**SOLO Central - WDW & DCL**

I have to respond back to you this way...unless you have another option until i hit my required posts...

My trip to Disney with one of my grandaughters has been postponed till next year. Was just going to skip Disney this year (GASP) but my brother convinced me to do a solo trip. Something I have wanted to do for a long time.
Going the week of September 26-Oct 1. Since I know my way around the parks quite well, looking forward to seeing what I want to see and doing what I want to do.

Hugs
Granny Ev

I'm heading down to Washington for a work conference in Mid-June, and am thinking of catching a cheap flight from there down to Orlando and using up some vacation days (as well as getting some extra use out of my annual pass!).

I had a blast on my last solo trip and met some fabulous people from this board and would love to do it again! I'm most likely looking at June 18 - 22nd. Will anyone else be at the world during that time?

My trip to Disney with one of my grandaughters has been postponed till next year. Was just going to skip Disney this year (GASP) but my brother convinced me to do a solo trip. Something I have wanted to do for a long time.
Going the week of September 26-Oct 1. Since I know my way around the parks quite well, looking forward to seeing what I want to see and doing what I want to do.

Hugs
Granny Ev

:cool1::cool1::cool1:
I'll be down 2 weeks after you doing the same thing... enjoying things my own way. Wishing you a great time.pixiedust:

Hi,

Been a bit of a lurker on the boards for a bit, and now that I'm finally looking at the chance to go to Disney World, I thought I'd register :goodvibes

Wonderin' if anyone will be in the World around June or July and would like to show a newbie some of the ropes. (I don't have my dates settled yet). I'm a little nervous at attempting my first trip by myself, but none of my friends are into Disney (I went to Disneyland once as a child and loved it, I hope it holds that same magic as an adult!)

Looking forward to chatting to others on the board!

Hi,

Been a bit of a lurker on the boards for a bit, and now that I'm finally looking at the chance to go to Disney World, I thought I'd register :goodvibes

Wonderin' if anyone will be in the World around June or July and would like to show a newbie some of the ropes. (I don't have my dates settled yet). I'm a little nervous at attempting my first trip by myself, but none of my friends are into Disney (I went to Disneyland once as a child and loved it, I hope it holds that same magic as an adult!)

First of all, welcome!

So you've never been to WDW and only have a childhood memory of Disneyland for comparison? Wow, you're going to lose your mind...but in a very good way, of course!

June and July are busy times, but you'll still have a great trip. Just plan your days without overdoing it and it'll be a blast!

First of all, welcome!

So you've never been to WDW and only have a childhood memory of Disneyland for comparison? Wow, you're going to lose your mind...but in a very good way, of course!

June and July are busy times, but you'll still have a great trip. Just plan your days without overdoing it and it'll be a blast!

Thanks for the advice! A little nervous about being solo, but I know I'll have a blast!

hi everyone! just joined, first trip may 9th-18th with 2 teenage girls, will have some dad solo time if anyone is around! staying at pop :)

Hi,

Hey everyone,
I am 26 y/o and from the great state of Texas which really means that I am just super friendly :) I am headed to WDW June 3-8 for my first ever solo trip. I have been there twice before but due to some recent events I find myself going by myself.

If anyone is going to be there the same time as me I would love to meet up and hang out.

One my by priorities is star wars weekends and then after that just some good old relaxing. If there are any other star wars fans or people that just want to hang out with a very smiley fun person let me know.

Teresa

I'm traveling solo to WDW in about a day for five nights...I'll be arriving on the 26th and staying until the 1st of July. Will anyone else be around??

Oh I'm a 31 year old runner and disney fan by the way :)

Teresa - icecoldpenguin - how was Star Wars weekend? I love Star Wars and wanted to know if you enjoyed the new Star Tours?? Also did your post work out? Did you meet anyone??

Hi,

hows the planning coming along?!?!:dance3:

Hello everyone!

I am 25 years old, it is my very first post on a board and I hope I am doing it right! I have been reading on the DIS for a few months but my english is not so good and I was a little bit shy to write something. I planned a disney vacation with my boyfriend for july 15-23 but we broke up enexpectedly very recently. It was our first trip to Disney and now I think I am going solo but I am a little bit scared to do so. I am happy to see that a lot of people are going solo and loving it. Everyone here seems so friendly, I hope it will be the same in Disney, even if my english is not so good and it is sometimes hard to communicate. I wanted to do a solo trip near home sometime, but I never dreamt about doing one so far from home for the first time. Well, never know what life holds for us, I guess. I am sure this trip is going to help me think about some other things than my rupture, and being a child at heart, I am very looking forward to it:yay:

Thanks again to everyone who posted how much fun they had on their solo trip. It is a great comfort for me! :flower3:

Hello everyone!

I am 25 years old, it is my very first post on a board and I hope I am doing it right! I have been reading on the DIS for a few months but my english is not so good and I was a little bit shy to write something. I planned a disney vacation with my boyfriend for july 15-23 but we broke up enexpectedly very recently. It was our first trip to Disney and now I think I am going solo but I am a little bit scared to do so. I am happy to see that a lot of people are going solo and loving it. Everyone here seems so friendly, I hope it will be the same in Disney, even if my english is not so good and it is sometimes hard to communicate. I wanted to do a solo trip near home sometime, but I never dreamt about doing one so far from home for the first time. Well, never know what life holds for us, I guess. I am sure this trip is going to help me think about some other things than my rupture, and being a child at heart, I am very looking forward to it:yay:

Thanks again to everyone who posted how much fun they had on their solo trip. It is a great comfort for me! :flower3:

First, welcome!

Second, your English is quite good! Your written communication is at least as good as a lot of what we see here. Please don't be afraid to post.

Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you and your boyfriend. A trip to Disney won't erase all that, but I can pretty much guarantee you will enjoy it. I would encourage you to continue with your plans, if at all possible. If everything is paid for, would it be possible to substitute someone else (a friend or relative) in place of your ex-boyfriend? It should not be a problem with admission tickets, since they have not been used yet, but you would need to change flight information, since the airlines are very strict about that. If you do bring someone else along, if you are staying at a Disney resort, you should also notify them, so they can switch names.

You will hear all different languages spoken at Disney. Of course, English is dominant, followed by Spanish. I would guess French would be third. If you go to Magic Kingdom first, you may first want to go to City Hall, which will be on your left as you enter the gates. There, you will be able to pick up a French language map and there will likely be a French speaking Guest Relations cast member that can help you with any questions you may have.

Mid-July is considerably hotter than you are used to in Quebec. Just be prepared for that and drink a lot of water. Also keep in mind many afternoons there will be thunderstorms.

Again, welcome...and enjoy your vacation!!!

Hey guys... I'm the reporter from South Florida who has been posting around looking for Disney fans to talk to. I'm also planning to make a couple trips up to Orlando over the next month.

I'd like to try and meet up with some DISers there, people who have done it many times before and know the parks like the back of their hand. Does anyone know of meets being planned for August? Do you have tips on how I could proceed? My own last Disney experience is from 14 years ago (mostly Epcot), so I'm going to be in for a big shock to the system as well.

Not looking for any "type" of person to meet up with in particular. Just hugely dedicated fans who can show me a little of the personal side of the DIS community.

ANY suggestions would be great! Thanks!

Hi everyone I am a disney solo traveler last time I went to disney for 3 days then went on a disney cruise alone! It was great had a lot of fun, that was a few years ago am now going at the end of Sept with my sister and her family, can't wait. we aren't staying in disney though. We are driving down.:yay::yay::cool1::banana:

I am excited to find this site. I have taken 5 disney cruises solo. It is good to know that I found a place to meet other solo travellers on the cruises. Any solo travellers going to Hawaii????

So excited to be living in FL now! I can be a solo whenever I want! haha...anyone going Labor Day weekend?

Hey there.....fellow huge Disney World fan here. I never even thought about going solo until recently. I have been very lucky and have always found someone to go with in the past few years, though. I'm contemplating on getting an annual pass even though I live in St. Louis. I will have to see if I feel it's worth it for me.

Question....does there ever seem to be good last minute deals for Disney? I think, if I ever booked a solo trip, it might be more of a quick planned trip for a long weekend or something and having a great deal attached would probably be what spurs me. LOL

Anyway, I'm heading to Disney in November with my cousin and her two sons. My cousin hasn't been since the very early 90s and her sons have never been and it's all we talk about when we're together. They're so excited and so am I.

Hey there.....fellow huge Disney World fan here. I never even thought about going solo until recently. I have been very lucky and have always found someone to go with in the past few years, though. I'm contemplating on getting an annual pass even though I live in St. Louis. I will have to see if I feel it's worth it for me.

Question....does there ever seem to be good last minute deals for Disney? I think, if I ever booked a solo trip, it might be more of a quick planned trip for a long weekend or something and having a great deal attached would probably be what spurs me. LOL

Anyway, I'm heading to Disney in November with my cousin and her two sons. My cousin hasn't been since the very early 90s and her sons have never been and it's all we talk about when we're together. They're so excited and so am I.

I'm from the St. Louis area!!! I went to school at SLU. Anyway, I'm an annual pass holder now just because I'm going to school in FL, but my parents got one too and they still live near St. Louis. So I would say that if you plan on going to Disney at least a couple of times in the year it is so worth it! My family and I had never gotten annual passes before even though we go to Disney almost every year. But now that they have them, I don't think they'll ever go without them! You'll start to see all the opportunities you have to go. For example, when they moved me down here, they bought them and went to Disney. Then, one of my mom's friends wanted her and my dad to go with her and her husband in October, and because they have the passes, they decided to go because they can! And then they are going again in May with the whole family. And I'm sure they'll add other times in there as well. What I'm saying is, having the annual pass definitely gives you some more freedom on when to go or if you have any friends that want to go and want you to go with them :)

Nice to meet someone else from the area! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter