some AK questions

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by memakwed, Oct 21, 2013.

1. memakwed

memakwed DIS Veteran

Has Lion king moved? I know it was going just want to check current status. Also what is the most direct way to get from AK to Epcot? We want to leave before AK closes so there will not be an Epcot bus directly there. Do you think I should take a bus to a boardwalk hotel and then walk to intl gateway?
    TIA

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. erionm

erionm DIS Veteran

FOTLK has not moved yet. There are direct buses from AK to Epcot.

4. DisneyBelle27

DisneyBelle27 DIS Veteran and Browncoat - I have a cunning hat

There is park to park transportation among all the parks (bus, boat, or monorail). The only "exception" are busses to MK, which drop you at the TTC, although that is changing once they finally finish the new bus loop in front of the park. You don't have to wait for a park to close.

5. MouseMomx2

MouseMomx2 DIS Veteran

Rumor has FOTLK closing in early January. It will remain closed for several months while the new theater in Harambe is finished. Again, this is just a rumor, but it is being reported frequently enough now that I think it may have some merit.

6. figment_jii

figment_jii DIS Veteran

They have buses that go directly from AK to Epcot throughout the day, up to about an hour after closing. That being said, it largely depends on where you want to go in Epcot. If you planning on heading to World Showcase, then taking a BW bus isn't a bad idea because IG will get you into Epcot in WS. If you're heading for a location in FW, then I would probably take the AK to Epcot bus because it'll drop you off at the front of Epcot.

7. ghtx

ghtx DIS Veteran

That's just the second time I've heard it. Hopefully FotLK will be open on January 7th when I'm planning on seeing it!