SOOZE Return of the Band Geeks! What's Next Update! p.25 10/10

005-1.jpg

single digits...

:rotfl2: I LOVE IT!!! :love:

Wow!! We are at the ONE WEEK MARK!!:banana::banana:

I'm stealing this idea from Lesley, but I'm sure she won't mind!

One week from today....

We'll be loading the car up with suitcases, food, electronics, and excited little kids:
P1030520.jpg

We will be programming the GPS to take us to the Promised Land:
P1030522.jpg

(Not that we NEED directions to get there... we just like seeing what time we will arrive!;)

We will be crossing our fingers and praying reeeeaaalllyy hard that we don't come across weather like this:
P1030523.jpg

Because we don't want to feel like this:
P1030524.jpg

And we will have visions of THIS to keep us going ALL NIGHT LONG:
P1030527.jpg

I've already downloaded a bunch of stuff off iTunes (including the Princess and the Frog soundtrack!!) and lots of of podcasts to keep me going. I always pull the 3rd shift which is usually 1:00am-6:00am. I truly love the peace in the car with the quiet excitement I get to experience all by myself! And a couple of Red Bulls won't hurt, either.:rolleyes:

Anyone have suggestions for some good Podcasts (other than the Dis Unplugged?):confused3

Wow!! We are at the ONE WEEK MARK!!:banana::banana:
:woohoo: I've been trying to talk Leo into a little day trip to EP next weekend... I'll check in before then - maybe we can finally meet!

Anyone have suggestions for some good Podcasts (other than the Dis Unplugged?):confused3
::yes:: I like a good round of "Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me!" while driving.

:woohoo: I've been trying to talk Leo into a little day trip to EP next weekend... I'll check in before then - maybe we can finally meet!
:dance3:Don't tease me, V! I'm sending you my cell number in a PM... just in case!!

::yes:: I like a good round of "Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me!" while driving.

Ok... what is THIS about? Do I just search "Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me" in iTunes? Or is this a game you play? Sorry.. took the dumb pill today!

One week from today, we will be trying to keep our eyes open as we pass under this:
Disney010.jpg

Of course, the sight of it will completely give us our second (or third, or fourth) wind, and the giddy excitement will begin!

Soon, we will turn into the 'driveway' of our HOME for the week!
boardwalk.jpg

Matt will check us in, and we will be praying really hard that, by some miracle, our room will be ready!
Disney013.jpg

We will clean up a bit, even if it means crashing the resort's lobby restrooms! Then we will head to the greatest theme park ever:
IMG_1126.jpg

We will dine at one of our favorite CS locations:
IMG_0992.jpg

And hopefully score on our favorite table:
Disney039.jpg

The evening will wrap up with our first viewing of Illuminations:
illuminations.jpg

HAVE A GREAT FRIDAY, Y'ALL!!

Sooze:

I :love: the photos of this time next week. It makes me all that more excited about going in July. Plus, in two weeks we will be in DC so that gives me something fun to do before July.

You are going to have so much fun!

Erika

I love your this time next week pictures.

It is so hard waiting. I have three more months.

It IS so hard to wait, isn't it?!?! Those three months will fly by, though... and soon YOUR trip will be here! (And then, I'll be jealous!);)

Sooze:

I :love: the photos of this time next week. It makes me all that more excited about going in July. Plus, in two weeks we will be in DC so that gives me something fun to do before July.

You are going to have so much fun!

Erika

Thanks! I'm having fun putting them up... it gives me something to look forward to each day.

Are you going to DC for work or play!? I love going there... so much to learn and do and see!

So... I wanted to share with you all what I made yesterday!

If you don't know, Shaelyn is a HUGE character freak. She will wait in line for hours to see a character. We've already bought her two autograph books, which have been filled with great memories, signatures, and photographs. So, in an effort to save a little money, I decided to create our own autograph book for the trip.

I used cardstock paper from my scrapbook stuff. I know this isn't as sturdy as the hard covers of the 'real' autograph books, but I'm hoping to keep this book in a baggie in my park bag. Let's see what happens....:confused3

Here is the cover:
P1050618.jpg

On the inside, I decorated several pages for characters I know we will see at some point:
P1050619.jpg

P1050620.jpg

P1050621.jpg

P1050622.jpg

P1050623.jpg

There are a lot more, but you don't need to see all of that, now do you? I also have several pages with generic decoration for those characters we, by chance, encounter. :cutie:

Also, here is the bag I'll be using on this trip to carry into the parks. We got this when we added on points at AKV last year. We haven't used it yet. Lots of outer pockets, and fits over my shoulder so I can access the bag without taking it off:
P1050617.jpg

On a downer note... we have been struggling with illness in the house this week. Shaelyn had to miss almost the whole week of school with a nasty cold turned ear-infection. When they put her on amoxicillin ,she had a horrible reaction. Turns out she suddenly developed a penicillin allergy. What is that about?! :sad2:

Tyson and Matt both have colds, and I woke up this morning with a sore throat. Please send good vibes our way that we can all shake this by the time Thursday rolls around. :goodvibes I'm just assuming we are sick now so we can feel fabulous while we are in Disney!!

Up next, our 'week from now' pics!:thumbsup2

love your pics!!! I love the autograph book you made! So cute!! And I love that bag!!

Here i am sending good vibes and well wishes to your entire 'ohana (i'm sure you know what that means...lol)!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:wizard::wizard:

I love the autograph book. I am trying to decided if I should make a special one to take in June for my 25th wedding anniversary. I usually do not brother with autograph's, just pictures, but it might be nice on this trip as an extra souvenir.

Thoughts and prayers that all will get to feeling better, and be well my Spring Break.

Hey Susie! :goodvibes Have a wonderful Spring Break trip to WDW! :dance3: Hope everyone feels better soon. :sick: I'll let Jordan know to keep an eye out for you! :magnify: Love the new clothes & autograph book! Great job! :thumbsup2

Take care,
Michelle

Hi Sooze! WOW your trip is so close! Sorry about all the sickness, hopefully everyone will feel better by Friday! The autograph book is adorable!!! Have a great trip!

Are you going to DC for work or play!? I love going there... so much to learn and do and see!

This time will be play. I have been both ways before and enjoy it each time. It will be DS's first time so I am super excited. I am a big history geek and I have been sharing that passion with him. We will be there for spring break.

Erika

:thumbsup2Great autograph book! The characters will love it.

I love your bag. We have contemplated DVC. Maybe we will look at more after I get my trip to the Poly this summer. That has been holding me back as I wanted to stay at non-DVC resortst.

Hope everyone gets to feeling better!

ERika

Hey Susie!! Sorry I've been MIA--things have been insane here! This time next week you'll be in WDW!!! Whoo hoo!! Love the countdown pics! Praying you all feel better fast!! :goodvibes

love your pics!!! I love the autograph book you made! So cute!! And I love that bag!!

Here i am sending good vibes and well wishes to your entire 'ohana (i'm sure you know what that means...lol)!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:wizard::wizard:

All of those vibes are working! I already feel better.. hoping it was just another mini-cold. I've been getting them all winter. Kids seem to be on the mend, too! THANKS!!:thumbsup2

I love the autograph book. I am trying to decided if I should make a special one to take in June for my 25th wedding anniversary. I usually do not brother with autograph's, just pictures, but it might be nice on this trip as an extra souvenir.

Thoughts and prayers that all will get to feeling better, and be well my Spring Break.
It would be neat if you got autographs... maybe some characters will add a special anniversary greeting?:confused3 Congrats on 25 years!!:banana:

Hey Susie! :goodvibes Have a wonderful Spring Break trip to WDW! :dance3: Hope everyone feels better soon. :sick: I'll let Jordan know to keep an eye out for you! :magnify: Love the new clothes & autograph book! Great job! :thumbsup2

Take care,
Michelle
Thanks, Michelle! If you feel like letting us know, via PM or Facebook message, where Jordan is and which days she is working, that'll help us track her down! I'd love to get another photo op with her. When does her CP end?

Hi Sooze! WOW your trip is so close! Sorry about all the sickness, hopefully everyone will feel better by Friday! The autograph book is adorable!!! Have a great trip!
It IS close, isn't it?!?! :dance3: I have a good feeling about our 'illnesses'... I'm thinking they are working their way out of this house! We are ready to get out of here!

And, thanks! I can't wait to take pictures of it when it's filled with autographs and new memories!:love:

This time will be play. I have been both ways before and enjoy it each time. It will be DS's first time so I am super excited. I am a big history geek and I have been sharing that passion with him. We will be there for spring break.

Erika
I LOVE history, too! I'd love to go to DC with someone who knows their stuff. I just love to hear the stories. Have a great time sharing your passion with your DS!

:thumbsup2Great autograph book! The characters will love it.

I love your bag. We have contemplated DVC. Maybe we will look at more after I get my trip to the Poly this summer. That has been holding me back as I wanted to stay at non-DVC resortst.

Hope everyone gets to feeling better!

ERika

Thanks! I just hope it lasts. Trying to think of ways to keep it in great condition throughout the course of the week.

Have you ever done the DVC sales-pitch meeting? Where they pick you up in the van and whisk you off to SSR and try to get you to buy in? If not, you should at least give that a look... it really is a fun time, and they don't put pressure on you... you'll put more pressure on yourselves!;)

Oh, and if you DO decide to go for it, and you just HAPPEN to need a reference name... feel free to PM me for my details.... we'd get a nice 'thank you' from DVC for referring you!:angel: ( I know... that just a shameless plug... but I had to try, didn't I?!)

Hey Susie!! Sorry I've been MIA--things have been insane here! This time next week you'll be in WDW!!! Whoo hoo!! Love the countdown pics! Praying you all feel better fast!! :goodvibes

Life goes on.... I completely understand!! And YES... next week at this time I'll BE THERE!!!:woohoo::woohoo:

Thanks for checking in. If you have time, I'll be doing countdown pics daily!

Today we will get up bright and early to battle the DHS crowds. Where will we all be swarming?

But of course:
100_4023.jpg

I will happily enjoy my ride with Shaelyn, and not be afraid to see this at the end of it:
P1050172.jpg

Nope... he can save that for poor Tyson...:sad2:

For lunch, we will be experiencing our first-first-time restaurant:
holidaymarch639.jpg

We will head home for a nap/pool time mid-day. When we wake up, we will head to the GREATEST dining experience (well, for us, anyway!)
P7170103.jpg

This time, our band geek friends won't have to listen so attentively:
P1030600.jpg

They are no longer O'hana virgins.... they can just relax and enjoy like we do!:thumbsup2

After we stuff ourselves silly, we will roll on over to MK to watch:
P1030624.jpg

Then, we will see if Shae will let us hang on Main Street for:
Wishes.jpg

This will be our first evening hanging out with our band geek friends. I am looking forward to amazing food, MK magic, and lots and LOTS of laughing!!:rotfl:

BRING IT ON!!!

ps. today I did our Disney pedicures. Well, just Shae and me... the boys weren't too into the purple sparkly nailpolish:confused3 I'll try to get some pictures up!:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter