact, when we were there in Jan 07, she was pregnant!

Thanks for thinking of me though!!;)

Wow! What a crazy few weeks this has been. I'm going to share with you some of the reasons why I've been missing in action!!

#1 Tyson's Cub Scouts. End of the year banquets, hikes, etc. He is now a wolf cub! Hooray!
Ty getting his new YELLOW scarf
08Summer053.jpg

#2 End of the School year. BIG NEWS... and not so good. We've had TONS of budget cuts for next year... some drama with property tax caps in Indianapolis. They needed to eliminate positions, and decided that applied technology is expendable. YUP... kids don't need focused technology instruction until they get to 5th grade. Crazy, I know. Of course, I can't complain.. I still have a job while many others don't. But it's back into the classroom for me. I'll be teaching 3rd grade next year.. which is my favorite grade to teach.. and I'm back on a team with some dear friends. But this change meant cleaning out my room completely and moving to a new room. Still not really done with this mission...

#3 Trip to Minneapolis. We took a quick 3-day excursion to the Twin Cities. Matt's brother lives there with his wife and adorable daughter. We got to see two Twins/Yankees games and I got to see 42nd street (with SIL in the cast!!).. yes.. we are all musical and theatrical in our family and I LOVE it!:lovestruc

Go Yankees!
08Summer069.jpg

Shae's first Major League Dog!
08Summer074.jpg

#4 Trip to Cedar Rapids. I spent 4 days in Iowa teaching a color guard all of their choreography for their fall marching band show. It's a great gig that helps me pay off credit cards, and the kids I teach are just heavenly! Flooding did not affect my trip, but a few students had to leave rehearsal because their families were being evacuated:eek:

#5 Annie, Jr. I helped direct a production of Annie, Jr. This meant 4 rehearsals a week and endless hours of set construction, costume finding, and promotions. It ended up being a FABULOUS show and the kids had a great experience. But MAN did it eat up my time!!

FDR, Annie, and Daddy Warbucks
08Summer113.jpg

#6 Summer fun! My kids are too much fun. Now that Shae is old enough to run around with her big brother, we just can't stop playing! No one can fault me on this one, right?
Slip and Slide!!
08Summer097.jpg

Or Stop and Drink, as Shae demonstrates
08Summer098.jpg

Fly Shaelyn, Fly!!
08Summer005.jpg

Must spend time with the cuteness!
08Summer011.jpg

#7 Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Don't laugh, don't call me crazy, don't roll your eyes.. but, yes, I am starting on ANOTHER show!! This makes 3 in a row for me. But I just couldn't pass this up. Don't know how many of you know the show, but I was cast as the "Narrator". This is a HUGE singing role, and I'm so excited to have the opportunity. But, with DH on tour with drum corps all summer, it makes for lots of baby sitters... thank goodness my kids are exceptional with sitters.. and I have a long list to chose from!

See? I have my reasons for being absent and I'm stickin' to 'em!! But.. I'm back.. and ready to get geared up for our little surprise trip. Next post, our itinerary and ADR's. Be ready to pass on advice, if you can!

Wow-narrator! Impressive.
Shae's grown!

Sooze, I'm exhausted just reading it all! :faint: But what a terrific summer you've had so far. :goodvibes Congrats on the Narrator gig and kudos for making some time for F U N! :cheer2: I'm trying hard to do that myself; it ain't easy lately, but I'm trying.

Okay, I just finished my own ADR drama, so I'm ready to assist - bring 'em on! popcorn::

wow sounds like a great fun busy summer, take your time, we will be here waiting for an update.
:surfweb:

WOW, Sooze - you have been really busy!

I can't believe how big your kids are getting. Still cute as ever! Congrats to Tyson on being a wolf cub now. My youngest nephew Barry is in Scouts too.

How tall is Shaelyn now? I think Aubree's 32" (she doesn't stand still very long) and weighs 28 lbs. We've been trying to get her used to her little sprinkler mat and pool, and she is a little scared. Hopefully we can get her into the pool at our Disney resort!

Congrats on the Narrator role! So proud of you... that is really cool.

I think we're heading over to the zoo on Saturday. Hope you all have a great weekend!

Sooze, I'm exhausted just reading it all! :faint: But what a terrific summer you've had so far. :goodvibes Congrats on the Narrator gig and kudos for making some time for F U N! :cheer2: I'm trying hard to do that myself; it ain't easy lately, but I'm trying.

Okay, I just finished my own ADR drama, so I'm ready to assist - bring 'em on! popcorn::

I can't believe how much we've done so far! My summer is flying by. And planning this trip and getting excited for it is making it go even faster! Put on the brakes!!!!

As far as the fun goes.. I really have to make myself stop wanting to get work done (laundry, email, dishes, etc.) and just enjoy my kids and the beautiful weather we are having. It's been worth the messy house!

wow sounds like a great fun busy summer, take your time, we will be here waiting for an update.
:surfweb:

Thanks, Dan! I'll try not to make y'all wait too long!

WOW, Sooze - you have been really busy!

I can't believe how big your kids are getting. Still cute as ever! Congrats to Tyson on being a wolf cub now. My youngest nephew Barry is in Scouts too.

How tall is Shaelyn now? I think Aubree's 32" (she doesn't stand still very long) and weighs 28 lbs. We've been trying to get her used to her little sprinkler mat and pool, and she is a little scared. Hopefully we can get her into the pool at our Disney resort!

Congrats on the Narrator role! So proud of you... that is really cool.

I think we're heading over to the zoo on Saturday. Hope you all have a great weekend!

It's crazy how much they are growing every day! We take Shae to the doctor on June 30.. will get weighed and measured... I'm interested to see myself! Shae loves the little froggy pool. It has a little sprinkler on it, though, and she hates it! We have to leave it off or she refuses to get in!

We will be performing Joseph in Brownsburg.. maybe you guys can come see it! Shae will be there, so she and Aubree can hang together!

I'm planning on a zoo trip the 1st week in July.. hoping to anyway. I'll let you know and maybe we can meet for lunch or something!

So glad you're back!! Congrats to Tyson on making Wolf Cub!!:cool1: Shae is getting so big. They just grow too fast don't they?? I bought DS the EXACT same slip n slide this summer! Too funny. Almost broke myself on it too. ::yes:: :rolleyes1 Sorry you had to switch jobs/rooms, but glad you are still working. :hug: That is great that you got the Narrator role!! YAY FOR YOU!!:woohoo: I can't imagine myself singing in front of ANYONE! :eek: :rotfl2: I did just get a role in my first feature length film!:banana: My days to shoot are at the end of June-beginning of July. Can't wait!

My goodness you had/have a lot going on!! Good for you. And you're right no one can blame you for enjoying summer with your two cutie-pies.

Yay! A color guard friend! Where did you go to High School?

I went to school in small town in Connecticut - not known for its marching band/color guard. But we did get to march in WDW twice...:)

Looking forward to hearing more. Good luck w/ all your projects!

You do have a lot going on! Enjoy it all! It is funny to me that you say "Your summer is flying by", my kids just finished school yesterday so for us today was really the first day of summer! It has only just begun out here! LOL!

Allyson :)

I really have to make myself stop wanting to get work done (laundry, email, dishes, etc.) and just enjoy my kids and the beautiful weather we are having.
LOL, I have the opposite p[roblem going on now - it's too stinkin' HOT to go outside! It's takes monumental effort to get ourselves out there to do something at this point.

Congrats to Tyson on making Wolf Cub!!:cool1:
Thanks... it would be cool if he stuck with it all the way to Eagle!

Shae is getting so big. They just grow too fast don't they??

Totally! She amazes me every day with the new things she does!

I bought DS the EXACT same slip n slide this summer! Too funny. Almost broke myself on it too. ::yes:: :rolleyes1

8 bucks.. Wal-Mart... LOVE IT!

I did just get a role in my first feature length film!:banana: My days to shoot are at the end of June-beginning of July. Can't wait!
Tell me more... what's this about?

I went to school in small town in Connecticut - not known for its marching band/color guard. But we did get to march in WDW twice...:)

Looking forward to hearing more. Good luck w/ all your projects!

I grew up in NorthEast PA... not too too far from CT! Glad we share the color guard thing... it's a crazy world! And yay for marching in WDW! I did that once, but played the flute at the time...

You do have a lot going on! Enjoy it all! It is funny to me that you say "Your summer is flying by", my kids just finished school yesterday so for us today was really the first day of summer! It has only just begun out here! LOL!

Allyson :)

I've been out since May 23rd!!! But have to return to school on Aug. 7th!!! ick! Hope your summer is going well;)

LOL, I have the opposite p[roblem going on now - it's too stinkin' HOT to go outside! It's takes monumental effort to get ourselves out there to do something at this point.

We have had STUNNING weather lately... after weeks of rain and storms at the beginning of June (hence, all the midwest flooding), we are finally being rewarded with sunshine and temps in the mid 80's... just perfect! Hope things cool down for you.. but seeing you're from FL makes me guess that won't be happening anytime soon... sorry!!

Our Quickie Surprise Disney Trip 2008…always subject to change

SATURDAY July 12:
Morning: Drive to Orlando from Atlanta
Afternoon: Watch Drum Corps Show
Evening: Stay in hotel in Kissimee (NEED TO BOOK!!)

SUNDAY July 13:
Morning: This is where I need advice.. this is when we will hit Tyson with the fact that we really ARE doing Disney for a few days. Should we go right to Epcot? Or should we check in at OKW (even tho our room won't be ready)... what do you guys think?

Afternoon: Lunch at Electric Umbrella, back to OKW for swimming and rest

Evening: Dinner Ressies at Chef Mickey 5:10 pm Then to Magic Kingdom for PM EMH…. will Illuminations fit somewhere?

MONDAY July 14: Tyson’s 8th Birthday!
Morning: Tyson sets sail on the Pirate Cruise at 9:30am. Cruise leaves from GF. Matt and Susie relax on the beach?

Afternoon: Lunch at Hurricane Hanna’s then boat to DHS. Ride our favorites and maybe catch LMA.

Evening: EMH at AK. Ty will want to ride EE and we MUST catch Nemo Musical and FotLK.. return to Epcot for Illuminations if possible

TUESDAY July 15:
Morning: Spend the last morning in Epcot riding favorites

Afternoon: Coral Reef Ressies at 12:30pm. (Waiting to hear back from DEBBI about DIVERS and MENU!!!)

Evening: Matt heads back to hotel in Kissimmee, Ty and I head back to Atlanta to get Shaelyn.

Well, There's my first rough outline. Really, it's only 2 full days, so not much drama to deal with. I'm most excited about the Pirate cruise for Tyson!! Also hoping to get back in touch with Debbi from CR. I emailed her several days ago and haven't heard back. Need to get back on that!!

Also, I need to grab a quick, cheap hotel near Orlando/Disney. Does anyone have any recommendations? We're looking for cheap but not nasty! Any help would be appreciated!

I'm off to teach the Bands of America Summer Symposium in Normal, Il! Won't be around a computer until next Saturday night... have a great week everyone!:cool2:

Morning: This is where I need advice.. this is when we will hit Tyson with the fact that we really ARE doing Disney for a few days. Should we go right to Epcot? Or should we check in at OKW (even tho our room won't be ready)... what do you guys think?
Depends...

Do you have any room location preferences? Your chances of getting what you want are SO much better if you check in early.

Also, do you really, really want a room available for pre-dinenr rest/clean up? The later you ehck in, ther greater the possibility of a room not being available until after 4pm.

If neither of those matter much, I say go straight to EP and check in at OKW when you go for swimming :thumbsup2

MONDAY July 14: Tyson’s 8th Birthday!
Morning: Tyson sets sail on the Pirate Cruise at 9:30am. Cruise leaves from GF.
:banana: He'll loooove it!

Also, I need to grab a quick, cheap hotel near Orlando/Disney. Does anyone have any recommendations? We're looking for cheap but not nasty! Any help would be appreciated!
I have friend who swears by a "Lake Buena Vista Comfort Inn." I'll try to get more specifics from her for ya! :thumbsup2

ETA: Here's the Comfort Inn link: www.comfortinnorlando.com/index.htm

Depends...

Do you have any room location preferences? Your chances of getting what you want are SO much better if you check in early.

Also, do you really, really want a room available for pre-dinenr rest/clean up? The later you ehck in, ther greater the possibility of a room not being available until after 4pm.

If neither of those matter much, I say go straight to EP and check in at OKW when you go for swimming :thumbsup2

:banana: He'll loooove it!

I have friend who swears by a "Lake Buena Vista Comfort Inn." I'll try to get more specifics from her for ya! :thumbsup2

ETA: Here's the Comfort Inn link: www.comfortinnorlando.com/index.htm

Thanks, V... you are always so helpful!

Matt told me he wants to check into OKW first, because he thinks Ty will be more excited about it, since we haven't stayed there in a while. Plus, being able to get a head start on a room sounds appealing!

Thanks for the link! I think we are going to try to look closer to downtown Orlando, since that's where we'll be for the drum corps show... and we don't want to give Ty any inkling that we are headed to the mouse the next day!!

Do you know of any places closer to downtown?

Do you know of any places closer to downtown?

Downtown = SCAAAARY!!!! :scared: Really - as in the FBI had to be called in to fight the crime because it was too much for local cops. It's fine to go in for events, but not a place you want to spend the night, unless you stay at a fancy-shmancy hotel in the business district. Stay away from anything labeled "near the Centroplex." Trust V.

Personally, I suggest something in the Universal/Sea World vicinity - only 5-10 minutes from downtown but much safer.

I think I'd at least try to check in early as well. It would be nice after your lunch to come back and perhaps find your room is already ready rather than come back and have to start the check in process and perhaps have no room for a while.

Do you have Debbi's phone number? If you need it PM me. I called her, left a voice mail and then she emailed me that same night. If you need it I know I saved it. We did the diver/menu thing last trip and it was cool!

Allyson

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter