• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing ... #12

What time at sals?
I do not think they have anything I can eat there as I can't do mushrooms but will come and sit, visit and watch all eat

Since I won't be around much tomorrow, someone give me a heads up on the meet time

The 11 th will work for me

I don't know what sals is, it's hard for me to give a definite yes since we're always with the kiddos. I'll watch on here for plans though and swap numbers with anyone :flower3:

I don't know what sals is, it's hard for me to give a definite yes since we're always with the kiddos. I'll watch on here for plans though and swap numbers with anyone :flower3:
Sal's is a pizza place at portofino. Kids are more than welcome in my book if you want to drop by. I'm the youngest of 6 and I have 10 nieces and nephews... I for one am used to a big group and kids being around. The more the merrier! It's a serve yourself market like most the hotels have and then they have pretty good pizzas. They also have sandwiches, but I have not tried them. There's also a nearby gelato, Starbucks, and grab and go snacks for anyone who doesn't want to eat pizza. If you get off the boat and go directly to the center towards the lobby sal's will be just to the right of the lobby stairs.

On the 11th the parks close at 7, so is 730 a good meal time for everyone? Honestly, I can eat as early or late as anyone feels.

Does anyone have any votes on meeting place/time on the 9th?
If we do a meal time we could do fast food blvd and those who want to eat can(12-2?) If we do an off meal time (say 3-5 between food and HHN) we could do Central Park as it's usually very quiet. (Macs location suggestions) Or even one of the old boat landings at IOA, but that might make it a race to get to HHN holding areas.
Anyone is welcome to chime in and I'll tally and organize the thoughts.

Here I am on the dis when maybe I should get things together for the trip

TinyD is right
I usually pull it all together 4 hours before leaving the house

But this time I'm not sure I can find everything I need to pack

Not going to lose sleep on this
Try not to stress too much. Target will be just down the road.
Magic band, money, ID, and tickets. Other than that it can be rebought right? (Your car might also be helpful.)

If you don't have time to get laundry done it can be done at the hotel while you lounge by the pool and wear your, I mean drink some crown.

Take a deep breath and on the way out think about the dark side..... :)
Not sure if I'm more relaxed or pumped doing that! It'll all work out some way or another.

Sal's is a pizza place at portofino. Kids are more than welcome in my book if you want to drop by. I'm the youngest of 6 and I have 10 nieces and nephews... I for one am used to a big group and kids being around. The more the merrier! It's a serve yourself market like most the hotels have and then they have pretty good pizzas. They also have sandwiches, but I have not tried them. There's also a nearby gelato, Starbucks, and grab and go snacks for anyone who doesn't want to eat pizza. If you get off the boat and go directly to the center towards the lobby sal's will be just to the right of the lobby stairs.

On the 11th the parks close at 7, so is 730 a good meal time for everyone? Honestly, I can eat as early or late as anyone feels.

Does anyone have any votes on meeting place/time on the 9th?
If we do a meal time we could do fast food blvd and those who want to eat can(12-2?) If we do an off meal time (say 3-5 between food and HHN) we could do Central Park as it's usually very quiet. (Macs location suggestions) Or even one of the old boat landings at IOA, but that might make it a race to get to HHN holding areas.
Anyone is welcome to chime in and I'll tally and organize the thoughts.
So you'll be at portofino too? COOL!

We'll be at motherland from Oct 6-9, then PBH from 9-13, HHN/ep 9 & 12 with dinner reservations at Lombard's both nights.

OOh, Mac's leaving soon! A wahoo, this cool starting Monday. My DD is a slacker, made her go out to top off the trash, and she complained it's cold. It was 43 out. No hun, that's just cool. In winter, when we're at freezing or below, then complain it's cold.

Hey Sharky, I'll be visiting the mouse from 2 to 8, then moving over to RPR from 8 to 14. So, if you'd like to say hi in either or both places, just let me know.

Oh, and I'll do most food, not seafood, and not mushrooms either. Sal's at 7:30 is fine with me, or if not dinner, can be in the Studios for lunch too. Haven't eaten with the Simpsons yet, but maybe this time.

So, it is Monday, and the last Monday of September.

th

and in honor of Mac heading to the Motherland,
th

th
- Hello all you homies. Wake up! Put a large pot of coffee on, and say hello. Mac, safe travels.

morning homies
i looked at the calendar and it is Monday.........better that it being Tuesday..

I looked at the menu again at Sal's and there is only one thing i would get there and that is the carrot cake.
i don't care for gelato and can't do the sauces and black olives.

i'll come over at 7:30 time period and watch everyone graze.
i'll eat somewhere before i come over.

tinyD, i won't have a car with me so no Target shopping.
i go with two suitcases so no laundry duty when i am on vacation.

it would not be the ideal vacation for me if i was next to a washer or dryer........lol

apparently i am in no rush as i got up late and sitting at the computer.
for some reason, i think i will be pulling it off doing a last minute packing.

forgot i have to take son to the doctor and take him out for lunch.

things have a way of falling into place with me so will be fine

Lynne, 43??
:cold:

a picture is worth a 1000 words.

Morning Mac and Lynne and all the Sans family :wave2:

I need a cup of coffee this am.
If there was an award for bags under eyes, I believe I would win :laughing: did not get to bed until 1:30 am.

Sister had a magical birthday at Magic Kingdom yesterday.

A big thank you to Mac for all your MNSSHP information and Andy and Tink for your help with a magical ressie for the birthday girl. She absolutely loved it.

The park was sold out for the party yesterday evening. It was hot and steamy.

There was a man that looked like he was about in his late 70's dressed in full wizard costume. I don't know how he could stand that costume in the heat.

He was standing by us with his family watching the Hocus Pocus stage show with the biggest smile on his face. When the song " I put a spell on you" started he danced. Very nice to see everyone having a good time.

Ready to head over to my favorite place today Universal:flower1:

Mac and Lynne and all the other homies have a safe trip into Orlando.

For those that are coming to Orlando, sunscreen and fluids of choice are the order of the day and pace yourself first couple days to aclimate to the heat.

Have a great Monday everyone.

OOh, Mac's leaving soon! A wahoo, this cool starting Monday. My DD is a slacker, made her go out to top off the trash, and she complained it's cold. It was 43 out. No hun, that's just cool. In winter, when we're at freezing or below, then complain it's cold.

Hey Sharky, I'll be visiting the mouse from 2 to 8, then moving over to RPR from 8 to 14. So, if you'd like to say hi in either or both places, just let me know.

Oh, and I'll do most food, not seafood, and not mushrooms either. Sal's at 7:30 is fine with me, or if not dinner, can be in the Studios for lunch too. Haven't eaten with the Simpsons yet, but maybe this time.

So, it is Monday, and the last Monday of September.

th

and in honor of Mac heading to the Motherland,
th

th
- Hello all you homies. Wake up! Put a large pot of coffee on, and say hello. Mac, safe travels.
The 7th we'll be in hs in the am and Epcot in the pm, the 8th we'll be in mk all day, catching up at the dark side may be easier :-)

Hey all

We'll be @ MNSSHP on the 11th woohoo, sad to miss sals

Are we still on for meet on the 9th @ studios in the afternoon?

Lynne - if u have a spare moment on your chew day in Epcot text me for a quick hi lol. Last I heard Blues Traveler is still on that day, we have the dining pkg thing. Probably should check that...

Mac - go pac...this from the gal who added to your chore list today:duck:. What are friends for?

Sharky never ate @ lombard's, you were lucky to score res.

Hey all

We'll be @ MNSSHP on the 11th woohoo, sad to miss sals

Are we still on for meet on the 9th @ studios in the afternoon?

Lynne - if u have a spare moment on your chew day in Epcot text me for a quick hi lol. Last I heard Blues Traveler is still on that day, we have the dining pkg thing. Probably should check that...

Mac - go pac...this from the gal who added to your chore list today:duck:. What are friends for?

Sharky never ate @ lombard's, you were lucky to score res.
Yes, as far as we know we're still a go on the 9th, just no particulars yet. I'm thinking around lunchish would be best so the bluers can get a move on.

The 11th I'll just be around and hangering for Sals so I decided to have an open invitation. Nothing formal... just if people are around and feel like a drink or pizza they're welcome.

Maybe we can make it the 8th, in the afternoon if all rather have that Saturday, instead of Sunday?

Sorry to miss ya on the 11th Keisha. Of course I'll give a text as I'd like to say hello to ya on the 5th at Epcot. As part of my package, I too have a reserved seat to see the Blues Traveler concert. So, I am sure we'll be able to cross paths some time that day. As least I hope so.

Sharky, yeah, maybe the darkside meet would be better, but I can always give ya a buzz if I'm around those parks on 7 and 8. On 7, I'm doing the opposite of you, but maybe when you go to Epcot in the PM, I might be able to say hello sometime. Will let ya know closer. And I will give you my cell via PM before I leave.

I rarely do the boards while on vacation. I just don't like connecting to a free wifi, and don't like to surf much on my phone.

So, one more day down, I still have a ton of laundry to do, and errands to make sure all is fixed while I am away. Thankfully, since DS is now a driver, if they need anything, he can drive to get it. And now that he does drive, DD wants him to take her and friends places. HeHe, now he knows that mom's taxi label was not lost when we gave him my old car. :car:

Try not to stress too much. Target will be just down the road.
Magic band, money, ID, and tickets. Other than that it can be rebought right? (Your car might also be helpful.)

If you don't have time to get laundry done it can be done at the hotel while you lounge by the pool and wear your, I mean drink some crown.

Take a deep breath and on the way out think about the dark side..... :)
Not sure if I'm more relaxed or pumped doing that! It'll all work out some way or another.
Thanks for the reminder - I didn't have magic hands on my list to pack and they are still in their box hidden away in the closet.

I can't do Sal's - by 7:30 it's not a good idea to be around one of my kids. I have to feed them earlier. And since I'm off-site, I can't swing by solo. Have fun! Eventually, I'll be super flexible!

It's past 3pm and I haven't started to pack. I still need to clean up the house quite a bit too before we take off tomorrow morning.

Just tell me where to go the day and the time and I will be there

I'll check my emails/texts while at the motherland

Janet I'm in for that date
Just fill me in when you have date and time and location

Been sitting at doc office for son appt
Here at 1:30 and still here 3:20

Have not packed yet
Have to go to Walmart for groceries yet
Some things I need to pick up for my trip so WM is a 24 hour store and can swing by before I head for the airport shuttle

Maybe next year I will pack the day before my trip

The four hour window is 10 tonight
Which means I am not behind on time yet
Lol

Think all have my # so contact me that way or text or pm or email

Later

Lynne Saturday could work if it is in the afternoon

Ten of us are doing a private rip that gets over at 2 am Saturday

By the time we leave the park and reach our hotel it could be close to 3 am

I sleep in to about 10 on Saturday
But if there is a meet on Saturday I will try to be there

Lynne Saturday could work if it is in the afternoon

Ten of us are doing a private rip that gets over at 2 am Saturday

By the time we leave the park and reach our hotel it could be close to 3 am

I sleep in to about 10 on Saturday
But if there is a meet on Saturday I will try to be there
I'm in for a meetup.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter