So, what would you like to hear?

I have done the Keys To The Kingdom tour and while I loved it....it was very tiring and there is a LOT of walking.

Also...being the Disney geek that I am....I kept finding fault with our tour guide's facts. That and the fact that she kept making up words....."some of Walt's characters were based on actual people and some are fictitional". They are either fictional or fictitious....they cant be fictitional.

She also explained that there only three hotels ever planned for the monorail. The Comtemporary, The Polynesian and the Grand Floridian. I have a map from 1971 showing that there was a Persian Hotel planned and no Grand Floridian.

On the other hand...Bob and I took the Backstage Magic tour. You can read my review here:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/reviews/backstage-magic-tour.htm

It's a long three part review, but the tour is 8 hours and a bit expensive. The good news is that the tour is 100% worth the price and most of it is done via air conditioned bus. There is a good bit of walking...but you travel from destination to destination via motor coach. Also...our tour guide was exceptional.

You get to see some INCREDIBLE stuff like the area where the attraction vehicles are made and the animatronic workshop.

Hope this helps...

Kevin

I really enjoy what is put out there right now. I love how there are different restaurant reviews.

How about one at the new, well newer Turf Club at Saratoga Springs.

I also liked the idea from a previous poster about telling the benefits and whatnot of each resort.

ETA:
Maybe review some tours that aren't that well known, or done a lot like the dolphins in depth or snorkeling in the Seas Pavilion tank.

I'd like to here reviews of local golf courses. The Disney 5 are obvious (and quite good), but off site would be nice as well. Likewise, I am a Scuba Diver, and would love to hear about local dive sites (fresh) and even some a little more remote (saltwater). Finally, I would love to here Kevin's reviews of each sit-down as well as counter service restaurant on property. (I actually think that should be a weekly segment).

I would also love to hear about the resorts. And some kid-tips as well. I know it has been mentioned that they may be coming.

Sending Bawb to be "Boutiqued" would be excellent! I have the appointment already to step up & get "Boutiqued" along with my DD5 this fall - care to join us?

Keep up the great work!

Thanks for asking!

--I would love to hear about WDW sweepstakes and contests, but I am not sure if you'd be inclined to do this, or even if this could fit this into your already great podcasts?

--Would love to hear an interview of the round table with a family that won a YOMD major prize. Along the same lines, it could be really neat (and probably hilarious at times) to have an interview w/ a disser who just returned from a trip---to give their tips and tidbits.

--Other interviews that I'd like to hear: Ex-Dis characters and/or CM's tell all...; also, as I get older, I am becoming more and more afraid of the rides:confused3---would like to hear how the the mechanical engineers keep things safe....

I have not read the whole thread but what about the little things.

There are so many little things in WDW that people don't know about.
The one that comes to mind is waking Tinkerbell. I found out about on the board a couple years ago. I was talking to a friend about it and she had no idea.

Lisa

I love all the info already listed, as well as the discussions that have already happened on the DIS unplugged.

I would love to hear anything about Photography for the novice at WDW. good locations to get great shots.

Several shows ago, you guys were talking about the history of Gay Days and why you do/don't attend. During the show, Kevin was trying to get everyone to attend the Magic Kingdom together on that Saturday to see if it had changed since you'd last been. I'd like to hear an update on what you guys experienced, and if it changed Pete's mind at all since his article several years back.

I would like to hear the ins and out of DVC rentals---they sound as if they are really great bargains.

THANKS!:hippie:

I would really like to continue to hear from each of you about the ways that you think Disney could do better---Pete's feedback during a recent podcast about the updated Gran Fiesta Tour starring the Three Caballeros, was an excellent example!

I'll share mine with you: while I think they have a HUGE job bussing all of their visitors around from place to place for "free", I still can not help but to feel so steamed while I am standing around (or sitting on the ground out of sheer exhaustion) waiting and waiting in those seemingly excruciatingly LONG bus lines---esp. when I have seen them pick up the pace and load people up with back to back busses when a storm was coming. I just wonder if they could improve by maybe at least adding an announcment system that tells those waiting in line how much longer it will be??!

Thanks again!! You guys rock!:cool2:

I want to hear from WebmasterAlex lol. We used to pal around together in VMK!

HI ALEX! :wave2: I love hearing your name mentioned in the podcast!

Tropical Storm Barry happened to visit on the same day as Gay Day this year.

Even with our being proud, diehard Disney fans.....none of us were willing to venture out in the weather predicted for that day.

Kevin

Tropical Storm Barry happened to visit on the same day as Gay Day this year.

Even with our being proud, diehard Disney fans.....none of us were willing to venture out in the weather predicted for that day.

Kevin

I forgot about that! Can't blame you...I'm thinking Disney in a tropical storm is probably not the best time to be had! :scared:

This would be appropriate for closer to Halloween, but what about tales of "haunted Disneyworld"? Julie made some reference as to ghost stories told by the Wishes cruise captain. That piqued my interest.....

Denice T.
Olathe, KS

Would like to hear more information and "deals" and reviews about offsite hotels...and how about hearing about the differences b/n the WDW resort and offsite experience for both WDW and Universal (aside from the obvious resort perks EMH, ME,...). How about describing the cheapest trip one could take for a family of four for say, 4 nights, 5 days, versus the most elaborate/expensive...this sort of thing.

Would like to hear you "harken back" about old trips, rides, shows, restaurants, characters that you recall and maybe miss....

If not taking the ME from MCO, how much should the average cost be per person for transportation to the hotel and back to MCO? Which limo services do you recommend??

Would like to hear a little bit about Gatorland, and other Orlando activities.

this is totally OT, but i figured this is one of the few places pete and others would read with some regularity. why is C-O-M a bad word on disboards now?
was mccarthy a childhood hero or something? ;)

it's gone now

No new ideas, but I will second some of the ones already mentioned:

- backstage tours like Segway

- secrets or little known facts about WDW

- WDWFWfan's idea: "behind-the-scenes" related tidbits. What's it like to
work at Disney, what goes on after hours?

- DCL segment - I would love an interview w/ Tracey from her Med Cruise!
That way I can live vicariously through her experience since our next cruise
isn't until the Sept '08 double dip!

Sorry to be such a hog on this thread, but there's so much I'd love to hear! Because of my Disney obsession, I plan a lot of trips for other people (which I thoroughly enjoy!!) and I have just been asked to plan my first Grand Gathering (they have to go during Spring Break/March '08)---I'd like to hear round table discussions about Grand Gathering info and tips. THANKS!

Great ideas so far!

I would also like to hear reviews of the Disney resorts, including the group of Downtown Disney area hotels (I'm curious how they compare in amenities, bus transportation, pools, food, etc.).

How about a discussion on renting DVC points for your vacation stay? How does renting points compare cost-wise to booking a room? What are some actual experiences podcast hosts or listeners have had renting points? Any situations where renting points is recommended or definitely not recommended?

GREAT podcasts everyone...thanks again! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter