• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Soarin' from Scotland to Mickey - our June 09 adventure! *updated 12/20 - the end!

Miracles do happen – we are at park opening again today! :woohoo: Got to the park at 8.45 and already it was roasting. We got through the bag check and joined the line to get through the turnstiles. We were making a wee plan for what fast passes to get and who was going to get them when Mum pipes up “I would offer to go for them but I wouldn’t mean it”! :rotfl: Cheeky! In revenge I said to her at least when we buy sunglasses we remember to take the label off the lens! She laughed thinking I was joking but stopped when she realised I was serious! You can’t take her anywhere! :rolleyes1 :lmao:

We were in! Emma did the customary pose in front of Spaceship earth.

DSCF1111.jpg

We decided that Steve would head to Soarin at rope drop and the rest of us would head to Test Track. We got a baby swap ticket and Mum, E and I went into the standby line and Dad waited with K for Steve to get back. E saw a hidden mickey in the line so had to stop and take a pic.

100_1198.jpg

Us girls had a great time riding Test Track – it really is one of my favourites at WDW. Mum and I had a good laugh when E decided that she wanted to ride on the end seat instead of the middle. Mum sat in the middle seat and could not find her shoulder strap seat belt. I said to her that it was a lap belt and E with such a serious face said to her “I’m glad I’m not sitting there – those seats are dangerous”. Her expression was so funny. I love this ride – so fun when it goes round the loops outside.
Grandad took K to the exit area and she played in the cars. She loves it there – getting her to leave is always an issue. After that the boys rode with E while Mum, K and I had a look round Mousegear. Then we saw something that amazed me and had me giggling for a long while. A little plane was writing a message in the sky. The first one took me a while to work out and although I could not get a pic of the whole thing it said “U + GOD = happy face” (but an actual happy face shape!). Then he wrote “Jesus loves U”. You just would not see that at home at all. Saw a post on the dis this week about the guy. He is called Holy Smoke and it is his calling to spread Gods word in the sky. That’s mental. You just would not see something like that in the UK.

DSCF1065.jpg

K loves waiting at Test Track as she loves sitting in all the cars. It actually gets a bit boring after a while!
After we were done our times for Soarin came round so Grandad, E and DH got fast passes for Mission Space. E has never ridden it before – I hoped she would be OK! So for the first time Emma decided to ride Mission Space with her Dad. I did suggest the tame side but that was ignored and off they went. She loved it! She is obviously not going to take after her Mum and be a big coward after all.

DSCF1107.jpg

K had fun in Innoventions making paper and preparing for a storm! (we don’t really get storms like they do in Florida but always good to be prepared!!!).

DSCF1074.jpg

We all met back up and made our way to The Living Seas.

DSCF1079.jpg

K was a bit apprehensive about seeing Bruce but I covered her eyes on the ride when he appeared so she was fine. Such a fantastic ride and the way they make the fish look as if they are in the real aquarium is incredible. Another first was Turtle Talk with Crush. We have never done this before. We were one of the first into the theatre so had a seat in the front row. It started and Crush picked out E and asked what her name was and where she was from. He commented that Scotland was a cold water region!!!! He didn’t fancy it! :lmao::lmao: The show was brilliant – so funny. Even K was chuckling away. So clever. Spent the next wee while wondering how on earth they do it. We decided that there must be a man in a suit and helmet which responds to his movements???? Who knows! :confused3
Then it was time to use our fast passes for Soarin. Steve, E and I went first and Mum and Dad took K for a walk round the park to get her to fall asleep (which worked straight away!). We were very lucky as they were looking for a party of 3 to fill in a gap in a row and it just happened to be in row 1! Bonus! It was great. Could ride Soarin all day long and never get bored. We swapped with Mum and Dad who took E on again and had a walk round. Noticed how quiet it was at Epcot today.

DSCF1093.jpg

DSCF1091.jpg

Although it was hot K was fine in her little buggy. She had built in air conditioning!
Had a stop in Club Cool (or whatever it is called!) and tried some of the delicious (!?!) offerings. Steve’s comment for Beverley “there is no need for that!”. I agree although I did pass on trying it this time. Its disgusting.
When we had all rode we went to have some lunch at Sunshine Seasons at The Land. The food here is lovely but I must say that the setup is awful. K and E wanted a sandwich, Steve wanted a Ceasar Salad and I wanted to get a childs portion of noodles. So I had to queue at 3 different stations before getting my drinks. After waiting to get served and pay, collecting my cutlery and getting to my table – my lunch was cold. There has to be a faster way of doing it. Tasty none the less.
Then we were off to use our second set of fast passes for Test Track. Steve and Mum took E on first while Dad and I got 6 fast passes for Mission Space for later. Then when they came back they wanted to go straight on Mission Space as the time was nearly there for the fast passes. They gave the spare 3 fast passes to another family – so nice to be able to do that when the wait time is so long. :wizard: So I had to go on by myself. I obviously had 2 spare fast passes so gave them to a father and son who were about to go in the standby line which was over an hour. Spread a little pixie dust!!! :wizard: Not as fun by yourself! Especially since the family of 4 that was in my car objected to being joined by myself and a single rider. Not the best. Mind you the woman did say at the end if she had queued for an hour to ride it she would have been very upset. So maybe just in a bad mood and in need of a sprinkling of pixie dust herself. :rotfl: Another meet up after they had finished with Mission Space we wanted to ride Spaceship Earth as we had not seen it since it was refurbished. K loved the part at the end when she saw her and me in our future! Also it was fun seeing us on the big screen at the end. There were a lot of dots on Scotland today!
E did a lot of pin trading this year. I had bought a whole load of pins before we came for her to trade and she loved it. Also bought Steve a lanyard and some pins for Fathers Day and so he was enjoying trading too. Cost us a fortune though as E kept seeing extras ones in the shops she wanted! Here is E doing what she loved - trading!!!

DSCF1097.jpg

Home time and we went back via Publix to stock up on essentials and get something for our dinner. We bought salmon stuffed with crab and salad and fruit to finish. Delicious!
Girls got an early night as they were shattered and we had a quiet night in. Tomorrow we are off to Animal Kingdom in the morning. Can we make it 3 park openings in a row????

I have one thing to say - look at your skinny self - you look great! The kids look like they were having so much fun. My daughter always wants the 2 seat shopping carts, but I always tell he no since I tend to run into things.

I have one thing to say - look at your skinny self - you look great! The kids look like they were having so much fun. My daughter always wants the 2 seat shopping carts, but I always tell he no since I tend to run into things.

Awww thanks! I actually lost another 5lbs during the holiday which I was amazed by as we did eat a lot. Must have been all the walking we did!

The funny monkey comment is too funny! I can't wait to hear what she says about AK!

Looks like you guys had fun at MK. K's face pointing out the castle is priceless. She looks so mesmerized.

Sorry you had trouble at dinner, but I agree portion sizes are way too big sometimes!

I think buggy is a regional thing in the US. Where I'm from they have always been buggy's. DBF and his friends thought I was talking about a baby stroller when I first called them buggy's around them because they call them carts.

Glad E enjoyed MS. I don't think I'll ride that ride again!

The funny monkey comment is too funny! I can't wait to hear what she says about AK!

Looks like you guys had fun at MK. K's face pointing out the castle is priceless. She looks so mesmerized.

Sorry you had trouble at dinner, but I agree portion sizes are way too big sometimes!

I think buggy is a regional thing in the US. Where I'm from they have always been buggy's. DBF and his friends thought I was talking about a baby stroller when I first called them buggy's around them because they call them carts.

Glad E enjoyed MS. I don't think I'll ride that ride again!

It is confusing isn't it? In the UK a cart is something a horse would pull, a buggy is what you call a stroller and a trolley is what you put your shopping in!!!

The mix up with words can be very funny sometimes. Words here and in the US can have very different meaning! :rotfl:

Hello, your trip report is great and your daughters are so cute! Seems like the trip is going wonderfully so far...other than the snake encounter! scary! I love how your daughters went swimming in their pj's!
I'm really excited to see what else happens on your trip!

Hello, your trip report is great and your daughters are so cute! Seems like the trip is going wonderfully so far...other than the snake encounter! scary! I love how your daughters went swimming in their pj's!
I'm really excited to see what else happens on your trip!

Thanks! Yup the snake was not a good start to the trip!

:cheer2: Found your TR! Just back from the World myself. Let's see if I can remember everything I wanted to comment on.

:scared1:SNAKE:scared1: Wait, their poisonous? I hope that isn't the same type of snake we had. I would have turned back also.

I know it wasn't funny, but the whole Surrey bike thing sounds like something that would happen to us.:laughing:

Glad you enjoyed WCC.

Wow, 2 rope drops in a row, maybe 3. :thumbsup2

Love the pic of E on Dad's shoulders going down Main Street. Great pics.

Between the "monkeys" and the tag on the shades, your Mum sounds just like mine.

And I can't believe someone wouldn't allow others to sit with them on TT, I have never heard of someone doing that. :sad2:

Looking forward to more of your TR!

:cheer2: Found your TR! Just back from the World myself. Let's see if I can remember everything I wanted to comment on.

:scared1:SNAKE:scared1: Wait, their poisonous? I hope that isn't the same type of snake we had. I would have turned back also.

I know it wasn't funny, but the whole Surrey bike thing sounds like something that would happen to us.:laughing:

Glad you enjoyed WCC.

Wow, 2 rope drops in a row, maybe 3. :thumbsup2

Love the pic of E on Dad's shoulders going down Main Street. Great pics.

Between the "monkeys" and the tag on the shades, your Mum sounds just like mine.

And I can't believe someone wouldn't allow others to sit with them on TT, I have never heard of someone doing that. :sad2:

Looking forward to more of your TR!

Welcome back! Hope you ad a great trip! Off to look to see if you have started yours! (no pressure!!!)

We did it!!!! :banana::banana: Opening for Animal Kingdom. No idea how we are managing this as this surely is a holiday record for us. Our start times tend to get later and later as the trip goes on – but not this trip!!!

There was a bit of shenanigans this morning as Mum is well known for taking spare underwear and shorts to animal kingdom to change into after Kali River Rapids. She hates having wet knickers! :lmao: So my delightful oldest daughter (egged on by her Dad) went into her bag and took them out for a joke. :rolleyes1 She informed Granny of her prank in the car and she was not pleased, threatening not to go on and telling her they were no longer bffs!!!!!!:laughing:

We went into the park and it didn’t seem too busy at all.

DSCF1301.jpg

Steve went straight to get fast passes for Everest and we headed to the safari. We got in the standby line and Steve messaged us to say that he had fast passes and did he have time to ride before meeting with us after our safari. It was then we realised why he was so keen to be the one to go for the fast passes and didn’t mind missing the safari. He was getting in a sneaky extra ride on Everest. The safari was excellent. We saw lots of animals out and about. The baby giraffes were gorgeous and one stood with his Daddy very close to the road so we got a great view.

DSCF1151.jpg

DSCF1159.jpg

Such a strange animal when you look at it. Both lions were out and there were some baby elephants so managed to see lots of animals. When we passed the ostrich “eggs” with a rhino in the background the driver described them as rhino eggs. Now bearing in mind that my Mum has a biology degree she then proceeded to point the rhino eggs out to E. The driver then laughed and said “only joking” and of course it was only then that Mum realised what she had said. I do worry sometimes!

The offending "rhino" eggs!

DSCF1167.jpg

We met Steve and him, E and my Mum headed to Everest to use the fast passes.

DSCF1262.jpg

Dad and I decided not to ride (I know, I’m chicken!) so we made our way to Dinoland with K. We stopped at the animal viewing areas and saw some lovely otters and flamingos.

K and I in front of the Tree of Life!

DSCF1194.jpg

K and I had a ride on Triceratops spin which was good fun. Taking the opportunity to grab a snack we chose a Mickey Ice cream. Just as I was paying E appeared from nowhere to claim one for herself. She never misses out on a treat! The girls played on the dinosaurs while we ate our ice creams. E spotted a hidden mickey on the dinosaurs back so was very pleased.

DSCF1228.jpg

DSCF1224.jpg

I then had my first ride on Primevil Whirl today. I am not keen on the waltzer fairground ride and it looked similar but I gave it a go. There was next to no line so I rode with E, Steve and Dad. It was actually really great and looked a lot worse than it was! Then I rode with E and Mum. At this point Mum informed me she had got the last laugh in “knickergate”. I asked her what she meant and she said that she had dry pants. Now I was a bit confused here. Mum explained that after the safari she presumed that we would go straight to Kali River Rapids (we usually do that route!) and in order to have dry knickers she put them in her bag!!!!!! I nearly fell out of the ride vehicle laughing once I realised that Mum was touring AK commando! The two of us hee-hawed all through the ride and I promised to keep the secret! (I did tell her though that it would have to be included in the TR!!). Sometimes you can share too much!

Now should any of you ever come across my Mum you have to promise that you will not reveal that I showed this photo on the Dis. She told me under no circumstances should I put it on. But it is just too funny!

DSCF1248.jpg

E had never been on Dinosaur before and since she was being so brave going on new things we set off for a ride on Dinosaur. I was a bit nervous as to be honest I thought she would really not like it. I always want to go on but for some reason I find it a bit scary! (yup, chicken, I know!). I think it is the intense noise and the darkness. She got on fine and I promised I would tell her when the scary one was coming. Off we go. She hid for a lot of the end part after I warned her about the upcoming dinosaurs (as did I!) but at the end she decided she loved it. Result!!!

Flame Tree BBQ was calling and we settled ourselves in the alligator/fish pavilion looking out over Everest. I had the pork sandwich which was delicious as usual. Now at this point I must share a video with you all. K loves a song about Little Bunny Foo Foo and sings it a lot. Before we left we were both in the supermarket choosing things for dinner that night. I picked up carrots to which she shouted out very loudly, “I……..am……….not…………a………bunny!!!!!”. Of course I laughed and told the story to DH and Mum and Dad. So ever the comedian she liked to repeat this whenever she had the chance. Meals at Disney were the best opportunity as being the responsible parent I am (lol :rolleyes1) I always got them carrot sticks with their chicken nuggets and fries!!!!! :lmao::lmao: K was keen to point out that she was not Bunny Foo Foo! So this is Katie being asked if she would like a carrot stick at the Flame Tree BBQ.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v704/RinkyTink/?action=view&current=P1030747-1.flv

The park was not busy at all today. Wait times were no more than 10 mins for the rides we went on. We were actually surprised at how quiet it was throughout our whole trip.
Last ride of the day was Its Tough to be a Bug. Mum sat this one out with K and we went through the roots of the tree down to the theatre. I love the carvings you pass. So great!

DSCF1273.jpg

DSCF1284.jpg

E in her bug specs!

DSCF1293.jpg

Now considering that E had tried Everest and Dinosaur today and loved them she positively hated this show. She cried during the fog and only enjoyed it at the end when they sing the cute song. When asked how she liked it she wailed “it was hooorrriible!!!!!!”. No idea how her mind works!!!!!

On the way out we stopped in the Oasis and E spotted Pluto and had to stop for a hug!

DSCF1330.jpg

DSCF1334.jpg

Of course, a photo on my girls fave ride of all! With Monkey of course!

DSCF1345.jpg

We exited the park and made our way back to the car. Walmart was calling so we had a bit of a shop. I love Walmart!!!! It’s a great shop. We buy the oddest things there and take them home. Girls chose a toy and we picked up some groceries too.

Back at the house we had a dip in the splash pool. K pretends to be a “ermaid” (mermaid) and I was Mrs Ermaid. E is like a little fish and it was a great way to cool off on what was a very hot day.

After dinner in the house DH and I got a night off and Mum and Dad put the girls to bed. :banana: We went to Epcot as I really wanted to go for a wander round World Showcase and look in the shops.
It was still really hot tonight as we walked round. We went anti clockwise and started at Canada. We got a serious eyeful in Canada with a young couple getting a bit passionate!!! Not very Disney!!!

The UK!

DSCF1369.jpg

The UK is always strange! I must say thought that Disney is usually so good at getting the details right. Not in the UK! I went to the restroom. It was clean, there was plenty of toilet roll, soap and hand towels. Totally unrealistic. Public toilets in the UK are repulsive! :lmao::lmao:

France was good. Steve bought a Grey Goose Vodka lemon slush. I had a sip (I was driving) and it was delicious.

DSCF1379.jpg

Morocco brought back memories of a work conference I went to in Marrakech. Just goes to show the attention to detail. Except I didn’t get ogled at and I didn’t get the runs from the dodgy food!

DSCF1381.jpg

We went into the shop in Japan and I could have spent a fortune. Will bring E back to spend some of her holiday spending money. She loves Hello Kitty. Steve bought a Mario T shirt and he also bought me a small lucky cat. A green one which is supposed to bring luck in academics. I will keep it in the bag I use for my university course next year.

The park closed after Illuminations. We decided not to watch it and instead just wandered round the rest of World Showcase and Mousegears and then went slowly towards the exit via the pin trading stand. We bought E a new pin and K a lanyard and a pin with her name on it.

On the way out....

DSCF1400.jpg

Dad was still up when we got home and we sat and looked at the photos of the day when I put them on my macbook. I laughed so loud when Dad saw a photo of himself from behind. He was horrified.
“I really didn’t know it looked like that. I’m bald. I can’t believe it – I look like a bl00dy monk!”
Its not that bad! Seemingly he had no idea that his bald spot was so noticeable. His face was hilarious! He was in shock!

The offending photo.......

DSCF1119.jpg

what a great day!! That ride photo is awesome:lmao:
so nice you and Steve were able to enjoy an evening together:goodvibes

Great update! That video was sooooo cute! And you look great (like someone already mentioned)! I hope to lose a few while we're there, too since I am really looking forward to the food!! :laughing:

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:Your Mom and the Knickers!:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Love the Primevil Whirl photo. Great shot!

You had a very memorable day. Love the video, of course I have "Little Bunny Foo Foo" stuck in my head now.

Sounds like you and the hubby had a great time at Epcot. Grey Goose Lemonade Slushy. I got my first one last week and loved it. I just remembered that I forgot to take a pic, guess I'll just have to get another.:rolleyes:

That is way too funny about your mom and her knickers!!!! I guess that's one way to keep them dry! :lmao:

The video is cute and I also now am singing that song!

Something tells me I'm glad Disney kept the toilet detail out of the UK!

what a great day!! That ride photo is awesome:lmao:
so nice you and Steve were able to enjoy an evening together:goodvibes

It was nice to have some time in the parks on our own.

Awesome update! Loved the video!

Thanks! She is quite a cheeky little thing but you can't help but laugh.

Great update! That video was sooooo cute! And you look great (like someone already mentioned)! I hope to lose a few while we're there, too since I am really looking forward to the food!! :laughing:

Thanks! I feel so much better now I back to the size I used to be!

Great update! Thats so funny how your mom prepared for Kali River Rapids!

She is funny! She always brings her spares for that ride.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:Your Mom and the Knickers!:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Love the Primevil Whirl photo. Great shot!

You had a very memorable day. Love the video, of course I have "Little Bunny Foo Foo" stuck in my head now.

Sounds like you and the hubby had a great time at Epcot. Grey Goose Lemonade Slushy. I got my first one last week and loved it. I just remembered that I forgot to take a pic, guess I'll just have to get another.:rolleyes:

The slushy was amazing. Was quite sad that I was driving actually!!!! I could have happily had one or two aswell!

loving your updates.

Your mum sounds a right laugh:rotfl2::rotfl2:

She is great company! Its never boring!!!

That is way too funny about your mom and her knickers!!!! I guess that's one way to keep them dry! :lmao:

The video is cute and I also now am singing that song!

Something tells me I'm glad Disney kept the toilet detail out of the UK!

Yup! So am I! I much prefer toilets Disney style!

Great update! I like the video of DD. I love the picture of cammando Grannie!!:lmao:

I have no idea how she managed to get her face to go into that shape!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter