Something About Nothing ... #12

th

th

So, another very sunny start to the day. Sun glare from the crack of dawn. Even my sunglasses and visor were no help.

Safe travels Mac. I'll send some of these sunny skies your way.

I'm also doing Mickey's Party too Robbie. But I agree, I think I paid around 60 last year, this year 90. There will be a point I will say no. I really like the parade and the fireworks, and enjoying some Halloween treats. But, much higher and I'll say been there done that. And find other things to do.

Have a great day all!

Moaning all!

Naturally, the U app came out with no waiting on line for tix purchases after I already made mine last week lol. Anybody here use it yet?

Mac - hope u miss all 'dat rain I'm seeing creeping up the coast eek!

Yeah we're not doing ADR's during. I think we formed a plan but I can't remember what. It's in my disney bible int he car.
We're going to spend all day in MK so we'll be in there long before the 4PM start so no dressing up. I think I'm going to buy a shirt. I should get on that with 20 days to go.
I've seen parts of the video just to make sure it was worth our time... It is. Same with parade, I didn't watch all of it, just enough to spark my interest.
Our plan is to ride rides early, go to the fireworks, then parade, then HP last showing. I think it was something like 10, 11:15, and 12. We'll migrate up towards the front of the park around 8:30/9.. eat and find somewhere to hunker down after the first parade. Hoping people will start filing out after the FW and before the second parade.

My brother was over for dinner Saturday night. We were talking about our trip. He's got kids that are 7, 5, 3, and one on the way... disney us looming. We were telling him about all the planning that goes into it these days. He hasn't been since maybe 2000? My sister--- disney loving sister!! Said "But Universal has these things way more figured out than Disney. All we had to do was book our hotel and I have to buy a ticket." I think shes converting guys......... :jumping1:

Not many CS dining venues open during the party, check the brochure for what will be open this year. Usually cosmic rays but not Columbia harbor (I'd say darn it but it's starting to slip in offerings IMO).

I keep a travel binder (or two hehe). Family joke when I'm piled under papers and ask if somebody in family will 'bring me the book'. They all know what & where it is and make a grand show of shucking & jiving as they deliver it.

th

th

So, another very sunny start to the day. Sun glare from the crack of dawn. Even my sunglasses and visor were no help.

Safe travels Mac. I'll send some of these sunny skies your way.

I'm also doing Mickey's Party too Robbie. But I agree, I think I paid around 60 last year, this year 90. There will be a point I will say no. I really like the parade and the fireworks, and enjoying some Halloween treats. But, much higher and I'll say been there done that. And find other things to do.

Have a great day all!

So nice to have so many options, especially during the Halloween season. Was thinking of heading over to the horror con and seeing Robert England (one, two Freddy's coming for you) this year. Wouldn't it be something to be @ HHN, turn around and - there he is? A girl can dream.

A decade ago the party tix were way many from the darkside would sneak down to get a cheap MK night...under $40

Tiered tix system doesn't work for me, even with that whopping $5 discount I got on each tix. at least it does offer options for those willing to head down in September to save more than a few bucks on those dates.

Just a quick see youse later

Going to catch a short snooze and head to Florida early morning

Will check in when I can

Looks like I will be in some heavy rain Thursday so hoping friday be better for driving back
Or hopefully weather will be better that day

Later homies
Hope you're safely on your way and making good progress. My thoughts and prayers are with you today :hug:

@Lynne G wow - 90 this year vs 60? that seems like quite of a price jump for a year. was that the same type of ticket? we have only done MVMCP (and that was before my children!) but never MNSSHP. With DD's birthday in October - i thought that might be nice to do one year since we may no longer be doing DCL in the fall.

@Monykalyn i feel your pain! maybe we can offer HGTV a two for one deal! when we moved in we had a set of railroad ties that were falling apart and no place to put our swing set. it has taken us a year to get a new wall - and some leveling done, trees removed, sod planted etc. not sure when we will even get to getting the deck done!

@tinydancer09 @keishashadow thanks for the details! i wonder if i can buy an adult ticket and then use it towards a child AP (since the Child's AP costs the same) i will call to see if i can trade in amex points for the 2 day 2 park ticket - then upgrade that ticket at the park. i am going to assume they won't give me the FL rate as a GA resident in the park. They let us do it when we renewed - but it was a hassle and i had to keep calling back.

The only reason I'm doing MNSSHP is cause Vicki talked me into it, and that we were able to get CM tickets through Mike (Sept 25 is the last day for CM tickets are available as well). And since I didn't get to make it out there last year (mostly), I figured I should do both. I mean booking Club Villain was a big push as well lol
Thanks again to Mike for getting the tickets cheaper than we paid in 2009 :flower1:
I would have paid full price since it's still cheaper than a 1 day ticket to MK plus you get the extra perks of candy, parade and Hallowishes.

I watched Krampus last night in preparation for HHN...it was funny scarey. Next up...Halloween 2,

Bad moms sounds like a hoot...another movie to add to my list.

Happy Tuesday homies :goodvibes

Thanks again to Mike for getting the tickets cheaper than we paid in 2009 :flower1:
I would have paid full price since it's still cheaper than a 1 day ticket to MK plus you get the extra perks of candy, parade and Hallowishes.

I watched Krampus last night in preparation for HHN...it was funny scarey. Next up...Halloween 2,

Bad moms sounds like a hoot...another movie to add to my list.

Happy Tuesday homies :goodvibes

Maybe it's because the Halloween movies are like family tradition for me, but I'm surprised how many people have never seen Halloween 2. I've listened to 2 differen podcasts (Scare Zone and the Orlando United one) and the people who run it both mentioned never having seen Halloween 2, but have seen the Rob Zombie Halloween 2. Oh well, if anything using it for a house will expose it to more people. I got the big blu-ray set of all the Halloween movies last year.

I like Krampus. It's not the greatest, but a lot of people are expecting it to be super scary, when it's more of a funny scary. Luckily I knew that going it, since it's the same director who did Trick 'R Treat, and that had some hilarious dark humor in it.

Kinda slow again today at work. Doing Subway for lunch since I have a BOGO coupon that expires after today.

Robbie, I find that too........very few folks have seen the second original one.......but have seen the updated ones funnily enough.

I knew what Krampus was before I watched it, but it still kinda disappointed me..........even with the brilliant Conchata Ferrell in it..........

Still glorious here this evening.........last day of August tomorrow..........

Dinner is kinda dull tonight.........pork steaks, baby potatoes and roasted veg.........will add some BBQ sauce to the pork I think.........

happy tuesday homies!

we should do a SAN Cookbook! and by we - i mean everyone except for me.

hope @macraven is well on her way to FL by now.

i liked bad mom's. good for a laugh with the girls. it is fun seeing it with my different "mom" friend groups.

@tinydancer09 nice to see you again!
Loved bad mom's. I was laughing from start to finish. We went opening weekend when they had the bad mom's official drink. Can't remember what it was called now but it was pretty much a cosmopolitan

Almost finished last of the trilogy Janet..........last two hours tomorrow night.........

Then I need to find something new to watch to pass the time till we go on our trip.........time is going slowly at the moment...........

Hope macraven made it safe to her destination............:wave2:

I'm the same way Carole. I've been trying to fill my time with plays and movies. I'm seeing a musical a friend is in on Friday, seeing a Broadway performer in concert with the symphony next Friday (you may have heard of her, Megan Hilty. She has played Glinda in Wicked on Broadway and in CA I believe, and was in the TV show Smash). Then I'm going to a "movie party" at the Alamo Drafthouse for Beetlejuice the night before I leave. The theater chain is doing a whole month of celebrating Tim Burton (called SeptemBurton lol), and they're having the parties with themed food and some props and people can come in costume. I'm doing the Beetlejuice one, and Batman the Wednesday after I get back.

Ooh, maybe a halloween treat with my snack credit. Thanks for the map Keisha.

Hope you made it safely Mac. Sending hugs and take care.

Just a warm night and muggy too. Just relaxing.

image.png

I'm the same way Carole. I've been trying to fill my time with plays and movies. I'm seeing a musical a friend is in on Friday, seeing a Broadway performer in concert with the symphony next Friday (you may have heard of her, Megan Hilty. She has played Glinda in Wicked on Broadway and in CA I believe, and was in the TV show Smash). Then I'm going to a "movie party" at the Alamo Drafthouse for Beetlejuice the night before I leave. The theater chain is doing a whole month of celebrating Tim Burton (called SeptemBurton lol), and they're having the parties with themed food and some props and people can come in costume. I'm doing the Beetlejuice one, and Batman the Wednesday after I get back.

Haven`t heard of her Robbie.......never watched Smash. Out of all the Glinda`s I`ve seen in both NYC and London my favourite Glinda was Ali Mauzey, probably not the most well known actress to play that part..........but she was fabulous!!! Willemijn Verkaik is my favourite Elpheba.......amazing.........I need to see that show again......loved it.

But, that should fill your time till your trip.......sounds like fun!!

Beautiful day here but bit breezy.........no plans for today........so quiet right now.........

mac........:hug:

Haven`t heard of her Robbie.......never watched Smash. Out of all the Glinda`s I`ve seen in both NYC and London my favourite Glinda was Ali Mauzey, probably not the most well known actress to play that part..........but she was fabulous!!! Willemijn Verkaik is my favourite Elpheba.......amazing.........I need to see that show again......loved it.

But, that should fill your time till your trip.......sounds like fun!!

Beautiful day here but bit breezy.........no plans for today........so quiet right now.........

mac........:hug:

I actually know of both of those. I haven't seen Ali in anything but agree she's great. She had a number in a different musical I watched her perform on YouTube that was absolutely hilarious. The song was called Screw Loose if you wanna watch. Willemijn has an amazing voice. I actually prefer her over Idina for both Elphaba and Elsa (she's the German voice of Elsa if not more since I know she can speak/sing in like a bazillion languages lol)

Good morning! Another bright and beautiful day. Off to sample alcohol with the animals tonight. Seems our zoo has opened a beer garden.

Mac, hugs.

GoN, yes, a significant price increase in the party. Now, it goes up and down depending on perceived popular dates. Apparently, I have a upper, but not highest rate. I hope that crowd prediction is way off, and not nearly as crowded. Next year, I'm going a week earlier, as I can get a military discount, hopefully, as they ended the discount at the end of September this year. My boy starts college today. Big sigh. Sometimes he seems grown up and sometimes not. Oh, and apparently his alarm clock doesn't work in waking him up. He's lucky I am. :D

I actually know of both of those. I haven't seen Ali in anything but agree she's great. She had a number in a different musical I watched her perform on YouTube that was absolutely hilarious. The song was called Screw Loose if you wanna watch. Willemijn has an amazing voice. I actually prefer her over Idina for both Elphaba and Elsa (she's the German voice of Elsa if not more since I know she can speak/sing in like a bazillion languages lol)

Lol......I watched it......she's so funny! Yes it was her and Willemijn who I first saw together on Broadway, then it was supposed to be Willemijn who was on when we saw it in London but she had left early through ill health I think. The ones I saw the other 2 times on Broadway were excellent, but the first 2 set the bar.

Yep, I'm sure she is the only person to have played Elpheba in 4 languages, her native Dutch, German, English and I'm sure there was another language.......maybe it was just 3. She is amazing.

Going to watch the Wicked clips I just saw on YouTube........lol........

Back from our trip! It was very nice, although it was HOT! You never really are ready for that level of humidity. Stayed 2 nights at AKL and 7 nights at RPR. Enjoyed AKL and glad we stayed but I do prefer WL. RPR was fantastic as usual. Love the new rooms. We were in T2 the first night and moved to T3 the rest of the stay so we were able to see the purple and the orange rooms. The parks were fun but it was a lot busier than I thought it was going to be. We did upgrade to APs so I am going to plan a getaway after Christmas. Tried Toothsome, it was okay. We did wait an hour for our food and I really was not impressed but I do take in consideration that at the time they had only been open 4 days so I look forward to trying it again when we visit next time. I did buy a six pack of bon bons and they are delicious. The banana rum is divine. DS had a great time. He did ride Kong under great protest. He is scared of monsters but has no problem riding roller coasters :confused3. I don't think it traumatized him but we did do child swap for Mummy. Needless to say, I don't think HHN is in our future. :rotfl2:

Thanks to all on the board for the information you have provided. The tips provided on this forum are invaluable and I know I referenced DIS several times to my DH during our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter