Soarin

I do have to agree that this is just one more straw on the camel's back on why I should cancel an April trip. No Frozen ride yet, half of HS down, Soarin down, BTMRR, etc. It seems like Disney is now playing a desparate game of catch-up for years of ride neglect. Why wouldn't I reschedule for later in the year when most of these items are back up?

It is not confirmed yet by Disney but I have seen multiple places saying it's going down for a refurb in January just unsure how long.

Thanks!

Any idea how far in advance Disney usually announces closure dates?

Thanks!

Disney doesn't have to announce them at all really. Some get announced months in advance some just days. For example the Jedi Training academy refurb was just officially announced last week and it closed today.

Thanks!

First, I think all,of the sites reporting the closure are copying the same rumor. So quantity of the rumors doesn't make it any more true.

The first indication of a planned closure would be the unavailability of fp+ for days in january. Of course we won't know that until november. I would say any black out of fp+ would be as close as you will come to a confirmation from disney.

Also, most refurbs like these are based on the point they are in construction. It would not be unheard of for it to get pushed back. He closer to the start of the closure the better chance you would have of still getting in on a delayed closure.

First, I think all,of the sites reporting the closure are copying the same rumor. So quantity of the rumors doesn't make it any more true.

The first indication of a planned closure would be the unavailability of fp+ for days in january. Of course we won't know that until november. I would say any black out of fp+ would be as close as you will come to a confirmation from disney.

Also, most refurbs like these are based on the point they are in construction. It would not be unheard of for it to get pushed back. He closer to the start of the closure the better chance you would have of still getting in on a delayed closure.
I definitely think soarin will go down for a refurb to introduce the new theater and rework the queue but I don't think it will be six months.

Any updates on this? I'm going late Feb/early March. I was hoping one last time on Soarin over Cali!!

Along with nearby bathrooms. What I don't get is I've heard Soarin will reopen in the summer with the old California film and not the new film. Why close that long and not open with the new film?

Well there is lots to rework on the queues, the old play area, removal of front area based on drawings I saw and there is no way it could be done without closing it for a considerable time frame.

I have not heard California film, the only reference I heard was they were calling the film "global". As far as their website, I think they just haven't updated anything other than post the closure date.

Well there is lots to rework on the queues, the old play area, removal of front area based on drawings I saw and there is no way it could be done without closing it for a considerable time frame.

I have not heard California film, the only reference I heard was they were calling the film "global". As far as their website, I think they just haven't updated anything other than post the closure date.
I've heard from other sources tho that after the refurb they are still going to open with the California film rather than Soarin around the World. They haven't set a date for when that wil debut yet on either coast.

I've heard from other sources tho that after the refurb they are still going to open with the California film rather than Soarin around the World. They haven't set a date for when that wil debut yet on either coast.

All I know is Disney said both parks are getting it next year. It makes no sense to put California up and then switch out. It's not just the movie that gets the switch, the gliders have to be reprogrammed to work with the movie.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-to-walt-disney-world-and-disneyland-resorts/

There have been a lot of complaints for a while now about the condition of rides, particularly in the Magic Kingdom, but also elsewhere. I imagine it was a combination of cost cutting and reluctance to close popular rides.

It does seem that Disney have woken up to the problem but now they have to pay the piper and the only way to do the maintenance needed is to close the rides.

I have noticed that in the past two years there seems to be some neglect. Like Disney cannot do two things at once...New Fantasyland and maintain current MK attractions... can't figure it out. I realize that on the one hand they cannot win...close a popular attraction and someone is going to miss out, but on the other hand...they needed to bit the bullet and just take care of what they had. Now they have problem in that there seems to be a construction mess everywhere. Soarin should have been addressed before it was so badly degraded. Now they have to contend with losing a major attraction in Epcot and nothing to replace it while it is down.

I like Epcot and I spend time in FW, but honestly, if I did not bring kids, without Soarin I could skip it totally and head to the WS and cut my time in Epcot almost in half.

It makes sense to me. Though I do wonder why they want to cut costs when they are more popular than ever and likely profiting more than ever from ticket sales and their hotels and consequently food and souvenirs. I know they are building new lands which are going to cost a lot of money, but they gave gone many many years without adding anything major so they should have some money "saved up".

I read the explanation and that fits exactly what my Accounting Professor explained when we discussed stock and how companies use the market. I get that, but my poor accounting brain still says penny wise and dollar foolish! I think that in the long term this kind of lack of attention to attraction may backfire.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter