Sooooo new.

bethiecow

Earning My Ears
I'm Beth. I've been lurking for a few days and decided to finally join the party. I love to plan things obsessively and in great detail, which is sometimes great and sometimes a problem.
My family and in-laws spent four incredibly short but magical days at WDW last month (first trip for most of us). My best friend and I are celebrating our friendiversary by going to Universal Orlando in early November (no husbands, no kids, and no in-laws). Since I'm an obsessive planner, I'm in heaven right now. Love the wealth of information I've already gleaned from these boards. I'll be around!

:welcome: I am glad you had a magical vacation. A girls' trip to Universal sounds like a lot of fun! I am an obsessive planner when it comes to Disney, but a complete slacker when it comes to Universal. You will definitely find all the answers to your questions here and when you find out what park to go to first for the train at Uni pass that info along to me. LOL !! Have a great trip. :)

Thanks for the welcome! I'm trying to let go a little and not plan every minute of every hour. :) Since we'll be there early in November with EPs and a total of about 6 days to spend in the parks (more like 5, since we'll be there second half of arrival day and first half of departure day), I figure we shouldn't feel too rushed and frantic. I like the thought of taking my time and enjoying the experience!

Hi Beth! I'm new, too! I can't believe I never knew about the Disboards until a week ago! We have visited Disney before but I didn't know this online board existed. I am so excited to learn new tips about our upcoming Spring Break trip.

Thank you Moonbase. I am learning how to navigate the Dis boards. :flower:There are so many different things going on here!

Hello! I saw your post on the September cancellation thread for the BOG reservation and wanted to let you know that the best way to pass off reservations is through PM which can be done after you get 10 posts. So, post 7 more times then you can coordinate a drop. I was able to get a BOG from the same person so good luck!

Awesome..thanks
To PM just click on their name and then you will see a Start a Conversation so just start one with the BOG and date. I also suggest when doing the switch off to go through BOG rather than the generic Things to do/Make a reservation prompt. When we did the drop, it didn't show, and I tried with 2 people (all I needed) then 6 (the amount they were dropping) and neither showed up. Then I tried Dinner, then using the exact time and it still didn't show. Finally I clicked on BOG, entered the date and time I was looking for, and it finally showed up. The Disney site, Make a Reservation can be glitchy.

Welcome! Any tips you picked up from your first 4 days? I'm making the same length trip next month. Also after elusive BOG reservations!

Welcome! Any tips you picked up from your first 4 days? I'm making the same length trip next month. Also after elusive BOG reservations!

Crysmc, I have been on the BOG reservation site consistently for about the last two weeks at random hours throughout the day, and I mean random. I read on some other site about the "hard to get reservations" at DisneyWorld. Being a first time visitor coming up this October, I must admit, I was stubborn and did not think I needed a reservation. Any who, keep trying on this site and also just randomly checking the reservation site. Between the last couple days, I snagged a couple reservations for a party of 4. Not bragging, just wanted to give you hope.

Crysmc, I have been on the BOG reservation site consistently for about the last two weeks at random hours throughout the day, and I mean random. I read on some other site about the "hard to get reservations" at DisneyWorld. Being a first time visitor coming up this October, I must admit, I was stubborn and did not think I needed a reservation. Any who, keep trying on this site and also just randomly checking the reservation site. Between the last couple days, I snagged a couple reservations for a party of 4. Not bragging, just wanted to give you hope.
Thank you! I've been checking the BOG system as well as the cancelled thread. I will definitely follow your advice to keep trying!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter