SOOZE 10 year Anniversary Getaway.. All DONE!

Great update sooze! I love the officer at MGM...he wrote my 2 1/2 year old a ticket for driving under the influence of milk!!! He thought the officer was very funny and my two older children thought it was hysterical...they promptly received tickets for being too beautiful when they laughed!

Your Donald drawing is GREAT...I am not sure mine would be recognizable :lmao: ...Looking forward to your next installment!

Finally, thanks for the info on the messenger bag! I think I will order one for my trip before they go off sale.

Glad you had fun at DHS.

Me too! It was a great morning!

Great update sooze! I love the officer at MGM...he wrote my 2 1/2 year old a ticket for driving under the influence of milk!!! He thought the officer was very funny and my two older children thought it was hysterical...they promptly received tickets for being too beautiful when they laughed!

Your Donald drawing is GREAT...I am not sure mine would be recognizable :lmao: ...Looking forward to your next installment!

Finally, thanks for the info on the messenger bag! I think I will order one for my trip before they go off sale.

How funny! Those street performers are just top notch!

Thanks... I consider myself a bit of an artist, but it was awesome to be instructed on the ways Disney artists do it!

I think you should get one! It really was convenient!

Sooze,

Sounds like you enjoyed your solo morning at MGM. I did too! While Eric did the train tour, I got to enjoy myself doing whatever I wanted. Of course, I'll get to that in my trippie soon enough.

DH and DD6 are at a Daddy-Daughter dance for Girl Scouts tonight. It was so cute to see them all dressed up and ready to go. Just imagine in about five years, Matt & Shaelyn will be doing stuff like that... you can't wait, can you?

The Donald you drew looks GREAT!!:thumbsup2 I hope I can get in there to try this one day. You look like you are having a blast on your solo mission! Great pic's. Can't wait to find out what kept you from eating! Did you get stopped by the Dream Team??

Great update! Your Donald picture is really cute. I have never been to the animation studio (but it is definitely going on my list!). The street performers are fantastic! I love watching them interact with the crowd. What a cool job that would be!

Sooze,

Sounds like you enjoyed your solo morning at MGM. I did too! While Eric did the train tour, I got to enjoy myself doing whatever I wanted. Of course, I'll get to that in my trippie soon enough.

DH and DD6 are at a Daddy-Daughter dance for Girl Scouts tonight. It was so cute to see them all dressed up and ready to go. Just imagine in about five years, Matt & Shaelyn will be doing stuff like that... you can't wait, can you?

Looking forward to reading about your solo experiences at the Studios!

Let's not go there yet... I still have 4 more years before Girl Scouts! Actually, I'm more excited about getting Shae into dance lessons...those little recital costumes for 3 and 4 year olds are to DIE for!!
:dance3:

The Donald you drew looks GREAT!!:thumbsup2 I hope I can get in there to try this one day. You look like you are having a blast on your solo mission! Great pic's. Can't wait to find out what kept you from eating! Did you get stopped by the Dream Team??

Thanks! You'll actually get to see a Goofy coming up in a few episodes! He was better than my Donald!!

I truly did have a blast. It was very freeing!

Dream Team?!?! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I wish!:rolleyes:

Great update! Your Donald picture is really cute. I have never been to the animation studio (but it is definitely going on my list!). The street performers are fantastic! I love watching them interact with the crowd. What a cool job that would be!

Thank you! I HIGHLY recommend the animation part of DHS and especially the animation lesson. Probably one of my favorite memories from the trip!

Great update.

I particularly like the the ToT pic where you are taking it looking directly up. So cool.

While I was bench sitting my first day at the Studios I took in some of the Streetmosphere. They are funny and so good. I just had to hang back so as not to get picked on.

Looking forward to reading about your solo experiences at the Studios!

Let's not go there yet... I still have 4 more years before Girl Scouts! Actually, I'm more excited about getting Shae into dance lessons...those little recital costumes for 3 and 4 year olds are to DIE for!!
:dance3:

I know all about that too. DD6 did her first dance recital last year at the Fishers Y. They do it up very well -- rent out the Madame Walker Theater and everything. This year she's in a Stompin' class (cross between hip hop and tap). They're dancing to HSM2's What Time is It (Summertime) song. It should be great. She's even dancing with a beach ball!

Great update. You are giving me sooo many ideas for our 'Rents only trip.
Keep 'em coming. Hope you get some food in that skinny bod!

Great update.

I particularly like the the ToT pic where you are taking it looking directly up. So cool.

While I was bench sitting my first day at the Studios I took in some of the Streetmosphere. They are funny and so good. I just had to hang back so as not to get picked on.

Thanks! That picture was the photographic highlight of my trip. I love looking at the photography board and the AMAZING pics that are over there... thought I'd try to be a bit 'artistic' and was really happy with the result!

Ooohhh... I WANT to be picked on! I just didn't want to be picked on when I was by myself because no one would be with me to laugh!!

I know all about that too. DD6 did her first dance recital last year at the Fishers Y. They do it up very well -- rent out the Madame Walker Theater and everything. This year she's in a Stompin' class (cross between hip hop and tap). They're dancing to HSM2's What Time is It (Summertime) song. It should be great. She's even dancing with a beach ball!

I didn't realize the Y offered DANCE!! How cool. And how extra cool that she's dancing to a DISNEY song!:cool1:

Great update. You are giving me sooo many ideas for our 'Rents only trip.
Keep 'em coming. Hope you get some food in that skinny bod!

:blush: Did you just say 'skinny bod'? That is very kind! Don't worry, I'll feed it... just not as soon as I thought!!

My tummy was growling and ready to try the delicious Flame Tree pulled pork I had heard so much about on the DIS, so I decided it was time to head to AK. As I was waiting for the bus, I made some quick phone calls home. It was nice to talk to someone!

I've decided that as much as I LOVE being alone, I'd much rather be sharing my Disney memories with someone...

I got in quickly at AK.... GUESS WHAT?!!? I was in AK and it WASN'T HOT!!! REALLY!! I was very comfortable in my sweatshirt and long pants. It felt great!:goodvibes

I took a quick walk over to Camp Minnie Mickey to check out the show time for FotLK (I know, I could've just looked at a times guide, but I wanted to stroll....) Here's a pretty waterfall I found:

Disney08AnniversaryTrip051.jpg

I decided against seeing FotLK, and waiting until Matt was with me. So I headed over to Discovery Island to find Flame Tree...

After making my way to Discovery Island, I decided to check out It's Tough to Be a Bug. The wait time was only 5 minutes, and I really didn't get to experience it 4 years ago, because I was busy consoling my son who was FREAKING OUT! Looking back at it, I can't believe I brought him in that place when he was only 3... He's almost 8 and I think he'd STILL be scared. That bug invasion is SCARY!!

But I'm glad I saw it again as an adult. Cool effects... and even cooler posters in the pre-show area:
Disney08AnniversaryTrip052.jpg

Disney08AnniversaryTrip053.jpg

There were bunches of these. All broadway musicals with a buggy twist. I also loved the walk into the show.. you get some really up-close moments with the carvings on the tree of life. Not sure why I didn't take pictures... probably because we weren't waiting, we were walking... and I didn't want to stop and block people behind me...:confused3

I emerged from the roots of the tree to see that the rain had started to fall. Bummer... it was okay, though. It was light enough to not be miserable. And I did have my Dollar Store poncho.. worked great! But I didn't want to eat in the rain, plus... EE was calling!

I walked to EE to grab a FP, but the return time wasn't until FOUR!! Then I noticed they had a single rider line... SWEET!! I still ended up waiting 30 minutes... booo! The Single Rider line for EE is not as effective as the one for TT. Reason... EE is set up for groups of two, four, six... most people travel in twos, fours, or sixes. TT has cars for 3 or six... so there's usually an odd number and a need for a single rider. Not so at EE. I saw two to four trains take off sometimes in between needs for a single rider. I almost felt like I should have just waited in the the standby line, simply because it would've always been in motion. The single rider line would stand STILL for several minutes at a time. Made me feel like I was waiting for Soarin' again.

BUT.. the wait was TOTALLY worth it!!! Expedition Everest has OFFICIALLY replaced RNRC as my absolute favorite ride in all of WDW!!! The theming, the smoothness, the G Force on the backwards part, the big drop, the Yeti... just AWESOME!!!!

I'm still starving after my fabulous EE ride so I start to head towards Flame Tree. WAIT!!! NEMO!!!! The next show is in 45 minutes, but they are already letting people in...!?! SWEET! I'm going in now and getting myself an up-close-and-personal seat. I love to sit close and feel the energy of the performers. I snagged SECOND row seats!! Warning.. if you are going to sit up front, sit on the AISLE. If you sit next to the stage, you can't see very well!

I'm telling you, folks. Nemo, The Musical is STUNNING. That show is unbelievable. The sets, the costumes, the props, the puppetry, the musical score, the Broadway-caliber talent... you just CAN'T miss this show!! And sitting that close... I got to see sweat and spit flying.. and I got to feel the energy of those performers. I teared up MANY times throughout the show.. just tears of pride, joy, artsy-fartsy appreciation, I guess!!

Some pics from the show (no flash, please!)
Testing to see if it's okay to come out!
Disney08AnniversaryTrip056.jpg

Jellyfish!
Disney08AnniversaryTrip057.jpg

Nigel.. this prop is amazing! SO HUGE!!
Disney08AnniversaryTrip058.jpg

The Dentist's tank
Disney08AnniversaryTrip059.jpg

The Tank gang
Disney08AnniversaryTrip062.jpg

Crush.. sorry, terribly blurry!
Disney08AnniversaryTrip063.jpg

Dory? Are you okay?
Disney08AnniversaryTrip064.jpg

So, I've been in the park now for over 2 hours... I'm STARVING!!!
I found Flame Tree and got the famous pulled pork, a Diet Coke, and a chocolate cake. The table seating area for this place is cool!

FLAME TREE TIP: Don't waste your time battling crowds at the condiment stand next to the counter service. There are full condiment stations in the covered seating areas!! Here's my food:
Disney08AnniversaryTrip060.jpg

And here's my view:
Disney08AnniversaryTrip061.jpg

I got to watch EE as I enjoyed the most DELICIOUS pulled pork sandwich I've had! It was perfect!!

While I was eating, Matt called and wanted to meet me for dinner with Beast.(remember our friend from Massachusetts that joined us for our last trip?) He wanted to know if I could scrounge up some reservations for 5:45 somewhere in DTD. Ummmm.. honey? It's a Saturday night.. and 5:45 is only 3 hours away... I guess I can give it a shot!

With that, I decided to head back to POR to see if the concierge could help me. Plus, I was hurting. I was very tired and my eyes were just burning. I was planning on going over to AKL to do some exploring, but decided not to kill myself on this trip. If a break was needed, I was going to take it.

But do I spend the next few hours trying to find us a place to eat...?
OR maybe I spend the next few hours just trying to get back to POR...!

Love, love, loved your last two installments!:thumbsup2

Your description of the morning at POR & DHS sounds wonderful. I am totally a morning person who loves to enjoy the sun rising and the birds singing. When we stayed at POR I can remember the dewey smell of pine trees in the early morning, well our backyard is filled with big old pines and on early summer mornings I can relive those memories of POR with that "dewey pine smell". Okay enough of my sappy memory stuff.....

I really liked the picture of the waterfall that you took, very pretty.

Can't wait to hear if you had success with that DD restaurant! Looking forward to more!

you waited till you got back to POR to check. I would have been on the phone as I hung up.

great pics and updates. Now I see why u did not eat right away and for good reason.

Did u like Flame Tree? I don't know if I missed that part. I just went back and read it. so forget it.

Nemo for me next time.

I didn't realize the Y offered DANCE!! How cool. And how extra cool that she's dancing to a DISNEY song!:cool1:

Not only is she dancing to a Disney song, the name of the recital is "Wishes" and the entire group of dancers sings the Wishes song at the end. Almost every dance is Disney-related. I was really impressed with the program last year. It's pretty professional for the YMCA. Of course, it's Fishers....

Your "solo" trip is just getting better and better! I wanted to see the bug show but I didn't feel well enough to wait.

I am jealous that you got the pulled pork sandwich!! After Jordan talking about it, I wanted to try it soooo bad but didn't get to.

I loved your MGM oops Hollywood Studios report! You did the top 2 things on my list for Animal Kingdom. Nemo musical and Flame Tree, I have never been able to get there. Don't feel bad about getting emotional during the Nemo performance. I cry every year when watching DCI's when they show the performers breathing so heavy after their performance:goodvibes

LOVING these reports Sooze, I now think I would be lonely by myself too, wanting to share those memories with others. I agree about tough to be a bug, Lauren freaks out and I felt bad for bringing her in. We still haven't seen Nemo and I can't wait to see it, especially after your report of it. Bummer you won't get to check out AKL, I was hoping you would but understand why you didn't. Hope you get some ressies.
Oh, and on yesterday, surprised you like the back seat of Rockin Roller coaster better than the front, I did both this last trip and think the front seat ROCKS, just love that ride. To each his own I guess. :thumbsup2
LOVING the report and can't wait for more, thanks for 2 great installments this weekend.
Lesley

Great updates on your solo day. Your picture of Donald is so cute, I just love that part of the Animation tour. Wish I would have skipped the show on our last trip, the wait was 30min for the drawing part, couldn't get my DD to wait. I will always try to sit up front or near the front on RnRC, much smoother ride for me, the back tends to bang my head back and forth too much:sad2: . And I am with you, LOVE EE, I think it really feels like you go upside down during part of the ride, it is SO much Fun! You are doing a great job keeping yourself busy.:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter