SOOZE Return of the Band Geeks! What's Next Update! p.25 10/10

i have golfed at all the courses, your kids will really like the character one at the swan and dolphin, but the fantasy fairways there is pretty neat as well, like a mini "real" golf course, long holes, sand traps, hazards etc...but they might also like the theming at winter summer land as well.

sorry thta was prob not hte best help.
:laughing:

Sooze:

:cloud9:Ahh, Fantasmic. That is our favorite show at Disney. We love, love, love it. :love:

I am anxious to hear which golf course you do and if you like it. We have it on the list to do this summer. Plus, Le Cellier is a first for us this year as well so I am anxious to hear about that.

:yay::yay:One more day and then you leave. If I don't get on here before then, have a magical time! :wizard:

Erika

Have any of you been mini-golfing at Disney? Do you have a course preference? Any thoughts!?:confused3

I have done the Fantasia Gardens (think that is the name) before (and I think with Robbie one time we went). I think you guys will like this with the music theming. I would stick to the regular mini golf course. The chip and putt is fun but can be more fustrating if you are not a "golfer" or at least good a chip shots.

I know all about the pretzel bread and cheese soup. Any other suggestions?
:confused3

We will wrap things up with a relaxing Illuminations, then our FAVORITE walk around WS to our International Gateway to home!

Not a fan of the cheese soup. Best meal there was on Thanksgiving a while back when mom was still alive. Can't tell you what we had, but we all enjoyed our meal.

Thought about you on Monday night as I was sitting at my keyboard playing the music from the Millennium CD (I have 4-5 Disney music books with lots of repetition in them). Not sure what they use now for the exit after Illuminations, but remember they stilled used some of that last time I was in WDW (2006).

An entertaining lunch OR dinner with our friends!! Lunch OR dinner? Yeah... I went ahead and made double ressies. Shame on me, I know. But I thought we'd want to have some flexibility this day. Don't worry, I'll call and cancel whichever one we don't use!

Teppan Edo is one of my favorite places to go. I hope you have fun. I suggest lunch as it is the same menu but cheaper (at least last time I went). Love it as I went by myself and got to sit with a bunch of other people so I was not really alone.

There are EMH at DHS tonight. I haven't battled the crowds for this in a long time:

Love Fantasmic more at WDW than DL. Last time we did Fantasmic I did the dinning package with it at Momma Melrose so we had a separate line/entrance with a reserved section. Not sure they are still doing it, but something to look into if it is still a 2 hour que prior to the show.

i have golfed at all the courses, your kids will really like the character one at the swan and dolphin, but the fantasy fairways there is pretty neat as well, like a mini "real" golf course, long holes, sand traps, hazards etc...but they might also like the theming at winter summer land as well.

sorry thta was prob not hte best help.
:laughing:
:rotfl: I didn't even realize the Swan and Dolphin had a course... so, yes, it did help!

Sooze:

:cloud9:Ahh, Fantasmic. That is our favorite show at Disney. We love, love, love it. :love:

I am anxious to hear which golf course you do and if you like it. We have it on the list to do this summer. Plus, Le Cellier is a first for us this year as well so I am anxious to hear about that.

:yay::yay:One more day and then you leave. If I don't get on here before then, have a magical time! :wizard:

Erika
For some reason, we have not been able to get into Fantasmic. I think it's mostly because of how EARLY you have to get there, and how horrible stampede-esque it is getting out. We just didn't feel it was worth that stress! I think it's time to try again. We haven't seen that show in 5 years!

I'm thinking the Fantasia golf course will be the one, since we ARE band geeks, after all!:rolleyes1

I'll take lots of notes and pictures at Le Cellier and let you know how it goes!
Thanks for the good wishes!! We are hoping for a magical time!

I have done the Fantasia Gardens (think that is the name) before (and I think with Robbie one time we went). I think you guys will like this with the music theming. I would stick to the regular mini golf course. The chip and putt is fun but can be more fustrating if you are not a "golfer" or at least good a chip shots.

Not a fan of the cheese soup. Best meal there was on Thanksgiving a while back when mom was still alive. Can't tell you what we had, but we all enjoyed our meal.

Thought about you on Monday night as I was sitting at my keyboard playing the music from the Millennium CD (I have 4-5 Disney music books with lots of repetition in them). Not sure what they use now for the exit after Illuminations, but remember they stilled used some of that last time I was in WDW (2006).

Teppan Edo is one of my favorite places to go. I hope you have fun. I suggest lunch as it is the same menu but cheaper (at least last time I went). Love it as I went by myself and got to sit with a bunch of other people so I was not really alone.

Love Fantasmic more at WDW than DL. Last time we did Fantasmic I did the dinning package with it at Momma Melrose so we had a separate line/entrance with a reserved section. Not sure they are still doing it, but something to look into if it is still a 2 hour que prior to the show.

Johanna, you are such a Disney pro! I love it!! Thanks for all of the input! Fantasia Gardens sounds like a go! And it'll fit in perfectly with the title of my Trip Report, and that's important, right?!;)

BTW, they still play the Tapestry of Nations music while exiting after Illuminations. One of the highlights of all of our trips... walking AGAINST traffic around WS while listening to that music on our way 'home' for the night....:dance3:I CAN'T WAIT!!

disney09018.jpg

The band geeks are outta here!!

Just have to make it through a FULL day of school :crazy2: then we are off!!

I'm a bit concerned because it looks as if we will be driving in rain for a majority of the time... AGAIN....

Remember last year?

:sad2:

It's gonna be a LOOOOONNNGGG night...

Send prayers if you can!

I'm sure I'll check in from the Promised Land!

Have a great weekend, everyone! :hug:

Sooze:

:wizard:Wishing you happy driving with no rain! Have a magical time! I can't wait to read all about your adventures when you get back.

Erika

Thanks everyone! We are here and having such a wonderful time. We are taking our time and enjoying things at a relaxing pace.

Crowds are pretty crazy... but we came here expecting that, so it's all good.

We have already experienced several 'firsts', including riding Soarin', Test Track, and Big Thunder Mountain as a family. Shae has been a real trooper, and has already sat through Illuminations and Wishes with no crying!:thumbsup2

Weather is absolutely perfect... I mean, ridiculously perfect! I'm sure we are due for some storms or rain events, but we've earned them with two PERFECT days in a row!

This morning we slept in (still recovering from the ride down and two jam-packed days and nights in a row). We are heading over to Epcot for lunch with our friends in Germany, some Voices of Liberty, and character stake-outs!

Tonight is HoopDeeDo!!!:banana:

Also hoping to touch base with Princess V today... we'll see if we can make it happen!

Happy Sunday everyone!

Crowds are pretty crazy... but we came here expecting that, so it's all good.
We were pleasantly surprised (about the only "pleasant part of our day, lol!) at EP on Sunday - no wait at all to get on Nemo or SE! Was that jsut due to rain, compared to what you've seen other days?

Also hoping to touch base with Princess V today... we'll see if we can make it happen!

:sad1: I'm so sad we missed each other! But Susie, you were 100% spot-on going back for an afternoon out of the rain - it was UGLY!

Hope you're all having a fantastic time! :hug:

We were pleasantly surprised (about the only "pleasant part of our day, lol!) at EP on Sunday - no wait at all to get on Nemo or SE! Was that jsut due to rain, compared to what you've seen other days?

:sad1: I'm so sad we missed each other! But Susie, you were 100% spot-on going back for an afternoon out of the rain - it was UGLY!

Hope you're all having a fantastic time! :hug:

I think the crowds (or lack of) on Sunday was a direct result of the rain. It has been jam-packed every other time!! It has been the ONLY bad weather we've had all week... of COURSE, it just happened to arrive when you did!! Sorry you had such a bad day... I'd love to hear your version of the events, but I'd hate to ask you to relive bad times!:sad2:

As I sit here on our last relaxing afternoon in our villa, it's easy for me to get sad about our impending departure...

But things changed for us when we heard about the fatal accident that happened at Ft. Wilderness today. Some family lost their child this afternoon in a place that is supposed to have nothing but magic....

Put things into perspective real quick....

Hug your loved ones tightly tonight... and when you feel sad about leaving Disney, appreciate the memories you've made, and the ones you can still make in the future!!

Be back soon, folks... I'm going to try to make this TR quickly, even though it's been 8 long days. I just didn't get as many pics as I should've, and , due to the HORRENDOUS crowds, we spent a lot more time 'chillin' at the resort than we planned... which really hasn't been too bad!

Thanks again for hanging around!:hug:

Oh wow. That's terrible! It definitely puts things in perspective.

Enjoy your last evening in Disney :goodvibes

Have a safe trip home! I am glad you had nice weather. I can't wait to hear all about it!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter