Soooo Mad!!!!!!!!!!

Ms.Mouse

DIS Veteran
I'm sorry BUT I just have to VENT!!!!I was just on another board and someone was posting about how they want to make a few double bookings for restaurants (Morocco being one) and then decide that day of the reservation after they saw the restaurant and to see if the family wanted to try something different and then also make reservations for a "sure thing" restaurant. Then they would cancel one of the reservations made on that day for the restaurant they didn't want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So many people do that and it's no wonder why we all can't get into the restaurants!!!!!!!!!!! We have inconsiderate, greedy people with multiple bookings!!!!

I made a reservation to CRT once while having another booking. I was torn as to which to go to so the CM said "why don't you keep both" while I took a vote with the 8 other family members... I took a vote and cancelled the one we chose not to go to within two days... And that reservation was made between the 180th day and about the 160th day(actually, I think it was closer to the 170th day out)!!!! I felt that keeping the bookings for a quick vote wouldn't hurt because it's not like I was keeping the bookings till the time of our vacation. Well, that's how I thought then BUT I wouldn't do it again now that I've been on the boards seeing the frustration of those trying to get in.

I wouldn't even be so upset if people did that while seeing what other family members thought of the idea BUT to hang onto a reservation for 180, or 100 or 50 days while others are trying to get in....and then not cancelling till hours before your reservation.... THAT JUST DRIVES ME TO THE OTHER END!!!!!

With the dining plan, I think most people try to plan meals out well in advance and it makes things more difficult and then we get a bunch who just hang on to the double reservations till the end.... and I'm sure of those, some don't cancel... They just don't show up and that leaves the table reserved during that time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone posted to that thread saying they asked Disney if they could double book and Disney said they are catching those "mistakes" and cancelling the first reservation made.... I wish Disney would cancel both and the "double bookers" will just have to stand in line with the rest and hope to get the table of their choice and have to be turned away as others are!!!! At least they would learn a good lesson about "the double booking thing."

Double booking does bother me a bit...for the reason you stated, it takes a spot that could have been used by someone else who definitely wanted to eat there. Now I can understand double booking...then deciding shorttly after and canceling. But canceling mere hours before the ressie just makes it difficult for others who were trying to get a spot days, weeks, and months before. Now I'm sure people will say "I've only done it once or twice", etc...but the problem is that SO many people do it once or twice...that it becomes a problem for many other people. I remember reading a thread sometime last year of a person going for about a week I think and he made over 90 ADRs....all double/triple/etc bookings saying he would decide when he got there, etc, and he couldn't understand why people were calling him rude and selfish. :confused3 :sad2: :sad2:

i agree that Disney should cancel both ressies that are double booked. i've never had a problem with ressies, but i can feel for those that do.

I double booked once. There was no way to know if our Hidden Treasures of the World Showcase tour was going to end in Canada or Mexico, so I booked both.

I feel for people who get locked out of reservations, but not enough to risk being locked out myself. I guess I am selfish and like me better.

It is every man for himself with the ADRs...book early!

Sorry but Disney will cancel without any warnings on double bookings. I know because they did it to me where I had a dinner ressie booked and then a very late dining ressie for dessert at another restaurant. Disney cancelled my first made ressie( the dinner) without any warning or notice. They thought my hours later dessert ressie was a double booking for dinner. They told me they will cancel the first made ressie so beware!!!!!!!!

I'm too afraid to make a dessert ressie this year!

Boardwalk Tigger said:
Sorry but Disney will cancel without any warnings on double bookings. I know because they did it to me where I had a dinner ressie booked and then a very late dining ressie for dessert at another restaurant. Disney cancelled my first made ressie( the dinner) without any warning or notice. They thought my hours later dessert ressie was a double booking for dinner. They told me they will cancel the first made ressie so beware!!!!!!!!

I’m all for Disney taking steps to crack down on the inconsiderate and selfish practice of double booking. But it’s a real shame that the consequences of doing so affect guests (such as yourself) who have done nothing wrong. :sad2:

It’s very frustrating to everyone else who “plays fair” when others go overboard with double booking – especially when it’s so hard to get ADRs at certain restaurants. :furious:

We've had this discussed MANY times before.
Disney can cancel double (or even triple, etc) bookings--sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

aristocat said:
I’m all for Disney taking steps to crack down on the inconsiderate and selfish practice of double booking. But it’s a real shame that the consequences of doing so affect guests (such as yourself) who have done nothing wrong. :sad2:

It’s very frustrating to everyone else who “plays fair” when others go overboard with double booking – especially when it’s so hard to get ADRs at certain restaurants. :furious:
I agree I hope that WDW does cancel double bookings, while I understand ADRs are every man for himself I still dont see where total selfishness needs to come into play. There are thousands of ppl wanting to enjoy their vacation the same time you are, book what you want and leave openings for others. I look at it like this, I dont mind loosing a bit of flexibility because Id rather do that then think someone else has been very disspointed because they cannot get into a restaurant they had their heart set on for their vacation.

This makes me SO mad!!!!!!!

We are unable to get any ADRs for our trip (late Sept to mid Oct) because of selfish, inconsiderate people like this.

And we're not even on the free dining plan!!!!!!1 :furious:

You could relay your concerns to Disney, by letter. That may help the situation. It also could make things worse, since the most effective way to mediate the practice of double-booking is to require a credit card guarantee, which could be very inconvenient for folks without credit cards, and still pretty annoying for the rest of us.

I address this problem by modeling good behaviors (don't double book), and arguing against bad behaviors whenever they're discussed (make it clear that selfish actions are wrong and people shouldn't do them or advocate them).

Boardwalk Tigger said:

I think that must have been due to something else. I have had (until yesterday) two 4:30 reservations for the same day at the same park. We just couldnt decided where we wanted to eat and I just made both to be safe. Yesterday I called the change the name on one of them for someone here and it was still there. I do not think they cancel them nor do I think they should. In all honesty its like everything else, the person who really wants to get in, will becuase they keep trying. I have never had a problem getting an adr i wanted, but then im not so picky about times and such. Disney does overbook restaurants knowing that some will not show up. It says so right on the brochure, thats why at le cellier and the popular ones they have no room even for walk ups, they are already 30% overbooked.

Needless to say I dont double book everything, I think this is the first double booking Ive done, and if needed I would do it again without hesitaion, call me selfish or w/e.

I'm sure travel companies still do this practice and no one seems to mind that. If you remember, that is why they now require the deposit at CRT. Travel companies use to book up many of the time slots as an incentive to book a package with them. They still do it, but believe they are now at Crystal Palace and LeCellier, maybe even Chef Mickeys. Everyone has the same opportunity to book ADRs, I don't book doubles, but do book early. I just finished making my Feb ADRs because the current DDP plan looks scarey.

OK, now ya'll have me worried. We are going to WDW in 10 days - we are a grand gathering of 16 people-5 rooms. My sister handled ALL of the dining plans because sometimes 4 were going to one place, 8 to another and the other 4 somewhere else. All the reservations are in her name at both different times and same times on the same days. Should we worry that they might get cancelled? The confirmation numbers are all different and none (except the Safari and dinner) were on the Grand Gathering number. She made them directly through Disney Dining. :confused3 :confused3

2trips06Mom said:
OK, now ya'll have me worried. We are going to WDW in 10 days - we are a grand gathering of 16 people-5 rooms. My sister handled ALL of the dining plans because sometimes 4 were going to one place, 8 to another and the other 4 somewhere else. All the reservations are in her name at both different times and same times on the same days. Should we worry that they might get cancelled? The confirmation numbers are all different and none (except the Safari and dinner) were on the Grand Gathering number. She made them directly through Disney Dining. :confused3 :confused3

I really wouldnt worry, if you would feel better you can give them a call to confirm them.

I changed from one restaurant to another and the nice lady on the phone actually said, "Thank you for taking the time to cancel your other reservation". I had the feeling that people don't take the time to do that very often.

flortlebap said:
We are unable to get any ADRs for our trip (late Sept to mid Oct) because of selfish, inconsiderate people like this.
You are unable to get ADR's because of the free dining and all of the people who are partaking in that and made their reservations far in advance. I would not blame your lack of ADR's on the few people who make multiple bookings.

I am sorry that you feel so angered about the double bookings, but until Disney monitors their own booking system and eliminates that kind of behavior......what can we do. You can write a letter as Bicker suggests and then deal with their decision. I have no issue with a guarantee with a credit card, but then again, I do live within the rules. The other thing is if that is the case and how people do book and cancel, when you check into your resort go to guest services, and check availability... It changes all the time and you may get the reservation you are looking for.

That's about the size of things. Disney has the ability to control these multiple bookings--IF they want to.
All WE can do is just keep trying to get the Adr"s we want, then honor them. Or cancel if and when plans or circumstances change.

2trips06Mom said:

I really do not think you have anything to worry about. I have made multiple bookings for the same reason, and have never had a problem. If they start cancelling reservations like it is sugguested in this post, they will have many unhappy guests. Disney wants their guests happy, and their tables filled. :) They will not cancel your ADR's. It is silly how people stress over ADR planning issues! I find planning for my large family a blessing. We have the good fortune of going to Disney! LEt's all be happy and non judgemental! :wizard:

Have a great trip!

2trips06Mom said:
No, I wouldn't worry because they see that there are so many people in your party and you're eating at different places. I was in charge of three families and 6 of us ate at one place, 2 went to another and 3 went to another but I scheduled them all around the same time so we may get out about the same time to get back together for the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter