Solo trip -where did you stay and why

Since I'm only 2 1/2 hours away and go often. We i do spend the night down there, I usually dry off-site. No sense in me paying 80 bucks even with my Passholder discount when I'm only there to sleep.

However. I do go once a year for a whole week and stay onsite. Been to Pop last year. And the year before splits stay at AKL/GF but that was with my then GF(which was a disaster). Lol

If I am solo and not splitting the cost of the room or a rental car - I would stay at a Value resort. My only value has been Pop, but I would consider the All Stars. I am at the bus stop by 9:00 and don't return until after 10:00. My time is in the theme parks and some resort hopping for sightseeing.

I chose the BCV.. This way I could walk over to the Boardwalk and have some activity. The balcony of room 422 was straight across from the Epcot fireworks and the stage at Epcot so I was able to sit and listen to the music.

Well my 2 cents....I came down with my son last July.Stayed at Bonnet..My son had his own room..TV.GAve him a key to the room..( he thoght he was in heaven. 15 yrs old)....Bonnet was clean.Discounts to the parks and they are on the disney bus route.I did not have to drive.....Already made plans for next july to do all over..

which bonnet? - and they have their own buses - which they will start charging for per person rate. (go see on the Orlando hotel board)

I chose the BCV.. This way I could walk over to the Boardwalk and have some activity. The balcony of room 422 was straight across from the Epcot fireworks and the stage at Epcot so I was able to sit and listen to the music.
Yes, those two reasons are why 422 is my favorite studio there.

I stayed at Pop while I was travelling solo... for a couple reasons:
a.) I was familiar with POP since I had stayed there before (so being a single woman, I never felt "lost" or stressed walking throughout the resort)
b.) Cost... since I wouldn't be splitting the cost with anyone I figured the most affordable = the best for me (and I'd rather save my money or spend it on other experiences during my vacation)
c.) I mostly just sleep and shower in my room, I'm at the parks, resort hopping or shopping most of the day & evening

I think it depends on your budget. Also, I like getting value most of the time, but if I'm alone I might splurge for a better room. It would depend on my plans with how much I'll be in the parks. I went on one solo trip so far and actually accomplished a lot more at the parks in a shorter time period. Anyway, this gave me more time at the resort. With more time at the resort it might be nicer to have a better one. I stayed at POP and I was fine with it, but if I did a second trip solo I would go Deluxe probably with a monorail resort. I would feel safer that way.

which bonnet? - and they have their own buses - which they will start charging for per person rate. (go see on the Orlando hotel board)
....Hey..I am truly sorry not getting back to you.I forgot I posted....There is only 1 Bonnett in disney property.( huge resort)...The buses were disney and hit all the parks..FREE.

....Hey..I am truly sorry not getting back to you.I forgot I posted....There is only 1 Bonnett in disney property.( huge resort)...The buses were disney and hit all the parks..FREE.

sorry there are 3 (4 if you count the hotel not timeshare at Wyndham

there is a Hilton, Waldorf Astoria and Wyndham.

they all charge now for buses

sorry there are 3 (4 if you count the hotel not timeshare at Wyndham

there is a Hilton, Waldorf Astoria and Wyndham.

they all charge now for buses

1 wydham Bonnett on disney property....5 resorts though out the area.Just jumped off the website.Your right.Fee for bus ride.( must be new.I was there last july.it was free)....I stayed last Feb of site at one of the hotels Wyndam.I took the bus to epcot for free...MAN...ohh well.I guess Mickey doesn't like non-disney people ( resorts)...Still though We had a blast.Food was fanastic.and after a day at the Parks.We could sit by the pool in the evening and have a adult drink...

I stayed at ASMusic because I was only there to sleep and shower, and I'm booked for Pop for my May trip. I'm starting to reconsider that though, because the May trip will be longer and I'd like an afternoon or two to relax by the pool and have a more chill time. The pool at ASM was a madhouse with all the cheer groups etc (something else I'd hope to avoid by going Mod). I'm trying to decide between upgrading to a Mod, or taking that money and just paying for an afternoon or two at Typhoon Lagoon or something.

I really wish there was some way to buy some kind of day pool pass for the deluxe resorts or something. I'm too much of a moral scaredy-cat to pool hop lol

I'm a big fan of the moderate resorts so I go for POR. it's very pretty, not a lot of kids and it's quiet. Last year I stayed in one of the Princess Rooms and it was awesome. I had fireworks in my room every night and the movies at night were right outside of my room.

I stayed at the Poly for my first solo trip and it was amazing! I usually do solo trips shorter, so it wasn't too pricey and there was a room discount! I loved being able to walk to the TTC to jump on the boat/monorail/bus to get to the parks, nice and easy, and there weren't kids everywhere.

I did a couple of days at Coronado in November and really didn't like it, the resort is so huge and I was so far away from everything that I didn't feel safe, especially coming home at night.

I also did All Star Sports which was nice, but the Poly was definitely my fave!!

I stayed at the Yacht Club for my solo trip, and it was amazing!! I've always wanted to stay there, so I decided to treat myself for my bday. It was a much more adult experience than the BC next door that seemed to be swarming with kids, lol. I loved being able to walk to Epcot; that was especially nice since it was F&W. My only regret was I didn't get to experience Stormalong Bay as it was unseasonably cold the week I was there :(

In the last 16 years DH and I stayed at 8 different Disney resorts, including twice at POFQ, 4 times at POP. We liked POP and thought it was a good deal for the price. Since DH died 15 months ago, I have made one solo trip. I considered POP and certainly would not rule it out in the future. But, I stayed at POR, for the first time. I chose POR mainly because of the boat to DTD and the food court (where DH and I had eaten twice). I had looked at POFQ first but with the room only discount in Dec., POR was cheaper than POFQ.

I'm going back in July. My DD, DSiL and DGS will be there at the same time, staying at POP but I will be on my own most of the time. I originally booked at POFQ with a AAA rate. When the Summer discount came out, it was very small at FQ, But I was able to switch to a preferred room at POR for only $2.50 more. This time another factor that pushed me to POR is the quiet pools, where I hope to spend considerable time. I would not stay at POR unless I could stay close to the food court. In Dec. I had booked standard but got upgraded to preferred.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Has anyone stayed at the Fort Wilderness camp grounds solo? Would seem to be the most inexpensive way to stay on the property.

I am planning my first solo trip for this Dec. I want to do 3 days at either BW or BC (but now YC keeps popping up, and as I am not a big pool person, this might be a better option). I will then switch to WL club level.

I did a semi-solo trip last summer (par time just me and part time with family) and stayed at WL, my favorite deluxe, but it was also for the convenience to the MK.

There is also something about POFQ that keeps drawing me in..:rolleyes1 This could also be a possibility for the entire trip.

My plans are not finalized yet.. so we will see.

Im doing 6 days at AKL. Was going to book POP, but plan to go back to the hotel in the afternoon to avoid the worst of the heat. Lots to do at AKL and its so different from the other resorts, I find it such a good place to get a break from the Parks. Can't wait!!

Just got back from solo trip to WDW and stayed at SSR. Asked to be near pool and was in building next to grandstand pool. Love the balconies at DVC resorts for just relaxing. Loved the boat to DTD and the eating options available there.
Bus transportation was very good. Also like AKV if planning to spend a lot of time at the resort as watching the animals can be a great way to spend some time. Don't think there is a "right" answer. It really depends on what you value in a room and how much time you plan to spend there or around the resort your choose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter