Sofia the First Doll Woes

At least they are a little cheaper on Amazon now! Still trying to hold off though to try to get it somewhere near the price they are in the store.

I think I may love Sofia and Doc more than my girls ( and they are obsessed!!) We need Hallie to complete our doc collection and We have nothing from Sofia.

I am trying to hold out since we have a birthday in august and it will certainly be back in stock before then. and I know if I buy them now I will end up giving it them now! :rotfl: My head keeps trying to negotiate buying and giving it to them at easter!! ugh. I am glad they are out of stock right now!:rotfl2:

I am trying to hold out since we have a birthday in august and it will certainly be back in stock before then. and I know if I buy them now I will end up giving it them now! :rotfl: My head keeps trying to negotiate buying and giving it to them at easter!! ugh. I am glad they are out of stock right now!:rotfl2:

I'm holding off too until either our September Disney trip or DD's 2nd birthday in October. I'm horrible at holding on to toys. I held on to the FP Castle and princesses from August to Christmas and it was way too hard! ;)

I wanted to get DD Sophia dress for our May Disney trip, but I think the smallest size is just going to be way too big.

I want to get a Sofia dress for my DD! Do you think they will release them larger than 5/6? No way we can fit into that! :goodvibes

After finally getting our Sofia doll on Wednesday I set out on a mission today to find the dress. I contacted Disney through Facebook and they gave me an email address for a personal shopper. The Personal shopper first store was a bust but the second one had th 5/6 size I needed. I just have to find the necklace and tiara by middle of March.

cab0ad said:
I want to get a Sofia dress for my DD! Do you think they will release them larger than 5/6? No way we can fit into that! :goodvibes

My daughter would love it in a 7/8.

I only read the first page of this thread but I went to a outlet mall the other day and they had a Disney store and it had the Sophia doll. My daughter bought the rabbit.

My daughter would love it in a 7/8.

While they might make it in a 7/8 next time, it is not in the 7/8 in this current dress. And, the problem is, we hardly get ANY 5/6s either. We will get 12 18/24 mo, 12 2/3s, 6 size 4, and maybe 2 5/6s. (something like that, I could be off, but only very few 5/6s, you get the point) It is not that the 5/6s are selling 4X more than the smaller ones, it is that we hardly get any to begin with.

The product is coming, a trickle right now, but will increase in the next 3-4 weeks, they tell us. Your best bet is to call on your local stores shipment day, at store opening. And watch the online site too, of course. :wizard:

I did not realize how high demand Sophia items are! We got the doll from the Disney Store before it aired....and I just stumbled upon the dress and amulet online a few weeks ago. I am glad I grabbed them when I did!

PatMcDuck said:
While they might make it in a 7/8 next time, it is not in the 7/8 in this current dress. And, the problem is, we hardly get ANY 5/6s either. We will get 12 18/24 mo, 12 2/3s, 6 size 4, and maybe 2 5/6s. (something like that, I could be off, but only very few 5/6s, you get the point) It is not that the 5/6s are selling 4X more than the smaller ones, it is that we hardly get any to begin with.:
That was very interesting to read! I've learned that as my girls get bigger to buy their things right away when we see things because 5/6 and 7/8 are so hard to find at times!

Anyone still needing a doll our store in Lexington KY has them fully stocked. They're $14.50 plus shipping.

mommy4 said:
Thanks everyone! I still haven't found her yet, but I did find out that the nearest DS gets new shipments on Thursdays, so I'll be calling again today.

Op... I got a doll for you a few minutes ago.... If you still need let md know right away. It was $14.50

Because of all the posts, I just picked up 2 dolls. THe store was fully stocked. I did not look for the dress but, they had the dolls, nightgowns, PJ's, a plastic set of some sort....

One doll is for OP if she still needs...second is for whomever comments first. It was $14.50. I could probably ship from work for 2 or 3 bucks (maybe less as we get a corp rate).

Because of all the posts, I just picked up 2 dolls. THe store was fully stocked. I did not look for the dress but, they had the dolls, nightgowns, PJ's, a plastic set of some sort....

One doll is for OP if she still needs...second is for whomever comments first. It was $14.50. I could probably ship from work for 2 or 3 bucks (maybe less as we get a corp rate).

Don't need the doll but I wanted to say that you are very sweet to think of the OP and the lucky person who gets the other doll.

OP here! This is so kind of you, but another diser is sending one my way. So, hopefully some other people who are looking can take advantage of your kindness! Edited to add: If another diser doesn't step up, let me know and I'll buy one off of you for my god daughter!
Thanks again for thinking of me! :)

We are not into Sofia over here but I just wanted to say how heartwarming it is to see so many people pull together and keep a look out to help others. It's nice to know there are still good people in the world that are not looking to make a quick buck! :lovestruc:lovestruc

DIS = MAGIC! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter