Something About Nothing............ #14

Brisket in, cake made, noodles cooking for Italian pasta salad.

Realized I’m short on confectioners sugar = impromptu run to store in a bit. I usually have backup for all staples in pantry. Duh

Carole your friend sounded like my sort of people. All we can hope for is those we leave behind have happy memories of us

Ruth should be enjoying family time by now! Hope they didn’t hit those bands of storms

Lynne flood warnings all night on phone. Even on night mode & silent? I get the importance but ugh should be a way to silence them. Only 40 here brrr. Forecast to go into mid 50s.

Good morning everyone. Today is house cleaning and laundry day. Such excitement. I was just going through some mail that I had tossed aside. There was something from my AA awards credit card. I thought it was another attempt to get me to take out a personal loan. Thank goodness I opened it because it was a $125 flight voucher. This will help with our flights to Disney next year.

Tonight B and I are going back to the 80s. Our local symphony is doing an 80s concert. Should be fun.

Keisha, I'm usually the cook.
Typically every weekend home I'll cook something nice for whoever has a birthday or anniversary that week.
I love brisket, having lived in Texas for a half dozen years or so. I half smoke half low roast most now. Make up sauces for the major types. Mustard, ketchup, mollases etc, not a fan of the straight hot vinegar.

Brisket in, cake made, noodles cooking for Italian pasta salad.

Realized I’m short on confectioners sugar = impromptu run to store in a bit. I usually have backup for all staples in pantry. Duh

Carole your friend sounded like my sort of people. All we can hope for is those we leave behind have happy memories of us

Ruth should be enjoying family time by now! Hope they didn’t hit those bands of storms

Lynne flood warnings all night on phone. Even on night mode & silent? I get the importance but ugh should be a way to silence them. Only 40 here brrr. Forecast to go into mid 50s.

I can smell that brisket from here janet.....lush!!! I think we call confectioners sugar, icing sugar over here.

You would have liked her Janet, she also knew how to laugh at everything, but the most loyal friend ever, and always right lol.....and yes, we have so many good memories of her.

Enjoy that feast later, sounds really good!

Good morning everyone. Today is house cleaning and laundry day. Such excitement. I was just going through some mail that I had tossed aside. There was something from my AA awards credit card. I thought it was another attempt to get me to take out a personal loan. Thank goodness I opened it because it was a $125 flight voucher. This will help with our flights to Disney next year.

Tonight B and I are going back to the 80s. Our local symphony is doing an 80s concert. Should be fun.

Nice with the voucher Charade!!!

Keisha, I'm usually the cook.
Typically every weekend home I'll cook something nice for whoever has a birthday or anniversary that week.
I love brisket, having lived in Texas for a half dozen years or so. I half smoke half low roast most now. Make up sauces for the major types. Mustard, ketchup, mollases etc, not a fan of the straight hot vinegar.

Yep, I always make my own sauces for everything, they can`t be beaten.

what time should I show up for desserts?

asking for a friend

lol.....us too mac!!!!

In saying that, my Thai curry that has been simmering away all day and it smells gorgeous, the bullet chillies have caught our throat a couple of times when we`ve wandered through to the kitchen, it`ll be lovely!

It`s been a nice old day, enjoyed the brass band in the village this morning, had lunch in one of our coffee shops with two friends who were there too, just sandwiches but they are so nice, then home.....got a load of new towels washed, dried and put away this afternoon, warm and breezy, perfect for drying. Caught up with some friends too with phone and email.

Now enjoying a spicy pineapple margarita, Tom`s is without the bullet chillies, very nice though. Watching some tv as it`s too breezy to sit out, about to start watching the tv show Wednesday, looks good actually.

Time for a top up apparently.......my husband has an empty glass!

Spooky movie tonight, still to decide which one.

Make up sauces for the major types. Mustard, ketchup, mollases etc, not a fan of the straight hot vinegar.
Mine is sitting on counter settling in before I start to poke at it to figure which section goes each way to slice it down.

I’m drooling lol

Family not a fan of sauce on it, dry rub all the way. I do prepare some on the side tho, for me. They enjoy it on brioche buns, some with coleslaw on top.

Ah, while not warm today, sun did come out, so DH out there mowing the grass.

Did some grocery shopping this morning, then had salads for lunch. Then chilled the afternoon away.

Feeling like I could eat, will see what the other two are interested in. Bbq does sound delicious. Wish we had a good one here, though the one we go to is good, but wish their brisket was better. That’s my favorite meat when at a bbq place. That and good mac and cheese. Which the place we do go to, has the best I have found. Hmm. It’s getting to be dinnertime here.

I did a change this evening for our dinner.
Usually get food out (pizza on Saturday)
i decided after 45 years of it weekly it would be a good thing to make a change.

Mr Mac was surprised.
He asked me 3 times when will we have pizza as it’s always pizza on saturday.and then we have leftover pizza with a salad for Sunday lunch

again I gently told him we no longer will have
left over pizza for Sunday lunch.

will wait until Sunday another new menu will take over as it will be another new meal for a new dinner.
I hope he can handle it.

We eat chicken on Monday…

Told him he will be in another shock when he finds out what dinner will be on Sunday.

Family not a fan of sauce on it, dry rub all the way. I do prepare some on the side tho, for me. They enjoy it on brioche buns, some with coleslaw on top.

That sounds so good!! I`m a sauce fan, but agree with not liking too much on the meat itself but more as a side. However I do tend to use more on ribs for some reason, now I`m thinking of ribs for this week sometime.

i decided after 45 years of it weekly it would be a good thing to make a change.

Mr Mac was surprised.
He asked me 3 times when will we have pizza as it’s always pizza on saturday.and then we have leftover pizza with a salad for Sunday lunch

will wait until Sunday another new menu will take over as it will be another new meal for a new dinner.
I hope he can handle it.

Told him he will be in another shock when he finds out what dinner will be on Sunday.

It`s nice to change it up for food. When I was a kid we had set nights for some dishes, nope, I vary our menu so we don`t get bored. But, hope mr mac is happy with what you have chosen!

We have a gorgeous morning here, sun is blistering and blue skies all round.

We don`t have one single plan today except to just enjoy the day. I cooked a boned leg of lamb overnight in the slow cooker and my goodness the aroma is beautiful this morning. Red wine, garlic, red bullet chillies, rosemary, a little thyme, black pepper, a whole jar of cranberry sauce and chicken stock simmer wonderfully together. I trim the fat off too so it`s not a fatty dish, lamb doesn`t have to be fatty the way some folks think, so that will be dinner tonight and tomorrow too, will reheat in the gravy I`ll make from the liquid.

Later breakfast I think as sleeping beauty is planning to not get up till much later but seeing as it`s such a gorgeous morning I`ll go wake him I think. It`s not going to be too warm, but hey, will take sunshine anyday. I think we`ll get out in the garden a little too, although our gardener doesn`t like me touching plants and herbs as I do not have green fingers!!!

Second cup of tea here then shower and breakfast I think......will go and gently nudge him awake......😉

1713077839370.gif

Poached egg on avocado toast this morning for me, minus the avocado for Tom, then we`ll see if we do decide to do something or not. Bifold doors are wide open in the kitchen, it is a little cool sitting over here at the table but it will be lovely when the sun comes around.

Have a lovely Sunday!

i-34bB4W5-S.jpg

cv37-S.jpg

cv36-S.jpg

IMG_4990.jpeg
Family broke a cardinal rule, scarfed down food so fast I couldn’t get a pic. I get it, was snitching those burnt ends whole time I was a-Slicing 😇

Charade did you & DD have a nice time?

Carole not sure of the heat scale of those peppers but my eyes are starting to water!

My guy just starting to stir. Need to start late breakfast. Bacon & whatever at this point. Admit to having small sliver of cake 3 hours ago with first coffee

Wish we had a good one here, though the one we go to is good, but wish their brisket was better. That’s my favorite meat when at a bbq place.
Here, Smokey bones only one Meh. As my family says, I’m the only game in town (and it’s $ free .99)

in small, nearby city many guys would set up huge smokers in small, grassy areas near main thoroughfares and sell the bestest bbq.

Few years ago the do-gooders stepped in and cried foul as to not complying with food safety inspections. Sigh. Now, in same spots are rotating food trucks with far lessor quality and triple the price.

Mr Mac was surprised.

I hope he can handle it.

The suspense may kill him lol

as kids we never asked what dinner would be as stock reply was “food”. We ate whatever was put in front of us. Parents could care less if we liked it, or not. Lots of nutritious organ sort of meat on that table as cheap.

Conversely, there was a delicious over-the-top homemade dessert daily lol. Life is all about balance

Have a great one guys, upper 70s today here

View attachment 851503
Family broke a cardinal rule, scarfed down food so fast I couldn’t get a pic. I get it, was snitching those burnt ends whole time I was a-Slicing 😇

Carole not sure of the heat scale of those peppers but my eyes are starting to water!

My guy just starting to stir. Need to start late breakfast. Bacon & whatever at this point. Admit to having small sliver of cake 3 hours ago with first coffee

Here, Smokey bones only one Meh. As my family says, I’m the only game in town (and it’s $ free .99)

in small, nearby city many guys would set up huge smokers in small, grassy areas near main thoroughfares and sell the bestest bbq.

Few years ago the do-gooders stepped in and cried foul as to not complying with food safety inspections. Sigh. Now, in same spots are rotating food trucks with far lessor quality and triple the price.

The suspense may kill him lol

as kids we never asked what dinner would be as stock reply was “food”. We ate whatever was put in front of us. Parents could care less if we liked it, or not. Lots of nutritious organ sort of meat on that table as cheap.

Conversely, there was a delicious over-the-top homemade dessert daily lol. Life is all about balance

Have a great one guys, upper 70s today here

lol....they are HOT!! Carolina Reaper hot. I made the fatal mistake of slightly touching my eye once after I was cutting them.....holy mother of all that is holy!!!! I was actually screaming and blundering around the kitchen.....lol....it`s funny now, but Tom thought I had seriously injured myself. I now wear surgical gloves when using them. In a Margarita you really only need a tiny piece or your lips really, really burn!!!!

Glad the meal was such a success, sounds so good and nothing wrong with cake for breakfast!! And bacon.....lush!!!!

1713104207944.gif

Absolutely bursting with pride today with Kyle......

He completed his first marathon earlier today and did it 3 and a half hours!!! We watched him on the online stream cross the finish line and he was barely breaking a sweat, he looked so good and yep, I admit there were tears to see him do it.

He called us after and was so happy, will chat to him more later as Chloe appeared when she finished so we`ll chat later on facetime when back at the hotel tonight. It was fun for us as we could track him online as he ran round the course and he was so consistent all the way, that boy is precise!!

Can`t wait to see all the pictures as he bought the picture package so we should see some good ones along the course.

Yup.....proud as punch with him!!!

Now we can move and do something, looking forward to our lamb dinner tonight!

Happy Sunday. It’s a lazy one for me. I overslept and missed church this morning. I have no plans for the day except going to the grocery store. We are in desperate need of food here. We had Chinese last night. My fortune said “This March, you will make important decisions.” We are planning a Disney vacation for March, so I guess that’s where the important decisions will happen.

Make up sauces for the major types. Mustard, ketchup, mollases etc, not a fan of the straight hot vinegar.
When we moved to eastern NC we were not warned about the vinegar based bbq sauce. It came as quite a shock.

Bbq does sound delicious. Wish we had a good one here,
Same here. We have a couple that are okay, but nothing outstanding. Now I’m craving bbq.

Hope your Mr. was okay with the change.

To borrow a popular expression from the 80’s - the concert was totally awesome. The orchestra was great and the guest vocalists were amazing. Several people came dressed in 80’s fashions. I did not. I had to explain a couple of things to B.

That’s the best way to get bbq.

Absolutely bursting with pride today with Kyle......

He completed his first marathon earlier today and did it 3 and a half hours!!!
Congratulations to Kyle! I don’t know much about running, so I googled and that is a great time especially for a first marathon.

It’s almost noon. I should probably get up and get some lunch. I think B is still asleep.

Happy Sunday. It’s a lazy one for me. I overslept and missed church this morning. I have no plans for the day except going to the grocery store. We are in desperate need of food here. We had Chinese last night. My fortune said “This March, you will make important decisions.” We are planning a Disney vacation for March, so I guess that’s where the important decisions will happen.

When we moved to eastern NC we were not warned about the vinegar based bbq sauce. It came as quite a shock.

Same here. We have a couple that are okay, but nothing outstanding. Now I’m craving bbq.

Hope your Mr. was okay with the change.

To borrow a popular expression from the 80’s - the concert was totally awesome. The orchestra was great and the guest vocalists were amazing. Several people came dressed in 80’s fashions. I did not. I had to explain a couple of things to B.

That’s the best way to get bbq.

Congratulations to Kyle! I don’t know much about running, so I googled and that is a great time especially for a first marathon.

It’s almost noon. I should probably get up and get some lunch. I think B is still asleep.

Anything from the 80`s is alright by me, sounds like fun, glad you both had such a lovely evening.

Thank you! Yes, for a first time marathon runner he did really well, we are so proud of him and the effort he puts into running as a hobby, I get exhausted just thinking about it!

Chatted to Kyle over Facetime, he is tired but happy they all did so well.

Then watched The Sixth Sense, amazing movie, I remember us going to the cinema in the afternoon to watch it, about four other people in the theatre and we were among very few folks who didn`t know the twist!!

Might head to bed soon, feel like an early night, yawning my head off right now......

Hope keisha has a nice journey down to Orlando and has a lovely trip!!

IMG_3378.jpeg

Was a beautiful afternoon. Not quite the time for my sister to open the pool, but nice to see all her plants doing well, except for some that the deer munched on. Shorts weather time, including me. Walk into our local part of the township, and smelled good the places there. Picked up burgers there. They do a great job, and tacos that older one likes, but I don’t. Made our own fries. And a salad. Early dinner. Done.

Alarm set, trash cans to curb and a nice Sunday night in store for us, as still warm out. And we will be close to 80. I’ll take that for a Monday. Back to low 70’s with rain starting Wednesday, then ack, 60’s and even a 55 in that end of week forecast.

Congratulations to Kyle for his great time running.

Keisha, safe travels, and Ruth, hope having fabulous family fun.

Had burnt end and pulled pork last night.
Last brownie scarfed earlier.
Walked 10k steps with DW.
We were gonna have sausage peppers and onions but we looked at each other and said sammiches at the same time.
Eldest doxie is 12 today and is getting pampered. Center dappled one.

Attachments

• IMG_5151.jpg
    IMG_5151.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 3
Aw, Junkie, so cute doggies.

Ah, as went to bed last night, I remarked, that rain is loud. At least it was later in the night, and all were home. But yay, that warm is here, as already 56 degrees and clear. Saying a mostly full day of that glorious Spring sunshine.

Nice that the first noise I usually hear outside, is that cardinal. That, and traffic on the main road near our home. And, soon enough, trash trucks will be heard. So glad, to not be commuting today. Nicest weather of the week. So glad, we are getting more warm days than cooler ones. And, hehe, countdown to trip, for Charade and us, is getting ever that much lower.

Most Marvelous Monday to all. Sigh. Week day routine has started. But means, will make this Friday, a lazy one. Yay for that. And ack, Keisha could be seeing hail and storms today. Stay safe, Keisha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter