Some photos from my recent Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise (more photos in page 2, 3, 4 and 5).

Gorgeous pictures! Can't wait for my DCL Alaskan cruise next May. At least I have a year to learn how to use all the functions on my camera to attempt to take pictures as good as some of these I've seen.

Gorgeous pictures! Can't wait for my DCL Alaskan cruise next May. At least I have a year to learn how to use all the functions on my camera to attempt to take pictures as good as some of these I've seen.

Same here! We sail May 30th. I've had my camera for 3 years. I'm determined to learn how to use more of the functions prior to our Alaskan cruise. :)

It is very important to know your camera and know how to use it. I would refrain from using the auto mode. For the whale watching, I used the Aperture priority and usually would set it at around F8 or so and use high speed continuous shot. What I would do is focus on the ocean and just hold my camera around waist level and look out the horizon. As soon as I see something pops up, I would fire away, shift, then re-fire.

It is very important to know your camera and know how to use it. I would refrain from using the auto mode. For the whale watching, I used the Aperture priority and usually would set it at around F8 or so and use high speed continuous shot. What I would do is focus on the ocean and just hold my camera around waist level and look out the horizon. As soon as I see something pops up, I would fire away, shift, then re-fire.

I agree 100%! I think need a class. I'm a visual learner. I've found articles on Pinterest and I've purchased laminated "DSLR tip cards" to hook onto my camera case. It's still not "clicking" for me.

Which company did you use for the whale excursion?
We went with Dolphin Jet Boat Tours because I liked that they allowed an hour at the Glacier and I didn't have to pay extra for that. Although the whale watch was less than perfect for me, my group loved spending the extra time hiking to Nugget Falls and taking about a gazillion pics of the glacier and waterfalls background. And even though I didn't enjoy the whale watch portion, everyone else in my group loved the whole excursion so I'm happy.

I agree 100%! I think need a class. I'm a visual learner. I've found articles on Pinterest and I've purchased laminated "DSLR tip cards" to hook onto my camera case. It's still not "clicking" for me.

Try youtube and search for your specific camera. You will find a lot of useful tips on youtube. I have been shooting for a while and I still learn new stuff here and there.

We went with Dolphin Jet Boat Tours because I liked that they allowed an hour at the Glacier and I didn't have to pay extra for that. Although the whale watch was less than perfect for me, my group loved spending the extra time hiking to Nugget Falls and taking about a gazillion pics of the glacier and waterfalls background. And even though I didn't enjoy the whale watch portion, everyone else in my group loved the whole excursion so I'm happy.

To tell you the truth, I think we just got lucky on our whale watching excursion. I really did not expect to be that close to the whales.

To tell you the truth, I think we just got lucky on our whale watching excursion. I really did not expect to be that close to the whales.
Haha, you should've gone to Vegas. Those were truly awesome pics that you took!

It's been 11 years since our Alaska cruise so your photos are taking me down memory lane. We did the same excursions so it was like seeing it all over again.:cloud9:

It's been 11 years since our Alaska cruise so your photos are taking me down memory lane. We did the same excursions so it was like seeing it all over again.:cloud9:

Has it changed much since you went 11 years ago?

Thanks for posting your pics. We just got back from the Alaska cruise this week and I have a pretty decent point-and-shoot camera with which I got some good pics, but, WOW, I can really see that a better camera (and knowing how to use it) can make a HUGE difference.

Fantastic photos!! I'm hoping to book an Alaskan cruise while we are onboard our cruise at the end of this September; DH and I both turn 40 next year and I think that would be a perfect reason to take such a fantastic vacation!

Thanks for posting your pics. We just got back from the Alaska cruise this week and I have a pretty decent point-and-shoot camera with which I got some good pics, but, WOW, I can really see that a better camera (and knowing how to use it) can make a HUGE difference.

How was the weather on your trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter