Something About Nothing............ #14

Anyone for steps?

i-ccJSJz8-X2.jpg

Glad we managed a walk this morning, not quite as heavy a climb as these steps, they are very steep. Nice to see the trees start to fill up again.

But, enjoyed a bit of fresh air before coming home for a hot chocolate, early, but welcome!!!

Ah, that city drive. At least quick enough, but oh so dark, and still wore jacket, though may not need it when I commute back this afternoon. 46 as I got out the door, and should be 76 degrees as I get out of the office. Warmest day this week. I’ll take it. Perfect Spring day.

And a good day to eat a taco. That’s right, a Taco Tuesday is here. Taco Bell says meal time at its restaurants today. Sadly, older one won’t be home until evening, and no Taco Bell’s in the part of the city I’m in, so doubt any Taco Bell visit today. But the thought of tacos is enough to remember the day of the week. The one before our hump of a day feeling Wednesday. And a yay, as then this week will be half over.

So quiet is the office so far. Tea from hot water tap bottle and screen to get back to.

Ruth is getting ready, sounds like a fun trip.
Charade’s countdown is now in the teens. Woot to both your trip countdowns.

That does look very steep, Schumi. Nice, this time of year, to see all the green in the outdoors now.

Most Terrific Taco Tuesday to you all. Tacos 🌮, the thoughts for today. Yay.

Slow day at work. One therapist finally got approval to submit Medicare claims but can’t start submitting them until the 16th. This whole process is mind numbing.

We survived, having a ball
Nice pictures. It was too cloudy here.

Anyone for steps?
No thanks. Those remind me of the steps to the Natural Bridge in Virginia. Fortunately they run a bus to it as well.

Charade’s countdown is now in the teens.
And I can’t wait to go. I wish I could make the trip longer.

Good Tuesday morning!

We did see a kind of sunrise, but so much cloud around today and high winds and rain for us this afternoon again, we are so ready for spring but not the nicest day ahead for us, least it`s not cold. But, planning a day in will be baking for a church event tomorrow, donations always welcome for them, we did think of going for a walk this morning, but doesn`t look great.

Lunch, grilled sandwiches I think, dinner will be peppered chicken breasts, I always make my own sauces and pepper sauce is one of Tom`s favourites, will do some buttered leeks and greens and maybe some mini roasties. Toast with marmalade for breakfast not for Tom as he doesn`t eat marmalade.

Always love that morning tea, second cup coming up.....

Ruth are you packed yet, not long till your trip now!!!

cv14-S.jpg

cv46-S.jpg

cv6-S.jpg

Happy Tuesday!!​
Well.................I have started to pack today:) I will spend most of tomorrow taking Mom to the store and wherever else she needs to go:) Will go to Robin's to night to give her instructions on checking on Mom, and to pick up a bowl that Roger made. He is going to take it to Luana's as a gift, so we get to pick out one of the ones already made:)
So, I really, really need to tie things up soon......... l 1/2 days and counting:) Hot weather here we come:)

Slow day at work. One therapist finally got approval to submit Medicare claims but can’t start submitting them until the 16th. This whole process is mind numbing.

Nice pictures. It was too cloudy here.

No thanks. Those remind me of the steps to the Natural Bridge in Virginia. Fortunately they run a bus to it as well.

And I can’t wait to go. I wish I could make the trip longer.

They are incredibly steep and a short walk up behind us in the woods, to be honest it`s easier going up them than coming down now!!!

It does sound quite a process with medicare stuff for you.

How is your daughter enjoying her new job?

Well.................I have started to pack today:) I will spend most of tomorrow taking Mom to the store and wherever else she needs to go:) Will go to Robin's to night to give her instructions on checking on Mom, and to pick up a bowl that Roger made. He is going to take it to Luana's as a gift, so we get to pick out one of the ones already made:)
So, I really, really need to tie things up soon......... l 1/2 days and counting:) Hot weather here we come:)

lol....you`re well organised for the trip, and yes, I know how much you`ll love that nicer weather for a change, it`ll be gorgeous. I`ll bet his sister is desperate to see you both.

We managed a walk in the dry this morning, then the rain started and forgot to stop, along with high winds it was the right day to spend at home. Still blowing a hoolie out there, going to be nice tomorrow though.

I got a lot of baking done and it all looked amazing, Tom dropped it all off at the church hall before dinner so I`m happy it`s all out of the way.

Dinner was lovely, chicken breasts were so large we just had some veg with them and my pepper sauce, very filling and maybe I made a little mini cake just for us to go with our after dinner pot of tea. Just plain old sponge layered with vanilla buttercream and lemon curd, lush!!

Dentist tomorrow afternoon to look forward to 🥴 highlight of my day!

I’m lol re Carole’s cat meme. Back home early afternoon after grabbing the Pooch.

Late afternoon dr appt. More tests ordered. Those annual ones seem to come around a lot quicker last few years. Running late, made hot dogs for dinner. Not as bad as it sounds. Split and stuffed with cheddar cheese & made both sweet potato & regular fries, all in air fryer. Everyone happy enough with it, works for me.

I’m whupped, will be early night for me.

I’m lol re Carole’s cat meme. Back home early afternoon after grabbing the Pooch.

Late afternoon dr appt. More tests ordered. Those annual ones seem to come around a lot quicker last few years. Running late, made hot dogs for dinner. Not as bad as it sounds. Split and stuffed with cheddar cheese & made both sweet potato & regular fries, all in air fryer. Everyone happy enough with it, works for me.

I’m whupped, will be early night for me.

It`s a good one isn`t it...made me laugh!!!

If I do sweet potato for me I have to do regular potato/fries for Tom, he just can`t get the taste for sweet potato. Only time I get away with it is when I add it to butternut squash and other ingredients to make a soup.

Glad you had such a good trip and hope you slept well last night!!

I woke up thinking I had just closed my eyes this morning, must have been out for the count and didn`t wake once during the night. But it is so lovely getting up when it`s light now especially this morning when the sun is shining and bright, going to be a lovely morning but might change this afternoon. High 50`s is not too bad for this time of year.

Not meeting friends for lunch today, I have a dental appointment early afternoon, so will make our way up there after an early lunch. Definitely walking this morning as it is beautiful out there, might be a little chilly, but hat and sunglasses works.

Cajun chicken breasts tonight for dinner, might just get some wraps and make quesadillas, will pick up some sour cream, smash an avocado and make up a cilantro free hot salsa, side salad and maybe wedges too.

Time for more tea, will grab something quick for breakfast then get out a walk, hopefully our weather will start to improve soon.

Have a lovely Wednesday!

cv2257%20%282%29-S.jpg

cv80-S.jpg

IMG_3374.jpeg

Ah yes, a happy camel here to remind all, it’s that mid week day, where we get over that hump of a day feeling, then fabulous Friday is a day away. Friday. The last day of my week day routine days, as woot, lazy weekend days after Friday.

Woke up before the alarm, sore throat. Achy, so after long hot shower, took drugs. Took some with me, as will take after lunch. Commute was so dark, and way too many red lights. No reason. No one around. Was part of a group of four of us that decided that the yellow was long enough for all of us to speed through. No one was on the side street that turned green. Sigh.

But parked and have been in a quiet office since arriving. Made a large mug of tea, and glad I have a box of tissues on my desk. Hope I feel better soon. Sigh. Don’t like to feel achy.

And so, hope all have a most Wonderful Wednesday today, and hope Ruth is packed and ready for her trip.

Hope Keisha’s tests are good news. And nothing wrong with a hot dog meal.Yay, we like air fried fries too. We had pasta with veggies for our dinner last night. Little one is a good cook.

Ugh. Cat woke me up at 4:30 and I have not been able to get back to sleep. I will be extra grumpy at work today.

I have started to pack today
Hope you have a wonderful trip. I want to start packing, but I don’t leave until the 27th.

How is your daughter enjoying her new job?
I think she likes it okay. She hasn’t gotten any rude customers yet.

Hope all goes well. I am reminded that I need to schedule a couple of things.
Your meal sounds good to me.

Woke up before the alarm, sore throat. Achy, so after long hot shower, took drugs. Took some with me, as will take after lunch
Hope you are feeling better soon and whatever this is will be a mild case.

I’m starting to feel sleepy. I’m going to see if I can get another hour of sleep before I have to get ready for work.

Morning all. Waiting for 2nd cup to brew.

Running around today, may just do pizza & hoagies. taking DS for post Op ck, then the ‘lil makes her confirmation at 7 pm.

Always strikes me poor tradition to have so late on weeknight vs Sunday afternoon etc. we go with the flow. Would’ve like to have taken family out for dinner but has track practice

She did well yesterday in her meet, ran the 400 in 107.

Ruth smart to start the packing sooner vs later. Sounds like a great trip planned

Carole good luck at the dentist! Eat a big(ger) lunch first lol

Hope Keisha’s tests are good news.
Run of the mill mostly. Having a new one done for the asthma souvenir I acquired after the covid/rsv. Seems like an easy one, forget the name, something about going into a booth & doing lots of measured breathing?
I will be extra grumpy at work today.
Did I hear grumpy?

IMG_0366.jpeg

Ugh. Cat woke me up at 4:30 and I have not been able to get back to sleep. I will be extra grumpy at work today.

Hope you have a wonderful trip. I want to start packing, but I don’t leave until the 27th.

I think she likes it okay. She hasn’t gotten any rude customers yet.

Hope all goes well. I am reminded that I need to schedule a couple of things.
Your meal sounds good to me.

Hope you are feeling better soon and whatever this is will be a mild case.

I’m starting to feel sleepy. I’m going to see if I can get another hour of sleep before I have to get ready for work.

Glad to hear it, the way some people speak to staff, just because they`re staff can be horrible at times.

Morning all. Waiting for 2nd cup to brew.

Running around today, may just do pizza & hoagies. taking DS for post Op ck, then the ‘lil makes her confirmation at 7 pm.

Always strikes me poor tradition to have so late on weeknight vs Sunday afternoon etc. we go with the flow. Would’ve like to have taken family out for dinner but has track practice

She did well yesterday in her meet, ran the 400 in 107.

Ruth smart to start the packing sooner vs later. Sounds like a great trip planned

Carole good luck at the dentist! Eat a big(ger) lunch first lol

Run of the mill mostly. Having a new one done for the asthma souvenir I acquired after the covid/rsv. Seems like an easy one, forget the name, something about going into a booth & doing lots of measured breathing?

Did I hear grumpy?

View attachment 850163

Congrats to Granddaughter, she is shining in sports!! And happy confirmation to her too, I think mine was early evening, I think, so long ago now, my first communion was a Saturday morning followed by the "breakfast".

Dentist was fine, fitted the crown back in but, guess....yep, I need a new crown, so appointment late May for that to be sorted. Least it`s back in now.

Hope DS gets the seal of approval from post check.

This morning...

i-n6SbgcR-L.jpg

......now it`s raining, cloudy and cold!! It was cold earlier too, but it was that nice chilly but sunny cold.

And we got teased for holding hands while we were walking lol.....what`s wrong with that????

Dentist was short and sweet, plan to eat something soft tonight so instead of quesadillas I`ll just do mashed potato and chicken breast, I have some cauliflower to steam too, so it`s still a nice dinner.

Heating is back on, I think it`s been off most of the day, but definitely not so nice out there.

No hot drinks for a few hours, so pineapple juice for me till later.

Good Wednesday morning everyone :wave2:

IMG_2970.jpeg

IMG_3053.jpeg

IMG_2972.jpeg

IMG_3232.gif

I do think it`s a man thing for tv`s, we have far too many of them to begin with, but I wasn`t going to argue over a tv.......
I’am the same he can buy whatever he want’s . He does like his TV’s.

Congratulations on the new baby in the family, and gald to hear he is getting on well and thriving as the days go on. And good to know your granddaughter is improving too, it takes some patience when one has a broken bone, most folks struggle to sit and take it easy.

Have a great day Robbie.
Thank you. Little S is home with his mom and dad. My sister K sent me some pictures. He is so adorable. He is so tiny.

Granddaughter is very active so having patience to heal is a good thing.

We survived, having a ball
Nice pictures of the Eclipse. So good to hear you had a nice time.

Anyone for steps?
Wow…..that is a lot of steps. The area looks very pretty with all the trees turning green.

But, enjoyed a bit of fresh air before coming home for a hot chocolate, early, but welcome!!!
Always good to get some fresh air and having a treat when you get home is nice as well. There are those particular foods and drink that are nice to enjoy on a cool day. Hot chocolate is one of them for sure.

Hope you got back to sleep a little while before you had to leave to work.

Congratulations to your granddaughter one her run time. Confirmation is a special event for her and the family. Enjoy.

This morning...
Beautiful picture of the sea.

And we got teased for holding hands while we were walking lol.....what`s wrong with that????
Nothing wrong with holding hands.

It rained a little on and off yesterday then rained hard this morning at 3:30 am. I heard it pelting the windows. I got up for a little while then back to sleep. Did sleep in a little.

It went dark here for the total Eclipse on Monday. I was out on the back porch and went and called for hubby.

Was interesting as the Eclipse started. The birds were singing then when it went dark they all stopped singing and there was total silence. It did confuse the wildlife a little for sure.

Everyone’s outdoor house lights came on including ours.
IMG_9513.jpeg

IMG_9515.jpeg

Was nice to hear that the event pumped a lot of money into the local economies along its path.

I’am watching little J tomorrow. Looking forward to spending time with my little buddy. We can always find something to do.

Cooler for the next few days in the low 60’s and more rain predicted for today and tomorrow. Spring weather for sure.

Need to get up on my office desk and get through some paperwork and mail.

Have a great Wednesday everyone.

IMG_3226.gif

Ah, late afternoon, went out with little one, got gas for the car, then we had a burger dinner, and came home. Then I fell asleep. Got up about a half hour ago, watched some tv, took some more drugs, and ready for bed. DH is already asleep, and soon I will be. Time to do that nighttime routine, and I am sure that alarm will sound before I know it. Will never be so glad to be coming home tomorrow afternoon. And thankful the next two week day routine days are not in the office. Sigh. I can see another nap when I get home tomorrow. Whatever this bug got into me, it better leave soon. At least I am not running a fever.

Hope all have a very good night. And hehe, my sister thought today was Thursday and little one thought it was a Tuesday. Nope, saw that camel. Yay, the week days are almost over. Tomorrow is Thirsty Thursday. Woot!

Good Wednesday morning everyone :wave2:

View attachment 850237

View attachment 850236

View attachment 850238

View attachment 850230

I’am the same he can buy whatever he want’s . He does like his TV’s.

Thank you. Little S is home with his mom and dad. My sister K sent me some pictures. He is so adorable. He is so tiny.

Granddaughter is very active so having patience to heal is a good thing.

Nice pictures of the Eclipse. So good to hear you had a nice time.

Wow…..that is a lot of steps. The area looks very pretty with all the trees turning green.

Always good to get some fresh air and having a treat when you get home is nice as well. There are those particular foods and drink that are nice to enjoy on a cool day. Hot chocolate is one of them for sure.

Hope you got back to sleep a little while before you had to leave to work.

Congratulations to your granddaughter one her run time. Confirmation is a special event for her and the family. Enjoy.

Beautiful picture of the sea.

Nothing wrong with holding hands.

It rained a little on and off yesterday then rained hard this morning at 3:30 am. I heard it pelting the windows. I got up for a little while then back to sleep. Did sleep in a little.

It went dark here for the total Eclipse on Monday. I was out on the back porch and went and called for hubby.

Was interesting as the Eclipse started. The birds were singing then when it went dark they all stopped singing and there was total silence. It did confuse the wildlife a little for sure.

Everyone’s outdoor house lights came on including ours.
View attachment 850233

View attachment 850234

Was nice to hear that the event pumped a lot of money into the local economies along its path.

I’am watching little J tomorrow. Looking forward to spending time with my little buddy. We can always find something to do.

Cooler for the next few days in the low 60’s and more rain predicted for today and tomorrow. Spring weather for sure.

Need to get up on my office desk and get through some paperwork and mail.

Have a great Wednesday everyone.

View attachment 850232

Nice pictures Robbie, yes it was quite the event and always good to know local businesses benefit from events like this.

Babies are just so precious, you never forget that new baby smell!! I hear you with your granddaughter being so active and having to be patient, but hopefully she`ll be back to full health soon.

Yes, I love holding hands with my husband when we walk, I think it was more of a tease from someone we meet most days walking, I think he`d need to go buy some romance as his wife said he couldn`t even spell the word romance!!!

Thank you, I love where we live, it is very scenic and the sound of the water is something I`d miss if we moved inland.

I did smile though at your temps and that being cool for you, we have to get mid 60`s and maybe even high 60`s up till Monday next week and we`re all thrilled it`s going to be so nice...lol......enjoy your time with the little guy today, they keep us young for sure.

Yes, going to be a nice day weather wise, still a little breezier than we`d like, but we`ll take anything that`s not cold.

Shopping this morning, so various places to stop off in to get different bits and pieces, one farm store will be much nicer to wander round as it`s basically a barn and can be cold even with their heat on, so all of us that use it welcome warmer weather. So, that`s our morning.

Lasagne for dinner tonight, made the meat in sauce last night so it`ll be extra tasty, going to have a bash at making my own lasagne sheets, normally buy fresh, never boxed but will have a go, I`m not the best pasta maker and we don`t eat that much pasta anyway, usually only as a side dish if we do and usually made into some kind of pasta salad. So, will make some salad to go with it and Tom loves garlic bread so will bake some up for him too.

But, breakfast first, French toast this morning for me, Tom is a cereal person some mornings, not for me, but both of us are tea drinkers so one big pot on the breakfast table is always welcome.

This afternoon I think we`ll make a start on clearing out the attics for the roof being replaced, we have two areas that we use for storage, they`re large so we do have a lot of stuff, might have a root through and see if we can get rid of anything, there must be something!! They`re floored out so not too bad to be up there as you can walk around most of it. Dusty though!

1712816163880.jpeg

cv69-S.jpg

Happy Thirsty Thursday 🥂

Ah, did not hear alarm go off nor hear DH get up. But did get up when heard what time it was. 12 minutes after I should have gotten up. Oops. Ugh, 55 out and feels so muggy. Should I leave jacket in car? What? Rain left on car? Huh, as didn’t know rainy overnight, but as heard weather reporting this morning, said some flooding seen this morning. Glad no flooding nor as wet seeing roads, where I commute. And, was happy, almost all green lights, so that few minutes saving of waiting for a red light, was appreciated. And ack, some one just ahead of me, turned like I did, egad, he’s ready to park too. Yay, I guess the spot he picked, was the one he wanted, but was not my favorite spot. He got out first, oh, that’s a guy I recognize on the floor below mine. Guess he was earlier today, as don’t see him or his car when I usually get here. But no matter. My office is quiet for about another 1/2 hour.

Big mug of tea, as still not feeling right. At least my throat is not as sore as when I woke up yesterday. Also glad I have tissues in the car, as well as the office. Not congested, but every so often I feel like I should blow my nose. Pills ready to be taken, now that I ate a tastykake. Have more to take at lunchtime again. I don’t like taking much, but when I don’t feel well, I have no problem taking medicine routinely for a couple of days.

Thirsty Thursday, the day reminder, you should drink enough. Hydration this time of year, when it’s getting more warm, and even more muggy, is a good thing to ensure. So do your part, drink up, and raise a mug, cup, or glass to the fact that the week days end tomorrow. Yay, should be getting ready for that Fabulous Friday feeling tomorrow, when you wake up. Woot! Almost mid April already. And that much closer to Ruth and Charade’s trips. Woot!

IMG_4981.jpeg
If your mind goes to Monty Python’s song “Always Look on the Bright Side of Life” you are my people.

IMG_0864.jpeg
Confirmation Services were lovely but foot throbbing & swollen. Oddly, stepped on huge bumble bee that was crawling on a throw rug in bathroom (the big bushy sort that keeps on stinging) right before leaving house.

Have a huge andromeda bush outside front door that attracts hundreds of bees when it first blooms every year. I do my best to skirt it until the swarm subsides, can’t bring myself to have it removed as so pretty.

Swollen foot, Benadryl taken and epi pen in hand, off I went. Pretty sure I nodded off a few times lol. Just sore today, whee. All the better to visit the dentist for a filling. I’m on a roll.

Have I mentioned I’m running away to Florida in 5 days?

Sounds like it will be a fun day!
Hope all have a very good night. And hehe, my sister thought today was Thursday and little one thought it was a Tuesday. Nope, saw that camel
The camel is wise
I think he`d need to go buy some romance as his wife said he couldn`t even spell the word romance!!!
Probably spells it with three letters beginning with S & ending in X. Thank God for men who know how to spell it properly!
This afternoon I think we`ll make a start on clearing out the attics for the roof being replaced
Haha there may be buried treasure up there or scary stuff. I’m good with basements, attics give me the Willies.

Quick stop in as I need a break from insurance. I have been trying to explain to one client how his insurance has changed but he just isn’t getting it. I have a headache and I’m ready to get on that plane to Florida. I told one of our therapists that it is tempting to not come back. Did I mention that I found out that there is no age limit on the Disney college program? I’m eligible to apply. Dh says I should. Yeah, I can’t see myself selling Mickey ears for several months.

30 minutes until lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter