• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Soarin from Scotland to Mickey ;-D ~ June 2009

The pineapple house look interesting!

I'm glad you got all the ADR's you wanted.

Your girls are adorable.

I LOVE how you put your Scottish rogue into your updates! "wee" love it!!!
See, I'm the exact opposite of you and your thinking of gummy bears. I love them too and then I think that they are lower in fat than chocolate, PLUS they have gelatin in them which helps your nails grow!! Soooo, then they are a health benefit, right??:laughing: My favorite are the Harabo, from Germany. It's funny, because I can buy them at Wal-Mart in the US for $.97, but when I go to Mexico they are like $3-4 for the same size bag! I'm thinking it has something to do with import taxes, maybe????
Congrats on making your ADR's!! There's something about making them that makes the trip seem real. We're staying on property, and we're not doing the dining plan either. Can't fathom spending that kind of money on food. We plan on eating at Crystal Palace and Tony's Town Square.
I absolutely enjoy looking at old architecture! The Pineapple House looks SO cool!! And the grounds look beautiful and so GREEN! Love the little boots that Katie was wearing.
Enjoy the rest of your break. Mine ends today :woohoo: ba bye kids, have a nice day at school tomorrow!!!

No you are right gummi bears are not as bad as choclate but the amount my Dad goes through is disgusting! He is very tall with hollow legs I think. DD ate far too many - and of course the words "no you have had enough" are not in her Grandad's vocabulary!!!

Haribo are a favourite of mine too! I love the micro mix - mmmmmmmm!!!

I am enjoying your Scottish way of speaking in your PTR too! It's fun to hear the way you refer to things! :goodvibes
That Pineapple House is most unusual, especially that sort of architectural detail in the late 1700's... wonder why he wanted a pineapple on his roof? ;)
I agree with you about portion size here in the states... huge! We end up splitting a lot of dinners, but maybe not the desserts! :rotfl:
The green in your photos is wonderful! The trees are finally getting that lime green color here and the flowering trees are all beautiful, still pretty chilly though, it's been below average temps here lately.
Your ADR's will be great fun, can't wait to hear about the California Grill surprise when you do it.

Yes Spring is springing here too. We have it so green due to the amount of rain we get!! ;):rotfl: The daffodils have been and are starting to go and things are brightening up. I love the spring. We had a lovely Easter holiday weekend where it was really quite warm compared to what it has been. But today was cold again. Typical.

Your ADR's look great! :thumbsup2

Here's hoping! The list is small but (.....hopefully) perfectly formed!

So as promised (or threatened!!!!!) I will share my list of characters to meet at the parks. Any add ons ar take offs you spot - let me know! We have autograph books galore in this house but Emma does love collecting them. @ trips ago I used index cards for signing and then when we got back we put the autographs and the photos of the actual meeting in a photograph album. It was a lovely keepsake and after not doing it last year we are going to do it again. Hopefully this time Katie will be a bit braver and join in with the fun!

So here is the list....... (brace yourselves - its a wee bit lengthy!!!!)

Mickey
Minnie
Donald
Daisy
Goofy
Pluto
Max
Snow White
Aurora
Cinderella
Susie and Perla
Price Charming
Belle
Beast
Jasmine
Aladdin
Genie
Jafar
Mulan
Pochahontas
Ariel
Pinochio
Jiminy Cricket
Gepetto
Alice
White Rabbit
Mad Hatter
TweedleDum and TweedleDee
Mary Poppins
Bert
Lilo
Stitch
Buzz
Woody
Jessie
Mike
Sully
Peter Pan
Wendy
Captain Hook
Smythe
Jack Sparrow
Tinkerbell
Silvermist
Fawn
Rosetta
Iridessa
Pooh
Tigger
Eeyore
Piglet
Darby
Marie

This is what each card will look like.

jasm.jpg

There is plenty of space for the character to write in. Just will use masses on printer ink to print them!!!!

Had to hsare this one with you all. I had been shopping and bought Katie an all in one sun protection suit for the swimming pool. It came with a matching hat and while I was there I bought Emma new swimming goggles for her lessons starting up again. Of course Katie insisted on modeling the suit AND the goggles! Very cheeky!!!

P1020645.jpg

WOW!! Your character list is HUGE! You will have such a great time finding them. I like the card you made, wonderful momento for the girls.
I love the photo of Katie in her swimming outfit! She is quite a ham! What a cutie! :goodvibes

How cute. I was thinking you got sunburned really bad last time. Did you get you one? :rotfl:

:rotfl:maybe I should! I don't plan to repeat that experience!!!!!!!

WOW!! Your character list is HUGE! You will have such a great time finding them. I like the card you made, wonderful momento for the girls.
I love the photo of Katie in her swimming outfit! She is quite a ham! What a cutie! :goodvibes

Yup a big list and I'm sure we won't see all of them. But saves the stress of disappointment when we met someone that we don't have a card for! (happened last time for Mary Poppins and Emma was not pleased!!!)

She is a little ticket - always playing the fool!!! Dressing up is her favourite thing just now. And goggles would be the obvious accessory!! I was trying to get out the door today to meet friends at a play place and I caught her in Emma's room putting on some sparkly glitter gel. I dread her becoming a teenager!

Wow! That's a huge character list. (Although I shouldn't talk, because mine was just as long!) I like the cards. They're really cute.

That picture is too funny!

Somehow I missed your card idea. I think that is fantastic. Jacob doesn't care for autographs or the character pics, he is going to hate the end of May - June when I make him go get every single character pic at Star Wars Weekends.

just read your report--and had to respond so I can get your updates!
your family is lovely and I'm so impressed with your plans--I'm off to read your last trip report-thanks for sharing:cool1:

Somehow I missed your card idea. I think that is fantastic. Jacob doesn't care for autographs or the character pics, he is going to hate the end of May - June when I make him go get every single character pic at Star Wars Weekends.

Emma loves doing character autographs and pics. I tried to buy the Disney Character encylopedia for juniors but it is about to be reprinted in a new edition but does not come out till just after we come home. Next time I am going to buy that and have the characters qutograph their entry in the book.

As for Katie she says she wants to cuddle certain characters but I would lay money on the fact that she won't go near them!!!!

just read your report--and had to respond so I can get your updates!
your family is lovely and I'm so impressed with your plans--I'm off to read your last trip report-thanks for sharing:cool1:

Welcome aboard!!!!

So after playing around saying I am going to lose weight for my trip (in less than 10 weeks!!!) I have decided to stop messing and start my diet properly. I weighed myself this morning and I am following the Weight Watchers plan. DH needs to lose some weight too so he is doing it aswell.

Today has been OK - but miss sitting at night and having some crisps (my weakness) but I have managed fine and I am sure I'll get used to it. DH did a cycle but as I have been choked with the cold today I did no excercise at all.

On another good note I had an ultrasound today on my neck as requested by the consultant to double check the lump and he saw nothing suspicious. :woohoo: So I have another consultation with the consultant but the lumps are t stay and they will keep checking them every so often. So glad as I was a bit scared there!

Now I know it is a bit premature but I got a suitcase down last night and today I put away all the bits and bobs that I have bought for our holidays. They were scattered round the house still in their bags so wanted to put them away. Filled it already!!! :eek: Its not a final pack but at least they are in one place!

So after 2 weeks off work for the Easter holidays I am back at work tomorrow. 9 weeks left of doing this job - I might get a ticker!!!!!! I am sure I'll get swamped with phone calls, messages and emails and the day will be a nightmare! Oh well............. I'll go through the day dreaming of Wishes!!!

I am like you and need to crack down on this losing weight thing. We go in June and it's time!! I'm on vacation, at my moms, till Wed. When I get home it's cracka lackin time!

OOoo, good news from your ultrasound! That is always such a relief to get that kind of news! :thumbsup2
Ah yes, the exercise/weight thing! I am in the same boat! The desire is there but so is the ice cream! :rotfl: I keep thinking about our 2 week beach vacation with all of my tiny, petite SIL's and I cringe! Guess the ice cream needs to stay at the store! ;)

Good news about the ultrasound! :woohoo: So I have to ask you, what is the time difference? If it's 9 a.m. here, what time is it there?

I am like you and need to crack down on this losing weight thing. We go in June and it's time!! I'm on vacation, at my moms, till Wed. When I get home it's cracka lackin time!

Good luck! I am on Day 2 and managing not too bad today. Going to go for a run while Emma is at swimming to earn bonus points!!!

OOoo, good news from your ultrasound! That is always such a relief to get that kind of news! :thumbsup2
Ah yes, the exercise/weight thing! I am in the same boat! The desire is there but so is the ice cream! :rotfl: I keep thinking about our 2 week beach vacation with all of my tiny, petite SIL's and I cringe! Guess the ice cream needs to stay at the store! ;)

I too have a lovely slim SIL and would trade anything for her figure. She is pregnant at the moment and still has a lovely figure even with 8 weeks to go! When I was that pregnant I looked like I had swallowed an elephant. Life is just not that fair!

Okay,so then you are 6 hours ahead of me! Ew, so it's 6:43 at night there?

Nine thirty now!!! Time differences are a weird concept. Trying to get Emma to understand that her Aunt in New Zealand is 12 hours ahead of us is just so confusing for her! She thinks it is strange that when she goes to bed on Christmas Eve her Aunt is getting up and opening her presents from Santa!

Its hard when we arrive in the States to get used to the difference. We have to try to stay up as lat as we can and keep the kids up. Then of course they wake up at 4am thinking it is morning!!!! Not good!

On the way home we leave Florida at 6pm and arrive home at 7am which is really 2am to our bodies as the flight is 8 hours. So we pretty much lose a whole night and it is really hard to get back into reality.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter