Someone talk me down from the Safe Passage edge…

MouseinMelbourne

DIS Veteran
On 8/17 I book an 8/30 sailing. On the morning of 8/18 Safe Passage recognized our reservation and I uploaded our vaccine info. Within 3 hours we were “Clear to Sail.”

Fast forward to 8/26. I booked another sailing - this time leaving 9/10. The next day (8/27) Safe Passage recognized our reservation and I uploaded our vaccine info again (this time for my adult daughter and I. The first one was for my husband and I).

To date, we are still Pending on Safe Passage and I’m getting worried. I leave tomorrow morning for the first cruise and won’t have internet access to check if there’s an actual issue. Can anyone tell me if days and days of Pending is normal and my first experience was an anomaly? Or is this something I should call about today before we leave?

We booked two and for some reason the review for our second booking took way longer than the first. Not sure why but that was our experience. Freaked me out too.

On 8/17 I book an 8/30 sailing. On the morning of 8/18 Safe Passage recognized our reservation and I uploaded our vaccine info. Within 3 hours we were “Clear to Sail.”

Fast forward to 8/26. I booked another sailing - this time leaving 9/10. The next day (8/27) Safe Passage recognized our reservation and I uploaded our vaccine info again (this time for my adult daughter and I. The first one was for my husband and I).

To date, we are still Pending on Safe Passage and I’m getting worried. I leave tomorrow morning for the first cruise and won’t have internet access to check if there’s an actual issue. Can anyone tell me if days and days of Pending is normal and my first experience was an anomaly? Or is this something I should call about today before we leave?

one, you could call them. Many have and they are very helpful. Two, that happened to me on my 8/30 cruise. After 5 days of waiting, I did it a second submission and it went right through. We are so similar. I’m on the 8/30 Dream and the 9/11 Fantasy. Btw, when I did my 9/11 upload it cleared in 2 hours.

We're on the 9/18 Fantasy. When it was a seven day, we were all cleared (two reservations, one room, four adults, two teens). When we were switched to the four day, only five of us cleared. They couldn't link our oldest son to a reservation. He emailed on Wednesday. We heard back, "we're reaching out to Disney" that night. Finally this morning, he's all set. I got an email that my party was clear to sail, and they had finally updated him. Obviously if there are issues, they're working on them.

Have a great trip.

Is it true nothing happens on weekends? That’s what my DH think is happening.

Our second took much longer than the first. I called and they were SUPER helpful and nice. Customer service was top notch. I'd give them a call and just see what's going on.

I don't know if this will help any but I uploaded my info around 11:00 am on a Sunday and it wasn't until Tuesday evening it was approved. Good luck and have a great cruise!

Does anyone know if we need a paper copy of the Negative PCR Result from safe passage?

I uploaded on Thursday morning and was clear 45 minutes later. I guess it really varies.

I uploaded on Thursday morning and was clear 45 minutes later. I guess it really varies.

For the 8/30 cruise though, right? That’s the one you’re going on? Maybe they’re prioritizing people who have cruises come up first (which would be a good thing).

For the 8/30 cruise though, right? That’s the one you’re going on? Maybe they’re prioritizing people who have cruises come up first (which would be a good thing).
SSB had the same thing happen as had earlier cruise that cleared fast but later the one tomorrow. Also leaving 8/30 ... let's hope for great weather!

We filled the forms out on Monday, and got the all clear this morning. The DCL reservation hasn’t caught up yet.

I took a copy of our safe passage QR codes. They checked them in the parking lot and in the terminal.
Hi! You said safe passage QR codes. When and where did they show up? Did you get these the day before your cruise? Thanks.

Hi! You said safe passage QR codes. When and where did they show up? Did you get these the day before your cruise? Thanks.
When you're cleared to sail, you can click on the link to the side that says either "view QR code" or "print QR code" or something like that. We printed ours as soon as we got our oldest son's issues worked out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter