Something About Nothing ... #12

Cam, so glad to hear you had such a wonderful trip!

I'm sure Toothsome will be better on your next trip, they are getting better reviews as time goes on.......so by time you come back they'll be perfect!

Glad your boy enjoyed Kong.......sort of......lol.......no maybe HHN isn't he best option.........

Glad you came back to let us know how your trip went........always good to hear........:)

@RAPstar @schumigirl So clearly I need to see Wicked! Read the books, but never saw the any of the shows.

@keishashadow oh! Got it. I missed that they were tiring prices for the parties too! I didn't know they gave a military discount either. You are chock full of helpful info!!

@cam757 how old is your son? Both my girls are tall enough to ride, but I was thinking it may traumatize them so we're planning to do the child swap. I remember my baby brother was slightly freaked out by the old one...and I think he was 8!

@RAPstar @schumigirl So clearly I need to see Wicked! Read the books, but never saw the any of the shows.

Wicked is the single best show I have ever seen! Wizard of Oz is one of my all time favourite movies so I wasn't sure what to expect.........it turns the original movie upside down and inside out........but in a fabulous way!

Seen it 3 times on Broadway and once in London, but hopefully see it again in London this year for our Christmas visit to the City. I do drive my family mad playing the CD too........love it! Although maybe it's the singing along from me they don't like.........I'm not much of a singer :D

If you get a chance, definitely see it...........:thumbsup2

Final 2 hours of The LoTR trilogy tonight.........

Final 2 hours of The LoTR trilogy tonight.........

So what do think so far on the LoTR? There are three Hobbit movies now to see. The Hobbit: Unexpected Journey, The Desolation of Smaug and The Battle of the Five Armies.

Sending :hug: to Mac. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hope you have safe travels back to Georgia.

Just saw the governor of Florida is calling for emergency to those on the tip of Florida and the gulf side of Florida with the approaching tropical storm. Haven't had a drop of rain in our area yet today, but they are saying the wind and rain is coming tonight, though not as bad a prediction here as for the gulf side.

Cam757 glad to hear you had a good time on your vaca. Humidity has been bad here in Florida. After you live here for awhile you get accustomed to it, but on a sunny 90 plus degree day with humidity in the 90's even the locals hide out :scared1:. Tropical plants love it though.

GoNDmay9 do you have a trip planned for UO soon?

Everyone is on the countdown Schumi, Tink, Mac, RAPstar, Lynne.

Went out for Sushi this afternoon for lunch. Did not agree with me. Thank God for gaviscon.

Hope everyone is having a lovely hump day.

Off to sample alcohol with the animals tonight. Seems our zoo has opened a beer garden.

So your off to drink with the animals are you :eek: :drinking1LOL

image.png

LOL Robo - partying with the animals should be fun. Actually, the zoo always puts on a nice spread and no drinking for me, I'm the DD. Kid has yet to get his official license. That will hopefully be remedied in a few weeks. Seems our local road test places book months in advance. Not what I had to do when I was a teen. Oh well. I am still learning the new requirements. Will be better prepared next year. And yeah, don't remind me, little one will be a sweet 16 then. We will grow from a 2 car, now 3 car to 4 car family. Pocket book poor with two college kids in the mix in a couple of years.

Such a beautiful day.

Oh, and saw the stage show Wicked in New York. I enjoyed it. I like musicals the most, but never got the chance to see Hamilton.

Fly by "hi"! Hope mac had safe travels!!

DH joked about taking middle DD on a quick trip somewhere since I took oldest one to DC this spring. I told him I said to take her to HHN at universal but it is prob too late this year as prices have gone up for hotels (he still doesn't believe me that planning AHEAD makes it much cheaper). I don't really have a desire to go but I think I'd enjoy planning it for them. Too bad Disneyland doesn't do a Christmas party like DW does. Have a perfect weekend to sneak me and DS to the west coast while the other 2 are hunting...
Ah well, maybe next year...

So what do think so far on the LoTR? There are three Hobbit movies now to see. The Hobbit: Unexpected Journey, The Desolation of Smaug and The Battle of the Five Armies.

Sending :hug: to Mac. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hope you have safe travels back to Georgia.

Just saw the governor of Florida is calling for emergency to those on the tip of Florida and the gulf side of Florida with the approaching tropical storm. Haven't had a drop of rain in our area yet today, but they are saying the wind and rain is coming tonight, though not as bad a prediction here as for the gulf side.

Fabulous! The end was so sad, I never expected that.........DS had a tissue ready for me as he knew I'd be blubbing........lol.......I was! He has the other DVDs too so we'll watch them too, maybe wait till after we come back.......

Loved it, but preferred Game of Thrones.........GoT I would give a 10 out of 10.........LoTR I would give a 9.5........ Close.

Hope your weather stays ok Robo and you're not affected by it all.........:thumbsup2 I think my god daughter and boyfriend were supposed to be heading to Anna Maria Island tomorrow but I'm sure her plans have changed.........I hope.

Got a shopping morning planned with a friend tomorrow now........always fun.........

The mr had a day off work today. Doing yard work & ran out of string for trimmer = run up to lowes. I Said I'd come along, kidnapped him! Poked around the Spriit Halloween store to play with the animatronics, picked out his new glasses and stuffed my face with sushi. Sweeeet

Andy - have to claim mr hilty as a Pittsburgher, well, another grad of CMU!
Good morning! Another bright and beautiful day. Off to sample alcohol with the animals tonight. Seems our zoo has opened a beer garden.

Mac, hugs.

GoN, yes, a significant price increase in the party. Now, it goes up and down depending on perceived popular dates. Apparently, I have a upper, but not highest rate. I hope that crowd prediction is way off, and not nearly as crowded. Next year, I'm going a week earlier, as I can get a military discount, hopefully, as they ended the discount at the end of September this year. My boy starts college today. Big sigh. Sometimes he seems grown up and sometimes not. Oh, and apparently his alarm clock doesn't work in waking him up. He's lucky I am. :D

Party animals indeed

Back from our trip! It was very nice, although it was HOT! You never really are ready for that level of humidity. Stayed 2 nights at AKL and 7 nights at RPR. Enjoyed AKL and glad we stayed but I do prefer WL. RPR was fantastic as usual. Love the new rooms. We were in T2 the first night and moved to T3 the rest of the stay so we were able to see the purple and the orange rooms. The parks were fun but it was a lot busier than I thought it was going to be. We did upgrade to APs so I am going to plan a getaway after Christmas. Tried Toothsome, it was okay. We did wait an hour for our food and I really was not impressed but I do take in consideration that at the time they had only been open 4 days so I look forward to trying it again when we visit next time. I did buy a six pack of bon bons and they are delicious. The banana rum is divine. DS had a great time. He did ride Kong under great protest. He is scared of monsters but has no problem riding roller coasters :confused3. I don't think it traumatized him but we did do child swap for Mummy. Needless to say, I don't think HHN is in our future. :rotfl2:

Thanks to all on the board for the information you have provided. The tips provided on this forum are invaluable and I know I referenced DIS several times to my DH during our trip.

Nice mini review, you just missed the increase in AP price btw! Hmm, both AK & WL are among my favs, lobbies are very similar. Jury is out on WL for us. Haven't been back since last construction on main pool, have concerns as to the trees being removed and villas on the waterline. Sometimes change isn't a good thing, would like to think I'm wrong. Used to be our fav as to overall theming.

kicking myself for missing out the AP price increase! totally knew it was coming too based on the article - just didnt act fast enough. arrrggghhh. however, i was planning on doing the bridge using the amex points ticket - so it would have required an emergency drive to orlando in the middle of the night - would have cost me the difference in gas... right?? right??? and i would rather pay 40 more to keep from forking out the 230ish in cash for the 2 day ticket. #tryingtomakemyselffeelbetter #SomebodyCallDocandMarty

@pcstang @Bluer101 my parents just told me they probably won't renew next year based on the latest increase. :( ours will probably depend on whether we go private or public for school next year.

@schumigirl @Robo56 @Lynne G sold on wicked! my brother and his wife are on broadway seeing hamilton too.

@Monykalyn i try to tell my dad about booking ahead for cruises all the time. he won't budge! i even told him that you can get a refund if the price goes down and even cancel. but nooooooooo. no budging.

@Robo56 just booked for the weekend after labor day. pbh for the weekend then BC for the week - perhaps a trip to SW at some point.

just booked my parents sapphire falls as a surprise!

hope all my floridians gafloridalinians and people traveling stay as safe and stay as dry as possible with Hermine in the gulf.

@pcstang glad it posted here! think i will take the oldest. still iffy on the youngest - she is a little jumpy.

@cam757 how old is your son? Both my girls are tall enough to ride, but I was thinking it may traumatize them so we're planning to do the child swap. I remember my baby brother was slightly freaked out by the old one...and I think he was 8![/QUOTE]

He is 10. He is a bit of a scaredy cat. He was in tears while we were in line for mummy so there was no way we could make him ride it. For Kong we had to get him to wear sunglasses so he couldn't see and he tucked his head under my arm so he couldn't hear, yet he rode Mako at Sea World twice and that one scared me.

Cam757 glad to hear you had a good time on your vaca. Humidity has been bad here in Florida. After you live here for awhile you get accustomed to it, but on a sunny 90 plus degree day with humidity in the 90's even the locals hide out :scared1:. Tropical plants love it though.

Thanks Robo56! I lived in SE Fla. when I was a kid. I must of blocked out the memory of humidity.Whew! The beauty of the tropical flora is so worth it though.

Thanks Schumi!

PS mac is in probably in not-too-sunny FL. Hope the storm doesn't mess with her too much eek
Thank you Keisha, schumi, Lynne, robo, monyK, homies

Yes a lot of rain today from the skies and my eyes

4 in the honor guard and the lone trumpeter did Taps in heavy rain

Not sure where the storm will hit now
I am in Gainesville tonight and heard Ga is in line for heavy rain
75 does not seem to be good on Friday

I have no idea of when I can return home as brother now needs me

Internet here spotty now but will be back later when connection is better

Yes I did want rain but I meant for the area over my house and not here

Hope it's okay if I jump in. I can't check it as often as some but I'm enjoying reading the conversation!

Our plan is child swap for our 7 year old for Kong on our next trip. (We don't have our exact dates yet as things are a bit crazy and we have something big in the works. Probably end of Sept). He's a really timid kid though - he finally will do MIB but with his hands over his eyes. I am hoping there's a way to do child swap without the scared child having to wait in the line. I know Mummy has a way to do this. (That line scared him so no chance of doing the ride). My 10 year old will be doing Kong though. If she's scared, she'll recover fast. If the 7 year old is too scared, then he's done. For the entire day. And LOTS of things scare him. (However, he now likes some rides - like Woody Woodpecker 10 times in a row. When we went for 6 days in the parks when he was 5, he rode exactly ONE ride in the parks. And just once as we had to bribe him to do it and bribes didn't work past that. It was the twirl and hurl - so not a crazy ride).

Our next trip will include Disney too. Actually- it was supposed to be our Disney-only trip as we don't do Disney as often. But- since we have annual passes for Universal, it's not like we can just not go even if the trip was originally made with Disney in mind. We had hoped to do MNSSHP. We did it two years ago and really liked it. But, when we saw the price increase from two years ago and multiplied by 5 people, we didn't feel it was worth it for us.

I hope everyone who has bad weather/is getting bad weather gets through it okay. The line keeps changing so it's hard to know what's going to happen where. (Though, where I am has been in 100% chance of rain for Friday all day. Now time to see if it's just a little rain or real rain with winds to knock out power).

:hug: Mac. What a wonderful ceremony for your parental units. Hope all is well with the brother soon. Maybe the rain will follow you home? You sent it here. It's a rainy start and also 72 this morning.

It is September Schumi! Can't believe the summer is almost over. But ready for those crisp fall nights and beautiful colored leaves.

Nice to hear you had a good time Cam. Yep, hot and humid makes the days longer. And, that's what the water rides are for. When it's hot, we've been known to ride all three several times and get soaking, ringing wet.

Yep, little one was fearful of most rides, I remember having to use the exit after a nope after being seated for Everest. I think she was about 8? Now, she rides all those. She was also fearful of Mummy, but after convincing her to ride it, she now rides it several times. RRR is also a favorite now too. She's become more of a daredevil than her sibling. He'll go, only because I make him ride while I hold phones and watch. Yeah, I can be a ride weenie. Both kids are happy the green guy coaster is back. They want to ride it again.

Since it's the first, count down drops to 31. Wow. And for Schumi, and Tink, and Mac, and all the other September homies, a big Wahoo, you're going on vacation this month!

199328-Happy-First-Day-Of-September.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter