• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

son going to start work for Disney

sanddune

DIS Veteran
Hi! My son is going to start working at Disney beginning the New Year !! He's doing the college term thing down there. I'm happy for him. But, worried also. His girl friend is going also. Mother hen having trouble. I guess. I'm so happy for him. he's been talking about this for 6 years!

I did the CP years and YEARS ago (wow, I'm old) and had the time of my life. Don't worry about him - he will be fine. He'll have a wonderful time, get lots of great work experience and make some some friends that he will have for many years to come.

:cool1:

If you have any questions, just want to read more about the program or anything, there are several parent's thread's under the College Board heading.

It was the best decision I ever made! Every single job interview I have had in my life has started with "Hey you worked at Disney? Were you Mickey? " and gone on from there. It looks great on a resume. They are very strict with attendance and tardiness, so they teach you a great work ethic.

He will love it, and now you have an excellent reason to go pop in for a visit! Just be careful, it is VERY tempting to stay at the end of your CP and get a job instead of returning to college. Some people go to CP and never leave :) He can always finish up school and then go back to Disney. Some of my fellow CPS transferred to UCF to finish school.

I think that sounds very exciting. My DS13 is already talking about how he wants to do that. I hope he does. I want so badly for my children to go after their dreams and achieve them so they are not stuck in jobs they do not like for the rest of their lives (not like I know what that is like!!!). I, too, know it sure will be hard seeing them go, though, and I still have 4 1/2 more years until he leaves!!! My older DS15 talks about Berklee School of Music. That scares me a whole lot more! Congratulations to your son and best wishes for you on his leaving the nest. I hope you both will do great!

Thank you to all of you! I'm just having a little bit of trouble letting the oldest go.I'm like this.:hug: and:woohoo: He's like this.:woohoo::banana::cool1:

That's Awesome!!! :thumbsup2 I participated in the WDWCP (10 years ago wow how time flies) and it was a life changing experience. I had the time of my life but also learned a foundation of knowledge that has helped me to get to where I am today. My girlfriend at the time was also accepted into the program and we drifted apart after the 1st day we both decided that we needed to experience everything Vista Way and the WDWCP had to offer on our own. Plus once I was there and realized there were 4 girls to every 1 guy (at that time) my 18 year old male brain took over :lmao: But seriously I have no doubt that your son is going to have the time of his life....:goodvibes

I did the CP in the summers of 1998 and 1999. I had a boyfriend when I started the program...but it was hard as I met SO many people all the time.

My roommates from the program are now my best friends and I can hands down say it was the best experience of my life.

He's so lucky - tell him to enjoy! (but to take thier rules seriously - they mean them).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter